Best Ozone Generators Review Guide For 2023-2024
Best Ozone Generators Review Guide For 2023-2024 – Join the millions that have trusted Best Reviews This Year.com to help them make smarter buying decisions.
Let our independent expert reviews and data-driven shopping recommendations help you find the Best Ozone Generator that’s right for you.
When standard household cleaners won’t improve air quality, it’s time to bring in the big guns with the power of an ozone generator.
Ozone attacks bad odors like cigarette smoke and pet smells at the molecular level, adding an extra oxygen atom to the odor molecule, changing its composition, and eliminating the odor.
These powerful devices kill harmful bacteria and viruses making them a high-tech cleaning solution for homes, offices, and commercial settings.
Read on to learn about features you should consider when shopping for the best ozone generator, and discover some of the top options available inside our Best Ozone Generators Review Guide For 2023-2024.
Airthereal MA10K-PRODIGI Digital Ozone Generator
As mentioned earlier, Airthereal has more than 1 heavy duty option available. Hence, we are including 1 more ozone generator from Airthereal.
In the 2nd position, we have yet another heavy duty option from Airthereal. Airthereal MA10K-PRODIGI Digital Ozone Generator is the successor for the previously mentioned Airthereal ozone generator with a few upgrades.
It has a similar power capacity that is 10000 mg/h and processes a similar life cycle of 20000 hours.
Although, you will notice that it has an LCD digital display on the front that can be used to control various aspects of the ozone generator. It has 5 different buttons on the control panel that will let you set up the generator in just seconds.
You can also program this generator to work for ½ hour after the interval of 12 or 24 hours so that you don’t have to set it every other week manually. It also has 3 years of the warranty period.
- Most powerful option
- 10000 mg/h capacity
- 20000 hours service life
- Produces a powerful oxidant
- Removes odor and prevents mold formation
- Digital display in front to adjust the timer
- Can be programmed for automatic operation
- Quick setup
- 3 years of warranty
- Color Blue
- Brand AIRTHEREAL
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 7 x 9 x 7 inches
- Power Source Corded Electric
- Item Weight 6.6 Pounds
About this item:
- POWERFUL CAPACITY: With a max ozone output of 10, 000mg per hour this ozone generator packs a punch compared to smaller-output units. Not just for home use, the MA10K-PRODIGI is perfect for larger areas like offices, restaurants, classrooms, gyms, hotels, garages, and more
- ODOR ELIMINATOR: Ozone is a very powerful deodorizing agent which removes leftover odors from smoke, cooking, pets, and general “musty” smells
- EASY CONTROLS: Extra buttons and settings make things confusing. With only 5 buttons on the control panel and an easy-to-read LCD display, you can get your ozone generator up and running in seconds
- EXTRA LONG TIMER & BULLETPROOF CASE: For tough odors, the upgraded timer on MA10K-PRODIGI allows you to produce ozone for up to 12 hours to eliminate the toughest odors and nastiest smells. Bulletproof may be a stretch, but designing the case from 304-grade stainless steel makes it anti-corrosive, easy to clean
- WORD OF WARNING: All ozone generators should only be used in unoccupied spaces. Don’t let people or pets enter the area until 30 minutes after ozone generation ends. Not available for sale in California; EPA Est. No.: 94720-CHN-1
- The warranty period is pretty long
- Capacity is great
- The price tag is a bit high
Enerzen High Capacity Commercial Ozone Generator
Enerzen might be a familiar name for many users as it has produced many popular products in the past. Here is an Ozone generator from Enezen.
Enerzen has created a milestone in the Ozone generator market as it has already sold over 100,000 units in the USA.
It is a very high capacity Ozone generator with an 11000 mg/h rating that is only suitable for commercial usage. The Enerzen High Capacity Commercial Ozone Generator uses up to 40% larger fans that distribute Ozone evenly for comparatively less time.
You will be getting a washable stainless steel filter on the rear side of the generator that is assured to last a lifetime without needing any replacements whatsoever.
It features a 180 minute timer with hold function if you need a longer treatment or if you are using it for the first time. It is made up of industrial grade aluminum alloy case with powder coating for heavy build quality. It has only a year of warranty from Enerzen.
- High capacity Ozone generator
- 11000 mg/h capacity
- Suitable for commercial usage
- 40% larger fans
- Evenly distribution of Ozone
- Quick action can be obtained
- Washable stainless steel filter
- 180-minute timer with hold function
- Made up of industrial grade aluminum alloy case with powder coating
- Heavy build quality
- 1-year warranty
- Color 20,000 mg/h – Gray (O-888)
- Brand Enerzen
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 6.75 x 8 x 5.75 inches
- Power Source Corded Electric
- Item Weight 5 Pounds
About this item:
- BETTER RESULTS W/ UNIQUE PULSATING FEATURE: Enerzen’s O-888 circuit board with 20,000 mg/h adjusts fan speed and ozone output to create a “pulsating” effect. This aids in destroying any lingering “musty” or imbedded odors and results in longer lasting treatments.
- DESTROYS ODORS YOU CAN’T REACH: Ozone reacts directly with contaminents in the air, water, fabrics, and walls to destroy instead of mask them. Unlike other types of air purifiers, it does not require air passing through the machine to eliminate odors.
- COMMON USES: Odor decontamination in cars, boats, dumpsters, kitchens, bathrooms, basements, flood and fire affected areas, as well as any cooking, smoking, pet, “musty”, or general odors.
- EASY OPERATION: Turn the timer knob. Leave the space. When ozone generation is finished, allow an additional 30 minutes for any residual ozone to revert back to breathable air.
- WARNING: All ozone generators are meant to be operated in unoccupied spaces only. Remove any people, pets, or plants. The space may be re-occupied after 30 minutes of “airing out”.
- Great build quality
- Power capacity is best in comparison
- The warranty period should have been longer
Ivation 5-in-1 HEPA Air Purifier & Ozone Generator
Ivation is known for its home-based appliances and life-improving products. They also have a compact Ozone generator that should be looked into.
Ivation 5-in-1 HEPA Air Purifier & Ozone Generator is basically an all in one option that can clean, freshen and filter the air from dust and airborne particles.
Hence, you can get a more comfortable breathing experience in your bedroom as well as your office cabin. It is powered by negative ION technology that releases positively charged particles for maximum effect.
The multilayer design on Ivation 5-in-1 HEPA Air Purifier & Ozone Generator delivers maximum possible purification.
Along with that, it features Ozonator, HEPA filter, activated carbon filter, photocatalytic filter & ultraviolet germicidal lamp. It has a year of warranty from Ivation that is comparatively less than many other options.
- All in one option
- Clean, freshen and filter the air
- Comfortable breathing experience
- Powered by negative ION technology
- Best effect
- Multilayer design
- Features Ozonator and HEPA filter
- Activated carbon filter, photocatalytic filter & ultraviolet germicidal lamp
- 1-year warranty
- Color Wood
- Brand Ivation
- Power Source Corded Electric
- Filter Type UV Light
About this item:
- THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT MEET CALIFORNIA AIR CLEANER REGULATION REQUIREMENTS: CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA – ALL-IN-ONE AIR PURIFIER – item IVAOZAP04 Cleans, Freshens, Filters & Eliminates Dust & Airborne Contaminants for a More Comfortable Breathing Experience in Home or Office
- POWERFUL OZONE GENERATOR – Electrical Charge Converts Oxygen to Ozone for Clean-Smelling Effect; Removes Odors Caused by Smoke, Pets, Food, Paint, Etc.
- NEGATIVE ION TECHNOLOGY – Releases Positively Charged Particles to Minimize Dust, Dander, Mold Spores, Pollen & Other Common Indoor Allergens & Pollutants
- 5-IN-1 AIR FILTRATION – Multilayer Design Delivers Max Purification; Ozonator, HEPA Filter, Activated Carbon Filter, Photocatalytic Filter & Ultraviolet Germicidal Lamp
- EASY TO CLEAN & OPERATE – Unit Features Beautiful Cherry Wood Exterior, Removable Fan Grill & Control Knobs to Adjust Ozonator & Ionizer/UV/Fan Speed
- Compact Ozone generator for general use
- Multilayer filter provides very clean air
- Capacity is very low
Alpine Air Store Ozone Generator
Alpine Air Store Ozone GeneratorIf you are looking for a budget-friendly ozone generator, then Alpine Air Store is the right brand to choose from.
This ozone generator can be used in rooms and cars for removing pollutants. It is capable of removing smoke, mildew and odors. It comes with adjustable output – high is 10,000mg and low is 5,000mg.
It comes with patent pending quick zone change adapter. You can easily clean it without even opening the adapter. For providing extra durability, it is coated with industrial powder coating.
This ozone generator is compact and portable. For easy transportation or handling, an ergonomic handle is provided at the top.
- Powder coated exterior
- Extra-large heavy-duty design
- High performance
- Large handle for easy transportation
- Easy to clean adapter
- Trusted band for service and sales
- Adjustable ozone output
- Color Black
- Brand Alpine Air
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 11 x 9.7 x 8.5 inches
- Item Weight 6.4 Pounds
About this item:
- Adjustable High(10,000mg) & Low(5,000mg) Output- The ONLY machine in market that’s adjustable (with 2 ozone module inside).
- Patent Pending Quick Ozone Change Adaptor- Easy to clean ozone module without opening the machine.
- Trusted Brand- Over 10+ Years of Sales & Service. Buy with confidence.
- Powder Coated Exterior- Industrial powder coating for extra durability and usage.
- Extra Large & Extra Heavy Duty Design- 2x Ozone Module, Larger Unit with Larger Handle, and Extra Heavy-duty performance.
- Suitable for general use
- Heavy-duty performance
- Warranty is not provided.
OdorFree Villa 3000 Ozone Generator
OdorFree Villa 3000 Ozone GeneratorHeadquartered in North Florida, OdorFree has committed itself to provide high-quality odor removing products at affordable prices.
The Villa 3000 ozone generator is ideally suited for deodorizing large spaces as it can cover an area of 3,000 sq. ft. This is achieved by having an output capacity of 150 to 1,800 mg/hr. You can adjust the output power depending on the area you want to deodorize.
The ozone generator has a timer for 1 to 12 hours. You can use the ozone generator manually or set the timer depending on the time you want to deodorize. It weighs only 9.75 pounds and you can carry it around easily. Besides, it is very easy to maintain this ozone generator.
The ozone generator is covered under a 5 years warranty from the date of purchase.
- Ideal for large spaces
- Covers an area of 3,000 sq. ft
- Adjustable output power of 150 to 1,800 mg
- Weighs 9.75 pounds
- Has a timer of 1 to 12 hours
- Comes with plates and a filter
- Easy to maintain
- 5 years warranty period
- Color Blue
- Brand OdorFree
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 14.5 x 11.1 x 10.9 inches
- Power Source Corded Electric
- Item Weight 9.75 Pounds
About this item:
- THE ORIGINAL ODORFREE – Over 20 Years in The Ozone Industry – “Our Mission is to Eliminate the Source of the Odor in Each Location.”
- HOW IT WORKS – The OdorFree takes normal Oxygen (O2) and converts it to Ozone (O3) which fills every cubic inch in the space. Ozone is a powerful oxidizer that breaks apart odor molecules and eliminates odors at the source.
- UNOCCUPIED SPACES ONLY – The EPA, FDA and he American Lung Association recommend that ozone only be used in unoccupied spaces. Wait at least two hours before reoccupying the space.
- CONVENIENT 1 to 12 HOUR TIMER – Or Manually for Longer Treatment- Covers up to 3,000 sq ft – Output from 150-1800 mg/hr – Comes Complete with Plates and Filter. (This model was formerly designated as the Villa 1000)
- FIVE YEAR WARRANTY – Easy to Maintain – Adjustable Ozone Output.
- Decent output capacity and power
- Long warranty period
- A bit on the expensive end
OdorStop OS900/6G – Ozone Generator
OdorStop might be a lesser-known name in the market as of now. But we can assure you that they have a very reliable Ozone generator.
In the 3rd position, we have placed the most reliable option from our list that is the OdorStop OS900/6G – Ozone Generator.
It is a great generator for smaller spaces as it has a capability of 900 square feet coverage area within which it can deodorize and purify the air for maximum comfort. It also prevents mold, bacteria, viruses, tobacco smell, and various other unpleasant elements.
It is also a pretty lightweight option that weighs only 6 lbs along with a compact aluminum housing. It comes with a 2-hour timer with a hold option that can be used for a prolonged session.
You will be getting a moderate capacity of up to 400 mg/h that should be enough for a small room. It is backed by 5 years of the warranty period that is higher than any other option available in the market.
- Most reliable option
- Great generator for smaller spaces
- 900 square feet coverage area
- Deodorize and purify the air for maximum comfort
- Prevents mold, bacteria, and virus
- Lightweight option
- Weighs only 6 lb
- Comes with a 2-hour timer
- Hold option on the timer
- 400 mg/h capacity
- 5 years of warranty
- Brand OdorStop
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 11 x 10 x 9 inches
- Power Source AC/DC
- Control Method Touch
- Filter Type Charcoal filter
About this item:
- ? TREATMENT AREA OF 900 SQUARE FEET+: The OS900/6G is perfect for deodorizing and sanitizing small to medium spaces such as hotel rooms, bedrooms, offices, cars, RV’s, and boats. It will eliminate odors caused by mold, bacteria, viruses, tobacco, smoke, animals, cooking, and more.
- ? PATENTED DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY: The OS900/6G has a compact, high quality aluminum housing, is lightweight (6 lbs), has a 2-hour timer with a hold option, 1 high output ozone plate (400 mg/h), a replaceable filter, an 80 CFM fan, a folding handle, and comes ready to use with no assembly required.
- ? TOP RATED FOR A REASON: OdorStop continues to set the standard in the ozone industry with innovative concepts and designs. With more than 15 models to choose from, we have a model for every odor and sanitizing need. OdorStop is trademarked and trusted!
- ? BUYER’S BEWARE: Many companies grossly exaggerate ozone output and treatment areas, knowing customers have no ability to verify their overstated claims. Also, some do not have a presence in the U.S., a stated warranty, or any customer service at all.
- ? CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS OUR #1 PRIORITY: OdorStop is a U.S. company with a 24-hour customer service hotline and a website with instructional videos. We offer an industry leading 5-year warranty and a 30-day money back guarantee. Buy with complete confidence today!
- The warranty period is best in class
- Great for portability
- Capacity is very low
New Comfort 6 Stage UV Ozone Generator
New Comfort is rather a fresh name in the market as of now and gaining popularity slowly. Even though it is new, it is still a very reliable brand.
In the end, we have another great Ozone generator that uses 6 layer filtration to remove, capture, or eliminate nearly any airborne particles. The filters consist of a HEPA filter and a powerful 5-speed fan that allows an effective area to be up to 3000 square feet.
The high output fan pulls air through the HEPA filter, which captures 99.97% of airborne particulates, providing a satisfactory result.
Along with the Ozone release, this Ozone generator uses Tio2 and UV air cleaning system that is the most powerful way to eradicate viruses and molds.
Hence, it can be an ideal option for hotels, car dealerships, salons, labs, restaurants, etc. You will be getting long 3 years of the warranty period from New Comfort, making it yet another reliable top from our list.
- 6 layer filtration system
- HEPA filter
- Powerful 5-speed fan
- The effective area up to 3000 square foot
- Captures 99.97% of airborne particulates
- Uses Tio2 and UV air cleaning system
- The ideal option for hotels, car dealerships, salons, labs
- 3 years warranty
- Color Black
- Brand New Comfort
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 10 x 8 x 11 inches
- Power Source AC
- Item Weight 10 Pounds
About this item:
- 6 TIER FILTRATION – New Comfort CA3500 air purifier uses 6 types of filtration designed to keep your air clean. This unit is full of the tech that has been proven to remove or reduce airborn particles, allergens, viruses, mold spores, odors, dust and more. EPA Establishment Number 94263-CHN-1
- This model of air purifier demonstrated, through independent testing, to be effective at removing 99.99% of Viruses, 99.98% of Symbiont Bacteria, and 97.03% of Black Mold Spores in the air. Test results showed reduction of 99.99% of airborne Human CoronaVirus 229E, 99.99% of airborne Influenza A H1N1 Virus, 97.03% of airborne Aspergillus Niger (Black Mold), and 99.98% of airborne Staphylococcus Albus (bacteria). This independent test was performed in a 1,059 cubic feet test chamber for 2hrs
- HEPA FILTER AND POWERFUL FAN – Powerful 5 speed fan is rated to clean up to a 3000 sq/ft area! The high output fan pulls air though the HEPA filter which captures 99.97% of airborn particulates down to .03 microns.
- OZONE GENERATOR – Ozone and is the most effective way to remove odors from any area. Use this unit to effectively remove odors like cigarette smoke, pets, chemical & paints, food, musty odors and more. Perfect for smokers, hotels, car dealerships, salons, labs, restaurants, farms, hospitals, schools, basements, water damage or everyday home use.
- 3 YEAR FACTORY WARRANTY – The U.S.A. based New Comfort engineer team works hard to ensure every product sold is up for the toughest jobs and harshest cleaning environments! That is why New Comfort offers a 3-Year Factory Warranty. You can buy in confidence knowing New Comfort will be here to honor any warranties and provide support to keep your home clean for many generations to come. DOES NOT MEET CALIFORNIA REQUIREMENTS, CAN NOT BE SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA
- The warranty period is pretty long
- The filtration system is superior
- Capacity is a bit low
Best Ozone Generators Buying Guide For 2023-2024
Till now, you came through the best ozone generators available in the market. Among them how do you know which product is your best-suited option?
For this, you need to analyze your necessities before buying. So, to help you in making the final decision, we are providing a guide with all essential information about ozone generators.
Here are some must to consider factors while shopping for an ozone generator.
One has to know about its different types available for ozone generators and how to safely use them before picking one for your office or home. Ozone generators come in 4 main types – ultraviolet, corona discharge, cold plasma, and electrolytic. Let’s know about them in detail.
This ultraviolet ozone generator splits the oxygen molecule by using ultraviolet (UV) light to create ozone. They take relatively more power and time to generate a little of ozone.
Thus, it is a perfect option for small spaces (like small offices, hotel rooms, and bedrooms), yet not an ideal to clean air in larger spaces (like commercial use or large rooms). It is the least efficient type and least expensive as well.
Corona Discharge –
This corona discharge ozone generator is a powerful type that uses electric current for splitting oxygen molecules and thereby generate ozone. They create an electric field on the surface, in which the oxygen molecules get splits into individual single atoms. Then it recombines quickly to create ozone gas.
It is efficient economical, and potent that won’t require a long time to sterilize the space. Thus, it is a perfect option for large spaces, yet it depends on the size of the space.
However, it produces some heat while operating, why because, to produce a powerful electric current, the machine needs heaps of energy.
Cold Plasma –
This cold plasma ozone generator uses cold plasma generated from two adjacent neon tubes in a sealed chamber for splitting oxygen molecules. Here, an electrode will create an electrical field by sending an electric current through the chamber. Then it splits the oxygen atoms and re-combine to produce ozone gas.
Not like corona discharge models, they produce less heat, yet create the equal quantity of ozone gas. This machine is not common to use in households. Compared to its counterparts, these are more expensive, and bulky as well.
This electrolytic ozone generator is designed to use for water treatment. Here the molecules get split into oxygen, hydrogen, and ozone. Water pumps into an ozone generator that splits oxygen in the water to produce ozone.
This ozone water treatment will dissolve into oxygen and won’t leave any harmful residues. It is the least common type that uses water as its starting substrate. It is less likely used in the home, yet a few options are used in a commercial setting.
Size and Weight:
In general, ozone generators are comparatively small in size, except those we use in industrial/commercial settings are large size.
The weight of most generators is less than 7 pounds (a few weigh even 7 ounces). The size range of these generators will be from wallet size to toaster-size.
Their lightweight and compact size will allow them easy to fit in any room or work well even in smaller areas like car interiors.
Its small profile makes it portable and easy to move from one room to another. A few people even like to carry this handy machine while traveling, especially on tours or business trips to wind-up in a smelly hotel room.
Ozone output is essential to consider while shopping the ozone generators. It is given in milligrams per hour (mg/hr). A generator with a higher output value can handle the larger space.
Usually, a decent quality ozonator produce a minimum ozone of 350 mg/hour, while industrial purpose ozone generators will pump out a maximum of 12,000 mg of ozone per hour.
A lower output ozone generator will produce a maximum of 7000 mg/hr is the best option for apartments, smaller rooms, and cars, as it suits areas up to 1000 square feet.
A larger output ozone generator will produce a maximum of 10,000 mg/hr is the best option for larger homes or commercial purposes. It will clean and sterilize the air in space that ranges from 2000 – 3000 square feet.
Based on the room’s size and ozone output, the generator will take 5 – 20 minutes to effectively clean and sterilize the air. A general rule is that the higher the output level, the more space it can clean and in a shorter time.
Using a higher output ozone machine in a small space for a short time will shock the area that let you sanitize the whole room a couple of times within an hour. It is worth selecting an ozone generator that is perfectly suitable for the size of the intended space for constant use.
Most generator manufacturers reveal the total quantity in their product spsecifications. In case, if you don’t find it on a particular model, the appliance won’t produce sufficient ozone to make it effective.
Usually, almost all ozonators are portable, which makes it suitable for travel or home usage. Thus, this small unit weighs as less as 7 ounces, yet not more than a smartphone.
These are compact and has ergonomic handles that you have to plug into a standard 115-volt outlet. Thus, these portable generators can be moved /carried easily to other rooms around the home or in hotel room.
A misused ozone generator will cause serious health risks. So, one has to be careful and follow some safety measures while using this generator. It is a pollutant gas that harms your health. Over exposing to ozone may result in coughing, chest pain, asthma, throat infection, shortness of breath or other respiratory problems.
Due to these health risks, you can operate the ozone generators when no one is there around the area. Most generators feature a timer option that let you program them to turn on/off them at specific times without having your presence manually.
Also, the doors have to be sealed properly to prevent the ozone from getting its way to other areas/rooms of the home.
After finishing the cycle, it is crucial to wait for an hour (or more) till the ozone dispels beforehand re-enter the space.
For the safe, easy, and effective operating of these ozone generators, most manufacturers include a host of features (add-ons). Here are some of those features.
Coverage Area –
Depending on the size of the area you want to treat, scale the ozone generator purchase and pick the right option. Mostly, square feet are used to declare the maximum working area of these generators.
This essential feature will not let you be in the same room for tuning on and off the generator. Also, you can set the schedule to work a generator within a specific time without any need to press buttons manually.
Pick a model with a delayed start feature that will discharge ozone after you left the room. It offers complete control over the generator when it turns on & off.
Ozone Control –
A few ozone generators give you complete control over selecting a desired level of ozone. The generator will discharge the chosen level of ozone and thereby limit the potential hazard without producing more than you selected/required.
To remove stubborn odor and sterilize the indoor air effectively, the gas produced by the generator has to circulate all over the room.
For this, select an ozone generator having a good fan to distribute the gas throughout your space. Since ozone is a heavier gas than air, pick a model with a fan directed upwards for effective circulation.
Some models offer variable fan speeds, which pumps more gas properly into the room at a quick rate and thereby dissipate a strong odor.
Filter System –
Usually, an ozone generator is not capable to remove allergens from the air all by itself. So, ensure to select a model with a proper filter system to remove the dust, dirt, dander, and other allergens along with odors effectively.
Most modern ozone generators feature a remote to control all their operations. It let you turn on/off the machine, set a timer along with ozone output without doing it manually in front of the machine. You can operate the generator by standing in the doorway with this remote.
Durability and Build Quality:
The deep cleaning ability of ozone gas is due to its corrosive nature, which, in turn, damages the materials used in manufacturing the generator. So, purchase an ozone generator that is made from ozone erosion-resistant materials, such as stainless steel, silicon, titanium, Chemraz, polycarbonate, Kalrez, CPVC, and so on.
While materials like natural rubber, steel, zinc, magnesium, and nylon get affected severely by this ozone gas. It is a must to consider the build quality, durability and reliability of the product before making its purchase.
Periodic cleaning of ozone plates is required to maintain an ozone generator effectively. Most models will allow the user to remove the plates inside the unit easily. Regular cleaning of the plates will ensure the machine operates at its peak performance and extend the plates’ lifespan as well.
Other than electricity/power cost, there are some extra operating costs including replacing ceramic ozone plates, filters, and UV bulbs. Each ozone generator comes with a minimum of one consumable, ceramic ozone plates and one filter. UV bulbs are less common, while units do not use UV light, the bulbs will long-lasting.
We suggest you choose a trustworthy brand and verified customer reviews on the given product along with its comprehensive warranty. Ensure to check the most recent product reviews and customer support provided by the manufacturer before buying.
The price of ozone generators will be from $22 – $200, in which you have to pick the one offering decent quality and required features that come within your budget.
A compact unit without many features that handle small spaces will cost you around $22 – $50.
A table-sized model with special features that handle larger rooms will price between $50 – $90.
A commercial-grade model having special features like a filter system, ozone control setting, and other special features will cost you $100 – $200 (or more).
The warranty of an ozone generator is a must to consider factor to prevent end-up with a weaker and incompatible choice. Take a look at the warranty period allotted by the manufacturer to get a clear idea of its overall reliability. An ozone generator with a minimum of a 1-year warranty is most admirable. Also, some manufactures offer 3-year or 5-year long warranty on their product.
What is an Ozone Generator, and How does it Work?
An ozone generator produces and releases ozone gas into the air to remove unpleasant odors, kill micro-organisms and sterilize the indoor air.
This indoor air purification machine can be used in both household and commercial places. Yet, the user has to take some specific care while using this generator indoors. If not used correctly, it may harmful to both humans and animals.
Coming to its working procedure, the released ozone will attach to the dust particles and other contaminators in the air. Usually, the generator produces ozone by breaking down the oxygen molecules in the air.
The electric discharges of the generator will split oxygen into singular molecules where they re-attach to form O3 (if used corona discharge generator).
If using ultraviolet radiation type of generator, then the sun’s UV rays split the oxygen atoms to form O3, which is less applicable to ozone generators.
We already know ozone comprises three oxygen atoms, in which oxygen (two atoms) we breathe. The third atom is attached and detaches itself easily and re-attaches to other molecules. This blend with other molecules will result in a chemical reaction. It makes the ozone kill fungus and molds.
How to Safely Use an Ozone Generator:
One has to follow some safety measures while running an ozone generator. If not correctly using the machine, then you and your family members (including pets) are exactly getting at risk. So, to make it use safely without any dangerous threats/risks, you should know how to use this generator safely.
Follow the below mentioned detailed procedure of operating them properly and to prevent causing any harm.
- Ensure that every living thing/being (including people, pets and plants) is out of that room before you turn ON the generator.
- Ozone might damage certain metals and materials like plastic, rubber, artwork and fabrics. So, we suggest you cover or remove anything which is quite significant from the room.
- Avoid re-entering into the room for an hour or two after the generator finished operating. Allow some time to dissipate the ozone gas and to make sure that it is safe to enter into the room.
Drawbacks and Dangers of Using Ozone Generator:
- However, ozone is a safe component in the high atmosphere, yet becomes a bit dangerous when used in low atmospheres. Here are some points to keep in mind while operating this ozone generator.
- It turns to hydrogen peroxide when it comes to contact with water. The same will happen when it gets contact with the liquid in our nose, eyes and lungs.
- Whenever there is an increase of ozone level in the air, then it results in increasing cardiovascular complications and asthma attacks.
- It makes you sneeze, cough, and feel chest pain when you breathe in ozone for a longer time.
- High exposure to the ozone will develop sensitivities to pollen, molds, and other triggers to allergies. Also, high levels of this ozone might result in reduced immunity and respiratory problems.
- Air cleaners producing ozone can react with other chemicals to create dangerous toxins, which cause irritation to the lungs and result in health issues.
- A study states that different people show different levels of susceptibility when they are exposed to ozone gas. So, it is better to stay away and leave the room when the generator is working or releasing ozone.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is the difference between an ozone generator and an air purifier?
Ans: An ozone generator will create and release ozone gas to sanitize and clean the air and objects around it. While air purifier traps pollutants, allergens and other substances with the help of a filter beforehand returning the air to the room.
Q: Can we get rid of cigarette smoke with this ozone generator?
Ans: We can easily get rid of cigarette smoke by using an ozone generator. Here the ozone will attack smoke molecules at its source. Thus, the generator is a perfect option for spaces that are exposed to fire damage, cigarette smoke, and cooking odors.
Q: How long does an ozone gas will take to dissipate?
Ans: Based on the amount of ozone (mg) produced by the generator, ozone gas stays in the air from 30 minutes to 4 hours. We suggest you to re-enter the room safely after 1 – 2 hours of treatment with ozone gas.
Q: Can ozone generators kill mold?
Ans: Due to its high concentrations of ozone, the generator can easily kill mold spores permanently. The generator is considered commonplace for mold remediation contractors. While surface mold clean-up is required for remediation of mold thoroughly.
Q: What is the average lifespan of an ozone generator?
Ans: One has to know how long does their ozone generator will last before buying and using it. However, the average lifespan of this generator will be around 3 years. The machine’s lifetime depends mostly on the frequency of its usage and regular cleaning of its plates.
Q: Is this ozone smell go away easily?
Ans: Usually, ozone smell will dissipate eventually within 12 – 24 hours after finishing the ozone treatment. In case, if the area where you run the machine gets over-treated, then the ozone smell remains for a few weeks.
Q: How effectively does an ozone generator remove odors?
Ans: An ozone generator is effective in removing odors, which makes it ideal for high-traffic areas like bathrooms or kitchens. Some powerful generators can clean the air and eliminate odors from spaces as large as 3750 square feet.
Q: How long an ozone generator has to run?
Ans: It completely depends on the size of the space directly. You have to run it for about 3 – 10 hours for a room, and thereby a minimum of 25 – 30 hours for a house, which is sufficient to destroy almost all pollutants. It is a must to wait for 30 minutes to 4 hours for ozone atoms to revert back into oxygen and thereby to have a safe entry into the room/space after the machine has stopped working.
Q: Shall we use this ozone generator in hospitals?
Ans: Since, an ozone generator kills micro-organisms within a limited/restricted space, they are used widely in hospitals to sanitize a room every time a patient leaves the room or space. They are perfect for sterilizing rooms, even for surgery.
Q: What smell does ozone have?
Ans: High-concentrated ozone has a sharp smell, and mostly it is described as chlorine-like. As most people even feel it after and before the storm.
Q: How safe is an ozone generator to use it?
Ans: An ozone generator is extremely hazardous if not used correctly, even these are banned in California. So, it is a must to follow the proper safety precautions while using them. Also, leave the home when it is running and give it some time to air out after it’s running. To ensure safe and sterilize air, you have to use a handheld ozone detector before getting back into the house.
An Ozone generator in your living room or bedroom can certainly turn your life around. From a humid and uncomfortable environment, you can easily switch to a relaxing, fresh, and bacteria-free surrounding. But, to get the best possible results, you need to buy the best Ozone generator that can be obtained from the market.
As there are hundreds of different options, it is very difficult to settle down on just 1 product. To help you with that, we have shortlisted the best Ozone generators that are available for you right now and provided them along with their detailed information. We have also provided a buying guide to help you understand the Ozone generators in general. But, if you don’t want to go through the trouble of a tedious selection process, here are our recommendations:
You might be thinking that an Ozone generator will require a significant investment. But, Alpine Air Store Ozone Generator will surely change your mind. It is the most budget-friendly option from our list with 10000 mg/h capacity and comes with 1 year of warranty.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a high capacity Ozone generator for your home, then you need to go with the Airthereal MA10K-PRODIGI Digital Ozone Generator as it has a massive 10000 mg/h capacity and it is also backed by 3 years of warranty.
Lastly, we will suggest the OdorStop OS900/6G – Ozone Generator, as it is the most reliable option from our list. It has a moderate capacity of 400 mg/h. But, it is backed by a long 5 years of warranty that cannot be seen on any other option.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Ozone Generators Review Guide For 2023-2024.