The Best 10 Curved Monitors Review Guide For 2023-2024
The Best 10 Curved Monitors Review Guide For 2023-2024 – To find the best curved monitors, you will need to determine the features that you feel offers the best viewing experience.
We recommend considering the best curved monitors with a minimum of 4K or higher resolution and 1000R curvature or more for an immersive viewing experience.
Make sure to also consider a minimum of 90%+ DCI-P3, sRGB, and Adobe RGB coverage for color accuracy and a high refresh rate (75Hz with FreeSync or G Sync compatibility) for smooth motion. To find out even more keep reading The Best 10 Curved Monitors Review Guide For 2023-2024.
Asus ProArt PA34VC Professional Curved Monitor
This best curved monitor is an absolute machine, starting with a UWQHD (3440 x 1440) IPS panel and three-side frameless design that really maximizes screen real estate. Picture-in-Picture (PiP) and Picture-by-Picture (PbP) makes it easier to view content side by side, integral for product and print projects.
On the ergonomics side, this curved monitor is one of the best we’ve researched. Healthy swivel (~30°), tilt (-5°-+23°), pivot, and height adjustment (120mm) make it easy to optimize viewing position as well.
Kudos for ASUS Eye Care, the brand’s proprietary technology that incorporates low blue light filtering and flicker-free technology to help minimize eye strain, making it the best monitor for eyes on our list.
- 34.1” UWQHD (3440 x 1440) IPS 1900R curved 21: 9 display with 2 x Thunderbolt 3, DisplayPort 1.2 and 3 x HDMI 2.
- High Color fidelity and HDR-10 ensure true-to-life color with factory pre-calibration TO Delta E < 2 for industry-leading color accuracy
- ASUS ProArt calibration technology with 14-bit look-up table (LUT) and uniformity Compensation capability
- Picture-in-picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP) functionality allows easy content viewing from multiple sources simultaneously
- Award-winning three-side frameless design with ergonomic tilt, swivel and height adjustable slim metal base. ASUS Eye Care flicker-free and low Blue light technologies to optimize your viewing experience
- Ultrawide, immersive 1900R panel
- 14-bit look-up table for outstanding color depth
- Picture-in-Picture (PiP) and Picture-by-Picture (PbP) for easy multitasking
- Not the most anti-reflective screen
- Built-in speakers could be sharper
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This curved monitor comes with a 14-bit look-up table (LUT) for 1+_ billion shades of color and a 100% sRGB color gamut, an excellent choice for professional photo and video editors looking for the highest color reproduction possible.
Philips Brilliance 499P9H Curved Monitor
This best curved monitor for office work really pops with crystal clear dual QHD (5120×1440) resolution and generous 91% Adobe RGB coverage for outstanding color reproduction. A 1800R curvature creates an immersive experience when viewing from dead center, wide enough to replicate two Quad HD monitors. Kudos for Adaptive-Sync technology which helps optimize refresh rates for no blur high-speed motion.
Another feature we like with this curved monitor is its MultiClient Integrated KVM switch, which allows users to control two PCs on a single screen using a button.
It’s a must for group collaborative work or for more intensive computer applications that need power. All in all, this curved monitor’s combination of picture quality, refresh rates, and usability make it a winner. It’s a great gift for anyone looking for the best HDR monitor as well.
- Philips Brilliance 49-inch class (48. 8-inch viewable) SuperWide 32: 9 LED monitor with Dual QHD (5120×1440) resolution with 1800r curved VA screen for immersive field of view with wide-viewing angles
- DisplayHDR 400 panel displays images with outstanding color accuracy and brilliance, covering 91% of Adobe RGB and 103% of NTSC color gamut
- Usb-c 3. 1 Gen 2 (DP Alt Mode), HDMI 2. 0B x2, DisplayPort 1. 4, and audio-in/out connectivity + Built-in speakers, Windows Hello pop-up webcam (foldable for privacy)
- Built-in USB-C docking with USB 3. 1 Ports, RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet, and USB-C PD 2. 0 (up to 65W) quickly charging your laptop
- MultiClient KVM Switch built-in with MultiView for sharing a set of peripherals and monitor with multiple client computers
- Peace OF mind: Philips monitors come with 4-year advance replacement in the United States, minimizing downtime
- Adaptive-sync technology provides smooth quick refresh and ultra-fast response time for fluid and stutter free Gaming performance with up to 75Hz refresh rate
- 91% Adobe RGB color accuracy
- MultiClient Integrated KVM for multiple PC control
- Picture-in-Picture (PiP) and Picture-by-Picture (PbP) for easy multitasking
- No joystick for OSD control
- Lower than average pixel density (81 pixels per inch)
- So-so 60Hz refresh rate
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This curved monitor comes with dual QHD (5120×1440) resolution and a multi-client KVM switch, a preferred choice for people who need to project content from multiple computers on one screen.
Samsung CHG90 49-Inch Curved Ultrawide Monitor Curved Monitor
We are big fans of Samsung’s Quantum Dot technology, which produces a true and vivid, life-like picture. A wide viewing area replicates two 27-inch monitors sitting side-by-side for a truly immersive and 3D-style picture.
Combined with High Dynamic Range (HDR) support for contrast optimization and Radeon FreeSync 2 technology for optimal refresh rates, it’s a formidable machine across the board.
In terms of comfort level, this best curved monitor for gaming and work is a winner. A 15°, swivel/tilt, and 121mm height adjustment makes it ideal for all desk heights and viewing positions.
It also comes with healthy and diversified port options, including two USB ports, two HDMI 2.0 ports, and two DisplayPort to connect and charge all of those external devices.
Consider this monitor as offering one of the best gaming experiences. Looking for sharper picture quality than HDR? You might also be interested in the best 4k monitor.
- 49 inch super ultrawide 32:9 curved gaming monitor with dual 27 inch screen side by side
- Quantum Dot (QLED) Technology, HDR support and factory calibration provides stunningly realistic and accurate color and contrast
- 144HZ HIGH REFRESH RATE and 1ms ultra-fast response time work to eliminate motion blur, ghosting, and reduce input lag
- ENHANCED ERGONOMICS with an adjustable stand and VESA compatibility.Brightness:350cd/m2 (Typ.), 250cd/m2 (Min.)
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS (with stand): 47.36 inches x 20.69 inches x 15.02 inches (WxHxD). Dimensions Without Stand-47.3 x 14.5 x 7.6 inches
- QDot technology (1+ billion colors)
- Intuitive on-screen display (OSD) joystick
- Outstanding DCI-P3 color reproduction
- May be too large for some people (49 inches)
- Tight curvature (1,800) not as noticeable as other curved monitors
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This curved monitor comes with Quantum Dot technology for 1-billion shades of color and a blazing 144Hz refresh rate, making it an excellent choice for digital entertainment and streaming.
MSI Optix MPG341CQR Curved Monitor Amazon’s Choice
This curved display monitor is pretty well-diversified, starting with an ultrawide display with a sharp 3,440-by-1,440-pixel native resolution for an excellent field of view.
Although DCI-P3 and Adobe RGB coverage are average (approx 80%) makes up for it with usability. Big points go to picture-in-picture (PIP) and picture-by-picture (PBP), which work great for multi-taskers to concentrate on apps and documents at once.
In terms of design, this best curved monitor for Macbook Pro is built for gamers. LED strips pair with SteelSeries’ GameSense software to toggle a bottom panel LED bar in a different color based on game status.
A back panel LED bar also produces a neat ambient lighting effect in ricocheting colors off of walls to light up a table. Kudos for a five-way joystick that works to navigate the on-screen menu easier instead of toggle buttons. If you’re a Mac Mini user, we’ve also identified the best monitor for Mac Mini.
- Curved gaming display (1800R) – the best gameplay immersion
- Uwqhd high resolution: GAME titles will even look better, displaying more details due to the UWQHD resolution
- Gamesense: Conductively enables external Game alerts via RGB LED Lighting with the hottest competitive online games
- 1ms response time: eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates
- Hdr 400: stunning visuals with the most Criterion format
- PIP and PBP for multi-tasking
- RGB LED lighting using Gamesense
- 100% sRGB for outstanding color reproduction
- Below average Adobe RGB and DCI-P3
- coverage Not a wide color gamut
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This value-friendly curved monitor comes with a sharp 144Hz refresh VA LED panel and Camera Cradle to slide a webcam for optimal shooting, an excellent choice for streamers who want to get their Modern Warfare shootout in high gear.
DELL S3220DGF Curved Monitor
We are big fans of this best curved monitor for gaming’s overall package. Along with AMD FreeSync™ Premium Pro (similar to G Sync) technology for blistering 165Hz refresh rates, there are several features tailored to games, such as a dark stabilizer for black contrast option and a frame rate counter to auto adjust in real-time.
Additional gaming features include 12 picture modes (eight fixed) that adjust brightness contrast and depth settings based on the type of game (e.g. first-person shooter or real-time strategy).
In terms of ergonomics, this curved monitor 4K is pretty diversified with a 137mm height adjustment, -30° to 30° swivel, and -20° to 5° tilt range.
Our only knock here is its inability to flip to Portrait mode, which would have been a plus for programmers and coders who are better conditioned to pour through stacks of code vertically. If coding is a big part of your day, the best vertical monitors are also worth considering.
- None at this time
- 90% DCI-P3 coverage (1B+ colors)
- 165Hz refresh rate for no blur action
- Powerful 3000:1 contrast ratio
- Does not include sRGB mode
- Bottom right controls could be better positioned
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This QHD curved HDR comes with VESA DisplayHDR™ 400-certification. for outstanding contrast ratios and 90% DCI-P3 color coverage, an excellent choice as a great monitor for gamers.
Samsung C27HG70 Curved Monitor
This VA panel curved monitor is designed for watching movies and playing games. Additional gaming features include Radeon FreeSync 2 to help cut choppy, stuttering, and tearing scenes, along with a 144Hz screen refresh rate ensures no blur motion on high impact scenes.
Motion picture response time clocks in at 1ms MPRT, making those wartime skirmishes and heart-pumping action appear true to life on screen.
A neat touch adding to this curved monitor is an area lighting feature with a pulsating rounded LED bar on the back panel, ricocheting light off walls for a neat bouncing effect.
On the ergonomics front, this curved monitor is solid with a -15° to 15° swivel, -15° to 5° tilt, and a and 144mm height adjustment, accommodating almost all seating positions. It’s the perfect gift for anyone looking for the best monitor for watching movies.
- Quantum dot
- 1 billion color support
- QHD resolution. Color Support 1.07B. Color Gamut (NTSC 1976) Typ 88 percent, Min 84 percent. Quantum Dot Color(Nano Crystal). Color Mode Custom/High Brightness/FPS/RTS/RPG/AOS/sRGB/Cinema
- Refresh rate 144Hz;Response time 1M/s; Power: AC 100~240V
- Product Dimensions With Stand:24.60 x 21.92 x 15.38 inches,Product Dimensions Without Stand:24.60 x 14.46 x 3.67 inches
- Audio In (3.5mm): Yes ; Headphones: Yes
- AMD Radeon optimizes refresh rate
- Area lighting for pulsating effect
- Excellent ergonomics and adjustability
- Bulky, T-shaped stand, not the most stable
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This curved display monitor is an all-around winner, featuring QHD resolution for a 1+ billion wide color gamut and a quick 144Hz screen refresh rate, making it an excellent choice for watching movies.
ViewSonic VP3481 Curved Monitor
This curved monitor’s wide color gamut is super accurate, led by QHD Ultrawide 1440p resolution and HDR10 support for exceptional color depth and contrast levels. On the video and gaming side, editors, photographers, AND developers will appreciate a 100Hz refresh rate, supported by AMD’s FreeSync for reduced stuttering and tearing – the result of optimizing graphic card output and your monitor’s native refresh rate.
One of our favorite features with this curved monitor is ViewSonic ViewSplit, which offers users preset layouts to customize the app and document placement on the screen using multiple viewing windows- critical for multi-taskers.
A big shoutout goes to its plentiful connectivity options, including a UYSB 3.1, HDMI 2.0 inputs, and a DisplayPort for more intensive video editing applications. If you’re looking for the best photo editing monitor, this is it!
- CURVED DESIGN: Immersive 21:9 curved viewing experience with panoramic images, vivid color, and incredible detail
- PROFESSIONAL MONITOR: UWQHD (3440x1400p) 100Hz SuperClear MVA monitor perfect for graphic designers, photographers, video editors and more
- ULTIMATE COLOR ACCURACY: Screen wide 100% sRGB, EBU, SMPTE-C, Rec. 709, and DICOM-SIM color spaces, Delta E<2 accuracy, and a smooth palette of 4.39 trillion colors deliver precise, lifelike images
- 100Hz REFRESH RATE: Smooth, tear-free playback ideal for video editors and game developers
- HDR10 CONTENT SUPPORT: Displays videos as they are intended to be seen – giving you a fuller, more immersive viewing experience
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The VP3481 supports laptops, PCs, and Mac operating systems with USB 3.1 Type C, HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2, and DisplayPort inputs
- INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTY: 3-year coverage with access to our US-based customer service team
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: LCD Monitor, Power Cable, AC/DC Adapter, USB 3.1 Type C Cable, USB 3.0 Cable, DP to DP Cable, HDMI 2.0 Cable, Audio Cable, and Factory Color Calibration Report
- Superb 4.39 trillion hue palette
- ViewSplit technology for multiple viewing windows
- The blazing-fast refresh rate for smooth motion
- Buttons instead of a joystick controller
- KVM functionality could be more intuitive
- Stand may be too large for some desks
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This curved monitor delivers a breathtaking and wide color gamut with a 4.39 trillion color palette and powerful UWQHD (3440x1400p), an excellent choice for photo and video professionals looking for the best resolution possible.
LG 49WL95C-W Curved Monitor
This 49-inch wide monitor is powerful in most aspects. A dual QHD resolution (5120 X 1440) display and HDR 10 support provide rich color depth and contrast, coordinating with an ambient light sensor to auto-adjust brightness based on ambient lighting conditions. Note, peak brightness clocks in at 350cd/m2, about average for the class, and nothing to cry home about.
In terms of ease of use, this curved monitor is hard to beat. A back panel mini-joystick menu controller seamlessly works menu navigation, easily allowing users to change input source in seconds. We love this curved monitor’s connectivity options, including four USB 3.0 ports, a DisplayPort 1.4, and two HDMI ports. It’s the best monitor with speakers on our list.
- 49 inches ultrawide 32: 9 dual QHD (5120 X 1440) Display
- USB type C connectivity
- SRGB 99 percent color gamut
- HDR 10 support
- 2 x 10W stereo speaker with Rich Bass
- Height/tilt/ swivel adjustable stand
- Strong bass (two 10W speakers)
- Sturdy stand with multiple ergonomic options
- 99 percent sRGB color coverage for accuracy
- 60Hz refresh rate could be stronger
- Only 79% Adobe RGB coverage
- Peak brightness of only 350cd/m2
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This curved monitor comes with a powerful dual QHD resolution (5120 X 1440) display and two 10 watt stereos speakers, an excellent choice for people who do a lot of music listening without headphones.
Acer Predator X35 Curved Monitor Amazon’s Choice
This curved monitor screams hardcore gamer with a slew of features. Quantum Dot technology offers a rich, 1+ billion wide color gamut with solid DCI-P3 color coverage for excellent reproduction.
Two modes, RGB Light Sense, and Game View use a series of preset display modes and color effects for additional gaming features based on different types of media (e.g. first-person shooter). Big points go to NVIDIA G SYNC ULTIMATE, which optimizes refresh rates to 200Hz, tops of all curved monitors we’ve researched.
In terms of ergonomics, this curved monitor is rock solid. A ZeroFrame design makes the monitor near non-bezel less and 100 x 100mm VESA mount compatibility makes it compatible with aftermarket mounting arms or walls. It’s a great feature for overly bright conference rooms if you’re looking for the best business monitor for the office.
- 35″ UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440) Widescreen VA zero frame display with NVIDIA G-SYNC ultimate for ultimate tear free gaming
- 1800R Curved Display with 21: 9 Aspect Ratio | High brightness and contrast with VESA certified display HDR 1000 | Response time: 2ms (G to G)
- DCI-P3 90% wide color gamut | 10bit color with Quantum dot technology | 200Hz refresh rate with NVIDIA G-SYNC ultimate – using display port
- Light your display with Acer RGB light sense & 512 full array local dimming zones | Predator game view with 8 modes | 2 speakers at 4 watts per speaker
- Ports: 1 x Display Port v1. 4, 1 x HDMI v2. 0, Audio Out & 4- USB 3. 0 Ports (Display port, HDMI & USB cables included)
- Brightness up to 1K nits
- 512 full-array local dimming zones for outstanding contrast
- Wide color gamut with high DCI-P3 coverage
- Fan noise may be an issue at times
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This curved monitor comes with an UltraWide QHD (3440×1440) display and a peak brightness of up to 1000 nits, an awesome choice for working, playing, or movie watching in bright rooms.
Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ Curved Monitor Amazon’s Choice
This curved monitor is an absolute machine for gamers, starting with a QHD UltraWide 1440p resolution screen and a 200Hz refresh rate, supported by NVidia’s G Sync technology to optimize refresh rates by controlling stutter and tearing.
Peak brightness goes up to 1000 nits, which is amongst one of the highest scores we’ve researched, an excellent choice for gunning multiplayer mode in dark rooms.
On the ergonomics side, this gaming monitor works very well with generous height adjustment and 35° swivel. A VESA-compatible stand also allows for different mounting options using aftermarket arms and easy wall bracketing.
All in all, this gaming monitor is very solid across the board. It’s a great choice for someone looking for the best widescreen monitor.
- 35″ uwqhd (3440×1440) 21: 9 curved hdr gaming monitor provides an immersive panoramic gaming experience with 200hz refresh rate and 2ms (gtg) response time
- Nvidia g sync ultimate technology delivers vivid realism with hdr for lifelike contrast & color, with the brightest whites & darkest blacks, that brings out details like never before
- Quantum dot technology provides the cinema standard dci p3 color gamut for realistic colors and smoother gradation
- Marathon ready with asus eye care technology to minimize eye fatigue and an ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/ adjustments to accommodate any desk
- Flexible connectivity with displayport 1.4, HDMI 2.0, USB 3.0 type b, USB 3.0 type a x2
- Outstanding 500:000:1 contrast ratio
- Peak brightness up to 1K nits
- 90% DCI-P3 coverage for color accuracy
- Massive display weight (close to 45 pounds)
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This curved monitor comes with a QHD UltraWide 1440p resolution screen and Asus’ Eye Care technology for eye strain reduction, an excellent choice for gamers who want to protect their vision during marathon NBA 2K sessions.
The Best 10 Curved Monitors Buying Guide For 2023-2024
The Most Important Features to Consider
Our preference is for a minimum 4K resolution for under 27-inch screens, which offers four times the pixel density of Full HD 1080p monitors. For screens over 27 inches, we highly recommend a higher resolution (QHD). IPS panels are also a plus, which offers a wide color gamut and response times than TN and VA panels.
If you are looking for a gaming monitor, refresh rates are key. Look for HDR content reproduction and a refresh rate of at least 75Hz for no blur motion handling. FreeSync and G Sync compatibility also work to optimize frame rates by minimizing screen tearing, ghosting, and stuttering for a more fluid picture.
From our research, both G-Sync and FreeSync perform pretty similarly and we would not recommend one over the other. Lastly, look to pre-calibrated picture presets
Not all curved monitors are created equal. If the curvature isn’t pronounced enough, there won’t be that much of a difference from using a standard flat screen monitor. Curvature is measured in radius in millimeters, with the “R” referring to said radius. The lower the number, the more pronounced and bold the curve.
For instance, monitors featuring a 1500r curvature are extremely immersive while monitors with a curvature of 1800r or 1900r are slightly less pronounced. We’d recommend 1500r monitors for gaming and slightly less curvature for office work or video editing and other creative pursuits.
In addition to curvature, there are other factors to consider when picking a monitor to be used as a primary display for gaming. You are going to want a fast refresh rate, such as the 120Hz as found with our number five pick, and solid integration with AMD’s FastSync technology and/or Nvidia’s G-Sync technology. Additionally, you might want a monitor with several built-in features to reduce eye fatigue.
Make sure your preferred monitor has plenty of port options, including, but not limited to, several HDMI ports, a DisplayPort and a headphone jack, for the listening of audio. Some models include USB ports, which can allow for the plugging in of useful accessories, and USB-C ports, which automatically integrate with Apple products, such as MacBooks and the like.
The more diversified the number of ports, the more external devices can be connected. We prefer curved monitors with a minimum of four USB ports, an HDMI port, VGA, and DisplayPorts to accommodate the most devices possible needed for casual web browsing to intensive applications such as video editing and graphic design.
Panel Type and Viewing Angle:
These monitors feature a wide variety of display types, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. Vertical alignment (VA) panels typically feature fantastic color reproduction and contrast, with robust viewing angles, though they can suffer slightly when it comes to response time.
In-plane switching (IPS) panels typically offer great viewing angles, with the added benefit of a reduction in color shift when doing so, though they generally offer slightly slower refresh rates, though that can depend on the make and model.
Color Gamut Simply put, the color gamut is the range of colors on offer by a particular display. Monitors typically follow different color gamut standards to advertise how many colors, and of which type, the can display.
These include sRGB and NTSC, among others. sRGB is the standard found in most consumer-grade monitors, cameras, tablets and other devices, while NTSC is typically used in monitors that are intended for professional use by graphic artists and the like.
Essentially, a refresh rate is the number of times your monitor refreshes with new content each second. For example, a 75Hz refresh rate refreshes 75 times per second. Ultra-high refresh rates result in a smoother picture.
Response time measures how long it takes a display to shift from one color to another, usually by way of black to white. Response times are usually measured in milliseconds, with anything below 5ms considered to be extremely fast.
Our preference is for the best curved monitors to have healthy swivel, tilt, pivot, and height adjustment angles for the most comfortable viewing experience. We are big fans of flicker-free and low blue light filtering to reduce eye strain as well.
Curved monitors ship with all kinds of additional features. Some displays have built-in speakers, allowing you to forgo purchasing a third party sound system, such as a soundbar. Others come with durable and high quality stands that are VESA-compliant and offer a number of height adjustment options, including robust tilt functionalities.
Curved Monitor FAQs:
Q: What is the best curved monitor to buy?
A: We are partial to any of the above products, but if we had to pick we’d go with our top choice, the Sceptre C248W-1920RN Curved Monitor, thanks to its gorgeous edgeless frame and relatively budget-friendly price tag.
Q: Are curved monitors worth it?
A: Absolutely. Curved monitors offer the kind of immersion that traditional monitors cannot compete with, which can be especially useful while gaming. Other applications include office work, video editing and related creative pursuits.
Q: How do I choose a curved monitor?
A: Take a look at the specs and find a product that meets your minimum desired criteria in a price range you can afford. First, we’d recommend deciding whether or not you want 1080p, 2K or 4K, and then choosing a display size and moving on from there.
Q: What are the best curved monitor brands?
A: There are plenty of well known manufacturers that make curved monitors, including Samsung, Dell, Sceptre and VIOTEK.
After analyzing hundreds of reviews amongst a multitude of products with varying price points and features, we’ve determined that the Asus ProArt PA34VC Professional Curved Monitor is the best curved monitor you can buy on the market today.
Keep reading about this and our other top picks to learn more about buying the best computer monitors for your home or office. Thanks for taking the time to read The Best 10 Curved Monitors Review Guide For 2023-2024.