Top Of The Line Rabbit Cages Review Guide For 2022-2023
Top Of The Line Rabbit Cages Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Rabbits are adorable little creatures that will love spending time with you in your garden or yard and inside your home. They will thrive on your company but there will be times when they need to be shut into a rabbit house for their own safety.
Often, this is at night when you are in bed. Bunny cages provide a place where your furry little friend can eat, drink and relax and must have enough space for them to move around.
When you are choosing an indoor rabbit cage for your bunny you should be looking for a large rabbit hutch that will provide sufficient space for your rabbit to move freely.
There should also be a place for food and water and a private space where they can get away from everyone if they want to. To help you make the right choice, keep reading my Top Of The Line Rabbit Cages Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Living World Deluxe Small Animal Habitat Amazon’s Choice
This extra-large version Deluxe rabbit cage provides a cozy habitat for your little furry friend with everything that an indoor bunny could need to keep them happy. It comprises a hard wire mesh (red and white) frame which is chew proof on the top half which is secured onto a bottom base made of plastic. The enclosure provides safety, ventilation and comfort.
Within the cage, there is a small balcony which is accessed via a ramp and for feeding there is a tip proof food dish for rabbit food that fixes to the balcony floor. To allow you to clean easily, the wire top opens into two parts. The wire front door provides another access point. So that your bunny can have some quiet time alone, there is a hidden space under the balcony.
The plastic rabbit hutch comes with a drip-proof water bottle and features a hay guard which are fixed to the outside of the cage so that there is more space inside. You will need to put it together yourself but this small rabbit cage is easy to assemble – it takes just minutes and requires no tools.
- Hard wire frame and plastic base
- Balcony with access ramp
- Quiet, hidden space
- Non drip water bottle and spill-proof dish
- Brand: Living World
- Model: 61859A1
- Weight: 19 pounds
- Habitat that provides everything you need for safely housing a small animal such as a rabbit, guinea pig, hamster, ferret, or a chinchilla
- Small animal cage is designed with an upper wire frame and a plastic bottom base, which provides a safe, well ventilated, and comfortable place for small pets
- Includes a balcony with access ramp and small animal hideout, tip proof small animal food bowl, drip proof small animal water bottle, and hay guard
- Animal cage assembles in minutes using 8 easy to use plastic clips; no tools required
- Dimensions: 46.9 L x 22.8 W x 24 H inches
MidWest Critter Nation Deluxe Small Animal Cage Amazon’s Choice
Within this multiple level rabbit cage there is a bottom pan for easy cleaning, an adjustable interior shelf with a ramp and a lower shelf beneath the cage. It is easy to move the cage around because it has four lockable casters.
There will be no problems getting at your rabbit because it has full-width double doors. When you want to clean inside the Midwest Deluxe Critter Nation , the shelf can be removed.
The pan in this indoor rabbit cage is completely leak-proof to protect the area around the cage. The ramp is at just the right angle to prevent nasty falls and is covered to protect little feet.
The door latches are dual-locking to prevent any attempts at escape whilst the sturdy tube frame and wire frame in a gray quartz hammer-tone finish keeps your pet safe and secure. It provides a large living space for your rabbit – the wire spacing is large enough for adequate ventilation but small enough to keep your rabbit inside.
- Sturdy and strong wire cage for safety
- Full-width double doors
- Extra large rabbit cage with plenty of floor space
- Adjustable shelf and ramp
- Brand: MidWest Homes for Pets
- Model: 59 pounds
- Weight: 161
- Includes one (1) pan, one (1) adjustable shelf, one (1) plastic ramp with cover & easily maneuverable stand with 4 locking wheel casters
- Full-width double doors on Critter Nation small animal cage and removeable shelf provide maximum accessibility for easy cleaning & feeding
- Critter nation’s wide expanse shelves & full width leakproof pans provide maximized play area & prevent dangerous falls
- Great for Rats, Chinchillas, Dagus, Ferrets, Tubing (Corners) 0.6 inches square & 1/2″ horizontal wire spacing allow pets to fulfill their instinct to climb & explore in a secure environment
- Dimensions: 36″ Length x 24″ Width x 39″ Height
Upgrade Rabbit Hutch Rabbit Amazon’s #1 Best Seller
A beautiful bunny cage that would also suit guinea pigs. These rabbit cages are spacious and are 40.6 inches wide. Unlike most rabbit cages that are just one level, this indoor rabbit hutch has multiple levels, three living areas and enough space for your rabbit to move around.
This multi level cage has a plastic base that makes it easy to clean out. It is one of the best rabbit cages for your rabbit’s health because there is plenty of ventilation and space for them to stretch out.
These wooden cages have three separate openings – making it easy for you to get at the food dish and clean out the floor. You can even open the roof as it is hinged. There is an extra layer of wire mesh above the litter box so that your bunny does not have to stand in their poop.
This is a perfect rabbit cage for both indoors and outdoors, there is even a ramp which makes it easy for bunny to get back in at night.
- Suitable for an indoor bunny or outdoors
- Made from strong wood and wire mesh
- Multi level rabbit cage with plenty of space
- Removable plastic tray for poop
- Brand: Aivituvin
- Model: B07HT53C89
- Weight: 51.6 pounds
- ★ Invincible upgrade in 2021 with TWO NO LEAK TRAYS! NO LEAK TRAYS! NO LEAK TRAYS! As the original design supplier, we are ok with the competitors to plagiarize! But Please Do Keep the Every Professional Details Not Only the Outside Shape!
- ★ COMPARISON 1-OURS: Extra Metal Wire Netting(removable) above the bottom tray so bunny will not standing on their poop. Super easy to clean your rabbit house. OTHERS: NONE
- ★ COMPARISON 2-OURS: 1.8” depth thicker plastic no leak tray. OTHERS: 1.4” depth cheap plywood/metal tray that will leak and plywood will easy go moldy.
- ★ COMPARISON 3-OURS: Extra SLIDING DOOR can be open/close to separate the up & down area. OTHERS: No sliding door at all ! Bunny will mess up and makes clean difficult.
- ★ COMPARISON 4-OURS: Stronger stainless steel casters & exclusive latches & high quality metal open roof hinge for longer usage. OTHERS: Much cheaper small plastic casters, wood latches & wood hinge which are easy to broken.
Midwest Wabbitat Folding Rabbit Cage
You’ll be able to set this indoor bunny cage up in seconds as it requires no tools. The design allows you to access the interior from the top and the front.
You can even open up the slide latch on the side using one hand which is a great help when feeding. It’s made from black electro-coated mesh which is durable and resistant to rust.
For rabbit health and comfort, the grid mesh floor is spaced at ½ inch apart so that it will comfortably support your bunny’s hocks but is still very hygienic.
Underneath the mesh, there is a strong plastic pan which slides out making it easy for pet owners to clean up and there is a urine guard that protects the surrounding area from getting splashed with urine.
- Assembled in seconds with no tools
- Removable plastic tray litter box
- Black electro-coated wire mesh
- Urine guard to prevent splashes
- Brand: MidWest Homes for Pets
- Model: 157
- Weight: 20.3 pounds
- Sets Up Complete in Seconds, No Tools Needed | Approx. 37L x 19W x 20H
- Unique Design Provides Versatile Top and Front Door Access
- Secure Slide Latch Allows for One-Handed Door Operation
- Easy to Slide Out and Clean Front Access Durable Plastic Pan
- 1/2 inch Grid Mesh Floor Supports and Hygienically Protects Rabbits Hocks
Petsfit Rabbit Hutch
This attractive, raised cage is made from iron wire and white cedar wood and would look great in any home. It is big enough to accommodate two rabbits and has no weight limit. However, if your pet is extremely fond of chewing, it may not be suitable because of the timber used in the construction.
This cage is not water-proof so it needs to be used inside. You will be able to assemble it with ease, there are pre-drilled holes for the screws.
For easy cleaning, a piston mechanism lifts up the roof on the enclosed side. There is a latch-opening at the front for easy access and a removable tray underneath for when you need to clean it out.
- Made from iron wire and white cedar wood
- Designed for indoor use
- Pre-drilled holes for quick assembly
- Latch opening at the front
- Brand: Petsfit
- Weight: 33.5 pounds
- Solid wood construction, top level and classic design. PAY ATTENTION Tote last photo about how to connect the pneumatic stay bar
- Outer dimension: 36″Lx22″Wx30″H. Please check the second photo for more details
- Pull out tray, roof can be opened, easy to clean(NO grate included)
- Grey and white trim, painted with water-based paint
- Easy assembly with pre-drilled holes
Kennel-Aire “A Frame Bunny House
This is a rabbit cage that can go places thanks to the four caster wheels which are heavy-duty and strong. This spacious cage is made from strong metal wire and has an arched roof. It combines safety and security with a place to play.
Underneath the cage there is a slide-out litter box pan which is made of plastic for easy cleaning. There are two openings for easy access located at the top and at the top and front. You’ll be able to set it up quickly without having to use any tools.
- Made from strong metal wire
- Combines safety and security with a play space
- Plastic slide-out pan
- Quick set-up involving no tools
- Brand: Kennel-Aire
- Model: 15 pounds
- Weight: 49960
- A-FRAME BUNNY HOUSE: The kennel for bunnies is made of strong metal wire & has a slide-out plastic pan for easy cleaning. Also accommodates guinea pigs, hedgehogs & other small animals. Easy to assemble.
- METAL PET KENNEL: This heavy-duty kennel for small pets has heavy-duty caster wheels for easy movement & placement around your home. Rabbit enclosure also features top & front doors for easy access.
- KENNELS & HOUSES: Crate & kennel training is vital for dog safety & comfort. We provide traditional travel carriers, wire training & exercise kennels, play pens, barn-style dog houses & more.
- Petmate: For over 50 years, we at Petmate are passionate about our dogs, cats & furry friends in general. Starting with the very first dog kennel, we’ve produced plenty of eco-friendly products that pets will love.
- JUST FOR PETS: Petmate makes a variety of pet products for dogs, cats, chickens & other small furry friends! Check out our brands such as Aspen Pet, Arm & Hammer, Booda, Chuckit!, Jackson Galaxy & more!
Merax Rabbit Wood House
There are multiple levels in this solid wood hutch that can be used inside or outside in your yard or garden. The stained fir wood used in the construction has an attractive, warm finish that looks great but has a waterproof coating so it will stand up to wind and rain.
This outdoor rabbit hutch comprises a covered nesting area for privacy and warmth, a ramp and three activity sections for your pet to explore.
The entire roof hinges open for easy access and cleaning and it is covered with a weather-resistant asphalt coating.
The cage comes with a built-in slide out tray and has a total of three openings so you can access every part of the cage. It comes with full assembly instructions and hardware and is easy to assemble.
- Attractive fir wooden cage
- Easy to assemble
- Built-in litter tray
- Covered nesting area
- Brand: Merax
- Weight: 48.5 pounds
- 【A Wide Selection of Usages】Overall size: 62”L x 18”D x 36.8”H (including roof portion). The crafted construction with superior strength and stability makes the cage become a perfect shelter for not only rabbits and chicken, but also other small animals. The animal cage can protect them from bad weather and damage
- 【Sturdy Construction & Weatherproof Design】Constructed by premium natural fir wood and painted with eco-friendly waterproof non-toxic varnish. The original wood is firm and natural for your beloved pet. Thanks to the eco-friendly paint, the cage is waterproof, anti-corrosion and also UV-resistant, which offers long-lasting lifespan to provide a warm house for pet all the time
- 【Spacious Space & User-friendly Design】pets coop comes with nesting box, resting box and ramp. Your poultry can lay their eggs in the nesting box. There is sliding door and ramp allows poultry to easily enter the raised housing area. There are timber ridges above the ramp to protects your poultry from slipping back. With the design of the gridding door, you can watch your pets without disturbing
- 【Removable tray & Gridding Fences】There is removable bottom sliding tray for easy cleaning. High-quality gridding fences provide a healthy poultry lifestyle. With the pitched roof, your poultry can run outside even on rainy days. The fences are vital to the ventilation of poultry, they will also protect your poultry from the outside predators
- 【Usier-friendly Design】Two easy-access entry doors are designed to both ventilate and protect poultry from external predators. It also allows you to watch your pets without disturbing.
YAHEETECH 52-Inch 6 Level Metal Critter Cage Amazon’s Choice
Here we have a tall pet cage that has multiple balconies and ramps. Multiple pets can play in it at once. In all there are five tiers so rabbits can climb and rest as they wish. The access is easy using one of the three doors at the front. All of the doors are arched and have secure latches so there will be no escapes.
The cage comprises a painted metal square wire frame that has no hard edges or sharp corners. The ramps have an arc design for maximum safety and provide a friction surface for your rabbit’s feet so they will not slip and fall.
Underneath the cage, there is a tray that collects waste and to clean it, you simply slide it out. This maintains the hygiene of the cage. If you want a large indoor rabbit cage but still want to move it around, this is the right rabbit cage for you as it has four smooth 360° caster wheels.
- Multiple balconies and ramps
- Ramps have an arc design for maximum safety
- Pull-out tray under the cage
- Three doors for easy access
- Brand: Yaheetech
- Weight: 28.2 pounds
- 【Durable & Sturdy】This cage is constructed of powder coated metal square tubes and wires; safe hammertone paint gives this stylish cage excellent wear and corrosion resistance; features 4 heavy-duty casters at the bottom ensure high load capacity.
- 【EXTRA LARGE EXERCISE PLACE】25.2 x 17.2 x 52’’ large pet chinchillas cage with 0.9’’ bar spacing allows several small animals to have fun at the same time; six tiers are connected with ramps, which expand the usable area for pets to climb and rest; perfect for small pets like guinea pigs, squirrels, chinchillas, ferrets, rabbits, hedgehogs, etc.
- 【SAFE & SECURE】All three arched doors are secured with latches, keeping your pets safe in the cage when you are not around; arc designed ramp with embossed stripes for safety purpose, which can increase the friction and prevent your pets from slipping during their climbing; smooth seams and rounded corners protect your pets and yourself from undesired injury
- 【EASY CLEANING】3-Door design makes it easy to clean the cage and tiers with tools; a slide-out tray under the cage can be removed and cleaned with water; a metal mesh between pets and the tray can avoid your pets walking/laying directly on their droppings
- 【CONVENIENT MOVING】4 Smooth rolling casters can be rotated in all directions for convenient moving; This squirrels cage comes with a complimentary wall-mounted water bottle and a pet bowl.
Prevue Pet Products Rabbit Hutch
This product is an all-weather rabbit hutch that is made of weather-resistant fir tree lumber to which a coat of protective stain has been applied.
This wooden cage is weather-resistant but non-toxic and you should reapply a suitable product periodically to maintain its weather-proof capabilities. On the roof, there is a water-resistant asphalt coating. To keep your bunny safe, the doors have double locks.
The hutch has a covered and cozy nesting box area that has a removable dividing wall. The whole roof hinges open for easy access. At the bottom of the cage, there is a removable wire mesh bottom grille that is designed to be gentle on rabbit feet and is useful to litter train your bunny. The wooden hutch is compatible with a playpen extension which is sold separately.
- Wooden hutch made from weather-resistant fir tree lumber
- Water-resistant asphalt roof coating
- Cozy nesting box area
- Removable bottom grille
- Brand: Prevue Hendryx
- Model: 460
- Weight: 40 pounds
- Prevue Pet Products Small Rabbit Hutch is a safe and secure home for your rabbit
- Rabbit Hutch has double door locks for extra security
- Crafted from weather-resistant fir, coated with a non-toxic stain
- Removable bottom grille in a foot-friendly design
- 36-Inch long, 24-inch wide and 35-1/2-inch high
MidWest Homes For Rabbit
This useful rabbit cage comes with a hay feeder and water bottle as well as a food dish so you have everything you need to keep your baby rabbits comfortable.
It has a deep plastic base which will contain the litter and a raised feeding area where you place the stationary food bowl to reduce mess. The raised area of the bunny cage is accessed via a safe ramp and there is a private space underneath it.
There is full-width side-door access for easy cleaning of the plastic cage and there is a large top door to give easy access to interact with your rabbit. You can make the living space larger by buying additional compatible extensions. It is very simple to assemble and requires no tools.
- Comes with a hay feeder and water bottle
- Deep plastic base to contain the litter
- Raised area accessed via a safe ramp
- Full-width side-door access
- Brand: MidWest Homes for Pets
- Model: 158
- Weight: 14.85 pounds
- Rabbit Cage includes free hay feeder, water bottle, feeding bowl & elevated feeding area, Ideal for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs & Chinchillas
- Rabbit Cage measures 39.5 L x 23.62 W x 19.75 H inches providing a large living space & maximum comfort for your pet
- Rabbit Cage features 5.5″ deep base to contain litter & convenient top / full side-door access
- Rabbit cage (model 158) is compatible with both extensions to create an even larger living space (Wire: 158WEX or wood Rabbit Hutch: 158HEX)
Aivituvin Outdoor Rabbit Hutch
An attractive and functional rabbit space, the Aivituvin Rabbit Hutch is a good option if you are buying a rabbit cage for a large indoor space or for outdoors.
It has plenty of floor area to place your rabbit’s feeding bowl and the water bottle can be slotted in through the mesh so you do not have to open the cage to fill it. It would also suit any other indoor small animal such as a guinea pig.
There is a large open roof area so your bunny can get plenty of fresh air and have a good look at what is going on. The sleeping area is enclosed and warm and there is a leak-proof slide-out tray at the bottom for easy cleaning. The whole hutch is on casters so you can move it around.
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Large outside area
- Strong mesh
- Pull-out plastic tray for cleaning
- Brand: Aivituvin
- Model: B07QP5QW36
- Weight: 49.5 pounds
- ★ Rabbit hutch with 3 DEEP removable pull out tray from front and back! NOT LEAK! Better plastic quality, easy to clean !
- ★Guinea pig cage on 6 wheels easily to move.2 of them are locking wheel to fix well and safe.
- ★Large open roof cage for bunny,3big front doors, middle sliding out access door for easy catching every side.
- ★ Waterproof Asphalt roof ! Rabbit house perfect for bunnies,Guinea pig cage,lizard and other small animals,no weight limit.
- ★ Large guinea pig cage added Metal feeder and chewing Toy as a special gifts.
Krolik XXL Rabbit Cage
The Ferplast Krolik rabbit cage is a popular indoor small animal cage that can be used for indoor rabbits and other small pets. The House Rabbit Society recommends that rabbits are kept inside so that you can interact with them on a regular basis and they can feel like they are part of the family.
This alleviates boredom and destructive behavior. It can be used for multiple rabbits (two) or guinea pigs (three). If you are new to keeping an indoor small animal it would be a good choice as it includes everything that you would need. There is a feeding bowl and water bottle – in fact you get two water bottles!
There is a separate wire extension that can be used for nesting and this can be separated from the rest of the cage to make it more comfortable. The deep base has been designed to hold plenty of litter to absorb liquids and it detaches completely from the rest of the cage so that you can clean it thoroughly.
- Ferplast Krolik rabbit cage for indoors
- Plenty of space for an indoor small animal
- Includes water bottle and feeding bowl
- Deep and removable base
- Brand: Ferplast
- Model: 57072670US1
- Weight: 23.9 pounds
- Perfect XXL rabbit cage starter kit for 1-2 rabbits, rabbit cage includes 2 large water bottles, 2 hay feeders, feeding bowl & elevated feeding area ideal for up to 2 rabbits or 3 guinea pigs
- Extra-Extra-Large living space, rabbit cage measures 63.8 L x 23.62 W x 19.68 H inches & includes a separate wire extension ideal for nesting that can be separated from the rest of the rabbit cage providing a lots of living space & maximum comfort for your pet
- Easy maintenance rabbit cage, Krolik features a 5.5″ deep base to contain a litter & entire base of the rabbit cage detaches for cleaning or dumping of litter / debris
- Convenient access: Multiple doors provides quick access inside the rabbit cage
- Ferplast Quality Guarantee: Rabbit cage includes 1-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Tangkula Rabbit Hutch
This large rabbit hutch provides spacious accommodation for rabbits outside. It comes in three attractive colors and will look fantastic in any garden. If you have a large home, there is no reason why you could not use it for indoor rabbits.
The construction is from high quality wood and rust-resistant mesh. The roof is covered in asphalt making it water-proof and sun-resistant.
There are two entry doors so that you can reach your pet and a very useful pull-out tray to make it easy to clean out. There is plenty of open space to run around but also an enclosed nesting box for warmth and privacy.
- Large hutch with plenty of room to move around
- To large entry doors
- Removable plastic tray
- Nesting box for warmth
- Attractive design to look great in the garden or yard
- Brand: Tangkula
- Model: B08ZDHF9GV
- Weight: 30 pounds
- ?【Sturdy & Secure Construction】Made of high-quality thick wood, the construction of this pet house is very solid and durable for constant outdoor use. The rust-resistant wire mesh can resist chewing and prevents your pets from escaping or invasion of predators.
- ?【Weatherproof Asphalt Roof】Fully covered with high-quality asphalt, the rabbit cage’s roof is waterproof and sun-resistant, making the cage an ideal shelter for your pets from rain and direct sunlight. As the wood frame is also rain-resistant, you can put it outdoors with no worry about the weather.
- ?【Pull-out Tray & 2 Entry Doors】The removable pull-out tray makes cleaning much more convenient for you and providing your pets with a neat and healthier environment. Featured with 2 entry doors, the house allows you to interact with your pets and clean the two stories easily.
- ?【Spacious 2-Story House】Our spacious rabbit hutch has two stories for your pets to act. The large outdoor run allows your pets to roam and play in the warm sunshine freely. And the penthouse provides pets with a peaceful and warm space to rest. Through the window you can check on your pets without disturbing.
- ?【Classic Appearance & Easy Assembly】The rabbit hutch has a classic pastoral appearance, which makes it an ideal decoration in your garden or backyard. With all parts, step-in-step instruction and necessary tools included, you can assemble this cute rabbit house quickly and effortlessly.
Amazon Basics Small Animal Cage
A simple small animal habitat that won’t break the bank. You could also use this cage for guinea pigs and chinchillas. It’s constructed from strong PP plastic with a wire frame. Because you can open it at both the top and the sides, you can easily reach your pet and clean out the cage.
There is a hideaway space so that your pet can have some privacy and a balcony for extra space that is reached via an access ramp. It comes with a hay guard, a non-drip water bottle and a food dish.
- Simple rabbit habitat
- Made from strong PP plastic
- Easy to clean
- Ramp and balcony
- Brand: Amazon Basics
- Model: 9012-1
- Weight: 15.56 pounds
- Jumbo small-animal habitat for pet rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, or chinchillas
- Iron wire upper frame and PP plastic base; large top and front openings for easy inside access
- Includes non-drip water bottle, hay guard, and balcony with access ramp and tip-proof food dish
- Hide-away space underneath balcony for privacy; simple assembly (no tools needed)
- Measures 48.6 by 26.6 by 20.6 inches (LxWxH); weighs 18.7 pounds; backed by an Amazon Basics limited 1-year warranty
- It is not recommended to use this product for a long time outdoors at low temperatures
Petsfit Rabbit Hutch, Two-Story Wood Bunny Cage
This lovely Petsfit wood rabbit cage would be a great addition to any garden or yard. It has some charming details as well as being highly functional.
The spacious accommodation is over two levels with an access ramp. Each level has two pull out trays for easy cleaning. Access is via three doors and the roof and you can close off the top floor if you want to.
It’s made from Finnish spruce timber that has been treated with a water-based paint so it is safe for your rabbit. It also has strong mesh and an asphalt roof. It looks just like a cute little cottage, complete with asphalt roof and balcony where you can plant flowers.
- Large and spacious accommodation over two level
- Top floor can be closed off
- Strong mesh
- Pretty design features
- Brand: Petsfit
- Model: RHW30363ZB0820J
- Weight: 66 pounds
- Spacious Space: 31.5″L x 26″W x 46″H. The two-story rabbit cage is ideal for 1-2 rabbits and similar-sized pets such as guinea pig, hamster and ferret, providing more room for pets to run up & down with a solid non-slip wood ramp (5.2” wide) inside.
- Practical Design: 2 pull-out trays for each level, handy for cleaning up. Roof can be opened, additionally three front doors make you reach critters from any points. The top floor can be closed off with a vertical door (6.3” wide) if you want pets separated.
- Safe & Solid: 100% Finnish spruce timber and treated with water-based paint, healthy for pets. Thicker panel & mesh wire than others ensures good sturdiness. Galvanized pull-out tray. Roof covered with asphalt keeps pets dry for outdoor.
- Adorable & Stylish: Classical cottage look with a flower balcony, fits decor easier indoor & outdoor. Top floor is divided into 2 rooms to use. Outstanding ventilation & vision for your pets with 3 doors to open & metal meshes around.
- Tips for Use: A litter box (with hay) in the corner would be better if he/she had been well trained. Recycled newspapers, puppy pads or fleece mat on the tray would be good choice to clean up. For boredom chewers, providing them some wood sticks, newspaper or fresh vegetables on a regular basis.
- Buy with Confidence: Petsfit adhere to Amazon Return Policy. Within 30 days, we will take full responsibility of all quality problems. You can contact our customer service for replament or returning.
Top Of The Line Rabbit Cages Buying Guide For 2022-2023
What to Look for in a Rabbit Cage:
Before you start buying a rabbit cage, check out this list of the things that you should look for in the best rabbit cages
- Size of the cage: This is the most important consideration and when it comes to choosing rabbit cages, the bigger the better. It must be big enough for your rabbit to be able to play and move around. Most rabbits have free movement around a house or garden and are only locked away at night for their own safety and to prevent them from damaging anything. The cage must be big enough to allow three bunny hops in any direction. Ideally, it should be six rabbit lengths long.
- Shape of the cage: Cages should also be tall enough for your bunny to stand up on their hind legs and look around. This is a natural instinct for rabbits and they must have enough room to follow it. Obviously, if you are you are keeping more than one rabbit, you will need a bigger cage.
- Safe pet access: Rabbits need to be able to move around multi-level cages safely without slipping or injuring themselves. Therefore, ramps that are non-slip and are not too steep are very important.
- Private nesting area: There will be times when your bunny will want to hideaway. In the wild, they would dive into their burrow but this is obviously not possible in a cage. Therefore, provide them with a comfortable and cozy nesting area where they can get some peace and quiet and sleep but still feel safe. You must be able to access this area for cleaning.
- Chew-proof design: Rabbits will chew! Therefore, very flimsy wood will not be strong enough because an adult rabbit will simply chew their way out of the cage. Wire also needs to be strong because rabbits have sharp teeth!
- Easy cleaning: Hygiene is important and you need to access all parts of the cage to keep it clean. Most hutches have several access points for easy cleaning – you can reach all corners of the cage.
- Weather-proof: If you are going to keep the hutch outside, it needs to have a water-proof roof. Indoor cages don’t need this design feature.
- Food and water: There must be somewhere for food and drink to be provided. Most cages have a place where a water bottle can be fitted. Spill-proof food trays will make less mess. An area to put fresh hay would also be useful and this can be located outside the cage if there is not much room inside.
- Father and son kneeling down next to a cage
Benefits of Bunny Cages:
If you have a rabbit, even if it is a house rabbit, you will need some form of bunny cage. Here are the reasons why you should get one.
There will be times when it is simply not safe for your rabbit to be wandering around your house or your garden. This could be because there are a lot of visitors and they risk getting trampled. It could be when the doors and gates are left open and they could escape. A cage will keep them securely locked away.
It is preferable for house rabbits and rabbits that live freely in your garden to be locked away overnight. You cannot supervise them when you are in bed and they could be nibbling things like electric cables that could cause them harm and be very inconvenient for you.
Sometimes rabbits like to get away from everyone and spend time alone. A cage with a covered nesting area gives them a place to do this.
Rabbits can be messy eaters. A cage with a spill-proof bowl is the perfect place to position their food bowl so that the rest of your house remains clean and tidy.
Some cages are small enough for you to push them around. You could even use the very small ones to take your pet to the vet or to transport them safely during a house move.
Ill rabbits may need to be separated from humans and other pets to prevent the spread of infection. A rabbit cage is an ideal way to do this.
Indoor Cage vs. Outdoor Hutch:
Rabbits thrive as indoor pets. Therefore, house rabbits are very happy to be part of the family and only require an indoor hutch where they will spend short periods of time. Most indoor rabbit cages are only used overnight so that you know that they are safe when you are in bed.
An indoor rabbit cage is often smaller and more compact – it does not have to be weather-proof. However, don’t forget that an indoor rabbit cage can get nibbled. Some rabbits bite their surroundings a lot so you may want to consider an indoor rabbit cage that can stand up to this.
If you choose to keep your rabbit outside, they will need a different type of hutch. It will need to be water-proof and insulated. There will need to be a waterproof covering such as asphalt on the roof to keep off the rain.
Also, the nesting box must be insulated so that it is warm in the winter and cold in the summer. Over-heating is more of a danger to bunnies than getting too cold.
What to Avoid When Buying a Rabbit Hutch:
There are several things that you should avoid when you are buying a rabbit hutch, here are the main ones.
- Hutches that are too small: Even if your bunny is only spending short periods in the hutch, it must be big enough for them to take three bunny hops.
- Hutches that are too low: Your rabbit must be able to stand up on their hind legs in the hutch. This is a natural position for a rabbit to have a good look around.
- Wire floors: Be very careful when buying a hutch with wire floors as it can damage your pet’s delicate feet.
- No weather-proofing: If you intend keeping the hutch outside, don’t buy a hutch that has no weather-proofing.
- Lack of a nesting area: There will be times when your rabbit needs to get away from everything to feel safe. They need a private nesting area to do this.
- Poor access: Some rabbit hutches have very poor access. This makes them very hard to clean out and will discourage you or your children from doing it which will lead to hygiene issues.
- Young rabbits popping out
Best Rabbit Cage FAQ:
Q: How much space does my rabbit need in the cage?
A: Rabbits need a lot of space so the bigger the cage the better. Ideally it should be at least six times the length of a stretched-out bunny. The more time your rabbit is going to be spending in their cage, the bigger it must be. If your bunny is only going to be shut in the cage at night when you are in bed, a hutch that allows three full bunny hops in every direction will be sufficient but it must also be tall enough to allow the rabbit to stand up on their hind legs.
Rabbits also need some sort of pen so that they can have more exercise daily. Many owners have found that dog pens are very useful for this. You could even hook two dog pens together. Many rabbit cages are compatible with extensions and runs that give your rabbit more room to exercise and play.
Q: Should I keep the doors locked or open?
A: Rabbit cages are designed to keep your rabbit securely locked in for short periods of time when you cannot supervise them. This prevents them from escaping and getting lost. It also prevents potential predators, that could do your pet harm, from getting inside the cage. Therefore, you should keep the cage locked.
However, there is an exception to this rule. If you place the cage in a larger run or use a play-area extension, you can leave the door open whilst your rabbit is getting exercise. Then you can lock them in again at night.
Q: What type of cage floor should I choose?
A: Rabbit cage floors can cause a lot of damage to a rabbit’s delicate feet. It is best if the cage has a solid or slatted plastic floor. If you do have to have a wire-bottomed floor, make sure that the spacing between the wires has been designed to suit a rabbit’s feet. If you choose a cage with an inappropriate floor, it is possible that your rabbit will get ulcers on the bottom of their feet.
Q: Should I go with a wired or wooden option? What’s the difference?
A: Both types of cages have advantages and disadvantages so before you choose the best indoor rabbit cage or outdoor hutch) think about where you want to put it and what the needs of your rabbit are.
When it comes to durability, a wire hutch will always be the best indoor rabbit cage option because it will stand up to a rabbit biting and chewing it. Rabbits are gentle and loving pets but they can incredibly destructive – especially when they are bored. Indoor rabbit cages made from wire and plastic will last longer.
They also have great visibility – you can see your pet in their indoor cage all the time. The ventilation is excellent and there will be no problems with mold growth.
However, if you prefer to have natural materials that look attractive and you want the indoor cage to have private areas where your rabbit can hide away, a wooden hutch will be one of the best indoor rabbit cages for you.
You can try to stop your indoor bunny from biting the cage by providing plenty of toys and other things for them to choose. On the whole, an indoor bunny cage made from wood is more attractive and very cute!
Q: Do rabbits like multi-level cages?
A: Rabbits are energetic little creatures who like to move around a lot. The best indoor rabbit cage will have space for different functions. A sleeping area, a feeding area and an area to rest in. Ramps are great for exercise and provide more space for rabbits to move around.
Make sure that the materials used in the ramps of your rabbit’s cage are suitable for an indoor small animal – it should not be slippery and should not be rough on your rabbit’s small feet.
Q: How often should I clean my bunny’s cage?
A: Cleanliness is very important for all animals and that includes rabbits. However, you do not have to clean the whole rabbit cage every day. An indoor bunny and an outdoor bunny can be trained to poop and pee in one place. Pet owners who achieve this, make life a lot easier on themselves!
Rabbit enclosures that have a plastic toilet tray stay clean and neat and only need a clean out every month or so. The removable tray should be cleaned out every day or so – as soon as there is a lot of poop and pee in it. However, if you have multiple rabbits in the same cage, you will need to clean the pull out tray every day.
Q: Should I cover a rabbit cage at night?
A: A standard rabbit cage is completely open and this gives your rabbit very little privacy. These metal or plastic cages may need to be covered at some times of the day to give your rabbit some peace. However, don’t forget to leave enough space for ventilation and make sure that your rabbit cannot grab the cover and drag it into their cage.
Outdoor hutches usually have a sleeping box but they may need to be covered in bad weather.
Our Top Pick:
Our top pick Living World Deluxe Small Animal Habitat it provides a cozy habitat for your little furry friend. It comprises a hard wire frame on a bottom base made of plastic. The enclosure provides safety, ventilation and comfort.
Within the cage there is a small balcony which is accessed via a ramp and for feeding there is a tip-proof dish that fixes to the balcony floor. Cleaning access is via the wire top which opens into two parts.
The wire front door provides another access point. There is a hidden space under the balcony. The rabbit cage comes with a drip-proof water bottle and hay guard. You will need to assemble the case yourself but this can be done in minutes and requires no tools.
Thanks for taking the time to read my Top Of The Line Rabbit Cages Review Guide For 2022-2023.