The Most Popular UVB Bulb For Bearded Dragon Review Plus Buying Guide in 2023-2024
The Most Popular UVB Bulb For Bearded Dragon Review Plus Buying Guide in 2023-2024 – UVB light is essential for the maintenance of good health in many reptile species and this includes the Bearded Dragon.
You therefore need to invest in a UVB bulb for Bearded Dragon tanks and terrarium. In their natural habitat, they would spend many hours basking in the full glare of the sun and would benefit from both the heat and the UVB.
When you keep this type of animal in captivity, it is essential that you provide sufficient UVB to keep them healthy.
Bearded dragons need UVB to produce Vitamin D3 and this, in turn, is essential for them to absorb and use the calcium in their diet. Without UVB, they can get a variety of metabolic bone diseases which result in weak bones, pain, distress and deformities.
It can also result in an impaired immune system and low mood. You need to choose a bearded dragon UVB light fixture that suits your pet and your terrarium. To help you choose the right one, we have prepared this useful guide to buying the best UVB bulb for Bearded Dragon health and welfare.
To find out more keep reading The Most Popular UVB Bulb For Bearded Dragon Review Plus Buying Guide in 2023-2024.
LUCKY HERP UVA UVB Reptile Light Amazon’s Choice
This reptile UVB 10 bulb fits into any standard E26 US lamp socket and is made from high quality glass. The closer the lamp is, the more intense the UVB light. For example, at 4 inches from a 23W bulb, the UVB intensity is 155uW/cm3.
You can expect the lamp to last for 8,000 hours of continuous use and it delivers 10% UVB and 30% UVA output. There is no harmful UVC output for you to worry about.
The UVB rate is constant and has very little fade. It can help to avoid limb weaknesses and deformities in desert-dwelling reptiles including the bearded dragon and the tortoise. Other options are available that deliver 5% UVB and are 15Watts.
- Fits into any standard E26 US lamp socket
- Lasts for 8,000 hours of continuous use
- Delivers 10% UVB and 30% UVA output
- No harmful UVC output
Brand: Lucky Herp
Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Reptile uvb 10.0 bulb, ideal for all desert dwelling reptiles, such as bearded dragon, tortoise and other lizards.
- Perfect desert uvb reptile light: 10% UVB and 30% UVA output.No harmful UVC output.
- Special glass tube made by machine, stable UVB output and fading rate of UVB is low.
- Our uvb 10.0 reptile light is useful for reptiles to produce Vitamin D3 and calcium
- E26 socket(standard US size),can be used directly
- No special fitting required
- Long lasting
- Very little UVB fade
- Several different options
- Long bulb – may not suit all fittings
- Does not emit heat
Evergreen Pet Supplies UVB Bulb For Bearded Dragon
This 100 Watt bulb is a powerful source of heat as well as UVA light, UVB light and visible light. Because it is self-ballasted, the electricity flow is controlled and it can be used just like a regular bulb; it does not give off UVC which is harmful.
It is a mercury vapor bulb that can be used for many types of reptiles including the Bearded Dragon. Your pet will get warmth and daylight which is important for their health. This bulb will fit into most enclosures, vivarium, terrarium, tanks and vision cages.
Each bulb has been tested thoroughly before dispatch and has a long life span. Because this is a Bearded Dragon heat lamp as well as a Bearded Dragon UVB light, it should be used in a standard US ceramic socket with a deep dome that has been designed for large bulbs that have a high-wattage. It cannot be used with dimmer switches or rheostats.
- 100 Watt bulb
- Self-ballasted – no UVC
- Provides heat, UVA light, UVB light and visible light
- Fits into a standard US ceramic socket
- Brand: Evergreen Pet Supplies
- Weight: 8 ounces
- Ideal Daylight Bulb For Your Critter: A Powerful source of heat and UVA / UVB / visible light – completely self-ballasted (no harmful UVC). Our mercury vapor bulb provides animals warmth & vitamin production necessary for health – just like daylight
- Ideal For A Wide Variety Of Reptiles And Amphibians: Our UVA UVB reptile light is ideal for bearded dragons, tortoises, turtles, geckos, snakes (pythons, boas, etc.), iguanas, lizards, chameleons, frogs, toads & more. An excellent reptile bulb!
- Compatible With Virtually All Enclosures: Our large UVA UVB bulb is compatible with a variety of enclosures, including vivariums, tanks, terrariums, vision cages, and more. Great for those in need of reptile UVB light and UVB bulbs (light for reptiles)
- Tested For Quality And Lifespan: We conduct a 3-step test on each 100 watt amphibian / reptile light to ensure proper working condition.
- Usage directions included. Use with a good-quality ceramic socket (standard US size) & a large/deep dome designed for large, high-wattage bulbs. Not to be used with dimmers/rheostats. Experiment w/ distance from cage to achieve desired temperature. Please Check Pictures For Sizing To Ensure The Bulb Is Not Too Large For Your Fixture.
- Keeps the basking area nice and warm without being too close
- Very bright
- Long lasting
- Fits into a standard light fitting – no extra electrical equipment needed
- Can get broken in transit but company happy to replace if it does
- May not be powerful enough for very large tanks
MyComfyPets UVB And UVA 2-In-1 Heat Lamp Amazon’s Choice
This 100 Watt reptile mercury heat lamp bulb will deliver all the valuable UVA and UVB that your pet needs as well as keeping them warm. It is self-ballasted and does not emit harmful UVC radiation.
The bulb of this Bearded Dragon lamp produces light and heat but has integrated thermal protection so it will not overheat. It is self-starting and has no control gear so it will fit into a standard E26 light fitting.
You can use it for all sorts of reptiles including Bearded Dragons and lizards and suits all types of terrarium and aviaries. You’ll get a lifespan of 10,000 hours but it cannot be used with a dimmer switch and should never be sprayed with water.
- 100 Watt reptile mercury heat lamp bulb
- Self-ballasted and does not emit harmful UVC
- Integrated thermal protection
- Lifespan of 10,000 hours
- Brand: MyComfyPets
- Model: UVB400
- Weight: 8.2 ounces
- 100 watt heat lamp bulb to keep your favorite reptile species basking in healthy UVA and UVB rays
- Self ballasted mercury vapor bulb self regulates and does not output damaging UVC radiation
- Helps appetite, activity, beautiful colors, and allows calcium absorption through vitamin D3 production. Also needed to prevent metabolic bone disease.
- Works for turtles, bearded dragons, lizards, reptiles, birds, terrariums, and aviaries.
- 10,000 Hour Lifespan
- Switches off when it gets too hot
- Surprisingly hardy
- No odor
- Very quiet
- Will not work with a dimmer
- Sometimes does not turn back on automatically
Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 UVB Mini Compact Fluorescent
This 13 Watt compact mini fluorescent tube delivers 10% UVB and 30% UVA. It is suitable for small and medium sized tanks and will suit all basking reptiles and desert reptiles. It has a screw fixing and gives off a little visible light but no heat.
The bulb is made from UVB transmitting quartz glass so it delivers maximum UVB penetration. They can be fitted in vertically or horizontally.
- Delivers 10% UVB and 30% UVA
- Suits all basking reptiles
- Screw fixing
- Can be fitted in vertically or horizontally
- Brand: Zoo Med
- Model: FS-C10M
- Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Perfect for all desert and basking reptiles
- 10% UVB output& 30% UVA output
- Uses a special UVB transmitting quartz glass for maximum UVB penetration
- Can be oriented either vertically or horizontally
- Very compact
- Long lasting
- Great value
- Produces little visible light
- Produces no heat
Zoo Med Desert UVB & Heat Reptile Lighting Kit
Everything you need to provide heat and valuable UVB rays for your Bearded Dragon. The kit contains a deep dome lamp fixture that provides dual ceramic sockets that each support up to 160 Watts. The on/off switch is dual to give you maximum control.
There are two lamp bulbs in this kit. The first is a 75 Watt spot lamp for basking which has a double reflector so that 35% more heat is reflected out in a concentrated beam of warmth. The glass is blue to enhance heat transfer and it has a long burn life.
The second is a 10.0 UVB 13 Watts fluorescent bulb which is compact but will deliver all the UVB and UVA that your Bearded Dragon needs. This kit is just right for smaller terrarium desert species.
- Terrarium kit
- Two lamps provide heat and UVA/UVB
- Heat lamp with double reflector
- 10.0 UVB 13 watts fluorescent bulb
- Brand: Zoo Med
- Model: LF31
- Weight: 2.15 pounds
- Complete lighting kit for “desert” species
- Mini combo deep dome lamp fixture
- Repti Basking Spot Lamp 75 watts
- Repti Sun 10.0 mini compact fluorescent lamp 13 watts
- Cheaper than buying separate lamps
- Easy to set up
- Switches are convenient
- Comes with bulbs included
- UVB output is not that high
- Would not suit a very large tank
Zoo Med T8 ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Fluorescent Lamp
This 24 inch, 20 Watts lamp for reptiles delivers 10% UVB together with 30% UVA to keep your Bearded Dragon free from the metabolic diseases that can result from a lack of natural light.
This product is most suitable for larger terrariums where you need at least 12 inches of UVB penetration. This lamp can also be used above a screen cover which can often filter out a lot of valuable UVB wavelengths.
- 24 inch lamp
- Delivers 10% UVB and 30% UVA
- Suitable for larger terrarium
- Can be used above screen covers
- Brand: Zoo Med
- Model: OS24
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
- 10% UVB
- 30% UVA
- prevent or reverse metabolic bone disease
- Optimal for use with larger terrariums
- Does not cause eye problems
- Does not flicker
- Delivered very well packaged
- Perfect for larger tanks
- Does not produce heat
- Needs to be replaced every six months
Mega-Ray Mercury Vapor Bulb
A special terrarium lamp that is a 160 watt product and has been shown to produce a comparable amount of UVB to natural sunlight.
It also produces enough heat to create a useful basking spot. It is important that you set it up so that the specified distances can be maintained in order for your Bearded Dragon to get the maximum benefits whilst remaining safe.
The top-of-the-range technology used in the mercury vapor bulb delivers both UVB and UVA radiation with less decay rates than recorded in mercury vapor lamps. The decay rates are recorded as less than 30% when measured over the entire life of the bulb.
- 160 watt SB Par-38
- Mercury vapor bulb
- Delivers UVA, UVB and heat
- Brand: Mega-Ray Pet Care
- Weight: 8 ounces
- ✅ A Best UV Mercury Vapor Bulb➤ Our UV/UVB reptile light mercury vapor bulb with carefully tuned peaks to ensure appetite, activity, brilliant colors, and optimal calcium absorption through Vitamin d3 production. It provides the proper balance of light, visual light, and infrared light.
- ✅ Perfect for Amphibians and Reptiles➤ Mercury vapor UVB reptile light/reptile bulb is perfectly suitable for many kinds of amphibians and reptiles, for example, tortoises, bearded dragons, turtles, snakes, iguanas, lizards, frogs, toads, and some birds & more heat (heat bulb).
- ✅ Uva+uvb Bulb/uv Light➤ It is a self-ballasted mercury vapor bulb simulates sunlight, it provides the radiation of the sun for reptiles. This is an excellent source of heat and light for UV and basking bulbs. Simulate UVA UVB UV light bulb promotes a reptile appetite. It can improve the problems caused by calcium deficiency for reptiles.
- ✅ 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed➤ In the Reptile light bulb or Mercury Vapor Bulb goes wrong or you will face any issue, we will always be there with you and we will solve your issue urgently. Now feel free, add to the cart.
- Reptiles do very well under the lamp
- Long lasting
- Uses little power
- 160 Watt version great for larger tanks
- More expensive than some other products
- Light goes out when you bang the bulb
Zoo Med T8 ReptiSun 5.0 UVB Fluorescent Reptile Lamp
An award winning lamp for your Bearded Dragon that will deliver valuable UVB to keep them happy and healthy. It provides 5% UVB output which prevents some of the major health problems that the species can suffer due to a lack of vitamins.
It also helps to stimulate the appetite and promote general well-being as well as helping your pet psychologically. It uses an 18 inch 15 watts T8 bulb.
- Delivers valuable UVB
- Aids vitamin production
- Promotes general well-being
- 15 Watts bulb
- Brand: Zoo Med
- Model: FS18
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Contains the highest amounts of both UVB and UVA wavelengths
- UVA wavelength increases appetite and physical activity
- Safer than adding powdered or liquid synthetic D3 supplements
- Wavelength penetrates a full 10-12 from the bulb’s surface
- The bulb’s UVA/UVB wavelength remains effective for 1 to 1-1/2 years
- Keeps reptiles active and happy
- Excellent value
- Plenty of UVB output
- Prevents health problems
- Needs changing quite frequently
- Just the bulb is provided – fitting is purchased separately
REPTI ZOO Sun Basking Terrarium Lamp Amazon’s Choice
This self-ballasted 160 Watts mercury vapor bulb delivers all the goodness of natural sunlight to keep your bearded dragon happy and healthy. It has been shown to provide a mix of UVA and UVB as well as visual light and heat (infrared light) but all you need is the one bulb.
It is easy to install and long lasting and just right for Bearded Dragons as well as other reptiles including iguanas and lizards as well as spiders and any other pets who like to sunbathe and require heat and UV light to stay healthy.
The full spectrum beam of light provides the daily requirement for UVB for your pet when they are a distance of 12 inches away from it. Because it is self-ballasted, it requires no fiddly external ballast and even has a built-in thermal protection so it will not overheat.
- 160 Watts mercury vapor bulb
- Provides a mix of UVA and UVB
- Delivers heat
- Brand: REPTI ZOO
- Model: P125160
- Weight: 9.9 ounces
- The UVA + UVB Sun Basking Spot Lamp Provides the necessary radiation of the sun for reptiles (visible light, heat, UVA and UVB)
- UVA provides the warmth which cold-blooded animals are used to in nature; UVB production of Vitamin D3 to maintain healthy skin and bones for your reptile
- The UVA UVB reptile light Self-Ballasted, no external ballast required, with integrated thermal protection against overheating
- Package Included:1 x REPTI ZOO Reptile UVA + UVB Sun Lamp
- If you have any question about our UVA + UVB Sun Lamp, please contact us, we will reply and help you in 24 hours
- Powerful – 160 Watts
- Provides heat and UV in the same bulb
- No need for additional ballast
- Turns off when it gets too hot
- Just the bulb – you need to buy the fitting separately
- Base of the bulb gets very hot when in use
Reptile UVA UVB Mercury Vapor Bulb
By using this single mercury vapor lamp, you can achieve optimal levels of both UVA and UVB for your reptiles and maintain their health and well-being. Your pet will get all the benefits of natural sunlight without being outdoors – this helps them to make vitamin D3.
Because the bulb is self-ballasted, no external ballast will be needed. This 100Watt bulb delivers a concentration of 50 uW/cm2 at a distance of 30cm. As well as UV light it also delivers heat. The lamp lasts for around 6000 hours and can be coated or clear.
- Mercury vapor lamp
- Provides UVA and UVB
- Delivers heat
- Brand: Lucky Herp
- Weight: 3.21
- Optimal levels of UVB, UVA, visual light and heat in one bulb
- Provides the benefits of natural sunlight
- Promotes the synthesis of vitamin D3
- Self-Ballasted,no external ballast required
- Average life 6,000 hours,six-month warranty provided
- No additional heat lamp needed
- Optimal levels of UVA and UVB
- Requires no external ballast
- Lasts for 6000 hours
- Will not work with a dimmer switch
- Not as long lasting as some other products
TEKIZOO UVA UVB Sun Lamp High Intensity
All the light sources your reptile could need will be provided by this one lamp. There will be visible light, heat, UVA and UVB at the levels that suit your pet.
This will keep them happy and healthy. It is suitable for many reptiles and amphibians including bearded dragons, turtles, geckos, chameleons and iguanas.
This versatile lamp is compatible with all sorts of enclosures including vivariums and terrariums. They have been thoroughly tested and work best with a good quality ceramic socket.
- All-in-one light and heat lamp
- Perfect UV levels for reptiles
- Suitable for many vivariums and terrariums
- Perfect for ceramic sockets
- Brand: Tekizoo
- Weight: 7.05 ounces
- ALL IN ONE – By providing UVA UVB heat and visible light from one bulb,the Tekizoo sun lamp could provide many of the known benefits of natural sunlight to captive reptiles.This helps the production of Vitamin D3 for reptiles and keep them healthy.
- PERFECTLY SUITABLE FOR MANY KINDS OF AMPHIBIANS AND REPTILES – Our UVA UVB reptile super sun basking lamp is suitable for reptiles and amphibians such as :bearded dragons, tortoises,turtles,anole,day gecko,chameleon,uromastyx,iguanas, lizards, chameleons and more.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL ENCLOSURES – Our Super Sun UVA UVB bulb is compatible with a variety of enclosures, including tanks, vivariums,terrariums, vision cages, and more. This lamp will make sure the effective supply of the vital UVA and UVB light as the reptiles would have in nature.Please check sizing pictures to ensure the lamp is not too large for your fixture.
- PREMIUM QUALITY LAMP – Each of our reptile bulb is strictly tested before packaging in order to ensure their best working condition.
- SAFETY USAGE DIRECTION – Suggest use a good quality ceramic socket.This lamp is for reptiles/amphibians keeping only.Do not be used with a dimmer/thermostat/rheostat.Do not splash water on the lamp.Keep a proper distance from your reptiles when using.
- You only need this one lamp
- Very versatile – suits lots of enclosures
- Stable UV output for safety
- Helps maintain vitamin D3 levels
- Cannot be mounted at an angle
- Cannot be used with a dimmer
Zilla Tropical T8 Light Fixture
A convenient and lightweight way to provide UVB light for your pet, this light fixture will fit into small spaces. It provides high quality fluorescent lighting and is supplied with a 50 watt UVB bulb. It looks just like natural daylight and provides valuable UVB for calcium absorption.
It features energy-efficient electronic ballast and turns on immediately with no flickering. It’s available in 24 inch and 36 inch sizes.
- Fluorescent light
- Takes up little space
- Includes a 50 w bulb
- Energy-efficient electronic ballast
- 15 Watt desert 50 Uvb T8 fluorescent bulb included
- Fulfills photo-biological requirement of desert reptiles
- Pre-assembled and ready to use
- No flicker start
- Energy efficient electronic ballast for instant-on
- Simulates natural sunlight
- Provides valuable UVB
- Includes a bulb
- Takes up little space
- Looks like daylight
- Bulb supplied is quite dim
- Does not provide heat
CTKcom UVA UVB Light Bulb Reptile Ceramic Heat Lamp
An adjustable reptile lamp with a strong clip that attaches to your enclosure. The brightness and temperature can be adjusted and there is a handy on-off switch. The ceramic socket can be used with a range of bulbs that provide heat, light or UV.
You can use it for reptiles, birds and small animals. The flexible lamp can be positioned to shine light in any direction around 360 degrees. It can be used with high temperature bulbs.
- Fully adjustable
- On- off switch
- Can be used with a range of bulbs
- Suitable for high temperature bulbs
- Brand: CTKcom
- Weight: 1.06
- High quality: Dimension:11×7.5x41cm.Wire Length: 140cm.Max Power:150W. A professional clamp lamp fixture. Ceramic lamp, metal lamp, anti-hot, long service life.
- Design: Strong stability clip design,360 Degree Adjustable Heat Lamps Holder Stand with clip design which with strong stability. Independent ON/OFF Switch, can freely adjust the brightness and temperature of the lamp, safe and energy saving.
- Widely use: Use in a variety of way! Perfect for Reptiles, Amphibians and Small Animals such us Turtles, Lizard, Snake, Spider, Rabbits, Hedgehog, Birds, Hamsters, Chicken Coops and so on. They will all enjoy the warmth without the light.
- Ceramic socket can be used with light bulb, heater, UV lamp, infrared emitter etc.
- High temperature plastic lamp holder.E26/E27 socket which is the most common light socket you see in your home. Convenient and Durable.
- Can be positioned accurately
- Ceramic socket to withstand heat
- Can be used to provide heat or UV
- On-off switch
- No bulb included
- Clamp is not that sturdy
The Most Popular UVB Bulb For Bearded Dragon Buying Guide in 2023-2024
What to Consider When Buying an UVB Bulb for Bearded Dragon:
There is a lot of technical information online about UVB bulbs and the features that you should look out for. It can be confusing, especially if you are an inexperienced reptile owner.
It is important that you get accurate advice from a vet or from an experienced breeder before you take on a Bearded Dragon. Here are some of the things that they may suggest that you consider when you are purchasing a UVB bulb.
Type of bulb:
There are several different types of Bearded Dragon bulbs and they all have different features. Fluorescent tube bulbs are very widely used and are quite cheap.
However, it has be a special bulb designed for use with reptiles, a household fluorescent tube will not work as it does not produce UVB. They also have to be very close to the pet to work so they may not suit large tanks and they need to be replaced every six months.
The compact fluorescent bulbs are smaller in size and have a high UV output. Mercury vapor bulbs cost more but provide longer term radiation output and do not need to be replaced so frequently. They produce both light and heat and, because they are so powerful, they can be placed at a distance from your Bearded Dragon but will still be effective.
Does it come with a fitting?
Sometimes just the bulb is delivered but at other times you get both the lamp and the bulb together in a Bearded Dragon UVB light fixture. If you already have a fitting, you must ensure that it is compatible with the bulb that you are planning on buying. In general, if you have a larger tank, you will need a more powerful bulb so check out how many watts of power it delivers.
Does it also provide heat?
Most reptiles need a source of heat and a source of UV light. Some bulbs can do both. Some fittings have a space for a UV bulb and a heat bulb. It is convenient to have them both in one bulb/fitting.
However, think about the distance that your Bearded Dragon will be from the bulb. Is it optimum for both heat and UV? You may need a thermometer and a UV monitor to check this out.
How often does it need changing?
This varies with the type of that you buy and with how often you put it on. The longer you have your bulb on, the more often it will need changing. You can expect a mercury vapor bulb to last for 10-12 months.
Always look at the manufacturer’s instructions of the UVB lamp for Bearded Dragon health that you plan to buy. Often, the bulb will need replacing before it burns out because the UVB output will have declined to an unacceptable level and will not longer be sufficient to keep your pet healthy.
Benefits of Using UVB Bulb for Bearded Dragon:
The primary benefit of using a UVB bulb for Bearded Gragon tanks is the prevention of Metabolic Bone Diseases in domesticated Bearded Dragons.
This is a collection of diseases caused by a deficiency in calcium and Vitamin D3. The diseases are serious and can be fatal if they are not treated. Vitamin D3 is required by your pet’s body to absorb calcium.
If insufficient calcium is absorbed, the Bearded Dragon’s body begins to remove calcium from their bones and this makes the bones brittle and prone to fractures. The result is deformed bones and limbs that do not work properly.
You may see that your pet drags a limb behind them. They are in pain and discomfort and their life-expectancy is reduced.
Bearded Dragons should not go for more than one or two days without UVB in their tank. It also plays a role in supporting their immune system and keeping them happy.
Why Get UVB Instead of UVA Bulb?
Ultraviolet light can be subdivided into UVA, UVB and UVC. Whilst UVA is useful to help your Bearded Dragon see properly, it is not essential for their health. UVB, on the other hand, is vital for reptile health.
It has a beneficial effect on their immune system. It is also thought that it plays a role in the production of beta endorphins which has a positive effect on your pet’s mood.
Perhaps most importantly, it is essential for the synthesis of vitamin D3. The particular wavelength needed for the production of this vitamin is 290 nanometers to 315 nanometers.
Best UVB Bulb For Bearded Dragon FAQ:
Q: How often should I replace my UVB bulbs for bearded dragons?
A: UVB bulbs need to be replaced if they have burnt out and stopped working or if the UVB output has reduced to such a low level that it is no longer helping your Bearded Dragon.
Unfortunately, all lamps will degrade over time but carry on giving out visible light so you may not be aware that the UV levels have fallen.
Some bulbs degrade faster than others and lamps that are on for many hours a day will degrade faster than those that are just on for a short while. The only way that you can be sure is to invest in a UV meter. However, the bulb manufacturer will also give guidelines about how often it should be changed.
In general, you can expect a linear fluorescent bulb to last for between six and 12 months, a mercury vapor bulb will last for 10-12 months and a metal halide bulb will last for 24 months.
Q: Do Bearded Dragons need UVB light at night?
A: It is important to create a day/night cycle for your pet so that their circadian rhythms can follow the same pattern that they would in the wild.
These rhythms follow a 24-hour cycle and affect the bodily functions including sleep-wake cycles and hormone production. Without this natural pattern, a Bearded Dragon can become unable to sleep properly which can lead to stress. Therefore, the UVB light should be turned off at night.
If UVB lights are left on all the time, hypercalcemia can occur which is a buildup of too much calcium.
Our Top Pick:
Our top pick of the best UVB bulb for Bearded Dragon health is a 100 Watt mercury vapor bulb that will provide heat as well as UVA light, UVB light and visible light. It is self-ballasted and can be used just like a regular bulb with no UVC output.
It will fit into most enclosures, vivarium, terrarium, tanks and vision cages. Each bulb has been tested thoroughly before dispatch and has a long life span.
It should be used in a standard US ceramic socket with a deep dome that has been designed for large bulbs that have a high-wattage.
Thanks for taking the time to read The Most Popular UVB Bulb For Bearded Dragon Review Plus Buying Guide in 2023-2024.