Top Of The Line Royal Canin Dog Food Review Guide For 2023-2024
Top Of The Line Royal Canin Dog Food Review Guide For 2023-2024 – Dog owners often wonder if they are feeding their canine companion the right food. Especially if you are a first-time dog owner or have no knowledge about what constitutes a balanced diet for your dog, deciding on your dog’s meal can be a challenge.
In such cases, entrusting your dog’s nutrition to a dependable Dog food brand like the Royal Canin is paramount. In this review guide, we will help you make an informed decision easily by guiding you through the nutritional facts of the Top Of The Line Royal Canin dog foods and how they will support your dog’s growth and health.
To find out even more keep reading our Top Of The Line Royal Canin Dog Food Review Guide For 2023-2024.
Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Golden Retriever Adult Dry Dog Food
Proper nutrition supports all the core systems of your dog’s body including the heart and skin. Royal Canin Golden Retriever Adult dry dog food has all your dog needs for proper growth and health.
Prepared for adult Golden retrievers (15 months and above), the product has nutrients fit for your Dog’s heart health including EPA, DHA, and Taurine. It’s also enriched to keep the Golden’s beautiful double coat healthy and shining.
The calorie and fat contents are precisely distributed so that every meal gives your dog what it needs to maintain the recommended weight for a medium-sized dog breed. The kibbles are designed to facilitate proper chewing for the Golden’s straight muzzle.
The Golden retriever is famous for its golden double coat. Royal Canin Golden Retriever Adult dry dog food sustains this coat so it stays healthy and shiny. In addition, the product is enriched with nutrients that are key to your dog’s heart health.
- Enriched with EPA, DHA and Taurine
- Healthy caloric and fat content
- Kibble shaped for easier chewing
- Royal Canin Golden Retriever Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Golden Retrievers 15 months and older
- Exclusive kibble shape designed specifically for a Golden Retriever’s straight muzzle and scissor bite to encourage chewing
- Reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients to support healthy skin and help promote a shiny coat
- Promotes heart health with taurine, EPA, and DHA for healthy cardiac function
- Maintains ideal weight with precise calorie and fat content designed for Golden Retrievers
Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Medium Adult Dry Dog Food
Overfed or underfed dogs are unhealthy. It is important to feed your dog with the right amounts in quality and quantity. And if that happens at the lowest cost, the better.
Royal Canin Medium Adult dry dog food is prepared to ensure that your 1 to 7 year-old dog with weight ranging between 23 lbs and 55 lbs is fed with the right nutrients. You get to choose between a 6-pound, 17-pound, or 30-pound package depending on your budget.
Enriched with DHA and EPA, the product is perfect for your dog’s skin and heart health. Besides, the food is also enriched with antioxidants to support your dog’s immune system. The added fiber and prebiotics are beneficial for healthy digestion. The kibbles’ size, shape, and flavor are adapted to entice your dog’s appetite and aid easy chewing.
Buying dog food can strain your budget. But Royal Canin Medium Adult dry dog food is packaged to allow you to buy the amount that fits your budget. Your dog can enjoy chewing kibbles that are designed and flavored to its liking and enriched with proper nutrients for its health.
- Budget-conscious packaging
- Added nutrients for healthy skin and heart
- Fiber and prebiotics for healthy digestion
- Adapted kibble size, shape and flavor
- Royal Canin Medium Adult dry dog food is precise nutrition specifically made for dogs 1–7 years old weighing 23–55 lbs.
- Supports natural defenses for immune support with a blend of antioxidants and prebiotics
- Maintains healthy skin and coat health with optimal levels of EPA and DHA
- Promotes healthy digestion with easy-to-digest proteins and a balanced supply of fiber
- Exclusive kibble design encourages chewing and has a palatability dogs love
Royal Canin Glycobalance Dry Dog Food
Diabetes need not be a death sentence or a condition for poor quality of life for your dog. You can manage your pet’s condition by feeding him/her with the right food. The Royal Canin Glycobalance (formerly Royal Canin Diabetic) is specifically prepared to meet the nutritional needs of your diabetic canine.
The product is fortified with minerals and vitamins to promote healthy growth in consideration of your dog’s health status. The fiber content is balanced to keep your pet’s glycemic response under control. Besides, specially selected carbohydrates are used to ensure your pet’s blood sugar levels are consistently regulated.
Diabetic canines need special attention when it comes to feeding. Since not every owner has knowledge of proper nutrition for these dogs, the Royal Canin Glycobalance Dry Dog Food gives you a hand by delivering a ready and rightly prepared diabetic product.
- Nutritional balance for diabetic dogs
- Right fiber content
- Right carbohydrates for recommended blood sugar
- Royal Canin Diabetic is now Royal Canin Glycobalance
- Balanced fiber blend to moderate your pet’s glycemic response and reduce the symptoms of fiber-responsive conditions
- Controlled amounts of fat; Complex carbohydrates that help moderate your dog’s blood sugar
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals to help your dog thrive
- Specially formulated to help provide good nutrition to diabetic dogs
Royal Canin Canine Urinary SO Small Dog Dry Dog Food
This gastrointestinal formula has the SO (struvite oxalate) index. This means that it is prepared to support a urinary environment that hinders the development of calcium oxalate and struvite crystals and stones. The formula promotes the dissolution of the stones if already present.
The low magnesium level in the product supports the recommended pH and a low RSS (relative super saturation) both of which serve to inhibit the stones. Your pet will produce more urine which reduces the unhealthy saturation.
The size of Canine Urinary SO kibbles is adapted for small dogs to encourage easy chewing and promote dental health.
A high RSS can cause serious health issues for your pet with the formation of struvite and calcium oxalate crystals and stones. Feeding your dog with Royal Canin Canine Urinary SO promotes urine dilution and supports an overall healthy urinary environment.
- Gastrointestinal formula with SO index
- Supports recommended pH levels
- Protects dog from struvite stones
- Promotes dental health
- Helps dissolve pure struvite stones and helps prevent calcium oxalate stones
- Lowers the risk of crystal formation using RSS methodology for bladder health
- Supports urinary health with an exclusive S/O Index, and creates an environment unfavorable to crystal formation in the bladder
- Adapted kibble size for small dogs encourages chewing to help reduce tartar buildup
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Multifunction Renal Support + Hydrolyzed Protein Dry Dog Food
This product is a well-balanced complete dog food formula intended to offer support for multiple canine conditions by addressing various nutritional needs in one product. You’ll need the vet’s prescription to use this product for your pet’s dietary management program.
The food is highly palatable and promotes healthy digestion. The proteins in the product are hydrolyzed, implying that they are broken down into manageable quantities so that your dog’s immune system does not react to them. This also preempts nutrient allergy and inflammatory bowel syndrome.
In consultation with your pet’s vet, the Multifunction renal support + hydrolyzed protein product helps you feed your dog with a food choice that has all the nutrients in one bowl. Your dog can easily digest the hydrolyzed proteins with no allergic or inflammatory reactions.
- Well-balanced for multiple nutritional needs
- Highly palatable and digestible
- Manageable hydrolyzed proteins
- Helps stimulate appetite in dogs and encourage eating with aromatic kibble
- Helps reduce the risk of skin and GI reactions with proteins that are broken down to a size that’s less likely to be recognized by the immune system
- Helps compensate for decreased appetite with a highly palatable energy-dense formula to reduce meal volume
Royal Canin Canine Satiety Support Dry
If your dog shows signs of putting on a bit of extra weight, you have a solution in this food product. Royal Canin canine satiety support dry food has low-calorie and high fiber, which gives your dog a feeling of satiety and helps the digestive system to keep running and not clog.
The product has some additives including the L-carnitine supplement which speeds up your dog’s fat-burning metabolism. The added Chondroitin Sulfate supports healthy joints.
A low-calorie and high-fiber food product is the perfect solution for your dog’s weight management plan. Royal Canin Canine Satiety allows you to feed your dog with smaller portions without depriving him/her of the necessary calories. The L-carnitine boost accelerates fat-burning which is key for weight management.
- Low calorie-high fiber product
- L-carnitine boost for faster fat-burning
- Supports joint health
- A low-calorie formula that is stocked with fiber to keep your dog feeling full after each meal and to keep his digestive system running clean
- Balanced nutrients to ensure that your dog receives all essential vitamins and minerals even with smaller portions of food
- Boosted L-carnitine to accelerate your pet’s fat-burning metabolism
- Sodium tripolyphosphate to protect your dog’s teeth from decay
Royal Canin Hypoallergenic Hydrolyzed Protein Small Dog Dry Dog Food
This veterinary diet is specially prepared for dogs with food sensitivities to proteins and other compounds. The hydrolyzed proteins are in smaller particles and, therefore, easier to digest. This inhibits Gastrointestinal (GI) allergic reactions and the resulting skin allergies.
The food is highly palatable and has a low RSS to promote a healthy urinary environment, thereby preventing the development of struvite and calcium oxalate stones. Kibble size and shape are adapted to favor chewing for small dogs which avoids food clogging between teeth and the risk of tartar buildup.
Dogs that show resistance to proteins or other nutrients can be delicate when it comes to feeding. A special dog food prepared to minimize GI and skin reactions will help you provide your dog’s nutritional needs without worrying about possible health issues.
- Perfect for dogs with food sensitivities
- Promotes a healthy urinary environment
- Kibbles adapted for smaller dogs
- Product Details:
- Helps reduce skin and GI reactions that may be a result of sensitivities to common proteins found in pet foods
- Helps minimize risk of reaction with proteins that are broken down to a size that’s less likely to be recognized by the immune system
- Promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals
Royal Canin Canine Selected Protein Adult PR Dry
The food is a complete and balanced dog formula that is prepared with rabbit meat. Enriched with selected proteins, Royal Canin canine selected protein adult PR is recommended for the nutritional management of dogs with food resistances that cause GI and dermatological allergic reactions.
Your dog’s history of food allergy has to be established before using this product and you need the authorization of your pet’s vet before use. It is highly palatable, easily digestible and enriched with EPA and DHA for your dog’s skin and heart health.
When your dog needs special food treatment owing to nutrient resistances, seeking the consent of your pet’s vet to use Royal Canin Canine Selected Protein Adult PR will put you and your pal at ease.
- Complete and balanced formula
- Good for dogs with nutrient resistances
- Highly palatable and digestible
- Enriched with health-supporting EPA and DHA
- NONE AT THIS TIME
Top Of The Line Royal Canin Dog Food Buying Guide For 2023-2024
The dog food market is full of Royal Canin dog food products. While this may be an indication of customer consistency in feeding their pets with these products, it is also an indication of a company with a long and solid history in the production of quality dog food. Indeed, the company has thrived from 1968 while passing through the management of different groups, ending up under the management of the current owner, Mars Incorporated since 2001.
A core characteristic of the Royal Canin dog foods is that they are a result of consistent research geared at establishing proper nutritional requirements for different dog breeds, growth stages, and specific medical conditions in dogs. This attention to dog nutritional needs has made Royal Canin a celebrated dog food producer, not only in the United States but all over the globe.
Royal Canin’s attention to a dog’s nutritional needs is evident in several characteristics of their products. We discuss three among those reflected in the above dog food reviews.
Dog food products are required to include a nutritional adequacy statement that should be based on research, proving that the product provides the required levels of specific nutrients. Nutritional adequacy statements also include the growth stages for which the dog food is appropriate.
Nutrients are nourishment substances that dogs obtain from the food they consume. These are essential sources of energy for growth and health. As a general requirement, dog food should contain 6 key classes of nutrients: Water, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
Dry dog food has up to 10% of water. This implies that it should be complemented with the daily hydration requirements to sustain the 60/70% water levels in an adult dog’s body weight. Needless to say that water deficiency can cause serious health issues for your pet.
Proteins are vital for the growth and development of cells, organs, tissues, antibodies and have other reproduction and repair functions. They can be sourced from meats or vegetables and cereals though the last two are considered incomplete proteins. The presence of proteins is consistent in Royan Canin products, often indicated as hydrolyzed for easier absorption as in the case of the Royal Canin Canine Selected Protein Adult PR Dry.
Carbohydrates are important for energy provision and have a digestive function especially when ingested as fiber. They play a vital role in reproduction and the supply of energy to the brain.
Fats provide twice as much energy as proteins and carbohydrates because they are concentrated. They are essential for growth and provide insulation for internal organs but should be present in your pet’s body in balanced quantities.
Vitamins are required in small amounts for metabolic functions. Dogs do not usually need vitamin supplements unless a vet notices a deficiency and recommends a supplement.
Minerals are important for the healthy growth of bones, teeth, skin and other structures and metabolic reactions. Dogs do not synthesize minerals and require that they are added to their diet. A good example is the EPA, DHA, and Taurine included in our top pick, the Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Golden Retriever Adult Dry Dog Food.
Dog’s Special Health Needs:
As earlier mentioned, many Royal Canin products are specially made for dogs with particular clinical situations. One such condition is diabetes. Diet management is a core aspect of diabetes treatment in dogs. It implies helping your dog maintain the recommended body weight by restricting calories, fat, and food portions. Diabetes management in dogs checks the protein and carbohydrate intakes so that postprandial hyperglycemia is controlled. Such is the nutritional goal in Royal Canin’s Glycobalance Dry Dog Food.
Another common health issue related to dog nutrition is sensitivity to certain nutrients. Dogs often manifest resistance to protein foods from meat and dairy as well as gluten from wheat. The body’s immune system manifests resistance to food mostly through gastrointestinal and dermatologic reactions.
This can be countered by putting your dog on a hypoallergenic diet that should be agreed upon with your pet’s vet following a diagnosis for the allergic food trigger. Royal Canin has several products addressing food sensitivity and allergies including Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Ultamino Dry Dog Food, Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Multifunction Renal Support + Hydrolyzed Protein Dry Dog Food, Royal Canin Hypoallergenic Hydrolyzed Protein Small Dog Dry Dog Food, and Royal Canin Canine Selected Protein Adult PR Dry.
Additives to dog food may not necessarily be required nutrients but they can be healthy supplements and flavors. Common additives to dog food are the antioxidants. These are essential for inhibiting oxidative damage to food nutrients and restraining the creation of free radicals. A good example, in this case, is the Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Ultamino Dry Dog Food.
Some additives are meant to support the healthy growth of body structures. Additives with chondroprotective agents may be included in dog food for particular health conditions or as support to certain body structures. The Chondroitin Sulfate that is added to the Royal Canin Canine Satiety Support Dry dog food supports the development of cartilage and healthy joints.
Flavor additives are usually natural tastes from animal or plant products like fish, poultry, eggs, dairy or in rare cases herbs and spices. In Royal Canin products, flavor additives are included as an appetizing element as in the case of the Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Medium Adult Dry Dog Food.
Feeding your dog with a healthy food product is paramount. It implies proper growth and healthy life for your canine. Healthy dog food should contain the required nutrients in the right portions.
Our top pick, Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Golden Retriever Adult Dry Dog Food, qualifies as healthy dog food for its blend of nutrients and additional minerals (EPA, DHA, and Taurine) that support heart and skin health, two key indicators of a healthy Golden retriever.
Besides, the calorie and fat contents in this product are added in the right proportions to support the recommended body weight for an adult Golden retriever. Thanks for taking the time to read our Top Of The Line Royal Canin Dog Food Review Guide For 2023-2024.