Top Of The Line Handheld Vacuum For Pet Hair Review Guide For 2022-2023
Top Of The Line Handheld Vacuum For Pet Hair Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Stick and canister vacuum cleaners may be powerful, but they’re not suitable for quick, targeted cleaning sessions – say if you need to remove some pet hair off of a piece of furniture, for example. So, what should you use for that kind of cleaning session?
Enter the best handheld vacuum for pet hair. Handheld cleaners are compact, lightweight, and easy to use, making them the ideal choice for small cleaning tasks. To see our picks keep reading our Top Of The Line Handheld Vacuum For Pet Hair Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Bissell 33A1 Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded Amazons Choice
Our runner up is the Bissell 33A1 – a vac cleaner that’s so cheap yet so powerful, making it an ideal choice for those on a budget.
The fact that this is a corded model shouldn’t be a deal breaker for most users as the cord is quite long, measuring 16 feet to be exact, which means that it offers a broad reach. Besides, the power that the 33A1 should make up for the corded design – when used reasonably, that is.
What does that mean, you ask?
It means that you should set your expectations right. This is an exceptionally affordable vacuum cleaner. It might not be the most powerful around, but it provides enough power to remove pet hair from fabrics and other soft surfaces.
That doesn’t mean that you can’t use the 33A1 to clean hard floors, though, as it sports a specialized rubber nozzle that attracts hair and pulls out dirt from stairs, upholstery, and such. It also comes with a suction nozzle that can be used to pick up dry messes like spilled dog food or cat litter.
Despite having a low price tag, the Bissell 33A1 manages to be one of the best handheld vacuum cleaners for pet hair thanks to its versatility and efficiency. We would highly recommend this model for anyone on a budget.
- Power rating: 4 amps
- Dustbin capacity: 0.78 liters
- Surface type: Upholstery, auto, stairs; Power rating: 4 amperes
- Filtration: multi layer filtration, the Bissell hand vac uses the cyclonic cleaning system
- 16 feet power cord. Cleans stairs, upholstery and hard surfaces. Dirt cup capacity: 0.78 litre
- Specialized rubber Nozzle attracts hair and pulls out dirt on areas such as stairs and upholstery
- Includes two specially designed nozzles
- Included components: Bissell – pet hair eraser; Bagless hand vac – black pearl
- Power source type: Corded electric
Shark WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum Amazons Choice
The Shark WANDVAC looks modern and sophisticated – and that’s exactly what it is from the inside. With a weight of 1.4 pounds that well distributed throughout the vac’s body, the WANDVAC gets our thumbs up as one of the best handheld vacuum cleaners for pet hair, but that’s not the only perk it offers.
Shark’s WANDVAC vacuum boats a slim design that allows it to clean even the hardest-to-reach spots in your house or car when using the Duster Crevice. The cleaner also comes with a Multi-Surface Tool, which can be used for all kinds of surfaces, from carpets to hard floors.
Considering that this is a cordless model, the included tools should be more than enough to cover all your house as well as your vehicle.
The filtration system used in this model is equally efficient, as it captures dust and large debris to extend the lifespan of the vacuum. Add that to the fact that emptying the dustbin is as easy as clicking a button, and you’ve got yourself a monster in terms of efficiency and convenience.
Although there is a lot to love in the Shark WANDVAC, we especially admire the sophisticated features it offers, which take the convenience to a whole new level. If you can shell out some extra cash for extra features, then this is one of the best handheld vacuum cleaners for pet hair that you can get today.
- Suction power: 115 watts
- POWERFUL CORDLESS SUCTION: High-speed, brushless motor delivers unbelievable suction power.
- ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT: At just 1.4 lbs., the hand vacuum is designed for maneuverability and easy cleaning.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN: Hand vacuum maintenance is simple with a detachable dust cup and easily removable filter housing.
- FILTRATION TECHNOLOGY: Filtration technology captures dust and large debris.
- ALWAYS CHARGING: Sleek charging dock designed for quick access and fast charging.
- ONE-TOUCH EMPTY: Empty debris with the single touch of a button—no getting your hands dirty.
- LED INDICATOR: LED light on control panel indicates charging status and remaining battery life.
BLACK+DECKER BDH2000PL MAX Lithium Pivot Vacuum Amazons Choice
Back to BLACK+DECKER with another excellent handheld vacuum that’s cheaper than the SMARTECH PET Vac. The BDH2000PL is lightweight, weighing only 3.8 pounds, and compact, measuring 18 x 6.88 x 6.75 inches, but what really makes the tool easy to carry and store is its intuitive pivoting nozzle. Not only does it make the device exceptionally compact, but it also allows it to get into hard-to-reach spaces.
For power, the BLACK+DECKER BDH2000PL uses a 20V MAX lithium-ion battery, which can keep the suction consistent and powerful throughout the cleaning session.
Two things we truly like in the BLACK+DECKER BDH2000PL – its price, and the pivoting nozzle that makes this unit as compact as vacuums can get. If you’re looking for quality without breaking the bank, this is one of the best handheld vacuum cleaners for pet hair that money can get you.
- Suction power: 35 air watts
- Dustbin capacity: 0.45 liters
- Dustbowl capacity 15 ounces; Lithium technology for strong suction and fade free power
- Exclusive pivoting nozzle means huge power in a compact size
- A high performance motor provides superior suction capability
- The cyclonic action spins dust and debris away from the filter keeping suction power strong
- 3 stage filtration system. Charge only at ambient temperatures between 50°F (10°C) and 104°F (40°C)
HoLife Handheld Vacuum Amazons #1 Best Seller
Another budget-friendly device, the HoLife Handheld Vacuum promises high performance and plenty of suction power at an affordable price that’s hard to resist.
The HoLife Handheld Vacuum packs a 2200mAh battery that can be charged in 4 to 5 hours to offer 30 minutes of runtime, which should be enough for any light cleaning task. Although 5 hours may seem like long charging time, it’s actually shorter than that of many higher-priced models, and it’s achieved thanks to the Quick Charge technology found in this model.
Performance-wise, the HoLife vac doesn’t disappoint. This unit can take care of all the pet hair around your house thanks to the efficient dual-stage cyclone system that guarantees up to 8Kpa of suction power. With that kind of performance, no pet hair will be able to stand against the HoLife Handheld Vacuum.
Another convenient feature that we like in the HoLife Handheld Vacuum is the indicator light that keeps the user informed of the battery level. The vac also comes with a storage bag that can be used to store it safely while not in use.
Convenient, affordable, and long-lasting after a full charge, the HoLife vac is undoubtedly one of the best handheld vacuum cleaners for pet hair you can get today.
- Suction power: 8Kpa
- Dustbin capacity: 0.6 liters
- 7KPA POWERFUL CYCLONIC SUCTION. Holife handheld vacuum with Max 100W(Rated 90W) powerful motor can provide a 7Kpa Strong cyclonic suction. Hand Vac can thoroughly clean dust, crumbs, pet hair, liquids for your carpets, offices, vehicles. Daily cleanups can be extremely simple.
- SUPER LONG RUNNING TIME. Equipped by 2200mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery and quick charge tech, Holife vacuum cleaner delivers up to 30 mins of continuous run time after 2-3 hours full charge. It can meet the need for deep cleaning dust from your kitchen, living room to bedroom
- PROFESSIONAL & EFFICIENT TOOL. Equipped 3 professional of attachments, Hand Vac can help you easily clean debris in tight corners & spaces with ease and hair or dirt on delicate surfaces & upholstery. Liquid nozzle for cleaning unexpected liquid spills effortlessly
- SUPERIOR & MULTIPLE PROTECTION. Holife vacuum motor and battery protection ensure vacuum use. When the hand vacuum cleaner overheats due to abnormal use, it will auto shut off until preventing motor burning out. After fully charged, the handheld vacuum will auto stop charging to avoid overcharging
- LIGHTWEIGHT & LONGER SERVICE LIFE. With lithium battery, Holife Handheld vacuum only 3.4 lbs and ergonomically designed which will help you escape from fatigue clean. Because of no memory effect, it’s lifetime will longer
Top Of The Line Handheld Vacuum For Pet Hair Buying Guide For 2022-2023
Handheld vacuum cleaners can be categorized according to two criteria:
Cordless vs. Corded:
The first thing that you need to consider when looking for the best handheld vacuum cleaner for pet hair is whether the unit is corded or cordless. With no cord attached, you’ll get more flexibility and better maneuverability, but you’ll usually have to sacrifice some power to reap the benefits of convenience. Also, cordless vacuum cleaners take several hours to charge to give the user less than half an hour of runtime, which may be a deal breaker for some consumers.
Corded models, on the other hand, offer plenty of suction power, giving them the upper hand when it comes to performance. The obvious downside here is that you’re going to be a bit limited when using a corded vac. Thankfully, most corded models come with long power cords these days.
Bagged vs. Bagless:
Bagless vacuum cleaners are taking the lead these days because of two reasons: first, they’re easy to empty and clean, and second, they don’t require any extra investment to get new bags every time. That said, many homeowners still believe that bagged models are superior because they’re more hygienic. Although there is truth behind such a claim, you needn’t really worry about the hygiene of bagless vacuums as long as they come with an efficient filtration system that can keep harmful particles away.
There isn’t a best and worst here, as it boils down to personal preference.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing A Handheld Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair:
When it’s finally time to pick the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair out of the recommended models, there are several factors that you should look out for, including:
The suction power is the pillar of vacuum cleaners, and handheld models are no exception. This is the factor that will determine how well the vac is going to remove pet hair from floors, carpets, and furniture.
To evaluate the suction power of a vacuum cleaner, all you have to do is check its air watt rating. If the unit offers more than 100 air watts, it should be more than enough for your occasional cleaning and pet hair removal tasks.
Size and Weight:
As handheld vacuum cleaners are designed to be carried around when you’re cleaning your house, they have to be lightweight and compact. Thankfully, all of the models that we reviewed above check both boxes, so you shouldn’t worry about the ease of use and dimensions regardless of which model you choose. They’re also well-balanced when it comes to weight distribution, which adds to the ease of use and convenience.
Another thing that you should factor in is how and where you intend to use the vacuum. If you’re planning to use the unit every day, you ought to go for the lightest model. On the other hand, if you only need the vacuum occasionally, then the size and weight shouldn’t really be on top of your list of priorities.
Runtime and Charging Time:
If you’re rolling with a cordless vacuum cleaner, there are two specs that you should consider: the runtime and the charging time.
Most models available today pack lithium-ion batteries, which offer enough runtime for quick cleaning sessions while taking only a few hours to recharge. These factors are especially crucial to consider if you’re always running on a tight schedule, as they make or break your experience.
The last thing you need when vacuuming your house is to have to empty the dust container several times during every cleaning session. Take a look at each model’s dustbin capacity and, depending on how much your pet sheds every day, determine whether it’s going to be enough to cover your needs.
As a general rule of thumb, you want to stick with vacuum cleaners with multi-layered filters, as they’re the safest to use, especially if you have asthma or suffer from allergies.
Although HEPA filtration is preferred, it isn’t a necessity, but you need to make sure that the filters in your vacuum cleaner are long-lasting, efficient, and, of course, easy to clean.
The attachments or tools of a vacuum cleaner as the parts that will allow it to take care of its intended job. Vacuum cleaners usually come with different accessories to deal with various scenarios. When looking for the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair, there are three tools that you need to look for:
Motorized brush, which picks up stubborn pet hair.
Crevice tool, which removes the nooks and crannies of pet fur.
Dusting brush, which can remove dust, dirt, and pet hair from delicate surfaces.
If you want to go the extra mile and grant yourself a higher level of convenience, you can shell out some extra bucks to get a vacuum cleaner that comes with additional add-ons, such as a wand or hose that can be used to clean hard-to-reach spots.
The price is a critical factor to consider when purchasing any device, not only the best handheld vacuum cleaner for pet hair. We made sure to review products from different price points so offer something for everyone. No matter your budget, you’ll find something you like and can afford on our list.
For occasional pet hair cleaning tasks, a handheld vacuum would do wonders without blowing a hole in your budget. To get the most out of your investment, you ought to get a model that balances the price, size, and features, such as the BLACK+DECKER BDH2000PL MAX Lithium Pivot Vacuum.
The Shark WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum gets the title of the overall best handheld vacuum cleaner for pet hair for a variety of reasons. Thanks for taking the time to read our Top Of The Line Handheld Vacuum For Pet Hair Review Guide For 2022-2023.