Most Popular Charcoal Grill Review Guide For This Year
Most Popular Charcoal Grill Review Guide For This Year – They type of charcoal grill of your dreams depends on your needs and what grilling you plan to do. Charcoal grills come in a variety of different materials, shapes and sizes and choosing the right one should be easy once you know how much cooking surface you need.
You will also want to consider how the grill can be cleaned and how durable it it. Additionally, standard charcoal grills and be very economical and there are also grill with a number of extra features that may be on the pricier side.
We have brought together all of the top models and narrowed the list down of the ones we think are the best. To find out even more keep reading our Most Popular Charcoal Grill Review Guide For This Year.
Most Popular Charcoal Grill – Royal Gourmet
The Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker is versatile as it can be used as a side-smoker or charcoal-grill. It is easy to assemble for standalone operation. The main cooking area is 800sq” of heavy duty cast iron manufactured grates. It is manufactured using a Heavy duty lid, with professional thermometer, big stack and cool-touch spring handle.
Adjustable damper for better air flowing. Steel mesh front table and bottom shelf, provide plenty of working and storage space, very easy to clean up.. The Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker has a convenience drawer on the side for a simple way to get to the coals and clean ashes. The Table-Top Charcoal Grill and Side Fire Box is made by Royal Gourmet.
- Ample Cooking Space: A total of 823 sq. in. cooking surface includes 443 sq. in. porcelain-enameled steel wire cooking grates, 191 sq. in. chrome-plated warming rack and 189 sq. in. offset smoker.
- Great Performance: With a firm combination of offset smoker, this charcoal grill delivers excellent performance. Experience grilled and smoked meat at the same time with no hassle.
- Heat Control System: 2-level height-adjustable charcoal pan creates better heat control. Cooking chamber maintains internal temperature and prevents air loss.
- Preparatory Space: Front shelf offers room for seasonings and bottom shelf provides extra storage space.
- Easy to Move: Two wagon-style wheels make this grill easy to move around, the side spring handle allows for extra convenience for transport.
- Heavy duty construction of steel
- Porcelain steel grates for cooking
- 800 sq” of cook space
- Easy access to ashes for cleaning
- Temperature safe handle
Best Overall Charcoal Grill – Weber Performer Deluxe
The Weber Performer PlatinumGrill features has a 22.5” diameter classic porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with a 363 sq” cooking area. There is a working surface and plenty of storage options.
The Weber Perfomer also has a wired bottom shelf, a rust resistant aluminum vent and a nylon handle and it’s assembled dimensions are 40” x 50.25” x 28.5”. Specially convenient on the Weber Performer Grill is the LCD cooking timer that is removable and has an easy to read large readout which can attach to the grill.
The Weber Performer One-Touch Cleaning system and removable, high capacity, aluminum ash catcher makes clean up easy and quick. The exclusive electric gas ignition system ignites the grill with the push of a button.
- Electronic Touch-N-Go with Propane Gas powered ignition system (propane tank not included)
- Dimensions – Lid Closed: 43.5″H x 48″W x 30″D | Weight: 91 lbs
- 22-inch diameter porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with a cooking area of 363 square inch
- Aluminized steel One-Touch cleaning system with removable, high-capacity, aluminum ash catcher
- Removable LCD cook timer and built-in lid thermometer
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
- 22.5” diameter enamel bowl and lid
- Cooking area of 363 sq”
- Electronic Touch-N-Go gas ignition system
- Aluminized w/easy cleaning system
- Removable cooking timer (LCD)
Best Budget Charcoal Grill – Weber Original Kettle
The Weber 741001 Silver 1Touch 22.5” Kettle Grill is a sleek, legendary backyard icon available in many sizes and colors. The Weber Kettle Grill’s aluminized steel, 1Touch cleaning system makes emptying the ash easy to do in just a few moments with out dirtying your hands.
The Weber Kettle Grill will withstand the heat of many cookings and is rust and burn through resistant. The grill measures 22.5” inches long by 25” wide by 38.5” high. The heard-wearing 22.5” inch grill provides 363 sq inches of cooking area on an easy to clean, plated-steel cooking grate.
The Weber Kettle Grill also features an innovative heavy-gauge steel bowl coated with porcelain-enamel and is formed exactly right to allow heat to circulated around the inside for even cooking.
The Weber Kettle Grill has glass handles, rust resistant vents, durable all weather wheels & aluminum ash-catcher. The fire can be choked out easily by closing the One-Touch cleaning system and the top damper.
- Stay true to the modern version of the kettle that started it all—the Original Kettle, invented by Weber’s founder, and loved around the world. Its ultra-durable, porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, while the dampers easily adjust for precise temperature control. With a One-Touch cleaning system for easy cleanup after a long day of grilling, the Original Kettle will always be the grill built for everyone
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press
- One-Touch cleaning system provides hassle-free ash cleanup. Removable, aluminum ash catcher
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl Retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- Use the lid hook to avoid placing the lid on the ground while grilling
- Dampers allow you to easily control the temperature inside your grill
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
- 22.5” diameter steel plated grate
- Porcelain enamel bowl
- Measures 22 1/2” long by 25” wide by 38 1/2” high
- 10 year warranty
Most Popular Charcoal Grill Buying Guide For This Year
Charcoal Grill is the best outdoor cooking partner. It is great to know that there are many charcoal grills out there that are created to fit the varying preferences of different people. In order to have the best cooking experience, you need to find the grill that could meet your cooking demands.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing a Charcoal Grill:
Types of Cooking:
You need to determine the kind of cooking that you intend to do with the grill. There is a difference between grills that can cook burgers and the ones that can slow cook barbecue ribs. Some charcoal grills come with special settings for added cooking capabilities.
Size of Charcoal Grill:
Charcoal grills come in different sizes. There are portable grills that you can simply fold into a suitcase, such as the Epicoa 7-Skewer Grill, so you can easily bring them anywhere you like. Some have a cooking space of 360 square inches, just like the Kingsford Grill, to provide enough space for cooking many foods at a time. The biggest are the ones that have 1,400 square inches of cooking area. These are the best to use on special occasions when you have to serve many people.
Some charcoal grills are designed for tabletops while others come with built in stands. There are also convertible grills that have detachable stands so you can use them in two different ways.
Check the Airflow:
It’s important to check the grill’s airflow control. When you want to be able to hold the temperature that your meal needs, you need to find a grill that can be closed tightly so that the air would only come in and out the vents. The best charcoal grill is the one that you can shutdown after cooking in order to save your remaining charcoals for next time use. Otherwise, you’ll end up using more charcoals than you need to.
One of the best grills that has excellent ventilation is the Weber Kettle Charcoal Grill. It comes in round shape to focus the heat and it also helps reduce heat loss.
Features to Check for a Charcoal Grill:
Check the Grates:
Wire grills are great cooking surface. Cast iron is hard to maintain and doesn’t leave nice grill marks on the meat’s surface.
Price of Charcoal Grill:
If you are in a tight budget, it is important to canvass the prices of different grills. Some grills cost over $1,000 while you can also get one for as low as $150. The price may depend on the quality of the grill. But as mentioned above, you need to know what you need and what you want in order to determine the best kind of grill that could work perfectly for you. There are many cheaper grills that can offer quality cooking experience and can suit your preferences.
The fastest and easiest way to test the grill’s construction is to shake it. A quality and sturdy grill should feel solid when you’re shaking it. The grill is poorly made when it sounds loose and wiggles unevenly. If the grill can’t stand solid on the store’s floor, there’s a greater chance that it will fall apart quickly on your backyard.
It’s important that you can assemble the grill correctly, especially if you intend to bring it in other places. There are grills that require hours of assembly. Some grills have complicated setup instructions and might require expert help.
Warranties and Special Services:
Basically, high quality grills come with excellent warranties and special services. Special services include easy-to-follow instructions on the manual, toll-free telephone lines (when you want to ask questions and you’re already home) and professional assistance.
It’s easy to control the temperature of indoor cooking devices such as ovens. Outdoor grills need a closer attention and practice. The following are different temperature controllers that are featured in different brands of charcoal grills.
As mentioned above, you will be able to cook better when the lid closes tightly. The lid can also keep the grill from damaging elements such as wind and rain. When you are choosing grills, make sure that the cover can fit to the grill’s body perfectly.
Charcoal grill must have at least 2 dampers to allow air to come in and out. You can control the temperature with intake damper, which is where the oxygen enters to create fire.
You can also control the temperature by raising or lowering the charcoal. The temperature drops when the charcoal is lowered.
The modern charcoal grills come with built in thermometers for easier monitoring of temperature. With the thermometer, you can hardly undercook, overcook, or burn your meals. Some grills don’t come with built in thermometers but you can purchase them separately.
2-Zone Cooking Setup:
Creating 2 zones for cooking is the best technique to cook your meals faster. Special skills are needed to do it manually. Fortunately, many charcoal grills are now designed with 2-zone cooking setup. This setup allows you to move your meats on the other side of the grill where it can receive indirect heat while you cook another set of meats in their place.
One of the nicest ways to keep the grill’s temperature is by moving the charcoals around. You can do this easily if you have an open access to the charcoal. A good grill should be built with a side door to allow you to move the charcoals conveniently.
Ash Removal System:
Grills can last longer if they are properly maintained. One way to keep your grill from rusting is to remove its ashes regularly. Ashes can also defer and reduce the cooking performance. Modern charcoal grills come with ash removal system for easier cleanup.
Charcoal Grill Accessories:
Now that you know the type of charcoal grill that you want, you may consider purchasing additional accessories to enhance your outdoor grilling experience. Grill grate cleaners, attachable side trays, and sauce containers are some of the accessories that you can get for free upon purchase of a brand new grill.
Take your time in choosing the grill that can meet your needs. You will thoroughly enjoy cooking and grilling if you get the best features that you like.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Most Popular Charcoal Grill Review Guide For This Year.