2023-2024 Photo Editing Monitors Review Guide
2023-2024 Photo Editing Monitors Review Guide – Choosing the best photo editing monitor could mean the difference between squinting at the screen to tell shade contrast or a rich, vivid color palette with excellent grayscale performance.
Our evaluation focused on performance/display, resolution, ergonomics, and the number of ports. To find out even more keep reading our 2023-2024 Photo Editing Monitors Review Guide.
Asus Designo Curve MX38VC Photo Editing Monitor Amazon’s Choice
This photo editing monitor is very well rounded. Its IPS panel is good for up to 1.07 billion colors and Quad HD (3840 x 1600) resolution comes with a generous 178° viewing angle and healthy contrast ratio for full immersion while editing.
It really maximizes screen spaces, working well with photo editing professionals who multi-task with several photos at once. Eye fatigue is also minimized with flicker-free technology and a blue light filter for up to 430% blue light reduction that produces a nice calming effect on the eyes.
Ergonomics with this p[hoto editing monitor is a strong suit. Viewing angles are optimized with swivel, tilt, and height adjustability. Kudos for an included wireless 15W Qi charging pad, which allows users to not have to retrieve those pesky Lightning cables. It’s a great option for anyone searching for the best HDR monitor.
- 37.5” 21: 9 ultra-wide Quad HD (3840 x 1600) Curved monitor with a wide 178° viewing angle featuring 1 x DisplayPort 1.2, 2 x HDMI 2.0 and USB Type-C
- Award-winning frameless design and transparent sundial base Pair with hidden, down-firing inputs and a 5-way navigation key to blend elegance and performance
- Stereo 10W Harman Kardon speakers and ASUS SonicMaster technology provide rich, spacious sound while eliminating the need for external speakers
- Embedded wireless 15W Qi charging pad with status-monitoring lighting
- ASUS Eye Care technology with TUV Rhineland-certified flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter minimizes eye fatigue
- Generous 178° viewing angle Maximizes screen space with 3840×1600 resolution Includes FreeSync support up to 75Hz
- Odd speaker placement (back of monitor) On-Screen Display (OSD) setting adjustments could be easier
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This photo editing monitor has an excellent feature set, starting with a UWQHD wide viewing angle display
and TUV Rhineland-certified flicker-free backlighting, making it an excellent choice for professionals who want to avoid eye fatigue.
BenQ SW2700PT Photo Editing Monitor Amazon’s Choice
Our favorite feature with this best monitor for photo editing is its exceptional color accuracy. Advanced Hyper-Viewing Angle panel technology works to deliver 100 percent sRGB coverage and excellent viewing angles.
A 14-bit Look-Up Table (LUT) also offers exceptional controls with color and gradation. 10 Color Mode settings also give photographers a lot of options when it comes to editing.
This photo editing monitor is designed with ergonomics in mind, starting with a fully adjustable stand, 70° swivel, and side buttons and ports for easy reach. Kudos for a DisplayPort input, an HDMI input, and a DVI dual-link input.
However, its HDMI port is a predecessor to 2.0 – not as much a concern. If you’re looking for a higher resolution option with sharper images, our best 4k monitor guide is another resource worth checking out.
- 27 inch 2K QHD resolution with IPS Tech: exceptional clarity and fine detail, wide viewing angle
- Aqcolor advantage: 99% Adobe RGB color space, 14-bit 3D look up table (LUT) and Delta E≤ 2, accurate color reproduction.
- Efficiency Boost: hotkey Puck lets you easily switch between Adobe RGB, sRGB, and Black & White mode, or set the hotkey Puck buttons to the OSD settings of your choice.
- Custom calibration: each SW2700PT arrives pre-calibrated with factory report, hardware calibration, palette master element calibration software; calibrate for a consistent color advantage.
- Professional monitor capabilities: included shading hood minimizes ambient light, Advanced Black & White lets you preview B&W content in three preset modes.
- Eye Care for comfortable viewing: zeroflicker eliminates screen Flicker, low Blue light filters harmful Blue light. Avoid eye strain and damage. Your eyes will thank you for using this Tech.
- Excellent color display (99% Adobe RGB) 14-bit Look-Up Table (LUT) for effective color management 10 Color Mode settings for color optimization
- Not a high brightness rating 560 x 1,440 resolution not as high as other models
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This photo editing monitor offers 100 percent sRGB coverage and covers 99% of Adobe RGB, making it an
excellent choice for photography professionals who want the highest color accuracy possible to transfer on-screen magic to print.
BenQ SW321C PhotoVue Photo Editing Monitor Amazon’s Choice
This best photo editing monitor is agile, featuring an IPS panel, 4K UHD resolution, and a 99% Adobe RGB for a true representation of on-screen color to print.
AQCOLOUR technology really unleashes a wide color gamut, especially with transitions and shading. We are also big fans of its 16-bit 3D Look Up Table (LUT) for outstanding color space, especially useful with grey tone reproduction.
In terms of design, this best photo editing monitor is very well constructed with a super-thin bezel and wired remote controller to better breeze through on-screen navigation – much more agile than using a computer mouse.
Two HDMI 2.0 ports, 1 USB Type C, 1 Type B1, and a Display Port are conveniently located on the bottom for easy each. All in all, we were very impressed with this best photo editing monitor build and image quality. It’s a great contender for the best monitor for graphic design on our list.
- AQCOLOR TECHNOLOGY 99% Adobe RGB coverage uniformity technology and hardware calibration support for accurate color performance
- 32 INCH 16 9 4K RESOLUTION
- HARDWARE CALIBRAITON WITH PALETTER MASTER ELEMENT SOFTWARE
- PAPER COLOR SYNC FOR SCREEN-TO-PRINT COLOR MATCHING
- Vivid picture ( 10-bit color depth)) 16-bit 3D Look Up Table (LUT) for superb grey tone reproduction Super thin design; easy to maneuver
- Slight light bleed at edges No included mini DVI socket
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This photo editing monitor features 99% Adobe RGB coverage and supports HDR10 & HLG, an excellent choice
for a professional photographer to set up base with editing.
BenQ EX3501R Photo Editing Monitor Amazon’s Choice
We love this best photo editing monitor for its sparkling high resolution (UWQHD (3,440-by-1,440-pixel). Along with a 500 brightness rating, color space and greyscale really fly off the screen. Its large curved screen bodes well for photo editors preferred to sit dead center and don’t mind an occasional distortive view with lighter projects.
This best photo editing monitor can also double as a gaming monitor, sporting a blistering quick 100Hz refresh rate and AMD Free Sync which optimizes choppy frames for smooth motion and no blur.
In terms of being easy to use, it’s a winner with a hockey puck-shaped stick that switches between sRGB mode and CAD/CAM mode. Our only knock is that it does not include a swivel adjustment, although tilt and height work. It’s arguably the best monitor for watching movies on our list as well.
- PANORAMIC SCREEN: Immersive ultra wide 35″ curved monitor and 3440×1440 resolution with 1800R curvature, wide viewing angle, 21: 9 aspect ratio, ultra-slim bezel
- PATENTED EYE-CARE FOR EXTENDED PLAY: Brightness Intelligence Plus uses a proprietary sensor to adapt screen brightness and color temperature to your in-room lighting. B. I. + works with Zero Flicker and Low Blue Light to help combat eye strain, blurred vision, and fatigue.
- Ergonomic: Height/tilt adjustability.Brightness:300
- Super speed connectivity: USB-C one-cable connectivity enables SuperSpeed USB data transfer and 2K video delivery over a single cable, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB 3. 1
- Lightning Fast: 100Hz refresh rate gives you the edge
- SMOOTH GAME PLAY: AMD Free Sync empowers intensely smooth gameplay, eliminating choppy tearing and broken frames, HDR technology offers greater brightness and contrast level for clear, vivid images
- Panoramic screen for immersive viewing 100Hz refresh rate works great for gaming & supports AMD FreeSync Brightness Intelligence Plus adjusts based on lighting conditions
- No swivel adjustment and curved screen may distort viewing angle So-so port placement (back)
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This best photo editing monitor comes with a striking 3440×1440 resolution panoramic display and Brightness Intelligence Plus technology to auto adjust the brightness based on ambient lighting conditions, a great choice for people who work in bright and dark rooms.
BenQ PD3200U Photo Editing Monitor Amazon’s Choice
This best photo editing monitor’s picture quality is off the charts, with 4k resolution and a good representation of Adobe RGB, sRGB, and Rec. 709 color spaces for the most accurate colors possible.
It is also good with a Portrait Mode to reorient the screen to a vertical position – a good choice for the photo editor moonlighting as a coder or programmer. Low Blue Light technology also helps eliminate eye fatigue and optimize brightness levels based on ambient lighting conditions.
Ergonomics with this best monitor for photo editing and gaming works very well, with tilt, switch, and height adjustments covering broad degree angles depending on your viewing distance and position. A Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) Switch also makes it easy to flip between different screens a lot faster than a computer mouse. It’s a great option for anyone looking for the best monitor for eyes as well.
- Exclusive AQColor technology covers a wide variety of color spaces such as Adobe RGB, sRGB and Rec. 709 ensuring the colors on your screen are the brightest, boldest and most accurate
- View files side-by-side with DualView. Easily compare photos and videos in specialized CAD/CAM, Darkroom or Animation display modes next to each other on one screen. Pantone Validated
- Ergonomic features allows you to customize your viewing experience with a tilt, twist or turn. Adjust the screen height or rotate to portrait mode for added comfort and workflow efficiency
- Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) Switch allows users to display files, photos or videos from two different computers on a single screen. Easily work on multiple projects at once without worrying about transferring files computer to computer
- Eye care technology prevents eye strain, fatigue and irritation with Low Blue Light technology, Brightness Intelligence and ZeroFlicker filters out harmful blue light, automatically adjust screen brightness based on your surroundings and eliminates annoying flickering.Brightness:350 cd/㎡
- All units purchased from Amazon comes with new firmware update, fixing previous flickering issues
- Excellent brightness rating (350 cd/㎡ ) Solid 100Hz refresh rate. for no blur motion Supports Adobe RGB, sRGB, and Rec. 709 color spaces
- Blacks may appear washed out on occasion Slight learning curve setting up “hockey puck” controller
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This best photo editing monitor comes with a gorgeous IPS panel AND AQColor technology, which optimizes
color space for the richest representation possible – an excellent choice for more value-conscious photo editors.
MSI Prestige PS341WU Photo Editing Monitor
This photo editing monitor hits all the right marks. An IPS display pops color off the screen with a whopping 5,120 by 2,160 pixels and 100% sRGB coverage, beating 4K monitor pixel density by a long shot. It even includes HDR support with local dimming for contrast optimization.
In terms of ergonomics, this best photo editing monitor is above average. Tilting angles are solid ( -5º/+20º ) and swivel runs at a respectable 35º, helping the viewing position. Our only knock is that height adjustment is limited.
On the port side, this monitor accommodates two HDMI 2.0 ports, a DisplayPort, and various USB types- all conveniently located on the side for easy reach. If you find yourself frequently working with multiple views, you might also be interested in the best widescreen monitor.
- 34-Inch ultra-wide Professional wuhd (5120 x 2160/ 21: 9) designed for creators & multitasking
- Nano-ips panel for a truly premium quality picture
- 98% of DCI-P3 color gamut with a pre-calibrated in factory for the most excellent color accuracy
- 34” ultra-wide wuhd Display for truly expressive details
- Built-in picture-in-picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP) help to check the content from multiple sources simultaneously and switch between them easily
- Super sharp WUHD resolution display 450cd/m2 brightness rating; great for bright rooms Intuitive picture-in-picture (PIP) for increased productivity
- Plastic casing not as durable as aluminum So-so 60Hz refresh rate (response time)
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This best photo editing monitor has a rich 98% f DCI-P3 color gamut representation for color accuracy and
a built-in picture-in-picture, an excellent choice for multi-taskers who frequently refer to two pieces of content at the same time.
Asus ProArt PA329Q Photo Editing Monitor
This best photo editing monitor features an IPS panel, which delivers exceptional picture quality at all viewing angles. Color reproduction is well diversified with 100 % coverage for rec. 709 and 99. 5% for Adobe color gamuts, equally working well with striking color or grayscale (black and white p[hotography) projects. RGB BlueLight filter also helps protect your eyes.
This photo editing monitor also comes with four HDMI 2.0 inputs, two DisplayPorts, and a USB 2.0 along with an intuitive joystick that makes it easy to toggle menus on the screen and adjust settings on the fly.
We were also very impressed with its base and stand with respectable tilt (25º), swivel (60º ), and height adjustability. If you’ll be doing a fair amount of coding, you might also consider buying the best vertical monitors on the market.
- 32-Inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution display with DisplayPort 1. 2, Mini-DisplayPort 1. 2 and 4x HDMI 2. 0 inputs; Color Temperature Selection : 4 Modes
- 100% rec. 709 & 99. 5% Adobe RGB true Color reproduction, factory pre-calibrated for outstanding color accuracy (Delta). supports dic-p3 and Rec. 2020 color standards
- ASUS ProArt calibration technology with 14-bit look-up table (LUT) and uniformity Compensation capability. Digital signal Frequency: 30 to 135khz(h)/ 24 to 76hz(v)
- Compatible with major hardware calibrators such as X-Rite i1 Display Pro and data color spider 5 Series, with ability to save color parameter profiles directly to the monitor (accessible via hotkey), ideal for designers
- Compliance and standards- energy Star, , CB, CCC, CE, CEL level 0, C-TICK, CU, ErP, FCC, j-moss, kcc, Mac compliance, PSB, PSE, RoHS, tuv-ergo, tuv-gs, UL/CUL, Vici, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 10, Windows 8. 1, Windows 7), TUV flicker-free, Ukraine, standby, TUV low Blue light. Ergonomic tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment stand with ASUS Eye Care flicker-free and low Blue light technologies. Pivot: 90 degree clockwise
- Excellent color (Ultra HD resolution) 14-bit look-up table (LUT) for outstanding color accuracy Anti-glare screen to reduce eye strain
- Heavy monitor (27.5 lbs) Slight learning curve learning to navigate adjustment options
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This best photo editing monitor offers great value with 99.5% Adobe RGB coverage and an anti-glare overlay for reflection handling, an excellent choice for people in bright rooms.
Eizo ColorEdge CG319-4K Photo Editing Monitor
Our favorite feature with this best photo editing monitor is its ColorNavigator 7 software which allows users to work from one of several color presets, including Adobe RGB, P3, Rec. 709, and Rec. 2020.
This enables hardcore photographs to view a photo or video footage in exceptional HDR or HLG detail, especially useful to be confident of color accuracy from on-screen to print.
This best photo editing monitor is also loaded with ports, including two HDMI ports and two DisplayPorts. We are also big fans of a back panel handle (this thing is heavy!), a healthy 154mm height adjustment range, and a light-shielding hood that magnetically clips onto your monitor to reduce reflection and glare.
All in all, this large screen works wonders for the most intensive of photo and video editing projects. If you’re working with a lot of video content, you might also want to look at our best monitor with speakers buying guide to ensure top-notch sound quality.
- 31.1in Wide-Gamut LED IPS monitor
- 4096×2160 native resolution
- 17:9 aspect ratio
- Intuitive ColorNavigator 7 for presets Includes back handle for easy transport 99% of RGB coverage for color accuracy and depth
- Brightness off in some places May be too large for casual photo and video editing projects
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This best photo editing monitor comes with robust ColorNavigator 7 software, which presents a blistering number of color presets, an excellent choice for editors who care about the most minute of details with intensive graphics projects.
2023-2024 Photo Editing Monitors Buyers Guide
The Most Important Features to Consider:
Look for the best photo editing monitors and best monitor for video editing with premium-grade IPS displays, which are a type of LCD panel that bests TN and VA in terms of color palette and viewing angles.
It really offers dynamic image quality and ideal color accuracy when designing projects on-screen to carry to paper. These are generally designed for professional purposes, whereas TN monitors are reserved for gaming (high refresh rates) and VA for general use (e.g. home office).
We are big fans of 4K resolution. 1080p / Full HD (FHD) carries 1920 x 1080 versus 3840 x 2160 for 4KL but doesn’t pack the punch of 4K and QHD for increased pixel density and a wider viewing angle.
Our favorite photo editing monitors are integrated with swivels and tilt along with height adjustment to achieve an optimal viewing angle. Editing photos could take hours and hours so an ergonomic setup is important to prevent eye, shoulder, and back strain.
The higher the number of ports, the more external devices can be connected to it. Be sure to go for a professional monitor with a minimum of two HDMI ports, a Display port for 60 fps resolution, VGA for older devices, and DVI for video only signals. Don’t forget a USB port to charge your smartphone or tablet when not in use.
Photo Editing Monitor FAQs
Q: Is HDR monitor good for photo editing?
A: We are big fans of large screen size, HDR photo editing monitors. HDR photo editing monitors typically carry a wider color gamut, aspect ratio, calibration tool, and peak brightness levels to really amplify photos and videos. Note, HDR is superior to Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) and works alongside 4K resolution or a premium and more detailed, life-like image.
Q: Is 4k worth it for photo editing?
A: Yes, we feel that a 4K screen is better able to withstand the rigors of tons of hours spent photo editing. a 4K screen will project a sharper image and extra pixels to better classify colors and make changes on the fly. The higher the pixel density, the better the photo editing monitor.
Q: Are curved monitors good for Photoshop?
A: Using curved monitors for Photoshopping images is not recommended due to an oddly shaped screen size. Curved monitors typically operate with a minimum viewing angle (sitting dead center) and work better for TV applications, where a more three-dimensional and immersive experience is necessary. Photo editing on flat screens works best.
Q: Do curved monitors distort lines?
A: Yes, regardless of screen size, we find that curved monitor distorts lines, which could affect the interpretation of on-screen color and patterns to print. Photos could be interpreted differently if viewed from different angles. Opt for a flat-screen over curved screens for photo editing.
After more than 12 hours of research, our pick for the best photo editing monitor goes to the Asus Designo Curve MX38VC Photo Editing Monitor.
It is a workhorse in every sense, featuring a mesmerizing UWQHD wide viewing angle display, 75Hz FreeSync support, and TUV Rhineland-certified flicker-free backlighting to help minimize eye fatigue during long editing sessions. Thanks for taking the time to read our 2023-2024 Photo Editing Monitors Review Guide.