Best Vegan Protein Powders Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Vegan Protein Powders Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Most of us get plenty of protein from the foods we eat. But if you’re a plant-based athlete, getting enough protein from food alone to support your hardcore training regimen may be a challenge. Protein powder can be an easy and efficient way to refuel your body post-workout and build muscle, but finding a quality vegan protein powder can be a challenge since most popular protein powders usually contain dairy ingredients like whey or casein.
Plant-based protein powders are commonly made from things like peas, soy, rice, and seeds. They usually contain fewer additives than animal-based options, but most plant-based proteins, like beans and whole grains, are considered incomplete sources since they are low in one or more essential amino acids. That’s why you’ll notice many vegan protein powders contain a blend of ingredients to reach the desired essential amino acid profile or have a base of soy which is one of the few complete sources of vegan protein. To find out even more keep reading our Best Vegan Protein Powders Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Raw Hemp Seed Protein Powder
This organic plant-based pick not only offers 15 grams of protein per serving, but it’s also an excellent source of fiber making this option a nutrient-dense powerhouse. Made with only one ingredient (organic hemp seed protein), this no-nonsense option easily mixed into liquids, though it will settle over time, so drink up! It makes the perfect addition to smoothies and has an earthy flavor that pairs well with peanut butter and banana.
- Rich in plant protein, fiber, magnesium, iron, zinc, and sustainable source of amino acids, fatty acids, protein, and edestin—one serving provides 15 grams of raw organic protein and 8 grams of fiber (32% DV) with no trans or saturated fats
- Made from raw hemp seed and gently cold-pressed without the use of hexane, preservatives, additives or added sugar for a clean, plant-based protein that’s high in Omega 3 fats and antioxidants
- Delicious light nutty flavor easily blends into smoothies, shakes, yogurt and more for vegetarian, vegan, raw, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets
- Nutiva partners with Canadian farmers to source the world’s finest organic, non-GMO, sustainably grown hemp seeds and stringently adheres to USDA certified organic and non-GMO guidelines to deliver superfood that is good for you and good for the planet
- Balance of omega 6 Gamma Linoleic Acid (GLA) to omega-3 Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) for balanced diet
NOW Sports Nutrition, Pea Protein 24 G
Another top pick, this unflavored powder boasts 24 grams of non-GMO pea protein isolate and nothing else, a key distinguishing factor from other protein powders on the market. And if you’re looking for a protein powder that supports weight loss, your best bet is an unflavored single-ingredient pick like this one that can be easily added to smoothies, shakes, or even a latte to make a more substantial protein-packed beverage.
- Same trusted quality with a brand new look! Packaging may vary
- PURE, UNFLAVORED PEA PROTEIN POWDER: NOW Sports Pea Protein is a non-GMO vegetable protein isolate that has 24 grams of easily-digested protein. Each 1 scoop serving typically has over 4,200 mg of branched-chain amino acids and over 2,000 mg of arginine. (Non-GMO Project Verified, No Artificial Sweeteners, Vegan/Vegetarian, Kosher, Soy Free, Dairy Free, Steroid Free)
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations, when provided.
Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Vanilla Powder
This certified vegan and organic option is soy-free, and made from a protein blend of pea and ancient grains. One scoop packs in 22 grams of plant-based protein for only 110 calories, 2 grams of carbs, and no added sugar making it a top pick for those following a low-carb diet. With an added probiotics and enzymes blend, it also can promote digestive regularity. It has a nutty, earthy flavor, and a slightly gritty texture so it’s best blended into smoothies.
- Made in US
- Made in US
- High protein: 22 grams of complete, sugar free plant protein from USA grown peas and 13 Raw organic sprouts
- Post workout recovery: Help your muscles recover with a clean nutritional shake and get back in the gym faster
- Vitamins and minerals: This delicious vanilla protein powder includes fat soluble Raw food created vitamins A, D, E and K
- Protein powder with probiotics: Tasty, 110 calorie smooth protein shake with 3 billion CFU probiotics and enzymes for easy digestion
- Vegan protein powder: Organic, gluten free, vegan, dairy free, soy free, non GMO whole food protein
Garden of Life Sport Organic Plant Based Protein Powder Vanilla
If you’re a serious athlete, you may want to opt for Garden of Life’s organic sport variety that offers 30 grams of complete protein in one serving, as well as 5.5 grams of non-synthetic BCAAs from organic ingredients and 5 grams of glutamine that are all imperative to help reduce recovery time. The protein blend features ingredients like peas, navy beans, and lentils. Plus, this variety includes an added blend of antioxidant-rich ingredients like tart cherries and blueberries to promote faster recovery. It’s also NSF Certified for Sport (a go-to recommendation for athletes, since it’s approved for use by the United States Anti-Doping Agency).
- Organic sport protein: Certified USDA organic, Non-GMO project verified, NSF certified for the sport, informed choice for sport certified, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, no added sugars
- Post workout recovery: Our Garden of Life Vegan Protein helps you refuel & repair muscles after a hard workout with 30 grams of complete protein and over 5 grams BCAA amino acids, glutamine & glutamic acid
- Recovery drinks: This sport protein powder promotes faster recovery with an organic high antioxidant blend of organic tart cherries, organic apples, organic turmeric, organic Gogi berries and organic blueberries
- Immune system support: This BCAAs amino acid powder contains 2 billion CFU probiotic blend to keep your immune system strong during training
- Certified clean: Breath easy knowing this vegan amino acid powder is clean and free of any banned substances
Vega Sport Premium Protein Powder Amazon’s Choice
This certified vegan option isn’t organic but is non-GMO and packs in 30 grams of plant-based protein from sources like pea and pumpkin seed. It’s also NSF Certified for Sport, and contains 5 grams of BCAAs, as well as tart cherry for recovery. And with 2 billion CFU probiotics, it rounds things out by supporting healthy digestion. It mixes well but is on the thicker side, and take note that it has 400mg sodium per serving, which may be beneficial for serious athletes but not ideal for someone following a low-sodium diet.
- 30 Grams of plant based protein powder with 5 gram BCAA amino acids and 5 gram Glutamic Acid. Amino Acid profile containing 9 essential amino acids pea protein powder, pumpkin seed, organic sunflower seed.
- Support recovery post workout with ingredients like tart cherry, turmeric extract and 2 billion CFU probiotics (bacillus coagulans) to help build muscle and support recovery.
- Made for athletes – NSF Certified for Sport, Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified Vegan protein powder and gluten free.
- Keto-friendly protein powder for women and men with 4 gram net carbs, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors, lactose and dairy free, soy free and non whey. Not a medical food
- Smooth taste and texture, just blend or shake with water or your choice of beverage post workout – or even add some fruit to make a tasty protein packed smoothie
- 19 Servings per container, contents may settle during shipping. Don’t worry, that’s normal. You’re still getting all the servings listed on your product.
5LB 100% Pea Protein Powder from North American Farms
This no-nonsense certified vegan protein from Naked Nutrition is made exclusively from raw yellow peas grown in the USA and Canada. Testers liked that the simple flavor was not overpowering in smoothies and blended well. A serving has 120 calories, only 2 grams of carbs, and a whopping 27 grams of protein. It’s also a certified gluten-free pick, and the brand is very transparent with all products undergoing independent third-party testing. Heavy metal analysis results are published on their website too. If you don’t tolerate pea protein, they also make a Naked Rice variety made from brown rice protein, and a Naked PB powdered peanut butter that has 6 grams of protein per scoop.
- ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: 100% Yellow Pea Protein with zero additives. Naked Pea contains no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO-Free, Soy Free and Gluten-Free.
- VEGETARIAN AND VEGAN PROTEIN POWDER: Dairy Free and made solely from raw yellow peas grown on environmentally friendly farms in both the USA and Canada.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 27g of Protein, 2g of Sugar, 2g of Carbs, 120 Calories, and 5.7g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- PROTEIN SHAKES AND RECIPES: Create pure pea protein shakes, vegan smoothies and healthy green drinks. Provide your body with the daily protein it needs by adding to tea, sauces, and other recipes.
- CLEAN MUSCLE GAINS: Now pea protein can help maintain a clean diet, but you can also use our vegan pea protein powder in pre and post workout shakes, smoothies and recipes for maximum recovery.
PlantFusion Complete Plant Based Pea Protein Powder
This certified vegan and non-GMO choice has 21 grams of protein from peas, artichokes, and algae. PlantFusion as a brand is committed to being free of dairy, soy, rice, eggs, nuts, fish, tree nuts, shellfish, and artificial flavors and colors. Taste is subjective, but overall the vanilla flavor was rated better than other brands, and we found that it blended well. Just note that it has about 390mg sodium per scoop.
- NO CHEAP FILLERS! – Certified Non-GMO, Gluten Free and Vegan-friendly protein powder that you can feel good about. As part of our Purity Promise we are also committed to being non-dairy, non-soy, non-whey, and free of rice, eggs, nuts, fish, tree nuts, shellfish, artificial flavors and colors.
- SUSTAINS ENERGY – Our naturally flavored vanilla protein powder for men and women is packed with 21g of plant-based proteins including peas, artichokes, algae and organic superfoods, all hand-selected as part of our Select Source process.
- BUILDS & REPAIRS MUSCLE – Amino acid infused protein blend for complete balance. The only plant protein powder that compares to animal proteins like whey.
- EASY TO DIGEST – Fortified with digestive enzymes, dairy free, soy free, gluten free, and free of many other major allergens.
- NATURALLY DELICIOUS – Our Flavor Pure blend contains no artificial flavors or sweeteners and consistently ranks as one of the best tasting protein shakes by consumers. 2 Lb tub contains 30 healthy delicious servings.
KOS Organic Plant Based Protein Powder
This organic plant-protein shake was one of the best-tasting in our tests, and the chocolate flavor scored high points. We found it creamy and liked that it packs 20 grams of protein in one serving and only 2 grams of added sugar. This option features a protein blend of organic pea, flax seed, quinoa, pumpkin seed, and chia seed. Plus, it’s considered to be a complete multivitamin and has 40% of your daily Vitamin B12 needs, a tough-to-find nutrient for vegans.
Per KOS website, full-spectrum screening is conducted for contaminants and heavy metals is managed in strict accordance with USDA Organic and CCOF compliance standards.
- Amazing Flavor: Infused with organic Peruvian cacao, Himalayan salt, organic coconut milk, a dash of stevia & monk fruit, our award-winning protein blend is simply delicious! Add 2 scoops to cold water for tasty shakes or mix into smoothies & snacks.
- Weight Management: Great protein powder for weight loss. The soluble fiber in plant protein gives you that “full” feeling for a longer period of time. You eat less but not at the expense of calories. Still packed with 20g protein per serving.
- Complete Protein: Our USDA Organic vegan protein powder has a 5 protein blend of Pea, Flax Seed, Quinoa, Pumpkin Seed & Chia Seed + essential vitamins & minerals. Healthier than whey protein powder for both your body and the environment.
- Digestion Support: Enhanced with powerful digestion support by DigeSEB, a proprietary digestive enzyme blend. DigeSEB aids digestion & helps the body maximize absorption by embracing & capitalizing on its ingested nutrients.
- Responsibly Sourced: Nearly every ingredient is certified organic and free of gluten, dairy, soy, hormones, artificial sweeteners, colors, and GMOs. Made with USDA and CCOF certified ingredients.
Plant Protein+, Plant Based Protein Powder, Vanilla
While most vegan protein powders are based with soy or pea, some people are allergic or have an issue digesting those protein sources. But this option from Ancient Nutrition is void of soy or pea protein, and instead uses a protein blend based with pumpkin seed. It’s also stevia-free, USDA organic, and packs in 15g of protein for one scoop and 50% of your daily iron needs. It comes in vanilla, chocolate, and berry, and we found that it works great in smoothies.
- DELICIOUS VANILLA FLAVOR– Our delicious naturally flavored vanilla Plant Protein+ mixes instantly, and adds a wellness boost to your drink, smoothie, or favorite vegan treat!
- 15 GRAMS PROTEIN, 90 CALORIES – One serving of Ancient Nutrition Plant Protein+ Vanilla provides 15g of protein 1g of dietary fiber and 90 calories in every serving! Add a scoop to any hot or cold recipe to enjoy this vegan superfood protein powder
- BURSTING WITH BENEFITS -Organic superfood seeds to botanicals bring a wide variety of health benefits to our plant protein powder including promoting a healthy body composition and fat metabolism, increased muscle mass, healthy response to stress and more
- INGREDIENTS CLEAN & PURE SOURCES – Impeccable ingredients from all over the world ensure you’re receiving the highest quality superfoods. This plant based protein is certified organic, vegan, and sugar and stevia free
- OUR ANCIENT NUTRITION PROMISE – Not satisfied? Let us know and we’ll make it right for you!*
Amazing Grass Protein Superfood
We love the yummy chocolate peanut butter flavor of this protein powder, which is made from a blend of organic peanut flour, organic pea protein, organic hemp protein, organic chia seeds and organic quinoa. Not only does one scoop provide 20 grams of protein, but also 30% of your daily iron, a crucial mineral for supporting your body’s circulatory system. But it’s important to note that this option contains 350mg sodium which is a bit higher than other powders, and this variety has no added sugar, but gets a hint of sweetness from organic stevia.
- All-in-one Nutritional protein shake with 20g complete protein from organic pea protein, organic quinoa, Organic hemp Protein & chia.
- 7 alkalizing greens, 9 nutrient-dense fruits & veggies, 11 Carbs, 4g of sugar, 6g of fiber.
- 2 full servings of fruits & veggies per serving. Alfalfa, spirulina, chlorella, and Acai.
- Usda Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, grain-free
- Add one scoope to 12 oz or more to your beverage of choice, craft the ultimate smoothie or add to your favorite recipe.
- Allergen Information: Peanuts
Plant-Based Protein Powder | Organic Vanilla Keto Friendly Vegan Protein with MCT Oil
If you’re looking for a flavored vegan protein powder, it can be hard to find varieties made without stevia or erythritol. But ALOHA, known for their protein bars, offers this organic protein powder that uses a bit of coconut sugar, monk fruit, and ground vanilla beans for flavor. It only has 3 grams of sugar for two scoops, but packs in 18 grams of protein and only 120 calories. If a pre-made shake is more your thing, they offer that too.
- Includes 1 (1 pound 2.5 ounces) vanilla organic keto friendly vegan protein powder, 15 servings in a 100% Recyclable, Resealable Tin
- 18G organic plant-based protein (Pea Protein, Brown Rice Protein, Pumpkin Seed Protein & Hemp Seed Protein), MCT Oil from Coconut, 5g of Fiber, 3g of sugar
- Gluten-free, Soy-free, Vegan, Paleo and Keto Friendly, Low Carb, Low Sugar, No Sugar Alcohols, Dairy-Free (Lactose-Free), Non-GMO, Stevia-Free
- 12 real ingredients with complete amino acid profile, prebiotics and electrolytes. Excellent source of fiber, iron, MCT Oil from Coconut for natural energy endurance. Sweetened with Coconut Sugar
- Great tasting, healthy protein powder. Great in a shake or smoothie, snack, meal replacement and baking ingredient for healthy snacks
Nuzest Clean Lean Protein
Nuzest’s line of Clean Lean Protein is void of artificial sweeteners, and has only minimal ingredients even in its flavored varieties. They come in a standard protein powder tub, or you can opt for little portable individual packets that you can pack when you’re on-the-go. This pack also offers a variety of flavors so you can test out which one you like best. Complete with all nine essential amino acids, this option features pea protein isolate as the star ingredient.
Third-party tested for pesticides and heavy metals
Not ideal for a low-sodium diet
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
- 10 servings per box, 25 grams per serving
- 20 grams of protein per 25 gram serve (80% protein)
- Very Low fat and Carbs. Less than 1/2 gram of fat, less than 1g of net carbs
- Vegan, Dairy Free, Soy Free, GMO Free & Gluten Free
- No added sugar (less than 1/4 gram naturally occurring)
Nutrex Research Plant Protein
Just because you’re choosing a vegan protein powder doesn’t mean you should have to be confined to only vanilla and chocolate flavors. Nutrex Research offers their 100% vegan protein powder in a variety of fun flavors like strawberries and cream, cinnamon cookies, German chocolate cake, and more. The brand’s manufacturers do third-party testing, and when we chatted with the online support team they were very responsive and got us a heavy metal analysis of the powder right away.
Products undergo third-party testing
- 20 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER SERVING.
- MADE FROM 4 SOURCES OF RAW PLANT PROTEIN. YELLOW PEA PROTEIN, BROWN RICE SILK PROTEIN, PUMPKIN SEED PROTEIN, AND SUNFLOWER SEED PROTEIN.
- ALL-NATURAL VEGAIN PROTEIN CONTAINING C8 MCT OIL.
- AMAZING GOURMET TASTE! BEST IN CLASS.
- LACTOSE AND GLUTEN FREE FOR EASY DIGESTION. WITH NO ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, COLORS, OR SWEETENERS.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Vegan Protein Powders Review Guide For 2022-2023.