Best Slow Cooker Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Slow Cooker Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Who, after a hard day’s work, has never dreamed of savoring a good meal on the way home? Nobody is the answer! You’ll also agree, no matter your income level, that any item which saves you money is a definite plus. We all eat every day, so even a few cents of savings per meal makes for a good chunk of cash over a short period. That’s why you need a Slow Cooker. They are famed for using less electricity and releasing more flavor into your foods. You really need to see what this cookware can do! So, read through our best slow cooker reviews in our Best Slow Cooker Review Guide For 2022-2023 that promise to be far more economical and easier to use than conventional and pressure-type cookers.
Best Slow Cooker Buyers Guide For 2022-2023:
The choice of the best slow cooker for your individual needs will depend on a number of specific factors.
So, here are a few tips to help you make a better buying decision…
The first thing that needs to be considered should be the capacity of your slow cooker. Think of how many people you will be regularly cooking for and buy accordingly.
All slow cookers featured in this best of the best list are electric but operate at different power levels. Depending on your needs, pay close attention to the type of slow cooker you choose. The higher the wattage of the slow cooker, the higher your energy costs will be, and therefore have more impact on your bill.
The most energy-hungry slow cookers are often the largest. If you do not need something that big, then buy a smaller model that is much more economical to use.
Although not often mentioned, paying attention to materials is of paramount importance. Fact is, slow cookers are in direct contact with your food, and poor quality materials can affect your health and well-being.
But, rest assured, all the slow cookers presented in this article are made of materials that are harmless to your health.
Also, pay attention to the slow cooker lid and its material. There is a tendency to lift the lid when cooking a dish to monitor it. With slow cookers, it’s not only useless but especially discouraged. Choose a glass lid so you can monitor your cooking without having to lift the lid every time.
The Number Of Programs:
The cooking programs offered by electric slow cookers vary from one to another.
If you want more freedom, opt for models with several cooking programs. The most common are strong, medium and low heat cooking. Also, it is better to buy a slow cooker with a timer. If it hasn’t got one, it will require constant attention.
The maintenance of any device is very important. This is the secret for use over a long period of time, and the slow cooker is no exception to this rule. Some models are easier to clean than others, so be sure to take a look at the care instructions before buying one.
Some slow cookers feature a removable, machine-washable ceramic dish to make it even easier for you. So go for one of the models that have this feature.
Depending on the brand and type of slow cooker you choose, there are many additional useful options available. Some models will offer you a removable pot, ideal for serving without having to carry the entire cooker.
Others have a heating system that allows you to warm up your meal before enjoying it. Finally, others will introduce you to the Keep Warmer feature that allows your slow cooker to keep your meal warm after the end of cooking, and until you’re ready to eat.
How To Use Your Slow Cooker?
The electric slow cooker is definitely a great partner in the kitchen. Although it often gives the impression of being able to do everything, it is nonetheless a machine, and here are some sensible tips, so you can really enjoy your slow cooker.
Like any appliance, the slow cooker needs proper maintenance to work properly. Always unplug your slow cooker after each use. This will prevent it from overloading, overheating or even a sudden short circuit. To clean it, a simple sponge and dishwashing liquid are enough.
For compatible models, the pots are machine washable. If your lid is glass, allow it to cool before washing. Indeed, glass does not support sudden changes in temperature. And therefore, switching from hot to cold may damage it.
Foods you will need to pay attention to – meat, rice, and vegetables.
Contrary to the popular belief that all you need to do is put the ingredients at the bottom of the cooker for cooking, the reality is slightly different. Foods like meats and some vegetables have cooking times that are often longer than most foods.
In the case of meat and vegetables, take the precaution of pre-cooking them separately before adding them to your slow cooker towards the end of cooking.
Do not put too much water in:
Whether before or during cooking, the most common mistake is to put too much water in the slow cooker. This is because we are used to the traditional method of cooking by evaporation, which consumes a lot of water.
With a slow cooker, it works differently. Any water you add to your slow cooker remains trapped inside allowing your foods to keep all their flavors and all their nutrients.
Do not touch the lid:
The second most common mistake is to want to open the slow cooker while cooking to monitor its progress. Although this is for a good reason, avoid doing it. When you open your slow cooker while cooking, the heat tends to escape, and your slow cooker cools. It will then take 20 to 30 minutes before returning to normal temperature.
This sudden loss of heat is detrimental to your dish and significantly increases cooking time, which in the long run can affect the quality of your meal, or worse, simply ruin it.
So, What’s The Best Slow Cooker?
The electric slow cooker is a device that has been specifically designed for users wanting to enjoy a good meal. It is superb at revealing the tastes concealed in each ingredient of the chosen recipe. Allowing you to easily quickly cook dishes that normally take a long time to cook.
But, as with everything, there has to be a winner, and for this review, we’ve chosen as our favorite Slow Cooker the…
It won because it was the best all-rounder featured. With its versatility of use, pre-programmed one-touch cook settings, being non-stick and dishwasher safe, as well as, featuring a solid glass lid with ever cool handles.
It also had no Cons, which always says a lot, plus the 3-year limited warranty is a sign that the manufacturers have a lot of faith in it as well. Everything just makes this a winner!
We hope we’ve helped you make a proper choice of which of these Slow Cookers is perfect for your kitchen. But, whichever one you choose, you can be assured that better meals await you!
Cuisinart Msc-600fr 3-In-1 Cook Central 6-Quart Multi-Cooker – Silver
The Cuisinart MSC-600FR is dedicated to three tasks: slow cooker, brown/saute, and steamer. And all you need is a one-touch “press and play” to get your foods cooking perfectly. Its LCD screen is blue backlit to show you details like it’s timer or temperature settings.
The 5.7-liter aluminum cooking pot is non-stick which makes for easier servings and washing. Dishwasher safe, it comes with a steaming rack.
That’s not all…
It features a glass lid for easy viewing of your food without losing steam. This solid glass top has a comfortable handle that is always cool.
The Cook Central is a durable product and offers you a 3-year limited warranty.
- One touch switches modes when recipe calls for combination cooking
- Extra-large blue backlit LCD display with easy-to-read time and temperature settings
- Removable 6-quart nonstick aluminum cooking pot
- Glass lid with cool-touch handle for clear view and comfortable handling
- Dishwasher-safe removable parts for effortless cleanup, Steaming rack included, Limited 3-year warranty
- Versatility of use.
- LCD backlit display.
- Timer and temperature settings.
- Pre-programmed one-touch cook settings.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Solid glass lid with ever cool handles.
- 3-year limited warranty.
Cuisinart Psc-650 Stainless Steel 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
The slow cooker brand Cuisinart PSC-650 is among the best in the market because of the top quality materials used in its design. Built to North American Electrical Standards, this slow cooker has a toughened tempered glass lid and a removable ceramic bowl.
This removable bowl is perfect for serving your meals at the table. In addition, it is covered with a nonstick surface that allows washing very easily. This slow cooker has three cooking programs: simmer, low and high modes. The latter option alternates between hot and cold cooking and keeps your meal warm until you’re ready to eat.
With its two sizes: 3.8 liters and 6.2 liters, 24-hour programmable cook time, as well as a brushed stainless-steel housing; glass lid with stainless-steel rim; non-slip rubber feet; cool-touch chrome-plated handles, and dishwasher compatibility, this product is more than enough to satisfy most cooks.
And, more so with its cooking rack, and recipe book pleasing everyone at family meals.
- Programmable slow cooker with removable round-shaped ceramic cooking pot
- Simmer, low and high modes; 24-hour programmable cook time; auto keep-warm; cord storage
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; glass lid with stainless-steel rim; cool-touch chrome-plated handles
- Includes cooking rack, recipe book and instruction book; dishwasher-safe lid and ceramic pot
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Built to International standards.
- Tempered glass lid.
- Dishwasher compatible.
- Can be used for dining table servings.
- Non-stick ceramic pot.
- Two size variants.
- Programmable cook time.
- Recipe book included.
- None at this time
Calphalon Digital Sauté Slow Cooker, Dark Stainless
At 5 liters, the Calphalon Digital Slow Cooker meets most average needs. Its functions, however, are far from average.
What do you get with this product?
Its removable pot can be used on a cooktop – electric, gas, and induction. This makes a lot of difference and opens up a whole new genre of cook options!
The slow cooker has digital programmable controls that display on its LCD digital display to provide you intuitive control of the cooking modes. Durable as it is made from top grade materials, you will use this product to conveniently sear, brown, sauté, and slow cook all in one pot.
Non-stick, PTFE/PFOA-free, and with evenly distributed heat, it is easy to clean, serve food from, and gives you great results.
Keep jotting down those recipes; you got it sorted with this product!
- Conveniently sear, brown, sauté, & slow cook all in one pot for maximum flavor
- Cooking pot is oven safe and compatible with electric, gas, and induction cooktops
- Ceramic cooking surface is 11x more durable* and provides 20% more even heat (*Compared to standard nonstick)
- Digital programmable controls
- Fast food release and easy to clean
- Great design.
- Cooktop compatible pot.
- Chemical free.
- Digital, programmable controls.
- LCD screen.
- Durable product.
- Even heat distribution.
- Easy to clean.
- Not dishwasher compatible.
- The pot is not well suited to high cooker heat.
Zojirushi El-Cac60xz Multicooker 6 Qts Brushed Stainless
The Zojirushi Groups’ century-long experience is one of the reasons they have made this 5.7-liter slow cooker with a wider diameter (10 inches) to accommodate wider meats. This comes in handy when you are deciding on roasting large foods, e.g., fish or chicken.
Also safe to use as its power cord detaches when snagged to prevent the hot pot from falling off the kitchen counter, it also has an overflow guard that directs overflow for easy cleanup.
The best part?
It has an impressive nine menu settings, so can handle all your cooking duties such as sauté/sear, simmer, low/slow cook, steam, white rice, brown rice, quinoa, yogurt and keep warm with ease. Four temperature settings (140 degrees Fahrenheit to 200 degrees Fahrenheit) are just right for all these foods and more.
It has a tempered glass lid with a resin handle, so you can open this cooker halfway to avoid a mess, or not at all, because you can view your cooking through the lid.
That is not all…
The control panel faces upwards, for ease its use. The LCD displays your options, so you don’t make a mistake.
Made with the finest (corrosion and rust free) materials, all chemical free, you should cook comfortably with this slow cooker.
Included in the pack is a full-color recipe book.
- 9 Convenient Menu Settings: Sauté/Sear, Simmer, Low/Slow Cook, Steam, White Rice, Brown Rice, Quinoa, Yogurt and Keep Warm
- Unique Low/Slow cook setting has 4 temperature settings from 140°F to 200°F for slow cooking, tofu making, and other low temperature cooking
- Tempered glass, self-standing lid is clear which allows you to view the cooking process and the large resin handle can be used to stand the lid vertically to save space and prevent messes
- Upward facing control panel has an LCD Display for ease of use and visibility
- Tri-ply Stainless Steel cooking pot with convenient resin handles holds and distributes heat evenly while its 18/8 stainless steel interior resists corrosion and rusting
- 6 Qt. Capacity, ideal for large families
- All surfaces that come into contact with food or beverage are BPA Free
- Full-color recipe book also included
- Wide diameter to accommodate large chunky foods.
- Safe to use.
- Overflow guard allows for easy cleanup.
- Nine menu and 4 temperature one-touch settings.
- The glass lid allows for partial opening.
- Upward facing controls for easier use.
- LCD screen.
- Corrosion and rust free.
- Chemical free.
- Comes with a recipe book.
- Not energy efficient (1,350 watts).
All-Clad Sd700450 Programmable Oval-Shaped Slow Cooker
Bringing out the best of your cooking is the watchword of the All-Clad Metalcrafters. Over four decades of sticking with that mantra has produced this Slow Cooker. It comes in two variants (3.8 liters, 6.2 liters), of pure magic to create an ultimate cooking experience.
What do you get with this product?
Oval-shaped, this stainless-steel slow cooker is scratch resistant and easy to clean. Its dishwasher safe, non-stick ceramic pot makes cleaning easier, as well as serving food.
Coming with a glass top with an easy grip, you trap heat and moisture while watching your food cook to perfection.
Adjustable settings of 4 – 20 hours of cooking time, with a complete cycle time of up to 26 hours make preparing home-cooked meals on any schedule possible. Even better, the controls are easy to use, and its current settings are displayed on its screen.
With keep warm settings, you get ever warm food that retains freshness for longer!
- 6.5-quart, oval-shaped, stainless-steel slow cooker with removable black ceramic insert, large enough to cook food for a crowd and goes right to table for serving.
- 4-20 hours cooking times with a complete cycle time of up to 26 hours for preparing home-cooked meals on any schedule
- Easy to read digital display and large push-button controls for intuitive use to easily find your perfect programs
- Integrated handles on insert for an easy grip and glass lid to trap in heat and moisture. Screen – LCD
- Dishwasher-safe insert and lid for an easy cleaning. Keep warm- No. Slow cooking settings- High mode- 2 to 8 hours. Low mode- 4 to 20 hours Warm
- Do not use the ceramic insert on the stove top or in an oven to prepare foods
- Two size variants.
- Scratch resistant.
- Easy to clean.
- Dishwasher compatible.
- Wide range of adjustments.
- Easy to use.
- The non-high-heat resistant lid has been known to break while in use.
- Not chemical free.
We hope you found our Best Slow Cooker Review Guide For 2022-2023 helpful.