Best Yoga Pant Review Guide For This Year
Best Yoga Pant Review Guide For This Year – Finding the perfect pair of yoga pants involves a number of different factors. And everyone’s needs are going to be a little bit different. Some people want a pair of pants for lounging around the house. Others want to be able to wear them at work (without tipping your boss off that you’re really comfortable). And still, others just want a pair of pants that will get them through their fitness classes while looking fabulous. Whatever your needs, the best yoga pants are durable, moisture-wicking, and comfortable.
We put together a list of our favorite yoga pants based on the above criteria so you can focus on what catches your eyes rather than worrying about the functionality of your pants. Finding the best yoga pants for your needs can be really tricky! While searching for perfection, you’ll probably wonder if they’ll fit how you’d like them to fit. Are they see-through? Do they stay up while you’re running? Put your worries to rest. The following yoga pants are the best on the market, due to their reliability, stylishness, and durability. So keep reading our Best Yoga Pant Review Guide For This Year to find out more.
Best Yoga Pant Buyers Guide For This Year
How to Choose the Best Yoga Pants for You
Ease of Movement:
Being able to move easily with your Yoga pants is arguably the most consideration in selecting a good pair for you. This is particularly true with Yoga where you try and move your body into various poses requiring a lot of flexibility.
Yoga is hard enough without have your clothing working against you. By and large, Yoga pants are made of a spandex, nylon fabric and are designed to stretch and flex. Yoga pants that have belly flattening compression bands tend to be the worst in this repect.
You may look better but trying to bend over with the extra fabric and compression impedes this. The best pair of Yoga pants is the pair that you don’t even notice your wearing! If you feel confined by pants or leggings, you might want to consider a pair of yoga shorts.
Overall the Spalding Women’s Capri Legging performed the best in terms of ease of movement.
In my opinion the next most important factor in a good pair of Yoga pants is how “breathable” the pants are. Breathability is achieved by a good combination of material weight, wicking properties and how well the material evaporates your perspiration.
Breathability is perhaps most important when doing Hot Yoga. You no doubt will be sweating more with this type of Yoga, so having Yoga pants that breath and “wick away” perspiration is critical to your comfort.
In general, the thinner and lighter the material is going to be the most important factor. This unfortunately reduces the durability of the pants. The 90 Degree by Reflex Power Flex Yoga Pants tended to be the best in regards to breathability and wicking properties.
While Yoga pants in general are not particularly expensive you still want them to last. Normally the pants tend to wear first with “pilling” or where the fabric starts to form the little balls or the fabric before the seams start to go.
Yoga pants are particularly vulnerable to “pilling” because of the constant friction caused by the stretching in Yoga. Always they are susceptible because of the frequent washing. Using less detergent and turning them inside out can help.
Fit and Comfort:
Many of us use our Yoga pants for not just Yoga but everyday wear. They are just as comfortable to wear shopping and the gym as they are for Yoga. So it follows we need a pair of Yoga pants that is comfortable all day long than just for an hour or so.
Body shaping is more important when we want to look good in our Yoga pants while still maintaining comfort. The Spalding Women’s Boot-Leg Yoga Pant were among the top as far as fit and being comfortable for all day wear.
Style is of course the most subjective criteria for evaluating Yoga pants. There are several styles of Yoga pants available, from Capri style to long boot cut. Many Yoga pants are available in a wide array of colors and print style as well.
Viosi Women’s Premium Fold Over Cotton Spandex were a standout as far as look and comfort. They look just as good going to the studio as they do going to Target or to drop the kids of at school.
Best Yoga Pants Brands:
Trying to choose the best brands of Yoga pants is not easy and is of course subjective. Style is important and so it comfort and quality. After wearing many brands of pants over the years I think these brands top the list:
- 90 Degree By Reflex – I think they make the most stylish Yoga pants, certainly the most colors!
- Viosi – If your into bootcut Yoga pants, then you will love Viosi! They some of the best available.
- Spaulding – It would be hard to leave them off the list, they make about every style Yoga pants imaginable.
- Oalka – Their Power Flex Yoga pants are some of the best out there for “slimming”.
FAQs About Yoga Pants:
You see people wearing yoga pants even while grocery shopping because they aren’t just comfortable, they are a fashion statement.
Q: What qualities make yoga pants so comfortable?
A: With either no waistband at all or one that is flexible and stretchy, the most common reason people wear yoga pants is so their waist is comfortable and they can move around easily. This is what makes them ideal for yoga, Pilates, and other exercise regimens that require flexible movements of both body and clothing. However, you also don’t need to worry about zippers, buttons, or ties that can get cumbersome.
Q: What types of materials are yoga pants made from?
A: Yoga pants can be made from many materials and are usually blends of two or more. While natural materials such as cotton and wool are sometimes used, most are made from synthetic materials such as spandex, nylon, or polyester.
The type of material or blend you choose will depend on several things. Do you need something for support or comfort? Are you looking for great designs or for simplicity? What types of fabrics do you feel the easiest in when wearing? You might also want to consider the durability of the fabrics you choose.
Q: What is the best way to wash and care for yoga pants?
A: Try to always wash your yoga pants in cold water. You also shouldn’t put them in the dryer unless you have a “no heat” or “fluff” option available. While you may be tempted to wash them in hot water to help sanitize them, the hot water will stretch them out quickly and fade the colors.
Some colors fade especially fast so always wash in cold water. If you can handwash them and hang them to dry, it would be even better for the comfortable fit and long wear life of your yoga pants.
Q: How long does a pair of Yoga leggings last?
A: The answer to this question relies mostly on the type of fabric your yoga pants are made from as well as how often you wear them. As mentioned above, how you care for them when wearing and washing will also play a factor in how long they last. Be sure to have several pairs of yoga pants so your only pair doesn’t get the brunt of use and doesn’t wear out quickly. Be sure to wash, dry, and store appropriately. And be sure to choose a fabric material or blend that is durable enough to handle many hours at yoga class.
Tips for Buying & Wearing Yoga Pants
We reviewed what we feel are good quality Yoga pants and leggings here in our guide, you need to know how to make the right choice but also how to get the most out of that purchase.
Tip #1: Invest in Quality
While the prices of leggings and yoga pants have gone down significantly in the last few years, much of that is due to the quality of many new brands that jumped on the bandwagon and made inferior products. The companies that produce higher quality yoga pants had to lower their prices to compete, which works well for you. You can get a high-quality pair today for what you would have paid for a cheap pair in 2016. The investment in a quality pair of yoga pants will pay off when they last longer and make you look better!
Tip #2: Add Style
When the popularity of yoga pants exploded and you first started seeing everyone on the street wearing them, there wasn’t a lot of choices in styles. Today, you can get everything from solid colors to intricate patterns. Some patterns even utilize several types of fabric. Capri yoga pants, as well as fleece and fur-lined designs, help you keep in style all year ‘round.
Tip #3: Keep Your Yoga Pants Clean
We mentioned above how to wash your yoga pants. We should stress the importance of washing them thoroughly and regularly as well. When you wear your yoga pants to the Tuesday evening class, and the Thursday morning class, and the Sunday afternoon class without washing them, they are harboring bacteria. Having this against your skin for extended periods may lead to skin irritation. Wash them after every use.
Tip #4: Mix Things Up a Bit
It’s not just the bacteria, mentioned above, that can cause skin irritation when wearing yoga pants. If worn regularly, your skin won’t be able to breathe well, which can cause heat bumps and even swollen hair follicles. Women who wear yoga pants most days out of the week may even find they get frequent yeast infections.
By mixing up what types of pants you wear, you can avoid this. And it gives you even more reason to look forward to yoga class… you get to wear your yoga pants!
IUGA Bootcut Yoga Pants With Pockets For Women
It’s great to see so many colorful, trendy yoga pants on the market. But where can we find a solid classic pair? Classic yoga pants look sleek and blend into a lot of different environment. And they last forever! Luckily, IUGA created the Bootcut Yoga Pants with Pockets for Women to do just that. But they’re even better than a standard pair of yoga pants because they look like business casual. But unlike like the Arolina pant, they look like your classic every day pair of pants rather than airing on the flashy side.
The Bootcut Yoga Pants feature four functional pockets. And lets be real, finding good functional pockets in women’s clothing isn’t an easy feat. The two front pockets are deep enough to store a small wallet or loose items. The rear pockets are smaller but still functional. We love these pants because they translate well into both fitness environments and the business world. Most people find that these pants are also true to size, which is great because it prevents you from having to deal with messy returns or exchanges. Like many yoga pants, the Bootcut Yoga Pants involve a slight compression. So there’s a bit of natural tummy tucking, but they don’t make you feel like a sausage.
These pants are a great addition to any collection because of their versatility, pocket storage and flattering design. Whether you’re going out for a night on the town or keeping it classy in your workplace, these pants are sure to keep you comfortable as long as you’re wearing them.
- 4 pockets Summer Cool Fabric
- Made in USA or Imported
- Supremely Comfy and Soft：IUGA bootcut pants have 25% of Spandex, and are super stretchy and soft. 75% Polyester retains its shape and is very durable, easily washed and dried. When you put them on they feel like a second skin, they fit comfortably on the waist, hips and legs. They are thick enough for work dress pants and non-see through guaranteed.
- Love the Pants with Pockets? The 2 deep front pockets and 2 back pockets are probably one of the favorite features. You put your house key in there when you go to walk the dog; you’re staying in a hotel and need somewhere to keep your room card when working out in the gym; you’re dashing off to the store and want to slip a $20 in your pocket. That’s why we all LOVE pockets.
- Modified Classic Style with DIY Option: Featuring a boot cut leg, our high waist work pants flatter every body type and shape. The classic style is elevated to today’s standards with a tighter fit through the leg, tapering to a relaxed boot cut opening at the ankle. Besides if you fall outside of the “Regular” inseam length or standard sizing, all you need is a little “DIY”, simply cut off the extra part to tailor your inseam length.
- Occasions: Still searching for the ideal pants for workout or office time? Introducing IUGA stretch boot leg work pant for women. No more still trousers! Now you can spend your entire work day feeling comfortable in something that is designed with today’s busy working woman in mind. The flared leg is more versatile than a legging for work, playing outdoors or even lounging around the house.
- Must Highly Recommended Brand: IUGA is a lifestyle brand that combines style, comfort, fit, and performance. The high quality active wear is both affordable and accessible, perfect for fitness enthusiasts and everyday leisure. Rest assured that you will receive a quality product from Amazon’s #1 seller of athletic leggings and other leisure products. Consumers love our products and our reviews speak for themselves.
- Front pockets
- Rear pockets
- 4-way stretch fabric
- 80 percent Polyester, 20 percent Spandex
- Material: Polyester, Spandex
- Size Range: XS-3XL
- Color Options: 8 options
- Brand: IUGA
- Functional pockets
- Pass as business casual
- Classic style
- IUGA is a great brand
- Not see through
- Not high-waisted
Colorfulkoala Women’s High Waisted Pattern Leggings Full-Length Yoga Pants
If you’re looking for a colorful-yet-comfortable pair of yoga pants, look no further. Colorfulkoala’s high waisted, patterned leggings come in 20 different styles, so you can find the perfect color or pattern. Whether you’re looking for camo, reindeer or just a stylish print, there’s an option that will fit your desires. But the pros don’t end here!
These yoga pants feature a hidden pocket, so you can keep small items in your pants. The soft compression helps tuck your tummy without making you feel suffocated. If you’re hoping to increase the amount of compression in your pants, you can opt for a smaller size without worrying about the durability of your pants. And the waistband is seamless, so you won’t have to worry about elastic getting twisted when you wash your pants.
With Colorfulkoala’s yoga leggings, you can get the stylish prints without compromising quality. Other users comment that they’re safe to use while doing squats and other fitness poses. Additionally, they’re flattering to your shape! Finding a comfortable pair of workout pants that is durable and also makes you look good is a tough endeavor in itself. But Colorfulkoala makes it look easy. It’s good to note that the fabric is synthetic and feels smooth to the touch rather than fluffy or plush. Since these yoga pants are designed for an active lifestyle, they combine a polyester and spandex blend, making them feel synthetic. But due to this choice of fabrics they’re also very elastic and less likely to trap in moisture.
- 75% Polyester, 25% Spandex
- Designed to complement curves and flatter your figure
- Fabricated to be soft with compression that feels like a gentle hug
- Detailed with unique pattern
- Hidden waistband pocket
- Approx. 28″ inseam
- Tons of color and print options
- 75 percent polyester, 25 percent spandex
- Hidden pocket
- Soft compression
- Material: Polyester, spandex
- Size Range: X-small to X-large
- Color Options: 20 options
- Brand: Colorfulkoala
- Great color and print options
- High-waisted and slightly compressed
- Hidden pocket
- Sizing runs small
ChiangmaiThaiShop 100% Cotton Baggy Boho Aladin Yoga Harem Pants
Yogis believe that surrounding yourself with organic matter keeps you grounded, which is why many Gurus encourage their students to wear 100 percent cotton clothing. The ChiangmaiThaiShop makes that easy with their 100 percent cotton Baggy Boho Aladin Yoga Pants. This unique pair of pants is intentionally loose-fitting to accommodate your yoga practice. Whether you’re someone who loves a heated flow or a bendy yin class, these pants will get you through it all. They’re durable, breathable and stylish all at the same time!
Due to the cotton construction, Chiangmai suggests that you hand wash these pants rather than running them through the washing machine. Doing so will prevent your pants from shrinking and it’ll ensure that you get the most life out of your pair.
With 42 different print and color options available, you can choose a pair of Aladin pants that fits your style. And on top of all the cool colors, each pair includes two pockets and a drawstring. The drawstring is a great feature because it makes them adjustable. So, it’s possible that you’ll still be wearing these pants in 15 years (regardless of your clothes size). Additionally, the sizing on these Harem pants is a really nice feature. The same pair of pants can fit anyone with a 26” – 42” waist. This means that they’re incredibly adjustable, which is also great for fitness classes. Whether you’re looking for a versatile pair of Aladin pants or you’d just like a unique option to add to your wardrobe, the Cotton Baggy Boho Pants are unlikely to disappoint.
- 100% Cotton,The cloth feels soft on skin and breathes very well. It is really comfortable and great for relaxation.
- Imported 100% Cotton,UNISEX: The pants looks great on everyone. You can pair it up with a t-shirt / top to. They are great for lounging around and for use at homes
- Made from 100% soft cotton, For Yoga, Maternity, Casual, For Summer or Autumn, Beach, Street Dance, day-to-day relaxation,you can wear it around the house and travel. Size S-XL: Elastic Waist for 26″ – 42″ , Hips up free , Length approx. 37″ Size L-XXL: Elastic Waist for 30″ – 46″ , Hips up free, Length approx 41″, 2 pocket.Elasticated waistband and elasticated openings at the ankles.Waisted pants with a rope tied to fit. Luo furnished with beaded wood.
- Beach wrap trousers, Yoga clothing Super comfy. amazing so comfortable and fits real nice. Perfect relaxing pants. Very comfortable pants for relaxing around the house on a warm day. Awesome unisex pants.
- Wash before use. Will increase the softness. Hand Wash, Cold Water, Wash Separately, Hang to dry, Super Soft, Breathable, Premium Thai cotton.
- Super Soft, Durable, Breathable, Premium Thai cotton
- Color Disclaimer: Due to monitor settings, monitor pixel definitions, we cannot guarantee that the color you see on your screen as an exact color of the product. We strive to make our colors as accurate as possible. However, colors are approximations of actual colors.
- 100 percent cotton
- Should be hand washed
- Soft, durable and breathable
- Material: Cotton
- Size Range: S-XXL
- Color Options: 42 options
- Brand: Chiangmai Thai Shop
- Flexible sizing
- 100 percent cotton
- Color options
- Must be hand washed
Neleus Women’s Yoga Pant Running Workout Leggings With Pocket Tummy Control High Waist
Neleus’s Women’s Yoga Pants are a great option for anyone who’s looking for a multi-functional pair of pants. The stretchy combination of polyester and spandex fabrics makes these pants perfect for a bendy yoga class. But they’re also durable, and will be able to handle long bouts of running and other types of exercise in style. As a runner, I’m fond of the tummy tucking abilities because it makes me feel like my body isn’t flopping around while I’m doing sprints. But they’re also, simply, flattering.
While these pants will probably hold up to a cold cycle in the washing machine, it’s usually best to let them air dry to prevent potential shrinkage. Or if you’re really particular about your fitness wear, just hand wash them entirely. Additionally, these pants tend to run tight. So, it might be in your best interest to air on the larger size. Most Neleus pant fanatics agree that the waist sizing is on point, and it typically reaches your belly button.
Another great feature is the front pocket. When you’re not running or doing yoga, you might find this pocket convenient for small item storage. The average smartphone fits within this pocket. But you could also keep a small wallet or key here. Ultimately, Neleus’s Women’s Yoga Pants offer a reliable and multi-functional pant option for those who live a sweaty life. Whether you’re looking for a pair of casual pants that highlights your shape or you just want a slight compression during your run, these pants will do the trick.
- 85% Polyester / 15% spandex
- Made in USA or Imported
- Elastic closure
- Ignore the “Size Chart” provided by amazon,check the size chart of the third picture to select the appropriate size
- Only one pocket on sides, it’s big enough to put phone X Plus, and hold it very steady; Using 4 way Stretch & Non See-through Fabric
- Nelsus Power Flex Pants for women are made from the highest quality fabrics designed to remove moisture from your body, providing maximum comfort.
- The High Waist Tummy Control Leggings by Nelsus are the affordable yoga pants whether you’re working out in the gym or lounging at home
- Perfect Leggings for yoga, exercise, fitness, gym, running, any type of workout or everyday use. Neleus active wear combine fashion, function and performance
- Front Pocket
- Tummy control waist
- Designed to remove moisture from your body
- Combines function and performance
- Material: Polyester, spandex
- Size Range: Xs-XXL
- Color Options: 6 options
- Brand: Neleus
- Includes pocket
- Tummy control waist
- Moisture wicking
- Slightly see-through
IXIMO Women’s Casual Cotton Linen Baggy Pants
Depending on your lifestyle, a pair of quality Cotton Pants will get you through almost every kind of event. Whether you’re out with friends or braving a hot yoga class, they offer a terrific option for anyone who doesn’t like constrictive clothing. Enter: IXIMO’s Casual Cotton Linen Baggy Pants. These pants are everything a person could dream of. They fit in a loose manner without making you look like you’re wearing a potato sack. The elastic waistband helps you feel at ease. It’s about an inch and a quarter wide, so it shouldn’t dig into your skin. And the solid color choices make it easy to match your pants with nearly any shirt.
You might find it helpful to note that these pants are imported from China. However, the sizes fit like American sizes. So, if you’re usually a Medium in American clothing, that should work for these pants as well. But since these pants use a substantial amount of cotton fabric, they’ll likely shrink. The manufacturer suggests that you either hand wash or place these pants on a gentle cycle with a washing bag (to prevent potential snags and tares).
Other people who have worn ISIMOs Casual Cotton Linen Pants have noted that the fabric feels more like a linen/polyester blend. But the fabric is slightly heavy, so it makes these pants hang really nicely without feeling bulky. Ultimately, if you’re looking for a loose fitting pair of pants, IXIMO’s Casual Cotton Linen Baggy Pants offers an option that’s comfortable yet functional.
- 80% Linen and 20% Cotton ,Mid-Weight ,0.50kg/piece,Suggest Hand Wash or soft machine wash with washing bag
- Solid Color,Elastic Waist,Low Crotch,Wide Leg ,Long Length,Casual Relax fit Baggy pants with side pockets.
- Wide Leg,Lantern pants,Fashion Bloomers style Pants, Loose fit Casual leisure linen pants
- 7 Colors,5 Sizes to choose ,Good for spring ,fall and summer ,you can match with t-shirts,sweatshirts,sweaters,tank tops ,blouses,tees and so on.perfect for casual,daily wear ,travel,work,house wear,dance,yoga and so on
- Detail Size: S-Waist:26.77″,M-Wasit:29.13″,L-Waist:30.71″,XL-Waist:32.28″,XXL-Waist:34.65″
- 80 percent linen, 20 percent cotton
- Solid Color, Elastic waist band
- 8 colors, 5 sizes
- Material: Linen, Cotton
- Size Range: S-XXL
- Color Options: 20 options
- Brand: IXIMO
- Uses natural fabrics
- Relaxed fit
- Quality fabrics
- Durable design
- Sizes run large
We demand a lot from our Yoga pants. We expect them to not only look good but be comfortable wearing them all day. We want them to be durable and able to stand up to frequent washing while wicking away moisture and keeping us dry. The 5 Yoga pants reviewed in our Best Yoga Pant Review Guide For This Year will be a good starting point to finding an ideal pair.