Best Washable Dog Beds Review Guide For 2023-2024
Best Washable Dog Beds Review Guide For 2023-2024 – Every dog needs a good place to rest, and a dedicated bed is probably the best option. At the same time, no dog owner wants to worry about cleaning that bed on a daily basis.
That’s why it can be very helpful to get a dog bed with a removable cover. When it gets soiled, it can easily be removed and washed in a machine. This is good because all of us can use a little extra time and convenience. To see our picks keep reading our Best Washable Dog Beds Review Guide For 2023-2024.
Milliard Quilted Padded Orthopedic Dog Bed – The Softest Amazon’s Choice
This bed is made with super-comfortable egg crate foam, and this is probably its main selling point. This structure provides an effective mix of support and comfort, mostly because it consists of durable memory foam with a padded pillow top. For those who like pillow-top mattresses, this bed can be a good way to keep your dog off your bed.
As this one looks like a human mattress, it is likely to make your dog feel more like a human, which is always a plus. The bed is available in several sizes, and they should be big enough for even the extra-large dogs. It’s also one of the more affordable items on our list.
We do see a few issues here, with the biggest being the lack of waterproofing. It is sure that your dog will wet this bed sooner or later, and there is nothing to prevent it from soaking into the material. Apart from that, it’s a little too bulky to make a good travel bed.
- Orthopedic Support: Our orthopedic pet bed uses durable egg crate luxe foam for ultimate support and comfort.
- Luxury and Comfort: The thick pillowtop layer adds comfort for dogs young and old.
- Easy Care: Just unzip the cover and throw in the washing machine for easy convenient cleaning.
- Milliard Guarantee: If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, neither are we. We’re so sure you’ll love this dog mattress, that we are willing to back it 100%.
- Holds its shape for a long time
- Makes the dog feel more like a human
- Available in sizes for all dogs
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Fairly cheap
- Not well-suited as a travel bed
- Cover is not waterproof
Kopecks 7-inch Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed – The Best Support
Memory foam dog beds are very popular, especially with those who own older dogs. This is because they provide bone and joint support that is often needed for these cases.
This one provides excellent support, and is guaranteed not to lose its shape. If you want to make sure your dog has a healthy skeletal system, this isn’t a bad way to go.
The outer covering is the most distinctive feature here. It consists of two layers, one of which is a soft outer layer. The inner layer is fully waterproof and seems to do its job fairly well.
However, some reviewers claim that liquids can seep through if given enough time. Still, it will at least give you time to clean up the mess. This one is a little bit on the expensive side, but it offers a high quality level.
- Your Spoiled one spends more than half its life sleeping. A KOPEKS memory Foam Bed Will immediately become their favorite spot!
- Special loving: great for pets with Arthritis or joint and muscle issues
- Dimensions: 50”L x 34”W x 7” thick memory foam plus a 3” thick pillow
- Premium memory foam: hypo-allergenic – Compare to therapeutic foam found in high end mattress stores
- Double layer protection – interior cover: 7” thick Orthopedic Memory Foam with a waterproof Fabric Zippered Cover exterior cover: soft, plush Suede with an Ant-Slip bottom zippered cover
- Compare with similar items
- Provides excellent support
- Will never lose its shape
- Outer covering is reasonably waterproof
- Bolster pad makes a good pillow
- Covering has two layers for extra durability
- Somewhat expensive
- Waterproofing could be better
Dogbed4less Memory Foam Dog Bed – The Most Durable
This looks to be the toughest bed on our list, and its design reflects that. It is nice and simple, with no special features that stand out. As such, it is good for those who prefer a combination of simplicity and effectiveness. A simpler construction means fewer things that can go wrong.
The only “gimmick” we see relates to the foam itself. This foam is supposed to help your dog regulate their body temperature, staying cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Unfortunately, they don’t do a good job of explaining how that is supposed to work. Since the dog cannot speak up and tell us how it works, we have no way to verify if this thing works as advertised.
Still, we do like the cover on this one. It’s a double-layered cover like the last one, but this one seems a little more thoroughly waterproof. The microsuede on the sides will hold a little bit of moisture, but not enough to cause a significant problem.
- WATERPROOF LINER + 2 EXTERNAL COVERS – This bed comes with x1 Water proof internal zipper cover to protect the memory foam, x1 Durable washable khaki color MicroSuede external zipper cover + x1 Free bonus MicroSuede brown non slip external case and x1 gel infused XL memory foam pad at 40″ Length X 35″ Width X 4″ Thick.
- SUEDE WASHABLE COVER – Comfortable and heavy weight 200 GSM Microfiber Faux Suede with strong zipper and extra stitching to prolong the life of the pet bed. Available in small medium to jumbo large 5 sizes. Best quality you’ll find in orthopedic dog beds.
- MEMORY FOAM ORTHOPEDIC SUPPORT – Top rated quality extra large 40″X35″X4″ hypoallergenic high density 100% gel infused memory foam pad provide the support and relieves the pain of arthritis, will not flat overtime to promote better sleep and healthy joint.
- MORE THAN JUST A NORMAL BED – Better than average human grade mattress with conforming therapeutic comfort. The combined benefits of pressure point relief, alignment support, cooler sleeping surface and less allergens come together to create the ideal environment for deeper and more restful sleep.
- HIGHEST QUALITY – Premium materials with a full layer of high-density memory foam + heavyweight cover, quality construction and smart features providing many years of comfort and support with excellent value for your money. Try it yourself and you will love it too.
- Construction is pretty sturdy overall
- Nice and simple
- Designed to regulate body temperature
- Fully waterproof
- Double-layered cover
- Easy for the dog to roll out of bed
- No real explanation of the temperature effects
Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed – The Warmest And Coziest Amazon’s Choice
This bed is enclosed on all sides with thick bolsters, except for a small gap in the front. This, of course, is meant to help with entry and exit, and in no way compromised the comfort of the bed.
This one is intended to make your dog feel enclosed and protected, much like they would in a natural den. The price is reasonable and the product seems pretty tough.
We like the fact that this one is made with human-grade memory foam. In fact, it’s made with foam that would normally be used for baby beds.
Thus, you know it is soft enough for your pet. The cover is a good combination of softness and waterproofing. However, the microsuede lining, in spite of being pretty thin, is still bound to hold some moisture.
This one is also designed to shed hair so that it doesn’t accumulate. While this feature does not keep all dog hair from sticking, it does reduce the problem by a large margin. The only problem here is that this bed is meant for dogs who sleep in one position, and may not be well-liked by dogs who prefer to stretch out when they sleep.
- Designed with extra care, your pet’s comfort is our priority, Your dog will get a solid night’s sleep in this luxurious bed, The cushioned plush poly-fill bolster provides your dog exceptional comfort, even for dogs with joint pain or arthritis
- Water-resistant liner and human-grade mattress foam, this orthopedic bed has been put to the test proven to be durable and long lasting
- Bed Size: 36in x 28 in x 9 inch, Huge clearance is perfect for a couple smaller pets who like it cozy or 1 medium dog or 1 large dog breed up to 75lbs, Great head, hip and bone support
- Pet-Loving parents will score major points from their dogs with this new, ideal and comfy bed
- Easy to Clean: Soft, removable cover is durable, and machine-washable, You can remove the cover anytime with the YKK pure metal zippers and keep your pet’s bed clean, Non-skid, non-slip bottom, Fur and Hair resistant & anti-tear cover
- Enclosed nature creates a den-like area
- Reasonably priced
- Made with human-grade foam
- Cover is both soft and waterproof
- Surface of the bed is made to shed hair
- Bolsters will probably flatten a little over time
- Meant for one sleeping position only
Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed – Best for Large Dogs
This is the most expensive bed on our list, and we can see that it’s definitely the “high-end” option. One look at this bed will tell you that someone put a little more effort into its design.
This company has a pretty good reputation and has been making dog beds for about fifty years. When you combine that with a ten-year guarantee, you are definitely getting something that will last a while.
The bed itself is very thick, providing plenty of insulation between your dog and the ground. For cold climates, this is especially important, and this one is made with four different kinds of memory foam.
They are arranged in layers for specific reasons, which is probably why the bed does such an excellent job of keeping its shape.
This one does a good job of shedding moisture, and the memory foam will absorb very little anyway.
At the same time, many dog owners will find this one to be outside their price range, and it isn’t tough enough to stand up against the worst chewers. This product is best suited for dogs that are a little calmer and is also obviously designed for large dogs.
- CALIBRATED FOR BIG DOGS: Available in Large, XL, Giant XXL dog bed sizes. Too powerful for small dogs.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN: University of Pennsylvania study data showed less pain, more mobility after using a Big Barker for just 28 days.
- 10 YEAR WARRANTY: American made therapeutic foam is the best quality you’ll find in orthopedic dog beds. Won’t flatten or pancake over time.
- MADE IN THE USA: Handmade by experienced craftsmen and craftswomen in our small Pennsylvania workshop.
- EASY TO CLEAN: machine washable. 100% Micro-suede cover. Soft to the touch, looks great in your home.
- Guaranteed to last for ten years
- Extremely thick
- Uses four different types of foam
- Cover fabric sheds moisture well
- Has an upscale and distinguished look
- Most expensive item on our list
- Won’t stand up to dedicated chewers
AmazonBasics Round Bolster Dog Bed – Best for Small Dogs Amazon’s Choice
This is the most inexpensive item on our list, and by a pretty wide margin. This is just your basic round dog bed, but it’s a good example of such. The round shape is perfect for those dogs who like to curl up in a ball to sleep. The faux-wool is sure to be nice and warm and to give this bed the softness that its stuffing does not give.
Because there is no memory foam in there, this bed doesn’t offer the same level of support as the others. However, it does have the removable cover that we want.
Due to its small size, this one can fit easily into any washer or dryer. We do like the thick canvas that can be seen on the sides and bottom. This material provides much better resistance to clawing and tearing.
This one isn’t big enough for small dogs. At just 20 inches across, it would almost be better suited for a cat. Still, it’s a great option for small indoor dogs. We aren’t really sure why, but it’s also offered in an octagon shape.
- Round pet bed offers a safe, cozy place for a cat or small dog to snooze
- Plush flannel top surface for supreme softness; polyester canvas sides and bottom for strength
- Curved, slightly raised edge for added structure and a pillow-like surface
- Machine washable for easy cleaning. Machine wash separately in cool water with mild detergent; do not use bleach; do not tumble dry; line dry; do not dry clean or iron; dry completely before use; reshape if needed
- Measures 20 by 20 by 6 inches; weighs 1.1 pounds
- Recommended for extra-small and toy breeds such as Chihuahuas and Toy Poodles (up to 12 lbs), and small breeds such as Boston Terriers and Beagles (13 – 25 lbs)
- Very inexpensive compared to the others
- Round shape is great for dogs who like to curl up
- Thick canvas sides and bottom
- Cover fits easily in a washer or dryer
- 1-year warranty
- Only good for small dogs
- Support could be better
Best Washable Dog Beds Buying Guide For 2023-2024
In this section, we will concentrate on the qualities that you need to look for in a good dog bed. This can be used as a guide when evaluating any dog bed.
Most of the beds on this list are a little bit expensive. As such, it is important to choose one that will last for a while. Otherwise, it can quickly become a waste of money. For this reason, we don’t recommend that you get an expensive bed for dogs that are prone to destructive chewing. They can turn a large investment into a pile of shredded foam and cloth very quickly.
You should look at the thickness of the cover here, as the cover will take most of the abuse. It is sure to be clawed even if your dog doesn’t intend to do so. We can’t tell you how many times we have seen otherwise fine dog beds that had thin, fragile liners. Don’t be afraid to unzip the covering just a bit and feel the fabric’s thickness with your fingers.
It is very important to get a bed that will suit the size of your dog. Some beds are designed for large dogs while others are designed for small dogs, and the size will reflect these differences in design.
In general, large dogs need more support, as their greater weight makes them more likely to develop bone and joint problems. We would recommend that you measure your dog while they are sleeping, as this will tell you how much room they need for optimal comfort.
To be more specific, measure the area that they occupy when sleeping in their favorite position.
Inevitably, you will have to deal with the possibility of your dog wetting the bed. Like children, they do this pretty often.
While you cannot always keep this from happening, you can be better prepared for the situation. For that reason, we recommend that you always choose one with a waterproof liner.
Of course, you have to remember that the term “waterproof” can be quite relative.
There are different levels of waterproofing, and not all of them are good enough. Thus, when you buy a new bed, you should always do a simple spill test. Just take a glass of water and pour it on the bed to see how easily it soaks into the material. If the bed does not shed any of the water, you should probably take it back.
Because your dog cannot speak up and tell you how comfortable their bed is, this one will require some guesswork. Still, it’s not that hard of a decision.
In general, dogs find comfort in the same things that we do. Thus, you can just look at a bed and ask yourself if you would enjoy sleeping there. Ideally, you want something with thick padding, strong support, and a soft outer covering. If the bed has bolsters (those little pillows on the side), so much the better.
Many high-end dog beds will offer some kind of guarantee or warranty. Because this is an item used by animals, and because the good ones are so expensive, you should always look for this when looking for the best washable dog beds.
Not only that, but you need to read the terms of that guarantee/warranty and make sure there aren’t too many exceptions in there. Obviously, longer warranties are preferred.
We hope that we have given you all the information that you need in order to choose the right product. Choosing the best dog bed for your canine friend is a big decision, as it will become an important part of your dog’s world.
It is said that these animals spend almost half their life sleeping, so it’s worth it to spend a little bit more and get something that offers a high level of quality. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Washable Dog Beds Review Guide For 2023-2024.