Best Inflatable Life Vest Review Guide For This Year
Best Inflatable Life Vest Review Guide For This Year – Live vests were first invented in 1854 and have saved countless lives. Initially, these vests were made out of simple cork material. However, this has greatly changed with life vests nowadays featuring lightweight foam materials.
These vests are also known as personal floatation devices (PFD) since they help remain afloat. Wearing a life vest is not a luxury but a safety precaution. In fact, it is not an optional vest but one that you must wear every time in the waters.
However, choosing the best life vest is not easy due to numerous choices out there. There are hundreds of life vests on the market right now from different manufacturers.
Choosing the best requires proper knowledge of life vest features and how they work. To help you find the best life vests, we’ve narrowed down your search to only 10 leading vests.
These are top-quality life vests that will keep you afloat in case of emergencies. To find out even more keep reading our Best Inflatable Life Vest Review Guide For This Year.
Onyx Movevent Dynamic Life Vest
This is by far one of the best life vests and a leading brand in the industry. It is a best-seller life vest with hundreds of reviews. The jacket is pretty comfortable due to a bubble foam interior. In addition, this jacket comes with expandable zippered pockets to help keep various personal items close.
It is a great design vest with mesh drainage for faster drying. Besides, there is a drying loop at the back for easy hanging of the jacket. Overall, this is a pretty safe life jacket design to consider buying today. Furthermore, there is an attached whistle for added safety.
- Mesh in lower back fits high back seats
- Shoulder adjustments with neoprene comfort pads
- SOLAS grade reflective material for visibility
- Expandable zippered pockets with mesh drainage
- Heavy duty nylon fabric; soft, lightweight flotation foam
- Double crimp, funnel entry
- Expandable zippered pocket with mesh drainage
- 200 denier nylon ripstop and nylon oxford
- Attached whistle for safety
- Zip assist loop at zipper base U.S. Coast Guard Approved Type III Life Jacket / Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Attached whistle for added safety
- Bubble foam inner back hence comfortable
- Easy drying due to a mesh construction and drying loop
- Expandable zippered pockets
O’Neill Wetsuits Life Vest Amazon’s #1 Best Seller
This is a safe personal floatation device with USCG approval for safe use. It is a perfect vest when swimming, tubing, waterskiing, etc. The vest features a minimalistic design for easy use. It feels lightweight and allows for a wide range of movement. In addition, this vest features durable polyester construction for long-lasting use.
The strong shell exterior prevents damage and allows for extended use. Overall, this is a soft and comfortable design life vest with lightweight polyethylene foam. It is a relaxed fitting vest suitable for a wide array of activities.
- USCG Approved Type III Nylon PFD
- Your life vest size is determined by US Coast Guard requirements and may be different than your clothing size. Use size chart to choose based on your actual chest and/or belly measurement.
- Coated nylon outer shell for light weight and comfort
- Anatomically cut closed cell marine foam flotation
- 4 heavy-duty 1.5 wide webbing belts with quick release Delrin buckles allow for an adjustable fit and easy fastening
- Suits a wide range of activities due to a relaxed-fitting
- Full mobility due to a minimal bulk design
- Strong coated polyester exterior hence durable
- Soft and comfortable due to lightweight foam
Stohlquist Waterware Life Vests / Fit Adult PFD 4 Pack Coast Guard Approved Universal Amazon’s Choice
This is another excellent choice life vest with a restrictive cut to offer high mobility. In addition, the vest features a highly placed buckle to help reduce ride up. You can easily engage in a variety of activities without worrying about the buckle moving upwards.
It is a uniquely designed vest with a thinner back. The thin back helps reduce seat back interference for comfortable rides on boats. This is an ergonomic design life vest with a back loop. The loop offers an excellent way to hang the vest for easy drying and storage. Overall, this is a type III life vest with Coast Guard approval. It is a comfortable vest with all-foam corners for general boating and water rafting.
- High mobility, non-restrictive cut. Higher placement of upper buckle helps reduce ride up. Thinner back panel to reduce seat back interference
- Sizing: MD 34″-40″, LG 40″-46″,XL 46″-52″
- Back loop for easy drying and storage.Four Adult Universal (> 90lbs) PFDs in a convenient zippered storage bag
- Type III Coast guard approved PFD for paddling, general boating and personal watercraft
- All foam corners are rounded and sculpted compared to many 3 buckle PFDs. Box-stitched webbing is also more durable than bar-tac stitching used by other Economy PFDs
- Comfortable due to foam cushioning
- Easy storage and drying due to back loop
- Convenient zipper storage bag
- High-mobility due to a non-restrictive cut
Onyx Fishing Life Vest Kayak
This is another pretty decent life jacket and a perfect choice when kayak fishing. The jacket comes with several side and chest pockets. This enables you to store everything you need with you afloat. It is a great design jacket with zippered chest pockets zippered fleece-lined pockets.
You can have your knife, whistle and pretty much anything you need. A further push-button tray pocket creates additional space for the tackle box. In addition, this vest features a high back that does not get in the way when seated. This is a breathable vest with a mesh back for excellent airflow. The vest also features ample drainage for quick drying.
- Six adjustment straps to cinch vest up for a snug fit
- High foam back accommodates high back seats
- Pockets designed for your essential gear
- Breathable mesh lower back
- Comfortable neoprene shoulder pads
- Quick-drying due to ample drainage
- Mesh back for breathability
- High back for comfortable seating
- Multiple zippered pockets
O’Brien Womens Life Vest Impulse Neo
This is one of the most comfortable neoprene material life vests for women to consider buying. It is a premium quality vest with 1.5mm exterior neoprene material. The vest also features two belts and a zipper closure for added safety.
This is a decent quality vest with multiple hinge points on the front and back. A further zippered closure ensures the vest fits snugly and remains in place. It is also easy to wear and remove saving you time. Overall, this is a Coast Guard-approved vest to buy with confidence today.
- 1.5mm Neoprene outer for comfortable fit
- Zip closure and 2 belts for security
- Multiple hinge point on front & back
- Zippered Front Closure
- Coast Guard approved
- Easy on and off due to a zippered front closure
- 2 belts for added security
- Comfortable due to a 1.5mm neoprene material
- Multiple hinges for flexible movement
In conclusion, these are the best life vests or jackets on the market to consider buying this year. The vests are pretty safe and come in highly visible colors. They are also easy to wear and remove.
Make sure you select one from our list above and remain safe in waters today. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Inflatable Life Vest Review Guide For This Year.