Most Popular Hoof Stand for Trimming Hooves Review Guide For This Year
Most Popular Hoof Stand for Trimming Hooves Review Guide For This Year– Need a hoof stand to do the hoof trimming yourself? Hoof trimming is tricky, but it’s so relieving that just a little accessory can change the entire game for you.
Hoof stands are made to facilitate the farriers and horse admirers with hoof trimming. To find out even more keep reading my Most Popular Hoof Stand for Trimming Hooves Review Guide For This Year.
Hoofjack Medium-Sized Farrier Hoof Stand
The Hoofjack’s medium-sized farrier hoof stand is engineered to facilitate ponies and drafts. This hoof stand contains a medium base, two magnets, one medium cradle, and a straight post with a rubber cap to assist in hoof trimming.
The linear polyethene medium base having the height and diameter of 9″ and 18″ makes this hoof stand ideal for smaller ponies and injured horses. This hoof stand can be used for trimming, bandaging, and hoof cleaning, etc.
It keeps the horse in an accurate position while trimming to ease up the hoof trimming process for the horse and the farrier. The only drawback we have found yet is that it comes in eye-catching green colour but only in one size, “medium”. However, it is rewarded with a three-year warranty.
- Hoofjack Medium Farrier Stand
- Ideal for people under 5′ 10″ (if over please see the standard hoofjack)
- Strong: The medium base is made of linear polyethylene
- Comes in an attractive color
- Easier to use
- Assists in hoof trimming, cleaning, and bandaging
- Comes with a three-year warranty
- Available in only one size, medium
- Can be used for small ponies only
- Can not be adjusted for bigger needs
Hoof-IT The Blacksmith Model Hoof Stand
Hoof-IT blacksmith hoof stand is a proud invention that is readily available to help the professional farrier and horse owners in hoof trimming. This USA-made hoof stand is simple and easy to use.
The shock-absorbing cradle and support wings offer unmatched support to the horse and farrier and make the whole trimming process a little less tiring.
The easy-to-use lightweight design introduces it as a revolutionary hoof stand equally useful for horse-owners, farriers, horse grooms, and veterinarians.
This simply built hoof stand comes with detailed information from the manufacturer that helps in hoof trimming. However, it’s a bit pricey.
- A hoof stand for horses, horse-owners, farriers, hoof trimmers, horse grooms, and veterinarians
- Adds comfort for the horse and less stress on the human body
- Made from a light weight, extremely durable high-tech composite
- Simple and effective to use
- Simple and easy to use
- Can be adjusted according to requirements
- Ideal for standard-sized horses
- Equally useful for the farrier, horse grooms, horse owners, and veterinarians.
- Comes only in basic black color
Tough 1 Professional Adjustable Farrier Stand Amazon’s Choice
Tough 1 adjustable professional farrier hoof stand is in Amazon’s choice because of its simplicity, supernatural sales, and positive reviews. This farrier stand is made to offer stable support while hoof trimming.
It is engineered to cater to the needs of professional farriers and advanced horse owners. The adjusting options make it sufficient to be used for miniature to fully grown horses.
The non-slipping cradle eliminates the chances of injuries by keeping the hooves in place. The versatility of the Tough 1 professional farrier stand allows it to be used for both front and hind legs without any difficulty.
- Easily adjusts to accommodate any height horse
- Works on front and hind legs; Cradle for holding the hoof
- Includes two strong magnets to keep your tools close at hand
- Color: Black
- Material: Metal
- Super affordable
- Can be used on horses of all sizes
- Prevents slippage
- Got positive reviews
- Easier to use
- Comes in basic black color
Hoofjack Standard Horse Size Farrier Hoof Stand
The funky Hoofjack farrier hoof stand is engineered for drafts and ponies. The Hoofjack hoof stand is backed by professional farriers and advanced horse owner’s appreciation.
The funky pink colour makes it superior to the basic black-coloured hoof stands. It has been helping hundreds of professional farriers and advanced horse owners across the globe.
The sturdy design allows it to keep the horse hoof locked in place during the entire hoof trimming process. Manufactured to reward with unmatched support and durability.
- Height is Easily Adjustable
- base, post, and cradle included
- Ideal for people over 5’10” (if shorter please see the Medium Hoofjack)
- Sturdy enough to serve the purpose
- Comes in pink color
- Easy to use
- Build to last
- Caters the needs of farriers well
High Country Plastics Farrier Stand
High country plastic farrier stands are made to aid the hoof trimming activities. The heavy-duty plastic makes it the best alternative to metal hoof trimming stands.
This farrier stand eliminates the need to have multiple hoof stands to cater to the needs as it allows the farrier to adjust the height according to their requirements.
Rubber cradle makes hoof trimming less exhausting for the horses and farriers. Heavy-duty plastic, lightweight design, and flexibility turns it into an unmatchable hoof trimming piece.
- The Maintenance Farrier Stand allows you to easily perform Farrier duties with less weight on your back
- It supports the hoof for daily maintenance such as treatment, bandaging and polishing.
- Heavy Duty diamond plate finish.
- Well thought out structure
- Gives four height adjusting options
- Works well for horses and drafts
- The title says it’s plastic but the material is more steel-ish than plastic
Castillo Steel Hoof Stand
This least-known Castillo steel hoof stand is made to give a resting shoulder to the horse owners. The raised bottom makes it stand firm on tougher uneven grounds.
Balanced weight and compact ensure easy handling and require less storage space. Slip-resistant hoof handles to avoid the risk of injuries caused by sudden displacement.
Non-adjustable, made to serve one purpose well. It may not be as strong and sturdy as the other options but enough to take care of the trimming needs of one horse.
- Light Weight and durable
- Compact size
- Holds the ground well
- Requires less storage space
- Prevents slippage
Hoof-IT Blacksmith PRO Hoof Stand
Hoof-IT is a popular equine accessories brand that has been serving horse admirers with their creations. Two-in-one post and cradle and rubber non-skid base shape it into an exceptional hoof stand.
The durable post cradle with rubber coating assists in handling the hoof and makes it shock absorbent. It is built to give the farriers and horse admirers unmatched stability and workability.
Like other Hoof-IT hoof stands, it also comes with detailed information so the buyers can get the right product for the hoof trimming needs. The only thing that bothers the horse admirers is that it has no magnets.
- None at this time
- Well-known brand
- Comes it with detailed information
- Fulfills the hoof trimming needs
- Hard to judge, Got a few reviews
- No magnets to support
Most Popular Hoof Stand for Trimming Hooves Buying Guide For 2021
These were the few affordable options that have been serving the professional farriers across the globe tirelessly. Shortlisting a few items from the list doesn’t mean that the other options are faulty. There are of course other options as well that are serving the purpose well but it’s impossible to write each one down with details. Here are a few more biggies of the market.
- Anvil Hoof Stand
- Hoofjack Standard Horse Size Red Hoof Farrier Stand
- Hoofjack Standard Horse Size Purple Hoof Farrier Stand
- Hoofjack Draft Size Green Farrier Hoof Stand
The Hoofjack and Hoof -IT are the two most popular brands that have got the professional farriers blind trust. But What works for one may not work for another. Hoof stands are complexly built even though they appear simple. One must know what he/she needs to look for while ordering the hoof stand. This article would be considered incomplete without the buyer’s guide. So, let’s move further and discuss what you need to know;
How to find the right hoof stand for horse hoof trimming?
There are a few things that can tell whether the hoof stand you are about to order is right for your horse or not. Your top major concerns while buying the hoof stand should be;
Whether you are shopping for cloth, shoes, handbags, or a hoof stand, the material should be your first concern. The material can change the fate of the object. The hoof stands are normally used roughly so it’s important to invest in durable ones.
To sprinkle salt into the wounds, they are expensive as well. It’s not possible to pay for the hoof trimming aid accessory every other day. Make sure the hoof stand is of solid metal because plastic can not stand the abuse such accessories normally go through.
The next thing that should be bothering you is ” weight”. The hoof stand should neither be too light that a gentle breeze can flatten it out or too heavy to handle.
Do not forget to scroll down to see what the product weight is and whether it can hold the ground or not. Remember! If the material and weight are as per the requirements half of the problems are resolved already.
Hoof stands come in a variety of sizes to facilitate ponies, drafts to fully grown horses. What’s made to serve the donkeys, ponies or drafts can not be ideal for the fully grown horses. So you have to judge from the title, product description, and product specifications whether this size can suit your needs or not.
The right size would not only help you in handling the hooves well but also finishing the job early. Moreover, it would be less tiring for the horse to keep the leg on.
After material, weight, and size comes the budget. The hoof stands are manufactured from durable metals that make the hoof stands expensive.
On average, the hoof stands are being sold for a price between $150 to $200 which most horse owners can not afford. While ordering the trimming aid accessory you have to judge whether the farrier trimming would be cheaper or investing in the hoof stand is more promising. Make sure the hoof trimming stand does not make you starve for days.
You can select the right product, pay for it, get it delivered to your doorstep but making your horse place the hoof on the stand is the most tricky part. Want to know how you would teach your horse to place the hoof correctly?
So how to place the horse hoof on the hoof stand?
To bring the hoof stand into a ready-to-use position you first have to read the instructions and set it up. Once the hoof stand is in shape you can follow the below-mentioned instructions to place the horse hoof correctly;
- Adjust the stand according to the height requirements
- Allow the horse to hold the position and see if it’s comfortable, if it’s not change the settings
- Keep it right a little above the position of the leg, do not push it away right or left as it would be tiring and uncomfortable.
- Carefully notice if the horse is comfortable with the position and height of the stand. You can judge by the body language if the horse is constantly trying to push back the leg, take it as a sign of readjustment and if it seems like the horse can comfortably hold the position for 10 to 15 minutes. You are good to go!
Horse shoeing stands and Hoof stands are used to make the hoof trimming and shoeing procedure less discomfortable and scary for the horses and tiring for the farrier or horse admirer. There are several hoofs stands available in the market but the two brands that have got the best hoof trimming stand and professional farrier’s admiration are Hoofjack and Hoof-IT.
It doesn’t matter what brand you are choosing, selecting the right product matters. So, invest wisely. I would also like to suggest here that this is just a general guide. The best suggestion or advice can only be taken from a professional farrier. Take help from this article but do consider asking your horse’s farrier to guide you. Thanks for taking the time to read my Most Popular Hoof Stand for Trimming Hooves Review Guide For This Year.