Top Best Scope for 22-250 Rifle Review Guide For 2022-2023
Top Best Scope for 22-250 Rifle Review Guide For 2022-2023 – The 22-250 cartridge is one of the most popular varmint calibers on the market today. There is a good reason for that. The 22-250 is one of the fastest cartridges hunters and shooters can buy. When combined with the speed of this cartridge, the incredibly flat trajectory of the 22-250 makes it deadly for any varmint that dares to show itself even at long ranges. Check out the list below to learn more about what the best scope for 22-250 rifles is for your specific hunting and shooting needs. To see our picks keep reading our Top Best Scope for 22-250 Rifle Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Leupold VX-Freedom 4-12x40mm Riflescope
The Leupold VX-Freedom 4-12x40mm Riflescope is an excellent option for a 22-250 rifle. The magnification range is ideal for hunting varmints at a variety of different ranges which offers hunters plenty of versatility. Leupold’s Twilight Light Management system provides shooters with up to 80% less glare and 10 extra minutes of shooting light.
One area where the VX-Freedom really shines for varmint hunting is via its Tri-MOA reticle. This second focal plane reticle features 10 MOA of measurement in each direction. There are hash marks at every 1 MOA increment and the marks at the 5 MOA and 10 MOA intervals are wider/taller for easy reference. The top of the reticle is also free of hash marks for improved spotting ability.
- Absolute waterproof and fogproof integrity: ready for a lifetime in the field, in all conditions.
- Durable and compact, the one-inch main tube is lightweight and fits more legacy rings.
- Crafted from 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum.
- 4-12x Magnification; Tri-MOA Reticle
- Allows to see more in less light with Twilight Light Management System
Bushnell Engage 6-18x50mm Riflescope
The Bushnell Engage 6-18x50mm Riflescope offers budget minded 22-250 rifle owners a ton of great features. With an impressive magnification range and a large, 50mm objective lens, this scope provides an up close and bright sight picture which is ideal for varmint hunting of all kinds. The fully multi-coated optics provides anti-reflective capability for increased clarity and high resolution imaging.
The Engage 6-18x50mm scope has a reticle that works very well with the 22-250 round. With 1 MOA hash marks for both windage and elevation, correcting for shots of different ranges is a simple task. Varmints tend to pop up in unexpected places sometimes so the easy to use reticle will come in handy for many hunters. This scope also features turrets with toolless zero reset capability.
- Engineered to last and Backed by Bushnell ironclad Warranty
Monstrum Tactical 6-24×50 Rifle Scope
With an illuminated first focal plane (FFP) reticle, a flat dark earth color, and an impressive top level of magnification, even targets at 500+ yards will be dispatched quickly with the Monstrum Tactical 6-24×50 rifle scope. This scope comes with everything needed to turn a 22-250 rifle into a coyote killing machine. Picatinny mounting rails, a honeycomb sunshade, flip up lens covers, and a battery are all included in the box.
The illuminated rangefinder reticle is ideally optimized for the performance of the 22-250 round and for varmint hunting as a whole. The vertical hash marks come in 1 MOA increments which makes for precise elevation corrections while the horizontal hash marks are in 2 MOA increments. This allows you to easily lead quickly moving targets such as a running coyote or bobcat.
- High precision tactical rifle scope with 6-24x magnification, a 50mm objective lens, and an eye relief of 4-4.5 inches
- Functionally designed first focal plane rangefinder reticle, with easy-to-read ranging information that remains constant regardless of magnification, for faster range estimation and holdover correction
- Equipped with an adjustable objective lens – or AO – that allows for sharper focus of the target image, elimination of parallax, and range estimation
- Touch-button controlled reticle illumination in both red and green with multiple brightness intensities, for better reticle visibility at night or in low light in environments
- Package also includes set of high profile picatinny scope rings, a detachable honeycomb filter sunshade, a set of spring loaded flip-up lens covers, a lint free cleaning cloth, and one CR2032 3V battery
Vortex Optics Diamondback Tactical 4-16×44 Riflescope
The Diamondback Tactical 4-16×44 Riflescope from Vortex Optics is a great match for a variety of 22-250 rifles including AR-15 platforms and the Remington 700 bolt action. If you plan to do some coyote hunting in tough conditions, you can’t go wrong with the Diamondback Tactical. Nitrogen purged and O-ring sealed, this scope is 100% waterproof and fogproof. It will even perform at a high level in the cold and snow that coyote hunting is often done in.
Vortex Optics uses low dispersion glass and fully multi-coated lenses for a sharp and bright sight picture. With a side parallax knob and a fast focus eyepiece, your reticle will never be blurry at any zoom level. The FFP glass etched reticle will keep you precisely on target throughout the magnification range of the Diamondback Tactical.
- The Diamondback Tactical First Focal Plane 4-16×44 stands at the intersection of precision and value, delivering an impressive array of features and performance.
- Extra-low dispersion glass and fully multi-coated lenses transmit a crisp, bright sight picture. The first focal plane, glass-etched reticle keep subtensions accurate throughout the 4x zoom range.
- The precision-glide erector system uses premium components in the zoom lens to ensure smooth magnification changes under the harshest conditions.
- Exposed tactical turrets and a side parallax knob give shooters the tools needed for long distance precision shooting. The fast focus eyepiece allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- The single piece 30mm tube is shockproof, ruggedly built to withstand recoil and impacts. Strong o-ring seals and nitrogen purging guarantee waterproof and fogproof performance.
Nikon Prostaff P3 Predator Hunter Riflescope
When a scope’s name includes the word predator, you know it was designed to make coyote hunting and bobcat hunting easier. The Nikon Prostaff P3’s reticle, called the Predator BDC, was designed to provide a clear view of incoming targets and allow for easy leading of moving targets.
Aluminum caps on the Nikon Prostaff P3 Predator Hunter protect the spring-loaded instant zero reset turrets when you are in the field while still allowing for easy access to make precise ¼ MOA adjustments. Constructed with a one inch aircraft aluminum main tube, this scope is both waterproof and fogproof for reliability in even the toughest conditions.
- Fully Multicoated Optical System
- BDC PREDATOR Reticle
- Hand-Turn 1/4 MOA Adjustments and Spring-Loaded Instant Zero-Reset Turrets
- Rugged One-inch Aircraft Grade Aluminum Main Tube
- Aluminum Quick Focus Eyepiece and Generous, Consistent Eye Relief
Athlon Optics Argos BTR GEN2 6-24×50 Riflescope
If you are a long range hunter, look no further than the Argos BTR GEN2 from Athlon Optics. The 6-24x magnification range is more than enough to pull every bit of effective range out of the 22-250 round while the 50mm objective lens diameter lets in plenty of light for day time hunts. The Argos BTR GEN2 is also a top performer in low light conditions with an illuminated reticle.
The tactical turrets on the Argos feature extremely precise 0.1 MIL click adjustments to make sure you are right on target. The turrets also feature an impressive precision zero stop system that can be operated with confidence even in complete darkness.
- 0.1 MIL Click Value, 18 MIL Total Adjustment, 10 yards to infinity Parallax adjustment
- First focal plane reticle stays valid at all power settings allowing you to fully utilize the specially designed reticle that shrinks or grows along with your target as you zoom in or out.
- Fully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses
- Precision Zero Stop system allows you to lock down your zero position and dial back to it with a sharp and precise stop right at your zero mark even you are turning it in pitch-dark or blinded folded.
- Waterproof to protect the scope in the harshest weather conditions or if accidentally submerged underwater
- Sport type: Hunting
- Included components: Instruction Manual
UTG 4-16X50 1″ Hunter Scope
Once all the features are taken into consideration, it is hard to beat UTG 4-16×50 1” Hunter Scope for the money. Built with extreme durability in mind, this scope is completely sealed and filled with nitrogen making it completely waterproof, rainproof, and fogproof. Varmints don’t wait for good weather to go on the prowl and any hunter equipped with the Hunter from UTG won’t have to either.
This scope’s illuminated reticle can be completely customized to each hunter’s preferences with up to 36 different reticle color options. This scope includes a sunshade as well as Picatinny mounting rings and features parallax adjustment for a clear sight image at any range.
- Best Features Designed for Varmint/Predator Hunting, Completely Sealed and Nitrogen Filled, Shockproof, Fog proof and Rainproof, 1-Inch Tube
- EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing (IE) System with Dual-Color Mode and 36-Color Multi-Color Mode to Accommodate All Weather/Light Conditions
- Premium Zero Locking and Zero Resetting Target Turrets with Most Consistent and Precise 1/4 MOA per Click Windage/Elevation Adjustment
- Emerald Coated Lenses for Maximum Light Transmission, Mil-dot Range Estimating Reticle for Most Optimal Aiming and Shooting Performance
- Parallax Adjustable from 5 Yds. o Infinity, Complete with Picatinny/Weaver Rings, 3″ Sunshade and Flip-open Lens Caps
S2Delta Low Power Variable Optic (LVPO) Carbine Scope
Not all varmint hunting is done at long range and a ton of magnification is not always needed. The S2Delta LVPO Carbine Scope is a great option for hunters that prefer to call their quarry in close. With 1-4x magnification, this scope provides just enough zoom to easily take shots in the 200-300 yard range and closer.
Completely waterproof and fogproof, the LVPO Carbine scope features an illuminated reticle, long eye relief for rapid target acquisition, and capped ½ MOA turrets.
- RUGGED: Manufactured with 6061 Aircraft Aluminum Finish Hard Black Anodization, and Waterproof-Fogproof-Nitrogen Filled. 30mm Tube Diameter with a One-Piece Tube Material
- CAPPED 1/2 MOA TURRETS: Designed to Easily Zero for Distance and Windage, Then Caps Secure Your Turrets in Place After Adjustment
- ILLUMINATED BDC RETICLE: Illumination with Brightness Settings, BDC Calibrated for 5.56mm
- QUICKLY ACQUIRE TARGETS: This Scope has a Long Eye Relief Fast Focus Eyepiece with a Second Focal Plane Reticle
- Lifetime Warranty: We pledge to fix or replace your scope as long as you own it
Burris Optics Fullfield E1 Scope
The Fullfield E1 scope from Burris Optics is another excellent budget option for 22-250 rifles. The classic design, slim profile, and matte black finish help this scope to look great on top of any rifle. Looks aside, the Fullfield E1 still offers high end performance for the money.
The cascading reticle allows for easy holdover and windage corrections when taking shots in the field and the posi-lock system locks your adjusted zero into place. This scope provides the confidence to take tough shots in the field no matter what the conditions are.
- Posi-Lock is a coil-spring assisted retractable steel post that firmly and & securely locks accuracy into place.
- Purged at least 24 times with high quality, laboratory grade dry nitrogen. Each nitrogen cycle absorbs airborne and residual surface moisture that is evacuated from the scope
- Specially made quad seals to provide double insurance against leakage Recoil, water and fogproof tested
ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope
The ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Riflescope is the perfect option for the hunter enthusiastic about technology. With an array of features a normal scope can only dream about, the ATN X-Sight brings your hunt firmly into the 21st century. With a built-in ballistics calculator, on-board video recording capability, and night vision mode, this scope really packs in the features.
The 3-14x magnification range aligns ideally with the 22-250 round and the night vision mode allows you to be in the field when predators are most active. The X-Sight can be used for 18+ consecutive hours and operates in temperatures as low as negative 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ultra HD Sensor – Ultra HD 4K Sensor with our Obsidian 4 Dual Core Processor brings you cutting edge technology with higher resolution, faster optics, and millions of vivid colors
- Ballistic Calculator – Hunt responsibly by making sure your shot hits the target Each and Every time. Range, Wind, Multiple-Weapon Profile, Angle to target, Temperature, Humidity, Plus more. Helps you determine exact ballistics for expert long-range shots
- Dual Stream Video Recording – You asked and we listened X-Sight 4K PRO not only Streams Video to your mobile device at HD resolution and can simultaneously Record to the SD card inside
- Night Vision Mode – The X-Sight 4K PRO offers an Enhanced HD Night Vision Mode. Don’t let the darkness slow you down
- Ultra Low Power Profile – No more worries about your batteries dying in the field. At 18+ hours of Continuous operation the X-Sight 4K will last as long as you do.Operating Temperature:-20°F to +120°F / -28°C to 48°C
- RAV (Recoil Activated Video) – takes care of all your worries. Just relax and focus on your game and let the Obsidian Core do the heavy lifting. This scope will automatically start to record a video before and after you take a shot
Top Best Scope for 22-250 Rifle Buyers Guide For 2022-2023
Understanding 22-250 Cartridge
There are four things that combine to help make the 22-250 one of the best varmint cartridges available today.
As was already mentioned above, the 22-250 is incredibly fast. Although it is not the fastest round out there, there are not many rounds that out pace it. Several companies produce 22-250 ammunition that achieve velocities of over 4000 FPS. However, for the sake of this article, let’s take a closer look at the Remington HTP Copper 22-250 loads which is a good example of the performance of many common 22-250 loads.
The 22-250 maintains its speed well even at the 500 yard range. Speed in a round is ideal for varmint hunting because of the quick movements and skittish nature of many varmints. When they do present you with a shot, it usually isn’t for very long.
A rifle cartridge with a flat trajectory is another important factor for a varmint round. A flat trajectory means that the bullet does not drop significantly down range. This is ideal for varmint hunting due to the small size of many varmints.
A cartridge with a flat trajectory allows for consistent and precise accuracy on small targets such as groundhogs and prairie dogs. It also allows for ethical kills on varmints with small kill zones such as the coyote.
The amount of energy a bullet delivers at different ranges is very important for an ethical kill. If a bullet doesn’t have enough energy when it reaches its target, there is a larger chance of only wounding the varmint. Any hunter worth their salt wants to make a clean and ethical kill on any game animal they are targeting. The 22-250 maintains enough energy to quickly kill a coyote even at the 500 yard mark.
The energy retained by the 22-250 at long range makes it an excellent choice for varmint hunting. Whether you are hunting a prairie dog colony 300 yards out or targeting elusive coyotes on the plains at 400+ yards, the 22-250 round will serve you well.
The 22-250 also features very low recoil for its performance. While this may not be important to every hunter or shooter, it is a nice additional perk to using this round. High volume shooting trips at the range and during varmint hunts won’t lead to any regret or pain the following day with the 22-250. Low recoil also allows for much quicker follow up shots on target because you can stay in your aiming hold and keep your scope pointing down range without resetting your position.
This isn’t to say that the 22-250 isn’t without its flaws. There is no perfect rifle round. It really comes down to the specific needs of a hunter or shooter and what they want to be able to accomplish. That being said, the 22-250 is an excellent option for many and is a round that benefits greatly from a high quality scope. Keep reading for help with picking out the best scope for 22-250 rifles.
The 22-250 round is fast, shoots flat, and provides plenty of energy down range to dispatch even the wiliest of coyotes and other varmints. For hunters who use the 22-250, a high quality scope is vitally important. Even the most accurate rifle round is only as useful as the scope being used to shoot it. Use the list above to find the best scope for 22-250 rifles that matches up with your specific needs. Thanks for reading our Top Best Scope for 22-250 Rifle Review Guide For 2022-2023