The Most Popular Above Ground Pool Vacuums Review Guide For 2022-2023
The Most Popular Above Ground Pool Vacuums Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Having an above ground pool makes holidays and special occasions that much sweeter. Nothing beats relaxing in a warm InTex pool to cool the heat of the day and while it can be a heavenly experience the cleaning isn’t as inviting. Vacuums are a must have for Intex and other popular brands of above ground pools.
These selections feature heavy duty high-quality designs that are built to last. They are cost effective and come with a variety of features that will make your pool cleaning a joy. Selecting the right one can make quick work of the task but which are the best above ground vacuums on the market for this year? Take your pick from this high performing top list inside The Most Popular Above Ground Pool Vacuums Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Dolphin E10 Automatic Pool Vacuum Amazon’s Choice
Say farewell to dirt and debris in your above ground pool with this vacuum without having to expend much effort. Offering a simple way of cleaning the pool, the Dolphin device has an easy to clean top loading filter basket. Most suitable for above ground pools, the robot can clean pools measuring up to 9 meters (or 30 feet).
Coming with a 2-year warranty, the Dolphin vacuum can clean the pool quickly in just 1.5 hours.
- The easy way to a clean pool. The Dolphin E10 robotic pool vacuum cleaner was designed specifically for above-ground swimming pools, making it the perfect solution for pools up to 30 feet. Backed by a 2-year quality assurance, get a worry free clean.
- Take back your free time. The Dolphin E10 will have your pool cleaned in a quick 1.5 hours. Just imagine how much you can get done with one less chore on your to-do list.
- Dolphin does all the hard work for you. The E10 was designed to clean your pool, effortlessly. With superior filtering and floor scrubbing capabilities, you can relax knowing your pool will be sparkling clean and free of debris
- Save energy with every pool cleaning. The E10 does not require any additional pumps or hoses to get the job done. Dolphins are super energy efficient with an average operating cost of 5 cents per hour.
- With more than 35 years of cleaning the world’s residential swimming pools, Dolphins provide pool owners with a hassle-free cleaning solution of unmatched performance and longevity. Get back to what really matters; spending time with family and friends.
- Top-loading filter basket for ease of cleaning
- 2-year warranty
- Cleans the pool in just 1.5 hours
- Simple plug and play design
- It’s a bit pricey but worth it
Polaris Vac-Sweep 6-130-00 Pressure Automatic Vacuum
This is a pressure side vacuum cleaner made for above ground pools with vinyl. Easy to install in a few minutes, the automatic pool vacuum can work in facilities that are up to five foot deep. The device leaves the skimmer and filter free of contaminants as it is powered with the water pressure from the pool.
You have a special filter bag that removes debris and dirt even before reaching the filter or basket. This type of operation, thus, prolongs the filtration system.
- Suitable for all aboveground pools up to 5-feet deep.
- Installs easily in minutes.
- Powered by the pressure of clean water returning to your pool, leaving both the filter and skimmer free to eliminate contaminants.
- Operates with pumps and filtration systems normally found on aboveground pools and vacuums the bottom and sweeps the sides in three hours or less.
- Patented jet sweep assembly blows water against the pool wall to loosen debris in hard-to-reach places and then sweeps it into an easy-to-remove filter bag.
- Unique filter bag removes debris, including larger items like twigs and pebbles before it reaches your pump, prolonging the life of your filtration system.
- Can be installed in a matter of minutes
- Pressure side technology
- It works even in pools with uneven bottom
- Not for inground pools
- The vacuum line remains tangled
XtremepowerUS Suction Climb Wall Pool Cleaner Amazon’s #1 Best Seller
The XtremepowerUS suction pool cleaner has weighted stabilizers that are used to keep the device balanced while cleaning. The eyeball divert can be used to adjust water flow. Hose length on this device is adjustable which helps to avoid tangling and other performance issues.
- 10 hoses included for up to 30′ pool. Ideal for cleaning bottom surface and wall; does not clean stairs
- Require at least a 3/4 hp swimming pool pump or 1600 GHP to function properly.
- No tools required and no electricity needed; Attaches to your existing filtration system
- 1 Year Warranty for Parts Replacement (For order purchased from Amazon.com Prime and Ihubdeal ONLY )
- Cleaner should be moving about the pool at a rate of 8 to 12 feet per minute. Note : Refer to PDF attached below in Technical Specification for User manual
- New (13) from $114.98 & FREE Shipping.
- This design manages dirt and algae leaving pool spotless
- It climbs walls on pools of various shapes and alternating depths
- The life expectancy of this pool vacuum is 1 to 2 years
- The flapper block may be faulty
- It does not do steps in the pool
Pentair Kreepy Krauly E-Z Suction Pool Cleaner (Blue/White)
The Pentair pool cleaner is an automatic vacuum that uses random cleaning patterns to free your pool of dirt and debris. It operates well with pools of various shapes and sizes while being powered by your pre-installed filters.
- Superior hydraulic design for optimum vacuuming power
- Only one operational moving part (the flapper) for long, dependable service; no wheels or gears to replace or service
- Free skimming valve automatically regulates water flow to assure proper cleaning speed and simultaneous skimming of surface debris while vacuuming
- True random pattern coverage makes sure every inch of pool floors are thoroughly vacuumed
- This selection makes easy work of large pools
- It vacuums the floor and climbs the walls
- You can slow down or speed up the operation of this vacuum to adjust cleaning efficiency
- The cleaning pattern may miss spots in larger pools
- Its hose tends to tangle while cleaning
Pool Blaster Max Cordless Cleaner
This is a battery-powered and cordless vacuum that is rechargeable. It has a 10.5-inch wide brush head for scrubbing. The cleaner has an extra-large filter bag and can clean sands, silt, dirt, and leaves. Perfect for use in aboveground and inground pools, The Max has a powerful motor for efficient and quick debris pickup.
With a lithium battery, the device has a runtime up to 1 hour and can be attached to a telescoping pole.
- INCREASED POWER: The Max offers increased vacuum suction with the Water Tech P30 Motor design engineered for quick & efficient debris pick-up.
- WHOLE POOL CLEANER: Clean entire pool or Spot-Clean in seconds. Includes a removeable 10.5” vacuum head for general cleaning or simple remove to expose nose cone head for hard to get areas. Ideal for In-Ground pools and Above Ground Pools like Intex
- CAPTURE MORE DIRT: The Max features a large debris capture chamber and strong suction for a variety of cleaning; acorns, twigs, leaves dirt and sand.
- CORDLESS CLEANING: Perfect for quick and easy cleaning in the Swimming pool and Hot Tub or Spa. No hoses or cords needed.
- MORE RUN TIME: The lithium ion battery powered Max is designed to run up to 1 hour. Push-Button operation. Attaches to any standard telescopic pool pole. (telescopic pool pole not included)
- Wide vacuum head with 10.5 inches
- Doesn’t require cords or hoses
- Up to an hour battery runtime
- Good value for the money
- Doesn’t include a telescoping pole
- Doesn’t operate automatically
Hayward W900 Above Ground Automatic Vacuum
The Hayward product is an automatic vacuum built for above ground pools. This product comes with 32 feet hose for up to 27 feet round pools. The automatic machine is incorporated with SmartDrive, a patented technology.
Asides from above ground pools, the pool vacuum is also suitable for on-ground pools of all shapes and sizes. It can run independently from your filtration system and you can directly connect it to the skimmer.
- USE IN ABOVE-GROUND POOLS: The Wanda the Whale Suction Pool Cleaner from Hayward is designed to automatically clean the bottom of all sizes and shapes of above-ground and on-ground pools
- GENTLE YET EFFECTIVE: A unique turbine system helps Hayward suction cleaners move gently across the bottom of your pool, providing exceptionally quiet operation. They even improve circulation by pulling water up from the bottom of the pool as they move
- SIMPLY SUPERIOR RESULTS: Equipped with patented SmartDrive technology, it covers the bottom of your pool quickly and completely, making sure no debris is left behind. Their deluxe bumper ring reduces friction, guiding them away from walls, steps and ladders to continue the cleaning cycle
- QUICK & EASY INSTALLATION: 32 ft. hose connects directly to your skimmer, installing in less than 10 minutes without tools. And with no additional equipment required, you can enjoy sparkling clean water without a booster pump
- TRUSTED BRAND: With over 80-years of experience, Hayward is an industry leader manufacturing advanced pool equipment
- Package includes a 32 feet hose
- SmartDrive technology for completely automatic operation
- High suction power
- Saves a lot of time
- Gets stuck too often
Aquabot Pool Rover (Junior)
The Aquabot pool rover both vacuums and micro filters dirt, debris, and contaminants found in residential pools. Users have the option of 2 to 3 hour operating times and the power cable supplied with the device is 40 feet long.
- Pool rover Jr. comes with 40-feet of floating cable, a built-in 2-micron fine reusable filter bag and a power supply transformer
- Fully automatic robotic cleaner vacuums any round, oval, or rectangular flat-surface above-ground pool in 1 hour or less without hoses
- Powered by a 24-volt pump motor that provides vacuum suction and jet-drive propulsion and works with the touch of a button
- Extra-wide non-marring wheels roll over any surface and patented E-Z swivel device ensures a tangle-free cable
- 2-hour automatic shut off timer; reduces chemical, water, and energy costs; 1-year warranty for the motor.Surfaces: Vinyl, Gunite/Concrete Fiberglass, Tile
- This vacuum can clean a large pool without skipping spots
- Replacement filters for this product are sold separately
- Works well in any shaped pool even those with depth variations
- The wheel piston can be faulty
- Quality control on this pool vacuum may be low
Zodiac Polaris Turtle Pool Cleaner
The Zodiac Polaris turtle pool cleaner is designed for shallow above ground pools. Not only will this cleaner vacuum the bottom of the pool but it also sweeps the walls and loosens debris.
- Operates with pumps and filtration systems normally found on aboveground pools
- The polaris turbo turtle is suitable for all above ground pools up to 5-feet deep. Vacuums the pool bottom and sweeps the sides in three hours or less
- Patented jet sweep assembly blows loosens debris in hard-to-reach places and sweeps it into an easy-to-remove filter bag
- Powered by the pressure of clean water returning to your pool, leaving both the filter and skimmer free to eliminate contaminants
- Unique filter bag removes debris before it reaches your pump basket or filter, prolonging the life of your filtration system
- This design operates on your built-in filtration system
- It can easily clean a large pool within a 2-hour cycle
- The pressure adjustment valve allows your set the function of this device to your specific pool
- Customer service with this brand may be poor
- Hose storage can have an impact on the efficiency of the vacuum
Hayward Aquabug Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
The Hayward aquabug above cleaner works well in pools of any shape and size without skipping spots. Installation is quick and easy with an estimated set up time of under 10 minutes. This above ground pool cleaner works best on permanently installed pools.
- Unique turbine/gearing system provides constant balanced water flow assuring quiet operation and gentle movement across the pool bottom
- Advanced, contoured head design allows the steering pattern to be completed in minimal time
- Installs in less than 10 minutes, without tools;All surfaces – vinyl, concrete, fiberglass, tile pools
- Deluxe bumper ring minimizes friction for easy movement away from walls and resumption of the programmed steering pattern
- 1 year warranty
- It is easy to set up with very few parts needed to run efficiently
- Replacement parts are easy to get and affordable
- This vacuum fine filters leaving your pool free of dirt and grime
- There is a possibility your pool liner can be torn by this device
- It may malfunction due to faulty parts
Intex Pool Cleaner (Above Ground)
The Intex pool cleaner is designed to work in conjunction with your existing filter pump granted it has a minimum GPH of 1600. Setup can be done in reverse to disconnect, clean and store your device.
- This powerful pool cleaner is designed just for Intex pool owners and will automatically clean and
- vacuum the entire pool floor for hassle-free pool maintenance.
- Vacuums come complete with a 24ft. hose
- attaches easily to Intex inlet connectors with 1 1/2in. or 38mm hose fittings.
- For Intex above ground pools with filter pumps with a flow rate of 1,600-3,500 GPH.
- Not suitable for in-ground pools.
- Detailed instructions in the product kit makes setup and installation easy
- It cleans large pools quickly and efficiently without skipping spots
- This vacuum is designed to work with cohesively your already installed pumps
- The hose joints can leak air
- Quality control on this vacuum may be low
Hayward 100 Penguin Suction Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
Hayward 100 Penguin pool cleaner is built on the smart drive steering system to cover the entire pool and let you clean it faster. It cleans the flat bottom and dishes out the floor in less than 2 hours. All it takes is plugging the vacuum hose into the skimmer and it will start working automatically.
The vacuum cleaner comes with 3 interchangeable color combination kits to let you personalize the cleaner. It targets leaves, grass, seeds, bugs, and dirt from the pool leaving the water crystal clear for you.
It also improves the water circulation in the pool by pulling water from the bottom. No tools are required to assemble it.
- Smart Drive Steering System Provides fast and efficient pool coverage
- Three easily interchangeable color customization kits for the bow tie and eyes to personalize your own cleaner
- Use the pool filtration system, no tool required for easy installation and ease of use
- Three colors customization kits included. More fun with your pool new best friend !
- Improves water circulation by pulling water from the pool bottom as it moves
- It’s simple and ready to use
- It navigates around the entire pool to do its job
- Comes in 3 customizable designs
- It moves around very slowly
- The suction is not powerful enough for large pools
The Most Popular Above Ground Pool Vacuums Buying Guide For 2022-2023
Quick Tips to Choose the Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum
If you want to understand the basics to choosing the a good above ground pool vacuum, consider these tips
Some above ground pool cleaners have a sleek professional design and travel with tracks instead of wheels which gives the device better traction. Other designs take the form of animals such as turtles that make a fun addition to homes with young children. Some selections are manual while others are automated allowing users to set cleaning cycles.
Manual cleaners can pose a challenge when it comes to cycles as these may last for just 1 to 2 hours. Some above ground pool vacuums enter sleep mode after an hour or so and must be restarted and reset after every cleaning cycle.
A cleaner can have an internal pump, however, may are designed to connect to your built-in pool filter. Vacuums connected to pool filters adjust based on the power of your pumps which requires a basic GPH of 1600.
Larger units use cartridges instead of bags to collect debris and can manage loads up to 60% more than regular cleaners. Not all models use micro filters so checking the manufacturer website should confirm the specs of your particular model. Micro filters can manage debris, algae and even fine dust particles leaving your pool clean and clear.
Many units have a minimum 1-year warranty while others offer warranties of up to 5 years. On average, you can expect a pool vacuum to last at minimum an entire year. This makes price an important factor in selection. Although some designs do not last as long as others, due to their low price range they are still more economical than more expensive brands.
In addition to a vacuum, some models also feature a brush that is used to loosen or scrub away had to remove contaminants. Scanners are sometimes used to optimize cleaning patterns and ensure random and efficient coverage of small and large above ground pools.
Cable length is vital when using a cleaner as it can affect the ability of your device to cover the entire pool. Using a cable that is too long is usually the source of a tangled hose which can cause damage to the structure resulting in leakage.
The customer service offered by some of these above ground pool vacuum brands is of very high quality. Customer Service Representatives personally contact consumers before the warranty expiration to ensure their product is in working condition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the best above ground pool automatic vacuum?
A: The best automatic above ground pool vacuums are characterized by their high performance to price ratio. The best models are usually easy to assemble (often requiring no tools) and are easy to steer, don’t get stuck too often, thanks to cutting-edge technology such as the SmartDrive. Brands like Intex, Hayward, Pentair are known for producing high-performance robots for above ground pools.
Q: How do I hook up my above ground pool vacuum?
A: To hook up your above ground pool vacuum, simply connect the end of your hose to your vacuum head. The end of the hose you need to join usually has a swiveled head while the other end is the one that will attach to your vacuum head. When you’re done connecting everything, you can lower it to the pool bottom with the attached hose.
Q: How long should the pool vacuum hose be?
A: Pool vacuum hoses have varying lengths, depending on the model. However, it is advisable to choose the length depending on the size of your pool; the length, and depth specifically. With a pool measuring 30 feet from the farthest corner and up to 5 feet depth, you’ll need up to 35 feet length of hose.
Above ground pool vacuums can come in a variety of designs that are well suited to singles as well as families. They take the elbow grease out of cleaning your InTex pool and generally work well with pools of any shape or size. This top countdown of the best above ground vacuums to buy in this year has something for just about everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read The Most Popular Above Ground Pool Vacuums Review Guide For 2022-2023.