Best Track Saws Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Track Saws Review Guide For 2022-2023 – If you have a workshop at home, you need the right tools. Using the most ideal tools will make your work easy. It will also give you the best results.
One of the tools that most metal and woodworkers are the track saw. But do you know the best track saw for your needs? In this review guide, we will give you the top-rated track saw reviews. Our best circular saw track systems are properly researched.
We have also compared them to many other top models. Read through and get a comprehensive buying guide for your best circular saw track system right now inside our Best Track Saws Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Makita SP6000J1 Plunge Track Saw
For the workshop owner who requires the best track saw but doesn’t want to overspend, the Makita SP6000J1 6-1/2 In. Plunge Circular Saw Kit is a great model.
With this saw, you’ll get a precise and accurate cutting. The saw provides a splinter-free mirror finish and also delivers smooth and straight cuts.
When combined with a guide rail system, this saw that’s constructed with anodized aluminum will work together with the guide rail to eliminate any tear-out.
The saw has a powerful 12 amp motor and comes with a large cutting capacity. It is designed with magnesium components that keep it light in weight.
This is a much more portable track saw that’s ideal for any type of Jobsite. Don’t worry about the speed as the saw comes with a variable speed control dial that gives between 2,000 and 5,200 RPM.
The variable speed enables you to match your speed to the main application. The electronic speed control, on the other hand, maintains the constant speed when under load for smooth cutting.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Powerful 12.0 AMP motor for optimum performance in a wide variety of materials
- Precision accurate cutting delivers a splinter free mirror finish.Construction Material:Plastic
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smooth cutting
- Variable speed control dial (2,000 5,200 RPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Large cutting capacity (2 3/16 inches at 90 and 1 9/16 inches at 45). Cord length 7.9 feet
- 6-1/2 Inch blade
- 12 amp motor
- 2,000 and 5,200 RPM.
- Includes 55-inch guide rail
- Splinter-free finish
- Large cutting capacity
- Portable track saw
- Variable speed
- Ideal for cutting large wood
- Do not expose to wet conditions
Triton TTS1400 Plunge Track Saw
For homes with limited space around their workshop, using the Triton TTS1400 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Track Saw is a great option.
This best circular saw track system is easily accessible. It comes with a shaft lock that enables you to get a fast blade-change at any given time.
The model also comes with a soft-grip handle that ensures a great level of comfort when you are cutting or controlling your cut.
Again, the track saw has a plunge lock system for ultimate safety. It will leave you with over 3500 RPM at any given time and, as such, is ideal for the most demanding tasks.
You don’t have to worry about this saw as its universal vacuum system adaptor is easy to use, and you will get a 360-degree rotational outlet.
While this saw is ideally very reliable, the only problem that comes with this is this. The saw’s track is sold separately.
- Requires either the TTSTP track and/or the TTST1500 track for Saw operation. Tracks sold separately.
- Easily accessible shaft lock for fast blade-change
- Soft-grip handles for comfort & control and a Plunge lock for safety
- Universal vacuum system adaptor with 360 Degree rotational outlet
- Saw comes with a 48TCG Saw Blade, a Dust Outlet Adaptor and a pair of Carbon Bushes. All of the required and optional accessories sold separately
- Other compatible Triton accessories for use with the Triton TTS1400 Plunge Track Saw: TTSWC, TTSCB1500, TTSCB700, TTSSB, TTS60T, TTSAG, TTSDES, TTSPG, TTSTC
- 3500 RPM
- 360-degree rotational outlet
- 48TCG Saw Blade
- Dust Outlet Adaptor
- Carbon Bushes
- Fast blade-change
- Soft-grip handle
- Plunge lock safety system
- Easy to follow user guide
- Easy to store
- The track is sold separately.
Bosch GKT13-225L Track Saw
For the users who want the best track saw without necessarily spending so much, Bosch GKT13-225L Track Saw makes a super cool addition.
Unlike most track saw systems, this model is light and weighs just about 10 pounds. It is electric powered and 14.4 x 9.5 x 9.45 inches.
The track saw is slightly affordable and uses the same size as the blade like the models that we have seen above.
The track saw provides a fast and easy setup with a one-step clean finish cut. Its plunge mechanism allows for precise plunge cuts with a highly accurate depth of cut.
The saw, in addition to its great features, comes with a single bevel pivot point. However, you’ll have to buy a track separately when you need to use one.
One very important feature that this saw offers its users is the overload protection. This technology will protect the motor from overheating or from getting damaged.
Additionally, you will get an efficient dust extraction technology that works at best when connected to a vacuum cleaner.
- Track saw with plunge action – provides fast, easy setup for one-step clean finish cuts in wood and wood-based sheet goods such as laminated particle boards and plywood
- Plunge mechanism – allows for precise plunge cuts with accurate depth of cut
- Single bevel pivot point – when sawing using a track (sold separately), the track can be positioned in the same way for bevel cuts or non-bevel cuts
- Constant electronics – helps maintain speed under the load of more-demanding applications
- Overload protection – protect the motor from overheating
- Efficient dust extraction – when connected to suitable vacuum cleaner, supports easier working conditions
- Swiveling hose port – keeps optional vacuum cleaner hose out of the way
- 10 pounds
- 4 x 9.5 x 9.45 inches
- Single bevel pivot point
- Overload protection
- Dust extraction technology
- Swiveling hose port
- Best for longer work
- Easy to store
- Precise cuts
- Comfortable grip
- Shallow user manual
DEWALT DWS520CK Track Saw Kit
Finally, we have the DEWALT DWS520CK 6-1/2-Inch 12-AMP TrackSaw for our best circular saw track system reviews.
Like many other top-rated models, this 25-pound track saw uses 120 volts. It is light in weight and, as such, very portable and easy to use.
The model can be moved around a Jobsite quite easily and offers some of the needed technologies.
The track saw has a zero clearance track saw cutting system that delivers precise, straight, and splinter-free cuts.
It is ideal for use with track saw dual-edged tracks if you want the straightest cuts in any directions.
With a powerful 1300W motor, this track saw is easy to power and will work its way quickly through hardwoods.
Use this track saw for heavy work and enjoy some of the best precision cuts for a large workload.
- Zero clearance track saw cutting system delivers precise, straight, splinter-free cuts
- For use with track saw dual-edged tracks for perfectly straight cuts in both directions
- On-track cut depth: 2-1/8 (54-milimeter) at 90 degree , 1-5/8-inch (41-milimeter) at 45 degree ; depth scale accurately indicates exact depth of cut accounting for track thickness.
- 12A, 1300W motor effortlessly powers through hard woods up to 2-1/8-inch thick.
- Continuous Anti-Kickback mechanism and riving knife prevent kickback when engaged; Low profile blade guard allows saw to be used in confined spaces.
- Anti-Kickback mechanism
- Riving knife
- Low profile blade guard
- 25 pounds
- 120 Volts
- Light in weight
- Easy to use
- Works with truck
- Safe to use the blade guard
- Zero kickback
- Regular plastic components may not last
Best Track Saws Buying Guide For 2022-2023
If you want to purchase the best circular saw track system and you didn’t find a suitable model from our reviews, here is a way out. Use these simple but smart guide to round up the best model for your needs.
The first thing that you want to know is the speed of the track saw. The speed determines how fast you can complete your work irrespective of the amount of work that you have to clear up.
The maximum speed is the most ideal option to keep in mind. It is measured in revolutions per minute (RPM) and will be higher depending on the power and the motor capacity. Higher speed means faster cutting time.
Another thing that you need to know is the ability of the saw to make deep and beveled (angled cuts). Often, most woodwork that you will use this saw for will require you to cut at an angle from time to time.
Make sure that you have a track saw that has the best ability to take such cuts with easy. It should be easy to adjust and should give you the best depth capacities.
Like I mentioned above, the motor power is vital at determining the speed of the track saw. It is also very important when it comes to the ease of powering up your track saw.
Make sure that you have a high-end motor technology so that you get maximum power to achieve the best speeds for your cut. My favorite motor is the 1300W motor capacity found in the DEWALT DWS520CK.
Corded or Cordless:
A cordless track saw comes with a battery pack to store charge. Corded models get their power right from the power outlet. The best thing about cordless models is that you have more freedom of movement. However, their power will reduce as the battery power capacity goes down.
The corded model, on the other hand, guarantees continuous power supply and constant cutting power. However, their freedom of movement is limited to the length of the cord. Make a choice on your ideal model.
Again, there is a need for a durable track saw. Durability gives back the value for your money. Even so, it is determined by the use of high end-end materials to construct the track saw. A great combination is metallic alloy casing with high-end plastic, and carbide saw blades.
To get the most precise cuts, you need to work in a clean environment. The same applies when you want to save yourself from inhaling saw dust. Often you can clean the area. However, the best track saw models come with dust collection ports that you can fit vacuum cleaners and keep your working space neat.
Length of Guide Rail:
Guide rails are used with track saw systems to leave you with the most precise cuts. However, if the guide rail is short, you’ll have to join a few pieces together. Doing that is okay, but if done poorly may leave you with unwanted results.
That’s why you should look for a longer guide rail capacity to get a continuous straight line of cut.
Make sure that your track saw also comes with the best kickback protection technique. This is important and will help you to have a safe cutting experience. You will also get the ultimate free and easy designs.
Guide Rail Compatibility:
If the tack saw is not compatible with the guide rail, it cannot be used with it. In short, you won’t find the precise cuts that you need. Make sure that your saw can be used with a guide rail to provide you with the best cuts.
What is the size of your saw blade? How easy is it to fit or to remove? Is your saw blade forged from durable or substandard materials? Look for carbide blades. They will last longer. In addition to that, having a larger blade ensures that you get faster cuts and save time. That’s why I prefer the 6.5-inch blade over the 4-inch blade.
Apart from what we have included above, here are other vital information that you should know when it comes to the best track saw systems.
Benefits Of A Track Saw
There are many benefits that the use of a track saw will provide you with. Some of the most common ones that you will easily identify with include the following.
- Track saws provide the most precise cuts. They are compatible with guide rails.
- Track saws will save time. Thanks to their precise cutting ability and high speeds.
- Track saws can be used continuously for long. They come with overheating control.
- Track saws are safe to use. With the best anti-kickback technology, you are safe.
- Track saws are easy to learn. They all come with user manuals that you can follow.
- Track saws are versatile. They are good for straight and beveled cuts.
- Track saws are easy to care for. They don’t need any gasoline and are maintenance-free.
- Track saws are eco-friendly. They emit no gas or harmful substances to the environment.
Finally, let us take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions about the best circular saw track system.
Q: What’s the Difference Between a Track Saw and a Circular Saw?
A: A track saw comes with the long track that sits in front of its setup. However, a circular saw does not have this track. In addition to that, a track saw can easily make crosscuts, rip cuts, and angle cuts easily, while a circular saw is capable of making only the cross cuts and the rip cuts.
Q: What is the best track saw for my use?
A: A track saw that’s ideal for your use is one that meets your needs. It should be affordable, easy to use, and very easy to maintain. The saw should also be able to give you the best cuts without any hassle.
Q: How do I protect myself when using a track saw?
A: Make sure that you wear the right protective gear. You will need goggles, gloves, and work boots. Above all that, reading through the user manual word by word will also play an important role.
Q: What are the best care tips for your track saw?
A: First, make sure that you replace any dull blade. You must read through the user manual and work with your track saw in line with the advice from the manufacturer. More importantly, take your time to use the saw as intended and, if available, fix it using a warranty.
Q: Is a track saw worth it?
A: Yes. If you are struggling with making straight but precise cuts, working with a track saw will be the best thing to do. Choose a model that suits your needs by following the buyer’s guide that we have above.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Track Saws Review Guide For 2022-2023.