Best TRX Style Suspension Trainer Review Guide For 2023-2024
Best TRX Style Suspension Trainer Review Guide For 2023-2024 – A simple and convenient way to exercise at home, suspension training works by challenging your body in conditions of instability to improve your strength, flexibility, balance, and more. As long as you have access to a door, beam, tree, or some kind of strong support, you can use the equipment to work all your muscle groups. They’re far more transportable than weights but can offer a comparable amount of additional resistance. This package of clever straps and an anchor point is easy to shove in a backpack or install at home, but opens up an entirely new world of training.
When choosing a suspension trainer, look for one that’s durable and well-constructed. You’ll also want strong, smooth straps that come in varying lengths or are adjustable (so you can really vary your exercises) and comfortable handles to avoid blisters and other issues.
Whether you’re new to suspension training or you’re looking to replicate your gym workouts at home, this Best TRX Style Suspension Trainer Review Guide For 2023-2024 has some of the best suspension trainers for home use.
What is Suspension Training? What is TRX?
TRX Suspension Training originated in the US Navy, and has grown in popularity due to its simplicity, portability and the fact that it offers a complete full-body workout. It’s a popular training method utilized by many professional baseball players, military professionals, Olympic athletes, and championship UFC fighters.TRX is an abbreviation for “total body resistance exercise”, which is exactly what TRX suspension training workouts do.
Suspension training uses a series of nylon webs or suspension straps with a hook at one end, and hand grips at the other. The hook latches onto a mount, hooks around an anchor like a bar or hooks over a doorway, anchoring the straps. You can use the handles to hold or place your feet in the foot straps to perform the moves outlined in the training.
TRX and other suspension trainers use your body weight to exercise. The suspension system frees you from using a series of workout machines.
Instead, TRX and other suspension systems allow you to use your own body weight and the resistance of gravity to perform over 300 highly effective exercises. Due to the nature of using hanging straps during exercise, your core and stabilizing muscles are used to give you balance as you work each major muscle group. You may even see an increase in your flexibility as you master some of the more complicated moves.
In fact, the nature of the work out makes TRX training a great way to lose weight while toning your whole body. But if weight loss alone is your goal, check out our guide to the best exercise machines for weight loss too.
The Benefits of TRX Suspension Training:
Obviously, all effective exercise improves your health and helps build muscle. Nonetheless, TRX Suspension Training is a completely different form of fitness training from what you’re used to at the gym and suspension training has its own unique benefits.
The following differences make TRX workouts stand out among other workout programs, like CrossFit, and make TRX Suspension Training a frontrunner in terms of home fitness options.You Get a Full Body Workout in Less Time. When you’re at the gym, you may be bouncing from machine to machine to work out different muscle groups.
Machines at the gym are good for isolation movements, but usually fail with compound movements and targeting stabilizing muscles. You might spend a lot of time in the gym, using free weights, to work all the same muscles you can with the best suspension trainer. Using only one piece of equipment saves time. Plus, you don’t need to drive to the gym to get it done. Suspension trainers are perfect for the home gym due to the minimal space they require.
Work Major Muscle Groups and Stabilizing Muscles at the Same Time:
With TRX Suspension Training, you can choose to isolate and build on individual muscles or muscle groups by staying in one position and focusing all of your energy into a limited workout. But…
You will always be using core and stabilizing muscles to maintain position, or move out of position, which is what makes suspension training so well rounded. TRX involves moving around, keeping several muscles engaged at once.
TRX and suspension trainers have the variety necessary to target virtually every muscle in your body. This type of workout allows you to hit all muscle groups in one session, or focus on specific muscle groups if you choose, all using the same piece of equipment.
TRX and Other Suspension Systems Save Space and Travel Well
Tight on space? No problem. These suspension trainers originated in the Navy and were used by sailors in tight quarters.
Suspension trainers are the perfect solution for:
- Your bedroom
- Any small area
And you won’t have to give up your couch to free up space for a treadmill. Suspension trainers allow for cardio and bodyweight strength training using just one small piece of equipment. When you aren’t using it, it’s small enough to stick in a duffle bag and store in the closet or under your bed.
They’re also super portable. If you need to travel, you won’t have to disrupt your workout schedule. The kits weigh anywhere from 2 to 4 lbs and easily fit inside your luggage. You can set them up virtually anywhere. You can set your TRX system up in your hotel room door. Or take it to the park and use it with the monkey bars or a tree.
TRX is One of the Least Expensive Ways to Work Out:
Consider the cost of a gym membership. You pay start-up costs, extra fees, and monthly or annual membership. This can come close to $1,000 per year. And, if you’re building a complete home gym, that’s a lot more money.
Though home gyms are more economical when you think about how much you’ll save over time, they’re still quite a steep investment at the start. Using a TRX Suspension Training system is one of the least expensive ways to get a workout in at home. Even if you only buy a few pieces of cardio equipment and some basic home gym staples, the TRX is still a huge money saver.
For under a couple of hundred dollars you have a complete full-body workout that you can take with you just about wherever you go, or combine with other small, compact items like a pull up bar for even more variety while keeping the cost down.
Anyone Can Use TRX Suspension Training:
Some pieces of equipment are designed solely for experienced users. For example, someone who is completely new to fitness may not be able to complete a workout on an intermediate piece of equipment, like a rowing machine or a SkiErg.
Since the functions of the TRX suspension training system are so versatile and flexible, anyone of any level of fitness can start with it. A TRX suspension training system is completely human-powered.
It will work however you use it, and that’s what makes it so great. If you’re not yet at a point where you can complete an intense workout or fully commit to certain exercises, you can work at your own level and build up to the harder moves.
Start with the easier stuff, increase your reps, and eventually transition into harder workouts. It’s a simple workout you can tailor to your needs! – You don’t have to worry about hurting yourself by attempting to take on too much, too fast.
TRX GO Suspension Training
This TRX travel-friendly kit has just the basics and nothing extra to weigh you down on the go. It’s the budget-friendly alternative to other TRX kits.
The straps on this Go model are thinner and weigh less so the system is more portable. But, don’t worry, they’re plenty strong enough!
- Our Lightest, Most Convenient Travel Trainer!: TRX’s GO Suspension Trainer Kit helps you create intense full-body workouts Anytime, Anywhere! Includes Suspension Training Strap, Indoor/Outdoor Anchors, 2 Workout Guides, Training Poster & Mesh Bag—Download TRX App to Generate FREE Limitless Intensity!
- Incredible Results In Just 20 Minutes!:TRX gives you the power to hit fitness goals at home and on the go. Our digital workouts teach you EASY Core Strengthening Exercises that Build Muscle, Burn Fat, Increase Endurance & Improve Flexibility—making you Train, Look & Rapidly-Feel like a Powerful Professional Athlete NOW!
- Movement-Based Training At Your Own Pase: is TRX’s Training Philosophy. Learn, Practice & Master 7 Simple Foundational Moves that everyone can do! Push, Pull, Plank, Squat, Lunge, Hinge & Rotate to Achieve Your Dream Body Fast! Then hit next-level intensity by creating limitless workout variations you CRUSH AT YOUR OWN PACE!
- Train Everywhere!: TRX anchors to any door, rafter, beam, tree, pole or post in seconds that supports 350 lbs. Weighing only one pound, our GO Suspension Trainer Kit travels Light & Fast—giving you freedom to Master Our Patented Suspension Training Method in the comfort of your home or even while traveling!
- Includes 6-Months Access To TRX Premium App: Enjoy 6-Months of free access to the TRX premium app ($30 value) where you can explore over 1,000 workouts on your way to achieving your fitness goals.
- More lightweight and travel friendly.
- Includes door anchor and extension strap.
- Includes workout poster and two printed 20 min workouts.
- Metal clasp/carbineer can scratch doors.
- The lightest and leanest TRX trainer for those on the go.
TRX PRO3 Suspension Trainer System Design & Durability
The TRX training pro kit comes with strap extenders and an 8 week workout program. It’s reinforced as strongly as possible and built to industrial standards.
The handles are made of tough rubber, so they’re easier to pull during the most intense workouts.
- Our Most Versatile Training System!: TRX’s PRO3 Suspension Trainer Kit helps you create intense full-body workouts Anytime, Anywhere! Features 3 Suspension Anchors, Ergonomic Suspension Strap Handles, Locking Carabiner, Pro-Trainer 8-Week Workout Guide & 8 Training Videos.
- ncredible Results In Just 20 Minutes!: TRX gives you the power to hit fitness goals at home or on the go! Our digital workouts teach you EASY Core Strengthening Exercises that Rapidly Build Muscle, Burn Fat, Increase Endurance & Improve Flexibility—helping you take total control of your Health & Well-Being FAST!
- Train Everywhere!: TRX anchors to any door, rafter, beam, tree, pole or post in seconds that supports 350 lbs. Lightweight & Affordable, our PRO3 lets you train at home or in your hotel room—GET IN SHAPE FAST at sports complexes, parks and playgrounds too!
- Never Pay Pricey Gym & Personal Trainer Fees Again! Our PRO3 needs NO weights, bars or other specialized fitness equipment to help you EARN Your Dream Body NOW! GUARANTEED to reinvigorate how you Look, Feel & Think!
- Includes 6-Months Access To TRX Premium App: Enjoy 6-Months of free access to the TRX premium app ($30 value) where you can explore a range of fast, fun and effective workouts for any level on your way to achieving your fitness goals!
- Rubber handles, not foam like many cheaper models.
- Includes 8-week workout guide.
- Kit includes door anchor and extender strap.
Best suspension training straps because the quality is high and rubber handles outperform other foam types.
CrossCore Rotational Bodyweight Training System
Sometimes it’s good to be a little unbalanced. The CrossCore Rotational system works your core muscles by challenging your balance and forcing you to use stabilizing muscles to stay stable.
At the heart of the CrossCore system is a patented pulley system which makes this suspension training system different from every other one out there.
- Pin Engagement System includes easy-to-reach adjustment knob with colored markings showing locked and unlocked positions
- Lightweight, durable aluminum alloy commercial-grade pulley housing
- Pulley wheel includes high-quality sealed bearings for long-lasting, smooth rotation
- Rope Adjuster Device (RAD) lets you easily adjust handle placement and rope lengths
- Mountain climbing-grade rope is rated up to 1,200 lbs. (544 kg)
- Aluminum alloy pulley system with sealed bearings.
- Can be used in locked position for moves done in a stable position.
- Can be used as a counterweight system, with a weigh on one side, and you pulling on the other.
- High quality, mountain climbing cable.
- Door kit not included in this set, must order separately.
More than just a suspension trainer, the pulley system opens up a whole new set of training options. Easily one of the best suspension trainers 2020.
RECOIL S2 PRO – Premium Quality Suspension Trainer
Coming in at a similar price point to the TRX trainers, this isn’t a cheap product, but it has some unique pros of its own. The straps adjust the most out of any suspension trainer simply and easily at the push of a button, with a 0 – 6’ range.
It’s a very user-friendly design that is arguably more simple and easy to use than the TRX models.
- Head To Toe Adjustment: Recoil S2 has the largest primary adjustment range on the market. The straps can be adjusted all the way from head to toe and everywhere in between. Around double the range of other brands, enabling you to perform more exercises than ever before
- Push Button Adjustment: The quickest and easiest strap length adjustment of any suspension trainer. Straps adjust simultaneously to any length with the push of a button
- Durable Rubber Grips: All Recoil S2’s come with non-slip, easy to clean rubber grips as standard. Comfortable, hygienic and made to last
- User-Friendly Design: Recoil S2’s Patented design is compact, potable and efficient to use. Workout virtually anywhere without the hassle of busy gyms or expensive memberships
- Tidy And Tangle Free: The entire strap length is stored inside the device with only the required length extracted during use. There are no annoying loose ends that can become tangled
- Highly adjustable straps.
- Extremely portable.
- No issues with tangling straps.
- Excellent quality and durability.
This is the best suspension trainer if adjustability is your priority. It could be the best suspension training system overall and one we highly recommend.
We hope you enjoyed our Best TRX Style Suspension Trainer Review Guide For 2023-2024.