The 4 Best Faucet Water Filters in 2023-2024
The 4 Best Faucet Water Filters in 2023-2024 – The quality of the faucet water is not up to the mark, and you have to install a filter for purification of water. The quality of water determines the quality of our health to a greater extent.
Therefore, you should not compromise with the quality of water you are getting from the faucet and opt for the faucet filters.
Such a filter eliminates all the different types of harmful chemicals and makes the water fit for cooking, drinking, and other purposes. To find out more keep reading our The 4 Best Faucet Water Filters in 2023-2024.
Review of The 4 Best Faucet Water Filters in 2023-2024
Among dozens of tap-mount filters on the market, we selected the ones most effective in removing toxic chemicals and contaminants from tap water, with designs proved to last for years.
- Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter – Best to Buy in 2022
- PUR PUR-0A1 Faucet Water Filter – Best for Removing Lead
- DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet – Best for Removing Chlorine
- Waterdrop 320-Gallon Water Faucet – Best New Faucet Filter
Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter – Best to Buy in 2022 Amazon’s Choice
Long known as a trusted brand in household water treatment, Culligan makes some of the best faucet water filters on the market. And it’s not a self claim: this filtration device is certified by the NSF.
The Culligan FM-15A is made of light plastic with a sleek chrome finish. It comes with 2 connectors, and can easily match with most standard taps (but no pull-down, pull-out, or unusual tap heads). Installation is easy and can be done within a couple minutes.
If you use one of the spare connectors and it leaks there, call the company for a replacement. Or, if you prefer it fast, get a metal connector from a hardware store.
With filter off being the default, the device allows you to switch to filtered water by pulling out the knob on its side. Water flow will slow down quite a bit, but will still be sufficient for normal drinking, cooking and moderate washing.
The Culligan filter is certified by NSF International against ANSI Standard 42 and 53. It means the filter can effectively reduce health-related contaminants in drinking water, and improve the water aesthetically. It also has the certification for removing chlorine, lead, VOCs, asbestos, and a large number of other pollutants.
The filtration cartridge can process 200 gallons of water before it needs replacement. That could mean somewhere between 2 and 5 months, depending on how much filtered water you consume.
The general consensus is, I believe, that when it comes to filters, the less time between replacements the better. Even if you only use filtered water for drinking, which means it will take more than a year to reach the 200 gallon mark, frequent changing of the cartridge is still advised to prevent algae and bacteria development inside the filter itself.
There’s no replacement indicator on the Culligan, so make sure you have the installation day jotted down and make a schedule to change it.
About This Item:
- Provide your family with visibly clean, great-tasting water for drinking, cooking and more
- FEATURES: Reduces azine, chlorine, lindane, lead, particulates class I, turbidity while removing bad taste/odor; Carbon block filtration method; Flow rate of 0.5 gpm at 60 psi; 30-100 psi pressure range; 40-100°F temp range; Easy installation with no tools
- COMPATIBILITY: Includes adapters for all standard sink nozzles (does NOT fit drop-down faucets)
- FILTER LIFE: Up to 2 months or 200 gallons, depending on usage and water conditions
- CERTIFICATION: Tested and certified by IAPMO against ANSI Standard 42 and 53
- NSF certified
- Removes chlorine, lead, VOCs
- Improves water smell and taste
- Easy to install
- Compact design
- Slow flow
PUR FM-3700B Faucet Water Filter – Best for Removing Lead Amazon’s Choice
With a vertical design and a slightly cheaper price than the 9400B, but not any lesser in filtration ability, the PUR FM-3700B easily wins our nomination for the best tap mount filter to remove lead.
Coming with the filter cartridge placed vertically, FM-3700B is prefered by larger families over some other horizontal filters in this list. The reason? It takes slightly less space over the sink and reduces the chance of clunking when there’s a large pot to wash.
This particular stainless steel finish is pretty appealing too and would complement most faucets. Don’t be fooled, though: the housing is plastic. It’s so easy to get excited at the shiny coat and then when you pick it up the thing is a lot lighter than expected. While this is definitely better for your faucet, a plastic housing makes it prone to leaking and even cracking, sometimes even before you get to change the filter for the first time.
The 3700B uses the same filter as the 9400B. This filter consists of two stages of filtration that take care of sediments, cysts, heavy metals, chlorine, and one final polish that introduces healthy minerals back into the water. It’s certified to reduce 99% of lead, 96% of mercury, and 92% of certain pesticides. That is very impressive for a filter of this size.
Filter replacement is every 1 – 3 months or 100 gallons, whichever comes first. The light indicator will let you know. It’s worth noting, however, that the light is powered on an irreplaceable battery that dies within two or three years, after which you will have to either remember the time of replacement by yourself, or get a whole new unit.
About This Item:
- FAUCET WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM – Enjoy cleaner, filtered water from your faucet with the PUR Faucet Mount Filter System. .It’s easy to attach and includes a MineralClear filter that filters water over natural minerals for a crisp, refreshing taste.
- REDUCES LEAD AND 70+ CONTAMINANTS – This PUR drinking water faucet filtration system is certified to reduce over 70 contaminants, including lead, mercury and certain pesticides. PUR Faucet Filtration systems reduce more contaminants than any other brand.*
- EASY ONE CLICK attachment – The faucet mounted water filter is easy to attach, and no tools are required. Compatible with most faucets, but will not work with pull-out or hand-held faucets.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE – Genuine PUR Faucet mount water filters are certified to reduce lead and other harmful contaminants from your water. Compatible water filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same water quality.
- #1 SELLING BRAND IN FAUCET FILTRATION** – Contaminants can enter your water system daily, so filtering your water is important. PUR has been developing innovative technologies for superior water filtration for over 30 years.
- NSF certified
- Removes 99% lead
- Easy setup
- Built-in filter life indicator
- Vertical design to save space
- Small filter capacity
DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet – Best for Removing Chlorine
Being one of the cheapest water filters for faucet on the market doesn’t stop the DuPont from proudly enjoying trust from the most critical water snobs. Tested against NSF 42, 53 and 372 standards, it’s the best buy when you want a small device to help remove chlorine from your tap water.
The DuPont has a plastic housing with 2 finish choices: chrome and white. At under $15, I can’t really say much thought was put into the design to make it look like a high-end product, but that’s not what a filter is for anyway.
The important thing is there’s a built-in antimicrobial product inside the housing, which supposedly prevents the development of germs inside the cartridge over time.
The item is built to stand vertically next to the tap head to save space. Coming with 2 connectors and even some plumbing tape, setup is no hassle even if you’re a noob.
DuPont uses an NSF certified filter for this set: it’s tested against standards 42, 53, and 372. Which means the media are useful in removing most of the chlorine, sediments, and heavy metals such as mercury or lead to improve not only the taste but also the safety of your tap water.
The filter included in the package is capable of handling about 100 gallons of water. When replacement time comes (which is 2 – 3 months and you have to note down the date because there’s no light indicator), you can also opt for the 200 gallon filter. It’s better to be able to not think about changing it for a good half a year.
About This Item:
High performance filtration and better tasting water in one convenient filter
Includes filter which reduces sediment, chlorine, cysts, linden, benzene, asbestos, mercury and lead
Improves the taste, odor and clarity of your water
Micro ban Antimicrobial product protection built-in to cartridge housing and media for improved filter life
Easily attaches to standard kitchen faucets
- NSF certified
- Removes chlorine, lead, VOCs
- Affordable price
- Prone to leaking
Waterdrop 320-Gallon Long-Lasting Water Faucet – Best New Faucet Water Filter
Compared to Culligan or PUR, Waterdrop is a fairly new brand. As such, it seems to have learned from both the fails and the successes of its early competitors and the knowledge is reflected on its very fair products.
The Waterdrop tap mount filter is quite an eye candy, with a sleek, seamless white plastic housing. It’s placed vertically along the faucet, allowing more space over the sink for filling and washing tasks.
Interestingly, the setting is that the faucet will come between the filter cartridge and the filter leverage. This design in a way increases stability of the whole set, as it minimizes pressure on the cartridge when the leverage is turned. A smart move by the engi’s, if you ask me.
The Waterdrop cartridge included in the package offers five-stage filtration. There’re pre and post-filter stainless steel meshes for sediments, pre and post-filter PP cotton layers for small particles, and activated carbon to remove chlorine, organic compounds, and improve the taste and smell of the water.
The filter has one of the highest capacities among faucet mount filters: one single cartridge can take care of 320 gallons of water before retirement. That’s more than 3 times the capacity of the PURs, and 1.5 times that of the Culligan.
All in all, it sounds like a BIFL. Except: 1) the filter is not NSF certified, and 2) there is no indicator to tell you when a replacement is needed.
While the indicator is only a nice-to-have, the NSF certification means a bunch to us health-conscious folks. The lack of it is the major reason why we can’t list this as the best to buy of 2021. Nevertheless, it has all the potential, and it’s probably only a matter of time before Waterdrop gets qualified and makes it to the top of the list.
About This Item:
- Ultra filtration system: Blends UF membrane and advanced activated carbon fiber for huge upgrade of filtration performance, delivers cleaner and safer water. The usage of UF membrane filters out most of baçtёria, whose pore size ranges from 0.01 micron to 0.1 micron, 1/10,000 of the width of a human hair, reducing substances larger than 0.1 micron. Adopts advanced ACF, 10x better adsorptive than ordinary carbon to reduce most of chlorine, improving water taste.
- 2x Longer filter life: Provides 320 gallons of refreshing water, about 3 months for an average family. The 0.5 gpm steady flow enables to fill up 10 cups of water (7 oz for each) in one minute. Enjoy without the wait. 3 packs replacement filters are available for purchase! (Search “B07C3LFJR2”)
- Easy and convenient: Space-saving design makes it easily fit on any faucet. You can switch between tap and pure water with a simple push, saving water, meeting more needs and prolonging its service life.
- More waste reduction: A sustainable practice by saving over 2,000 bottled water for less landfills, protecting our planet.
- Important: Boxed with several adapters for no-mess installation. *The filter fits typical faucet: Male threaded 15/16″, 13/16″, M21.5 or M18.5; Female threaded 55/64” or M18.5; Does not fit pull-out, hand-held, spray style faucets or faucets with sensor. NOTE: The operating temperature of this faucet system is 41-100°F / 5-38°C.
- Smart design
- Large capacity (320 gals)
- Strong sediment and chlorine filter
- Not NSF certified
The 4 Best Faucet Water Filters in 2023-2024 Buyers Guide
Why A Faucet Water Filter
Safe, tasty water…
Most faucet mount water filters come with a decent amount of filtration materials, allowing them to remove dozens of various contaminants from your tap water.
Some can absorb or neutralize not only chlorine but also toxic heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and arsenic. A few types are built with materials that work to increase the pH level of your water, making it more alkaline.
The result is safe, fresh, crisp-tasting water with bottle quality right from your tap.
…without plastic bottles
Did you know that most bottled water is not necessarily safer than tap water?
Also, while they can be convenient, the cost is high for both you and the environment.
The most appealing thing about bottled water is, apart from their portability, the good taste and odor. With a faucet water filter, you can have the same tasty pure water right from your tap. At a significantly lower cost, and it is also A LOT better for the earth.
Pure water immediately served:
A good pitcher filter can provide sufficient clean water for drinking and occasional cooking in a small family. However, you do have to refill and wait for a few minutes before you can get a few cups of water.
If you need more than a couple gallons of pure water a day, an under tap filter is a better choice. You get clean water immediately, and a few-minutes-wait can get you a decent amount for cooking or washing.
Of course it’s not that tap filters are the answer to every water problem.
First, due to their compact size, they’re not capable of removing all the pollutants in a large amount of water. If you have serious water issues (heavy chlorination, dangerous contaminants ect), a countertop or undersink filter with large capacity and strong filtration media would be a better choice.
Second, these filters are not compatible with all types of faucets. Most modern faucets nowadays are made pull-down, which makes installation of a such a device impossible. Choosing a faucet just to go with the filter, meanwhile, does not sound practical.
All that said, when a quick, portable solution is needed, nothing can beat a good tap mount filter. Thanks for taking the time to read The 4 Best Faucet Water Filters in 2023-2024.