Best Pet Odor Neutralizer Review Plus Buying Guide For 2022-2023
Best Pet Odor Neutralizer Review Plus Buying Guide For 2022-2023 – Every household that has pets should invest in a good pet odor neutralizer to keep the home smelling fresh and clean and relatively free from germs that can put the health of the family and pets at risk.
These special formulations of deodorizers should also be safe in themselves so that they won’t be the source of problems in the future.
Unfortunately, the market can be unforgiving to pet parents who are rather clueless about the right product to get for effective and safe pet odor removal.
For that reason I came up with this list of the best pet odor neutralizer products to help you get started on a cleaner and fresher home while enjoying the company of your pets. To see them keep reading my Best Pet Odor Neutralizer Review Plus Buying Guide For 2022-2023.
Best Overall: Rocco & Roxie Supply Co. Stain & Odor Eliminator Amazon’s #1 Best Seller
Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator by Rocco & Roxie Supply Co. Pet parents love the Rocco & Roxie because of its professional-strength formulation and its use of a unique bio-enzymatic system that gets rid of not only pet odors but also stubborn pet stains across a variety of surfaces.
It also has the seal of approval from the Carpet and Rug Institute making it the best carpet cleaner for dog urine while also besting others when it comes to being the best pet odor neutralizer.
While it may cost you slightly more than other products on a per-ounce basis, you can always count on the Rocco & Roxie’s ability to eliminate nasty dog urine smell as well as the odors of other bodily fluids.
The secret is in the enzyme systems that effectively break down the molecular bonds of both stain and odor molecules. And while Rocco & Roxie is a small family-run business, one can take comfort in the fact that they do care both for your pet and your family.
- Advanced bio-enzymatic formula
- Professional-strength, kid- and pet- safe formulation
- Multipurpose odor and stain remover
- CRI-certified carpet-safe
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Brand: Rocco & Roxie Supply Co
- Model: fsec
- Weight: 2.4 pounds
- ELIMINATES STAINS, ODORS AND RESIDUE If it’s gross, it’s gone. Not just the stain, but the stink. From stinky yellow pet urine and feces to vomit and other organic spills, our professional strength formula tackles them all.
- CERTIFIED GENTLE AND SAFE Chlorine free and color safe. Safe to use around pets and children. No hazardous propellants, no residue left behind. So gentle it’s been Certified Safe for all carpets, earning the Seal of Approval by the trusted Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
- EVERY SURFACE, EVERY TIME For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing, litter boxes, kennels, carriers, all pet living and sleeping areas — anywhere stains happen.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED An Amazon best seller for a reason. If your stains and odors aren’t gone, neither is your money. We’ll refund it in full
Best Disinfectant: Angry Orange Super Strength Pet Odor Neutralizer Amazon’s Choice
Super Strength Pet Odor Neutralizer by Angry Orange. Utilizing one of the most common homemade remedies as pet odor eliminator, Angry Orange is a great alternative to enzymatic systems especially for those who prefer the sweet and tangy, citrusy scent of orange peels.
While it doesn’t really break the chemical bonds of pet stains and odors the citrusy scent, nevertheless, neutralizes the strong odor emanating from such messes. Additionally, the acidic nature of orange peel helps give it an amazing antimicrobial property, making it a good alternative to commercial disinfectants and sanitizers.
What’s more, a single 8-ounce bottle can already make a full gallon, making it a more practical solution to the ongoing search for the best pet odor eliminator.
- Orange peel extract-based formula
- Industrial strength formulation
- Multipurpose, non-toxic, biodegradable
- Meets FDA-GRAS standards
- Money-back guarantee
- Brand: ANGRY ORANGE
- Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Gets rid of the toughest pet odors. Angry Orange is a commercial grade citrus pet odor remover.
- Angry Orange pet urine odor remover is safely derived from the oil found in orange peels.
- Our 8 oz. bottle of pet odor remover and carpet cleaner makes a gallon of solution.
- The odor eliminator for home can be used on cat odor in litter boxes, pet odor in yard or kennel.
- A powerful & effective dog odor eliminator that even works on animal smells in barns and stables.
Fast-Acting: Nature’s Miracle OXY Formula Stain And Odor Remover
OXY Formula Stain and Odor Remover by Nature’s Miracle. The label reads “oxygen concentrate”, but everyone knows that oxygen exists mostly as gaseous molecule. The only way one can mix oxygen into a solution is by mixing it with a carrier molecule.
We can only guess that Nature’s Miracle OXY pet odor eliminator utilizes the disinfectant and antimicrobial properties of hydrogen peroxide or H2O2. This is what gives the solution its remarkable stain and odor removing properties, not to mention its antimicrobial action as well.
In addition to the ‘oxygen concentrate’, OXY also features a sweet and fruity citrus scent that is delivered by the orange extract that is included in the formulation. It is this unique blend of ‘oxygen concentrate’ and orange disinfectant that makes the OXY a preferred solution by many pet parents. It’s a wise choice among budget-conscious pet parents, too.
- Dual-action, fast-acting, super-oxygenated solution
- Fresh and clean orange scent
- Multipurpose formulation
- Money-back guarantee
- Brand: Nature’s Miracle
- Model: 5162
- Weight: 8.6 pounds
- Penetrate, separates and lifts embedded stains and odors
- Fresh orange scent
- For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing and more
- Guaranteed to permanently eliminate stains and odors
- Dual action oxy formula gallon
Long-Lasting: NonScents Cat Litter Deodorizer Odor Control Amazon’s Choice
Cat Litter Deodorizer Odor Control by NonScents. Pet parents of kitties will love the pet odor removal properties of NonScents’ formulation. This pet odor neutralizer is designed specifically to work with fine and smaller grained cat litter as the same brand actually has a different product for larger-grained litter.
However, it does make for a good case of an all-purpose eliminator or cat and dog urine smell. The current notion is that if NonScents can effectively draw out odor molecules from cat litter, then it should also be effective in the neutralization of other types of pet messes.
It uses zeolite in its formulation, a blend of minerals that are classified as hydrated alumino-silicates of certain chemicals like calcium, sodium, barium, and potassium.
Zeolite is especially regarded as a cation exchanger, allowing positive-charged molecules to be exchanged for the negatively-charged particles in pet odors and stains. It’s clearly a unique kind of odor neutralization, perhaps making NonScents the best pet odor neutralizer in town.
- Zeolite odor elimination technology
- Specifically designed for cat litter odor neutralization
- Long-lasting, fragrance-free formulation
- Money-back guarantee
- Brand: NonScents
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
- ELIMINATES ODOR: Our formula completely neutralizes odor at the source, leaving litter pans completely scent-free.
- FRAGRANCE-FREE: Free from chemical additives keeping your cat safe and comfortable unlike products that mask odor with strong fragrances.
- LONG-LASTING: Extends the life of your cat litter and saves money because you need less litter.
- EASY APPLICATION: Sprinkle a small layer over your cat litter and enjoy a safe odor-free environment.
- USE EVERYWHERE: Trash compactors, garbage cans, kennels and animal carriers.
Easy To Use: Sunny & Honey Pet Stain & Odor Miracle
Pet Stain & Odor Miracle by Sunny & Honey. It prides itself as the top-rated bio-enzymatic cleaner in the country. Sunny & Honey’s Pet Stain & Odor Miracle features an enzymatic formulation that helps break the molecular bonds of dog urine smell and stain molecules to give pet parents a home that smells clean and fresh. It may also be the best carpet cleaner for dog urine since it has certification from the Carpet and Rug Institute.
However, what pet parents love about the Stain and Odor Miracle is that 10 percent of the proceeds are channeled to animal shelters and other organizations that are involved in the care and management of animals. It’s one’s way of helping animals and pets that may not have a home they can call their own.
- Multipurpose odor neutralizer and stain remover
- Advanced bio-enzymatic formulation
- CRI-certified carpet-, pet-, and kid- safe formulation
- 10% proceeds to sheltered animals
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Brand: Sunny & Honey
- Model: SYNCHKG078273
- Weight: 8.65 pounds
- ❤️ EASY CLEANUP – Pet Stain & Odor Miracle makes clean up fast and easy, so you can quickly return to having fun with your fur-baby. Only an enzyme-based cleaning solution can completely remove 100% of organic matter, such as urine, feces, vomit, blood, and drool (chemical based cleaners cannot do that). All of our products smell incredible!
- ? INCREDIBLE VALUE – Pet Stain & Odor Miracle makes it very easy for you to clean every surface in your home – carpet, rug, hardwood, laminate, tile, concrete floor, furniture, mattress, leather, couch, pet beds, crates, litter box, car upholstery and mats. You can even use this amazing enzymatic solution outside, in artificial grass and turf, patio, deck and virtually any other surface.
- ⭐ HIGHEST QUALITY – All of Sunny & Honey’s products are made with the highest quality ingredients available, right here – in the beautiful USA. As a hardworking family-run small business, we wholeheartedly believe in providing you with the absolute best products and value. We take this responsibility seriously!
- ? NATURAL CLEANING POWER – Pet Stain & Odor Miracle was created with your furry kids in mind! This bio-enzymatic formula is biodegradable, non-toxic, and is scented with essential oils. This spray solution is also Leaping Bunny Certified. We love animals and nature – let’s protect them together!
- ✔ OUR PROMISE – If you are not 100% in LOVE with Pet Stain & Odor Miracle, send it back for a full refund. You have absolutely nothing to lose (except a stain or two) . Click “Add To Cart” Right Now!
Most Powerful: Simple Solution Extreme Stain & Odor Remover
Extreme Stain & Odor Remover by Simple Solution. The good thing about the pet odor removal system of Simple Solution is that its spray nozzle is designed to do 3 different actions – stream, foam, and mist – eliminating the need for additional tools to help remove pet stains of various sources.
The formulation also boasts of a special blend of non-pathogenic bacteria and natural enzymes which serves to break molecular bonds while also negating the harmful effects of pathogenic bacteria in the bodily fluids such as blood, vomitus, and many more.
It comes both in scented and non-scented formulations so pet parents can have a choice. Additionally, refill packs are available so one doesn’t need to discard the spray bottle of Simple Solution. It enjoys the positive experiences of pet parents, making it as one of the best pet odor eliminator products in the market.
- Unique blend of natural enzymes and non-pathogenic bacteria
- 3-in-1 sprayer design: stream, mist, and foam
- Multipurpose odor neutralization capability
- Professional-strength, multi-surface application formulation
- Brand: Simple Solution
- Model: 10137N-12PONL
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- DESIGNED FOR THE TOUGHEST ODORS AND ORGANIC STAINS- Simple Solution pet Extreme Stain and Odor remover is three times stronger than our regular formula to eliminate tough dog and cat odors and stains.
- PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH FORMULA – Extreme Stain and Odor Remover is a professional strength Pro-Bacteria and enzyme formula that breaks down and eliminates stains and odors.
- SPECIFICALLY FOR PET ODORS AND ORGANIC STAINS – Safely and quickly removes dog and cat urine, feces, and vomit on carpet, upholstery, bedding, fabric toys, clothing, or other water-safe surfaces in your home
- NEW PATENTED MULTI-FUNCTIONAL SPRAYER – Now designed with a new patented 3-in-1 nozzle sprayer (foam, mist, and stream).
All Natural: TriNova Green Standard Pet Stain & Odor Remover
Green Standard Pet Stain & Odor Remover by TriNova. Incorporating a special blend of digestive enzymes, non-pathogenic bacteria, mint essential oil, and bamboo extract, the TriNova pet odor eliminator and stain remover is a worthy choice if you can overlook its rather hefty price tag.
But, since TriNova works on all surfaces and comes with an all-natural formulation, it is not surprising to see that the pet odor neutralizer commands a respectable following among avid pet parents. The special formulation is safe that even if kids were to play on surfaces sprayed with the TriNova, it won’t bring harm to children.
Best of all, one can effectively control the nasty smell left by our beloved pets while also erasing traces of pet stains from surfaces.
- Advanced bio-enzymatic formula
- All-natural, pet-safe, non-toxic formulation
- Contains natural bacteria, digestive enzymes, bamboo extracts, and mint essential oil
- Professional strength, kid-safe formulation
- Brand: TriNova
- Weight: 2.4 pounds
- ✅ 100% NATURAL CLEANER – We are setting the “Green Standard’ by using only natural and organic ingredients in our formula and listing everything right on the label.
- ✅ PROFESSIONAL STRENGTH – TriNova’s Pet Stain & Odor Remover features a blend of natural enzymes that tackle stains and odors at their root to clean and neutralize. The enzymes work to break down the stains, drying out and disintegrating when they’re finished to restore your carpet to like-new condition.
- ✅ SAFE Around Kids & Pets – TriNova understands your pets frequent the spaces where you and your children spend the most time as well. Because of this, TriNova’s Pet Stain & Odor Remover contains a formula that leaves surfaces safe for your kids to keep on playing without any worry about harmful chemicals or toxins.
- ✅ USE IT ANYWHERE – Use this natural pet stain remover on most surfaces such as bedding, mattress, cage, kennel, laundry, clothes, hardwood, litter box and more. Even use it for small animals like hamsters, rat, and mice cages
- ✅ 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – We think you’ll love our product, but if you don’t just let us know and we’ll refund your purchase price!
All Purpose: Mateson The Original Bad Air Sponge Odor Neutralant
The Original Bad Air Sponge Odor Neutralant by Mateson. Most of the products that are geared for addressing nasty cat and dog urine smell come in either spray formulations or as desiccants.
Mateson’s Bad Air Sponge comes in a gel form that is enclosed in a covered bucket. One only needs to open the lid and let the Bad Air Sponge do its thing. It’s like bamboo charcoal desiccants only that this is gel. Unfortunately, it is not fully understood just what comprises the gel.
Nevertheless, it comes with the most efficient pet odor removal mechanism since a single pound of Bad Air Sponge is enough to remove nasty odors and smells from an area of about 400 square feet.
And since a bucket of the Bad Air Sponge contains about 14 ounces of the gel, it should be enough to cover 350 square feet of floor space. It doesn’t do any good on pet stains, though.
- Nonflammable and non-toxic gel formulation
- Multipurpose odor neutralizer
- Deodorizing coverage: 400 square feet per pound
- Preferred product by disaster restoration professionals
- Brand: Bad Air Sponge
- Model: BAS-1LB
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
- THE ORIGINAL BAD AIR SPONGE removes odors and freshens air from porous materials and objects by drawing out and absorbing odor causing molecules and neutralizing them. Bad Air Sponge does not mask odors, it eliminates them
- ELIMINATES ODORS FROM ANY SPACE, home, office, car, boat, camper and more! Can tackle some of your toughest odors in your kitchen and bathroom, even eliminating smoke and pet odors from furniture, drapes, walls, and upholstery
- EASY TO USE, place the plastic jar in the room or area with the unpleasant smell, and simply open the jar. It will begin to deodorize the air by attaching to the odor molecules and neutralizing them. Works best in a ventilated room
- LONG LASTING ODOR ELIMINATIION, one jar will freshen a 400 square foot room for 30-120 days. Bad Air Sponge does not mask odors, it eliminates them
- MADE IN THE USA, non-toxic, non-flammable, natural, and safe. It is safe to use around your family, pets and children. The bad air sponge has become the standard odor remover for the entire disaster restoration industry
- Age range description: All Ranges
Advanced Technology: Bissell Woolite Pet Stain & Odor Remover
Bissell Woolite Pet Stain & Odor Remover. A firm favorite with pet parents, the Bissell Woolite Pet Stain & Odor Remover offers a triple-action cleaning system. It effectively removes both stains and odors and thanks to the pherobloc technology, it puts your pets off soiling the carpet in the future.
After cleaning, it leaves a fresh scent that is long lasting. This odor neutralizer is effective on all pet odors including those caused by feces, urine and vomit. You can use it on most carpets and upholstery that are safe to clean with water-based cleaners.
- Handy spray bottle for easy application
- Removes stains on carpets
- Effectively removes urine and feces odors
- Leaves a clean and fresh fragrance in the home
- Deters pets from soiling carpet
- Brand: Bissell
- Model: 0890
- Weight: 1.38 pounds
- Tough on pet stains and odors such as urine, feces, vomit and tracked-in dirt
- Prevents the release of odors into the air by using fibrapure odor eliminating technology to deodorize during pet stain removal
- Formulated with pherobloc technology that cleans and discourages pets from re-soiling the same area once a stain has been removed
- Leaves a long-lasting, fresh scent
Best Pet Odor Neutralizer Buying Guide For 2022-2023
What to Consider When Buying Pet Odor Neutralizer:
There are many pet odor neutralizer products in the market to choose from. These can range from commercial- and industrial- grade odor eliminators to domestic-strength formulations. Some come with specific scents while others are unscented. Your choice of the best pet odor neutralizer actually depends on a few factors.
As much as possible choose a pet odor eliminator that uses all-natural ingredients as its principal means of removing odors. These offer one of the safest yet equally effective ways of removing nasty odors.
Many of these products come with bioactive enzyme systems that hasten the speed of degradation of the molecular bonds of odor molecules. This allows the odor to be managed in a more efficient manner. It is similar to the best carpet cleaner for dog urine that features enzyme systems in cleaning up carpets after a pet’s mess.
Other products may come with natural plant botanicals like oranges and citrus that serves to neutralize odors. The same is true with desiccants that work like sponges, absorbing malodorous molecules from wreaking havoc in your home.
The important thing is that the product should not contain anything that can put your dog or your family at risk for health problems.
In line with natural ingredients forming the core of the best pet odor eliminator it is also imperative that it is guaranteed safe not only in terms of human and pet health, but also the integrity of your carpet, upholstery, and other surfaces.
Deodorizers that contain harsh chemicals may ruin your fabric materials when sprayed onto them. It is for this reason that choosing a product that is duly-certified by a reputable organization like the Carpet and Rug Institute is a sound idea.
Ease of application:
Admit it or not, no one likes to toil when it comes to managing pet mess. That is why one major consideration is the ease of application of the pet odor neutralizer. Most products come in spray formulations, allowing them to be easily spritzed onto almost any surface.
Some may require dissolving in a bucket of water to make the desired solution strength. Others may come as handy bags of desiccants. It’s basically up to you to choose which of these you think is a lot easier to perform.
Benefits of Using Pet Odor Neutralizer:
There are many reasons why pet parents use the best pet odor eliminator. Here are some of the benefits that pet parents are now enjoying because of their decision to use only the best products.
Gets rid of nasty odors from the source:
This is the inherent benefit of a good quality pet odor eliminator. Unlike air fresheners that simply emit a pleasant smell into the air so that you’ll smell the fragrance instead of the nasty odor, pet odor neutralizers work by working on the odor molecules themselves.
As we have noted above, many pet odor eliminators come with enzyme systems that eat away at the chemical bonds of odor molecules. This is how odor is effectively removed from the source.
It doesn’t mask the odor; instead, it breaks the chemical bonds of the various molecules that produce the odor. Once these bonds are broken down the nasty odor naturally disappears.
The same is true with desiccants. While these products don’t necessarily destroy odor molecules, they somehow attract these molecules like magnets. Nasty pet odors are most noticeable if the source of the smell is still moist.
Drying this quickly can help remove the odor as well. This is how desiccants work. They remove nasty smells by drawing out moisture at the source, helping reduce and eliminate the odor.
Some of the best pet odor neutralizer products come with a bevy of non-pathogenic bacteria. These bacteria can also engulf odor molecules which can further add to the effectiveness of the pet odor removal system.
These are considered safe since the bacteria included in the formulation are of the non-pathogenic types.
Helps in minimizing colonization of harmful germs:
There are products that come with so-called concentrated oxygen. These are actually solutions that contain hydrogen peroxide or some other compound that is able to cleave oxygen when exposed to a chemical reaction.
Hydrogen peroxide is composed of two atoms each of hydrogen and oxygen. When the solution is applied onto surfaces that have pet odors, an oxygen molecule is cleaved from the compound to produce oxygen and water of H2O.
The freed oxygen is what oxidizes the odor molecules as well as harmful germs that are highly susceptible to the presence of oxygen in the environment.
Pet odor neutralizers that come with essential oils or plant extracts with known antimicrobial properties can also help provide for a relatively germ-free surface.
At the very least, you’ll feel more comfortable in the knowledge that your surfaces are sanitized to a certain extent.
Retains the quality of delicate fabrics and surfaces:
The best pet odor eliminator doesn’t contain harsh chemicals or bleaches that can damage your fabric surfaces such as upholstery, rugs, and carpets. You don’t want your carpet to have a blotchy appearance simply because the pet odor removal product you used contained harsh bleach that ‘burned’ a certain area of your carpet or any other fabric material.
The same is true with seats, floors, and even car upholstery. You want only the best product to use on these surfaces if you want to remove that nasty smell.
Best Pet Odor Neutralizer FAQ
Q: What causes pet odors?
A: Pet odors come from the bodily secretions that interact with bacteria, yeast, and other germs present on the dog’s skin. Urine, feces, and other bodily fluids excreted or released from pets also contain microorganisms that are already beginning to decompose.
As these organisms, together with many other chemicals, interact with the air they release gaseous substances that are interpreted by the nose as nasty or very malodorous. Other molecules can interact with these compounds to make the smell worse.
Other causes of pet odors include bad breath, the presence of ear infections, gas formation or the passage of flatus, problems in the pet’s anal glands, and improper diet. Medical conditions such as yeast infections, kidney failure, diabetes, and cancer can also bring about a nasty odor.
Q: Is there any way to prevent odors?
A: There really is no single way to avoid pet odors just as there is no way to prevent your feces from smelling. What you can do however is to help minimize the length of time that these pet odors linger in your home so your place will still smell fresh and clean.
The whole point about pet odor neutralizers is that these products will break down the odor molecules or somehow absorb them so that they will not be as noticeable.
That being said, it is imperative that you clean your pet’s mess as soon as possible since the longer it stays on a particular surface the more severe is the stench.
This is because there is an increasing number of decaying bacteria and other microorganisms releasing malodorous fumes into the air. The sooner you clean up the mess, the fewer microorganisms are able to release such noxious fumes. Vigilance is, thus the key to preventing pet odors.
Q: How do I prepare for pet odor removal?
A: The key to effective pet odor removal is prompt cleanup of the mess. With that in mind, you need to absorb as much fluid as possible from the affected area. You can place several sheets of paper towels or even newspapers over the damp area.
Do not rub the area since doing so will only spread the wetness to the surrounding areas. This will require a larger surface area to apply your pet odor neutralizer. The idea is for you to keep on blot-drying the area until such time that the paper towels no longer show signs of dampness.
This is your key that the area is already sufficiently dry so you can apply the pet odor eliminator of your choice.
Q: How much products do I need to use in my home?
A: You will need to look at the coverage of the product that you are using. If you intend to use desiccants as pet odor eliminators, you need to check the effective square footage of their products.
For instance, some products are good only for a measly 90 square feet while others can absorb odors in rooms as large as 350 square feet. If you’re using sprays these need to be applied only on affected areas so you clearly don’t need much, unless, of course, you’ve got multiple pets that are already turning your home into their own personal commode.
Q: Are pet odor neutralizers pet-friendly?
A: Not all pet odor neutralizers are pet-friendly or even kid-friendly. This is why it is important to choose only those products that come with all-natural ingredients so that you can be assured of exceptional pet odor neutralization while also ensuring the safety of your pets.
The point is for you to steer clear of products that contain harsh chemicals that may be toxic to your pet or, worse, may be toxic to your kids, too.
Our Top Pick
Angry Orange appeals to many pet parents because of its use of all-natural orange peels. As everyone already knows, orange and other citrus fruits have many applications including odor and stain removal. Unfortunately, it really isn’t as efficient as one with an enzymatic system.
It is for this reason that the Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator is our top choice for the best pet odor neutralizer. Its enzyme system and professional-grade formulation are more than enough to eliminate nasty pet odors as well as stubborn pet stains. It’s also the best carpet cleaner for dog urine primarily because of its bioactive enzyme systems. It is reasonably-priced and works well with a variety of surfaces without causing damage.
Pet odor neutralizers come in various types and forms. Some come as sprays while others as desiccants and gels. Some feature enzyme systems while others use botanicals and other safe, natural ingredients.
Whatever product you choose, you’ll definitely be more confident if you start with any of the products we’ve listed herein. Thanks for taking the time to read my Best Pet Odor Neutralizer Review Plus Buying Guide For 2022-2023.