Top Of The Line Dog-Safe Peanut Butter Review Guide For This Year
Top Of The Line Dog-Safe Peanut Butter Review Guide For This Year – You probably know as well as I do that not everything is safe for your dogs to consume, even though they might enjoy its taste. One of such things is peanut butter. I’m not saying you can’t feed your pets some, you just have to be sure which best dog-safe peanut butter brand to feed to them.
This section talks about the best brands of peanut butter the market has to offer. We’ll show you the overall best option of peanut butter for your canines, the best choice when it comes to choosing a pocket-friendly option, as well as other brands that you should definitely know about. To find out even more keep reading our Top Of The Line Dog-Safe Peanut Butter Review Guide For This Year.
Teddie Smooth All Natural Peanut Butter
This brand has been in existence since 1925, little wonder why it ended up being our overall favorite choice for you. This particular spread is manufactured with peanuts organically grown in the US and comes in two sizes; 16oz and 26oz. It is non-GMO verified and gluten-free.
It is rich in taste and contains vitamins D & E as well as other important ingredients which are important for your dog’s nourishment. Made from only natural ingredients and with no added preservatives, this is probably the best option the US market has to offer you.
One significant thing about the Teddie Smooth Peanut butter is, it’s not only suitable for your dog because it’s also perfect for human consumption. It even has the salted and unsalted variants. Having this product in your shelf saves you from the stress of buying a separate peanut butter for your family’s consumption as well as your pet’s.
This is arguably one of the oldest peanut butter brands in the USA and is highly trusted by elite athletes, fitness fanatics, families and individuals alike. Plus, why have two or more different jars of peanut butter when you can have one that’s good enough for all purposes?
- It’s gluten-free and contains no GMO
- Contains no sugars or preservatives
- It’s made from real, organically-grown peanuts
- Proudly made in the USA using only USA grown peanuts
- Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan Friendly
- No preservatives or sugars added. One more thing: Oil separation occurs naturally in our peanut butter. Although you don’t need to refrigerate Teddie, to slow the oil separation just stir the jar contents, tighten the cap and then place it in the refrigerator.
- Family owned and operated since 1925
- Teddie is a true Natural peanut butter, NOT a peanut butter “spread”
Kong Real Peanut Butter Tube
If you’re on a budget, then you would love this option. With less than ten bucks, you can get your hands on at least one of these 5oz peanut butter spreads. This preservative-free brand of peanut butter is not only delicious but it contains essential oils that will benefit your furry friends.
Not only is this choice pocket friendly, it helps to maintain proper hygiene. You know how messy it can be while dealing with peanut butter, don’t you? With its tube-like design, Kong Real Peanut butter makes it easy for you to dispense just the right amount of peanut butter for your pet’s consumption without creating a mess.
Why we recommend – While purchasing this product, you get the chance to acquire a dog toy which actually compliments the use of the peanut butter itself. Which means your dog doesn’t only get a treat, but also the opportunity to have a new toy. Not to mention, it’s the cheapest choice you will find in the market today.
With the same price any other brand will cost, you can get more than one tube of this peanut butter and a dog toy to go with it. If that isn’t a win-win situation, I don’t know what is.
- Made with natural ingredients
- Comes in tube that reduces messiness
- Great for stuffing into pet toys
- Pack of 1
- Recommended for use with all KONG Classic and KONG Extreme dog toys
- All natural ingredients include roasted peanuts, sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oil to prevent separation and salt
- KONG Real Peanut Butter uses a formula that is virtually identical to peanut butter brands commonly found on grocery store shelves
- Simply insert the filling nozzle into the large hole of the KONG toy and squeeze
Bark Bistro Company Raw Peanut Butter
There are only two main ingredients in this brand of peanut butter; dry, roasted and unsalted peanuts as well as wildflower honey. Every ounce of this spread contains healthy fat, antioxidants, vitamins and proteins that can help your pooch.
This peanut butter from the Bark Bistro Company also comes in three other flavors namely; barkin’ banana, pumpkin pup and the flax’n fido. This gives a wide range of options for your best animal friend to choose from. You can never go wrong with this brand of peanut butter.
This brand gives you a variety of flavors for your dog to choose from and is an all-time favorite.
- It’s made with all natural ingredients
- Made in USA
- It serves as a source of energy boost
✔️ PAWSOME NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER 4 DOGS – RUFF RUFF RAW- Peanuts, Honey.
✔️ NO high fructose corn syrup, stabilizers, xylitol, artificial sugars or salt.
✔️ Refrigerate for thicker consistency.
✔️ MULTI-FUNCTIONAL – enjoy from spoon, lickmat, bake treats, make frozen treats, use as pill pocket to hide the taste of yucky medicine.
✔️ 17oz jar – MADE IN USA
Kong Stuff’N Easy Peanut Butter Treat
Just like the Kong Real Peanut Butter Tube, this product from the same manufacturer has a hassle-free characteristic. It comes in a container that has a nozzle which allows you use it without having to worry about creating a mess. And it’s best used together with a Kong dog toy.
This brand is made with quite a number of ingredients which include milk, soybean oil, whey, protein concentrates and many more other ingredients. Unlike the other brands in this list, this brand contains preservatives as well as artificial peanut butter flavor. That’s not to say the quality of its taste is any less.
This product can help you solve two problems at the same time. From purchasing this Kong product, you get a delicious treat as well as the opportunity to give your dog something to play with in its spare time.
- It contains artificial flavoring
- It contains a high calorie content
- Comes in a convenient packaging
- none at this time
Peanut Butter Filled Cow Hooves
You’re probably wondering, “cow hooves”? You’d be surprised how more beneficial those nasty-looking things can be to your dog. These bony hooves are gotten from well fed cows and have gone through proper processing to ensure they are consumption-safe. This masterpiece is made in USA and is every doggies dream come true.
The combination of a peanut butter and a piece of bone couldn’t be more appealing to your pet. After managing to lick every ounce of peanut butter in the hooves, your furry friend still has the bone to keep it occupied for hours. Another beneficial thing is, chewing on the bone helps maintain and improve your dog’s dental health.
Not only does this product keep your dog busy thereby allowing you free time to focus on other things, it keeps them satisfied and healthy as well. You also save yourself some money from trips to the vet because of dental issues.
- Natural white femur bone
- Long lasting
- Improves dental health
- Made in the USA: Our Peanut Butter Filled Cow Hooves for dogs are made right here in the United States of America to ensure the healthiest and safest possible dog chews. Our Midwest processing plant adheres to the strictest of quality assurance standards and sources free range, grass fed cattle. Additionally, our facilities are audited, inspected, and approved by outside 3rd party inspectors.
- High Quality – These filled dog treats are long-lasting, full-sized, and are a great alternative to rawhide. Before roasting each of our cow hoofs for dogs, we take the time to carefully trim and thoroughly clean them ensuring a premium low-odor product that your dog will love.
- Dog dental care is important. These hard dog dental chews help to remove and clean away harmful plaque and tartar leading to improvements in overall dental and gum health. Let your dog or puppy chew on these baked dental treats and watch your pet’s teeth sparkle. Our beefy hooves are the best and top rated for a reason!
- Bulk Pricing – If you’re worried about cost, we’ve got your back! We offer lots of pack sizes to help you save money. Buy our bulk cow hooves and your wallet will thank you. Generally we carry bulk dog chews in sizes of 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, and up. If you’ve got an even bigger order, shoot us a message and we’ll be happy to accommodate a lower price per hoof.
- Support a Small Business – Pawstruck is owned and operated right here in the USA. We’re a company made up of likeminded dog-lovers who passionately source and develop products we stand behind 100%. With a huge selection of Bully Sticks, Bones, Jerky, Yak Chews, Hip & Joint Supplements, and more, you’re sure to find something your dog will love. Rest assured, we never source any consumable product from China—only from countries you can trust.
Top Of The Line Dog-Safe Peanut Butter Buying Guide For This Year
Why you can’t feed just any type of peanut butter to your dog?
You should know by now that not all types of foods can be consumed by your pets. Just like how it’s unsafe to feed your dog chocolate, it’s also not advisable to whip out any brand of peanut butter to treat your dog with. And the reason for this can be summarized in one word – XYLITOL.
Xylitol is a common substance used as a substitute for sugar in a lot of edible food items. As a matter of fact, it’s meant to have significant dental benefits and also reduces the risk of diabetes in humans. It can be consumed by humans without worry but can be extremely dangerous when consumed by dogs. To explain how dangerous xylitol is to your dog, here’s a brief illustration.
Consuming as little as 1.5grams of xylitol can bring about a rapid reduction in a dog’s sugar level and cause symptoms that can lead to a seizure. If a dog weighing about 30 pounds consumes just 6.8grams of this substance, it can cause a severe damage to its liver cells. Whereas it will take the consumption of 150grams of chocolate to bring about a similar results in a dog’s system.
Things you need to know about peanut butter before feeding it to your dog:
You would agree with me that peanut butter tastes really good. Maybe not to you, but your dog definitely thinks it does and that’s why they can never get enough of it. But you need to know that as nourishing as it might be, too much of it could spell doom for your pooch. Not only does it contribute to the build-up of excess weight in developing dogs, it isn’t the best treat for elderly dogs and should be avoided altogether.
Some dogs are naturals prone to some diseases and feeding them peanut butter will be doing them more harm than good. Dogs like Collies, King Charles Spaniels, Yorkshire Terriers and Miniature Schnauzers are susceptible to pancreatitis and adding unnecessary weight could be detrimental to their well-being. If you’re unsure of what kind of diseases your dog could be prone to, you are advised to visit your vet for more information.
Now that you know the most important, there’s one more bit of information you might find helpful. If you have ever stored peanut butter before, I’m sure you would agree with me that it gets annoying when you open your jar and find the top layer laden with oil with the thick paste submerged below it. To reduce the occurrence of this, all you need to do is properly mix your jar of peanut butter before storage.
Is homemade peanut butter even an option?
Not a lot of people have ever considered this, maybe because it’s less stressful getting what you need off a shelf than actually making it yourself. Or maybe most people just don’t think it’s an option they can exploit because they never saw it as doable. But making peanut butter for your dog’s consumption can be really cheap and an overall fun experience.
One advantage about making your own peanut butter at home is, you know for a fact that all the ingredients used are totally organic. And you can also ensure that no preservatives are added to your mixture. This will cancel out any worries you would usually have about your dog having any kind of food poisoning. You can even get experimental with the process by adding other ingredients that could be beneficial to your furry pal.
Making homemade peanut butter is actually very simple. The only ingredient you really need is unsalted peanuts. You can decide to infuse some additional flavor by adding a bit of honey, sunflower oil and milk. You can as well add or substitute some of these extra ingredients with other nuts or fruits if you desire.
Delicious peanut butter takes less than 10 minutes to make and here’s how it’s done. Pour your unsalted peanuts into a food processor or high speed blender and process until you have attained the desired consistency. Add other ingredients as you deem fit…viola! You’re all done. Yes, it’s that easy.
No doubt about it, your dog loves peanut butter and you can’t have anything against that. I mean you’re reading this and you probably love peanut butter too. It’s only right for you to find the safest possible way to indulge your pet because it means a lot to you, right?
That’s why we have recommend our top pick here in this review guide. From its taste to its nutritional content, Teddie Smooth All Natural Peanut Butter has all that’s needed to satisfy your dog. Thanks for taking the time to read our Top Of The Line Dog-Safe Peanut Butter Review Guide For This Year.