Best Tortilla Press Review Guide For This Year
Best Tortilla Press Review Guide For This Year – Nowadays people like to do a sampling of a wide variety of bakery products like empanadas, flatbreads, arepas, tostones, tortillas, pitas, naan, etc. However, the problem comes in shaping them nicely because by the force of habit people use traditional methods like a hand-held rolling pin.
You don’t have to experience the same problems! As a way of improving kitchen experiences, various manufacturers have come up with innovative tortilla presses that would help you obtain natural, flat, and luscious dough products like the Mexican tortillas.
To enjoy such products, however, you need to be able to identify the best tortilla presses in the market. Each brand comes with its extraordinary features that you need to analyze and compare to your needs.
You also need to consider the factors how the tortilla press is built, finish, size, design, etc. Based on user ratings, price range, and usability, we compiled the following list of the best tortilla presses and put them into our Best Tortilla Press Review Guide For This Year to help you find the best in the market.
Best Tortilla Press Buyers Guide For This Year
Types of Tortilla Presses:
When it comes to tortilla presses, you should know that there are just a few types available. The main factor that differentiates each type from the other is the construction material. You will find cast aluminum and iron tortilla presses.
Of the two, cast iron tortilla presses are most preferred since their heaviness helps in making them flat, thin and even nice ones. The consistency in the shaping of the tortillas is also of top-level. However, some users feel that cast iron is a little too heavy and bulky for moving, storage, and portability. It might also rust if exposed to moisture.
Cast Iron Tortilla Press:
The cast aluminum tortilla presses are lighter, thus easier to handle. On the other hand, this type is less preferred since you need to exert more pressure while pressing. Moreover, the tortillas made are not evenly shaped and they are thick. Although aluminum does not rust, it may be corroded if it undergoes oxidation.
Aluminum Tortilla Press:
Factors to consider when shopping for tortilla presses
Some of the features to look out for when shopping for tortilla presses are:
Tortilla presses come in varying dimensions that mostly range between 6 and 8 inches. The 8-inch presses are best suited for tortillas and burritos. However, you have to go for smaller sized presses if you want to make tacos. Furthermore, the smaller presses are much simpler to store.
The quality of the build:
Like any other appliance, you need to consider how well or poorly it is built. Most users complain about the weakness of the tortilla press handles. The cast iron tortilla presses, however, are strong and tend to have a high-quality build. The cast aluminum tortilla presses, on the other hand, have handles that snap after a few uses.
Most of the tortilla presses require you to assemble the handle using a nut and screw. This process should be easy for you.
The main purpose of getting a tortilla press is convenience. As such, you need to get a tortilla press that attains evenly shaped and thin products. You should not have to press repeatedly to acquire the desired flatness and perfectly shaped tortillas. Moreover, the press should feature nonstick plates and base in order to be easy to use and clean.The best tortilla presses are also easy to assemble and use.
There are basically three types of finishes featured in tortilla presses: powdered, painted, or seasoned. Cast iron tortilla presses are seasoned in ingredients like flaxseed oil that enhance their durability and strength. The paint and powder coatings in tortilla presses tend to peel off and may find their way into the food. This can be dangerous to your health because they are chemicals. This could also cause the rust for the tortilla presses once the finish comes out.
The benefits of using a tortilla press:
It allows customization:
The main benefit obtained from using tortilla presses is the ability to customize the ingredients used in the dough. For instance, the users who are allergic to gluten can eliminate wheat that is often used in factory-based bakery products like tacos and tortillas. You can also add spices and other ingredients that you like to taste.
The other amazing advantage of tortilla presses is that they are multifunctional. This means that you can use them to make other dough products like empanadas, flatbreads, arepas, tostones, pizza crusts, piecrusts, omelets and pancakes among others.
Tortilla presses are the most economical way of enjoying Mexican delicacies. This is because you can use it several times. Some of them feature recipe books that you can enjoy at all times. This saves you the transport and buying cost you would have spent otherwise at the store while buying factory-made dough products.
It saves on time and energy:
What we love most about tortilla presses, especially the cast-iron types is that they require minimal energy when pressing. Within no time, you will have your fresh, naturally shaped and thin tortillas or other dough products.
Alpha Living – Best Budget Tortilla Press
This Alpha Living tortilla press is the ideal choice for anyone who takes care of shopping on a budget. Chefcaptain is made of cast iron, which makes it strong and resistant to breakages. The material type also enhances its durability offering a lifetime use guarantee. You can press as hard as you can to get flat tortillas without worrying about the appliance snapping.
What’s more, the iron cast is so heavy-duty that the tortilla press can be relied on to make the hardest dough. This fact also ensures that the appliance presses the tortillas evenly making the whole work easy for you.
It is 7.5 inches in diameter, which makes it ideal for a variety of products made of dough including tortillas, patacones, tostones, empanadas, arepas, and many others.
The tortilla press features a screw lever that helps the round surface stay flat all the time. This way, you can make nicely shaped tortillas without applying much pressure.
It is measured about 7.5 x 7.5 x 1.5 inch, which gives it a thin shape for ease of packing and storing. It is probably one of the lightest cast iron tortilla press brands in the market since it only weighs 5.0.7 pounds.
Unlike other tortilla press brands that are made from seasoned bare iron cast, this tortilla press is given a rough coating of paint. Although it has a paint coating, you have to dry it completely when cleaning to protect it from rust. It comes with a separate handle, which means you need to read the instructions first to be able to assemble it appropriately.
Since this tortilla press does not feature nonstick plates, we recommend you to use wax or a unique paper before setting the dough layer for the best results.
- Heavy Weight tortilla press – made with a heavyweight Cast Iron press for durability and stability, Our tortilla press makes it easy for users to cook at home with their own fresh ingredients.
- Multi purpose Usages – great for tortilla pressing, but also suitable for patacones, tombstones, empanadas, Arepas, dumplings, mini pie shells, patacon pisao & so much more. .
- Wide diameter – the tortilla press’ wide diameter of 7. 5 inches and its heavy weight body allows for a flat uniform press
- Cast Iron – outperforms standard aluminum tortilla pressed in stability, longevity, and its ability to produce a flat, even press.
- Quality Satisfaction – Contact us through for any concerns or general inquiries and we will help you out Immediately. *For best results: do not over pressurize the tortilla press while in use *
- It is highly versatile so you can make tortillas and other dough products.
- It is easy to store.
- It is sold at a super friendly price.
- It is a bit weighty so you can go easy on the pressing.
- It is constructed in a moderate size for ease of managing your tortillas, patacones, tostones, empanadas, arepas, etc.
- Some users think tortillas are cheap hence they feel that this tortilla press is made of low quality.
- Some users argue that the paint on the tortilla press tends to chip off, making it unsightly.
- Several users feel that the design could have been better as it is poor.
Bioexcel – Best Cast Iron Tortilla Press
This tortilla press comes with a seasoned 8-inch heavy gauge. The tortilla press is a nonstick iron cast press and that is very convenient. The iron casting is handmade and traditionally crafted to provide the best result when pressing tortillas.
It has a flat round surface so your tortillas are well-shaped. You can rely on it when using at the campfires, in ovens, stoves, or grills. This gives you an amazing experience as you enjoy each delicious snack.
You can bring it along for picnics and other interesting outdoor activities since it only weighs 5.38 pounds. It measures approximately 9.8 x 8 x 2 in inches, which gives it a compact design for ease of transport, packing, and storage. It is made with a handle that you can use to press the tortillas if you want them to come out flat.
After use, you can wash it by hand and allow it to dry, before rubbing it you have to add a little cooking oil on the surface for enhanced longevity.
With the Bioexcel Tortilla Press, you no longer have to use a hand roller to flatten your dough balls. For the best-shaped tortillas, you might consider placing the dough a bit off-centered, probably near the hinges.
You can use it to prepare multiple dough products like Pataconera, Roti, Flatbread, Pita, and many others.
- Bioexcel Tortilla press is designed in a way to make the process of making tortillas,Patacones,Arepas,quesadilla and empanada hassle free fresh in your home.
- Bioexcel cast iron Tortilla press is designed according to the Standard size of 8 inch,Comes with a handle and easily attachable to the tortilla maker plates with one screw.
- There is no compromise with tradition Tortilladora design to be used as a cold press,pre-seasoned with flax seed oil to increase its life.
- This tortilla presser can easily press flour,comal,and corn dough in to chapati and tortilla shapes saving you time and energy,Use of parchment paper is recommended to avoid any dough sticking on tortilla press plates.
- package Included:tortilla press,handle for pressing with screws attached and a set of extra screws,Lifetime essential kitchen ware.
- The construction body is strong, which makes the tortilla press highly durable.
- The tortilla press is versatile because you can use it both indoors and outdoors.
- It is easy to maintain since cleaning it only requires a few simple steps.
- It is lightweight and highly portable.
- It has 15 mouthwatering BBQ recipes that are simple to prepare.
- It is made from high-quality iron by one of the leading tortilla press manufacturers in the world.
- The tortilla plate is nonstick.
- Some users claim that the handle is a bit weak due to the loose screws that might come off if you press too hard.
- Some users say that the tortilla press tends to break after just a few uses.
Eleganceinlife Tortilla Maker – Best for Flour and Corn Tortillas
Are you looking for a tortilla press that provides a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee? If you are looking for it, this 7.3 inch Eleganceinlife Cast Iron Tortilla Press is designed just for you. It is made from heavy-duty cast iron so you can make your fresh corn tortillas for the shortest time. The cast iron is of superior quality so you have an easy time pressing your dough products. The bakery products are delicious, evenly shaped tortillas.
It is made with a super-thin base that is measured by 13 x 9.5 x 2.7 inches. This makes it easy for you to pack and store, especially if bringing it for outdoor activities like camping. It weighs 5.6 pounds, which makes it lightweight for portability.
The base is perfectly designed to ensure that your tortillas are made on a flat surface. It is also resistant to slippage. The press comes fitted with a strong handle that is screwed tightly so you can press the tortillas hassle-free without necessarily applying too much pressure.
This tortilla press is long-lasting and can be relied on for commercial purposes. This is because its construction utilizes a heavy-duty cast iron for its strength.
The heaviness of this tortilla press is well balanced. It also comes with a bolted handle so you have a stable pressing surface for your dough.
You will also appreciate the unique features that complement the functionality of this tortilla press.
The handle comes separately so you have to use the screw and nut to assemble it before pressing your tortillas. Ensure that they are well tightened so they don’t come out as you continue your pressing process.
To keep the tortillas and other dough products from sticking, we recommend you to use a wax paper between the dough layer and plate.
- Heavy-duty cast iron for easy and even pressing Improved base & handle for resistance
- Great for tortillas patacones tostones empanadas arepas and more
- 7.3″/18.5 CM Lasting commercial restaurant grade heavy-gauge cast iron construction
- Heavy balanced weight of the press and bolted handle provides a stable press
- This press is versatile, implying that you can use it for tortillas, patacones, tostones, empanadas, and arepas among other products.
- It is an ideal gift for your loved one since it comes packed in a gift box.
- It is an available budget purchase, ensuring that it accommodates any user shopping within a budget limit.
- It is designed for stability, allowing you to press your dough products excellently.
- It is made in the US, which means its production adheres to stringent safety and quality standards.
- Some users argue that the plates could have been nonstick for ease of pressing and getting a quality tortilla.
- Some users feel that the handle might be of a little low quality as it may break after just a few uses.
Victoria Pataconera – Best for Thin Tortillas
This tortilla press is made from chill cast iron that enhances its durability. The cast iron is also heavy-duty so you have an easy time pressing without necessarily putting in much effort.
It is 8 inches wide, which means that you can make evenly and nicely shaped dough products. It is black, a color that is compatible with most kitchen styles.
Its handle is excellently reinforced so you can press your dough without worrying about its breaking or snapping.
The sand cast molding technique featured in making this tortilla press ensures that it stays flat to produce the perfect dough products. The plates provide you with the shaping precision that you are looking for. This way, it will make natural and fresh tortillas and other dough products.
This tortilla press is multifunctional since you can also make empanadas, flat bread, arepas, tostones, and many others with it.
Since the plates and base may be sticky, we recommend that you use a wax paper, zip-top bags, cling wrap, or parchment paper.
This tortilla press comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- DO it yourself. Make your own tortillas, patacones, Rotis, empanadas, quesadillas, and Arepas at home fast and easy. Great for non-gluten and Paleo tortillas too!
- Reinforced Design. We improved the base & the handle for better resistance. Our cast iron plates are engineered to avoid pinching. Get even tortillas every time.
- Heavy-duty construction. Made of cast-iron seasoned at high temperatures with 100% non-GMO vegetable flaxseed oil. Low maintenance. Restaurant quality.
- Comes with an extra screw for the lever. Includes detailed instructions on use and care. Overall width – Side to side: 11. 25 inch, overall depth – front to back: 11 inch
- Authentic by Victoria. Tortilladora made in Colombia since 1986, Don’t trust imitators! Limited Lifetime .
- This tortilla press is built to last because it features cast iron that is seasoned with 3 quality ingredients.
- It is easy to use since you only need to get ready your dough, set the plate, press, peel and separate as needed.
- It is made by one of the top and trusted manufacturers of kitchen appliances.
- This heavy-duty tortilla press is the best replacement for your hands and rolling pin.
- None at this time
Tortilla presses come in different designs, views, and types. It is up to you to determine which press to go for as per your needs. The best types will make evenly shaped tortillas consistently. It should also be sturdy and easy to use. Some users prefer a lightweight tortilla press because it is easy to handle. The versatility of the tortilla presses also matters because it is convenient and makes your cooking experience better. We hope you found our Best Tortilla Press Review Guide For This Year helpful.