Best Mini Space Heater Review Guide For 2023-2024
Best Mini Space Heater Review Guide For 2023-2024: A lot of you already have heat in your homes. But are looking for a small heater to take care of the spots that just need a little more heat. Or maybe you live in the south where occasionally you need heat for a couple of hours. A space heater can be the ideal way to add heat to a chilly room. Especially when the weather starts to turn cold. Also, they can be used in small rooms to heat the entire space. Also they work well in many areas to direct heat towards you.
This is where a mini space heater is ideal for providing localized and short-term heat. There is literally no limit to where they can be used as they are portable and lightweight. In case the unit becomes too hot many space heaters have automatic shutoffs for safety. So that you can easily control the temperature, they have temperature settings. Likewise space heaters can be used in bedrooms, bathrooms, or any other space around the home.
Space heaters work well in older homes that may be drafty and cool. In offices where you may not have control of the thermostat and need extra heat around your work space. Really any place you can think of.
Finally in my Best Mini Space Heater Review Guide For 2023-2024 you’ll read reviews on some of the best mini heaters available. And my buying guide will provide you with additional information to help you make your choice.
Best Mini Space Heater Buyers Guide For 2023-2024
The Difference Between Mini Heaters & Other Space Heaters.
To help answer that question the most obvious clue is the ‘mini’ in the name. Mini space heaters weigh a lot less than normal space heaters. They are a lot smaller in terms of their dimensions too. You’ll find some weighting less than a pineapple and being no longer than 6 inches on their longest side.
Their small size and weight mean mini space heaters are very portable. So you can move these from room to room or into your workplace very easily. Another major difference between a mini heater and other space heaters is where you place them. They can go on lots of different places. Like worktops, side tables, desks. And also they can be held by the user for a few minutes until the heater gets them warm enough.
There is no way you can do this with a full-size space heater. Many mini space heaters have fewer options, such as fan only or heat settings. But not all so this is something you should look out for when considering which mini heater to buy.
You can either buy a simple mini heater with few options. Or you can get one with more options. Like oscillation, and heat level options, mini space heaters with these are available too.
Locations Mini Space Heaters Are Ideal For:
There is probably an argument that could be made that would suggest that mini space heaters could be placed anywhere. That essentially means that mini space heaters could be used in any room in the house. Except one, due to the risks of using any electrically powered products in a bathroom.
You’ll soon discover they are not made to heat up large rooms. Mini space heaters are best used for providing very localized heat. Where the beneficiary is going to be just one person. Below you’ll see some locations which are perfect for the mini space heaters. Where they would be a better and more cost-effective option, than a full-size space heater.
There should still be room for a mini space heater even if your bedside table is small. And you have a alarm clock and lamp already sitting on it. It could take the chill off when you get up in those frosty mornings. Even help warm you as you get into bed on a cold night. If you had a mini space heater next to you.
For couples that share a bed I would suggest getting two. One for each bedside table, why share if you don’t have to. The alternative is to fight over who gets custody of the mini space heater. On any given cold night or morning. Which I assume you wouldn’t want.
You wouldn’t think you would want a mini space heater in the kitchen. As that room can be warmed up from the heat coming from grill, cooker rings or oven. But they are not on all the time.
Although the kitchen is a room that can be warmed up due to the heat coming from the cooker rings, grill or oven, they are not on all the time. This is especially true when rather than cooking meals you are preparing them.
A mini space heater sitting on your kitchen countertop right next to you is a great way to stay warm. Whether you are mixing a cake recipe, dicing steak, chopping vegetables, or simply cleaning down your countertops.
You also have a great way to help stay cooler when the food you have been preparing is being cooked. And the temperature in the kitchen is rising. If you buy a mini space heater with a fan option.
Office Or Study:
Either on top of or underneath, a desk is one of the most popular uses for a mini space heater. This could be your home office desk, or it could be the desk you have at work.
Mini space heaters are so small and lightweight that you can easily pick it up and carry it to work. They’ll help you stay warm on cold days, and if they have a fan only option, cool you on hot days.If your planning to take a mini space heater to work look for one that is proven to be quiet. You don’t want your mini heater to be loud and distracting to everyone around you.
In your living room or lounge, you will most likely already have a decent source of heat. Whether that be central heating or other heat sources. A mini space heater on a side table or coffee table near you. Or on the floor to heat your feet. Would be the answer if you need or want that little bit extra heat on a cold day.
Additional Safety Considerations For Mini Space Heaters:
Their weight and small size is one of their main advantages. But some argue that because of that it brings problems. Specifically, there are dangers and increased risks with regards to mini space heaters that are maybe not as prevalent in larger heaters.
To make sure that those around you and yourself stay safe I will mention the top two safety risks And how to avoid them when using your Mini Space Heater.
Being Knocked Over:
If the heater is knocked over in any way, most of them, though not all, have cut-off switches which activate. This will switch off the heater. But the heater takes time to cool down. If the heater should land in or on anything which is easily combustible, there is a risk of fire. Such as a wastepaper basket in your office. Freak accidents due happen. So whenever you are using a mini space heater. Whether at home or in your workplace, please be extra careful not to knock it over.
Contact With Other Items:
There could be a moment where you cast aside something without thinking about it. No matter how tidy you are. The list of what this might be is endless. But some examples would be a kitchen towel, a newspaper, or a document at work.
This might never happen but the danger is there. They could easily land on or against your mini space heater. And if you didn’t notice it in time it could catch on fire. Either from the heat or from contact with the heating elements.
Or you have a pile of paperwork on your desk or magazine and newspapers on your coffee table at home. And you put the mini heater in the middle of it all, there is a chance that a piece paper, which is highly combustible, could cause a fire.
You just need to be careful to keep the area round your mini space heaters clear. Anything that could be or is combustible should not be placed near the heater. Not only paper but also other items such as fabrics.
What Every Best Space Heater Has:
The right heat for the job. You want a heater that heats up fast. Also distributes the heat quickly, using a fan. Easy-to-use temperature settings. You want a heater with the option to set either a specific
temperature or one with high, medium, low which helps save energy.
You want to look for one with adequate safety features. An overheat cut-off is essential. And some heaters take things a step further by adding a tip over sensor. Some other things to look for a case that stays cool to the touch. A nice, tight grills that keep the curious fingers of little ones away from heated elements. And also heat exhausts that
don’t become excessively hot.
Know Before You Go:
Will a space heater work for you? When reading over some reviews I found most-often cited disappointments that the heater failed to heat the space adequately. Mostly the result of unrealistic expectations and not the failure of the heater.Mini Space Heaters are designed for spot heating. Performance can also be affected by external factors such as inadequate insulation or drafty windows or doors.
Does Noise Matter To You?
Reports indicate that most mini space heaters are very good or excellent when it comes to keeping noise-levels reasonable. If you need one for an area where quiet is important, you might want to check out the models that have the best feedback regarding noise.
What The Heater Looks Like:
If your looking for a space heater to use occasionally or in private areas of the home you might not have to have a fancy one. For some, though, an unattractive heater isn’t ideal. For aesthetes, a nicer design may be worth a higher price.
Let’s Check Them Out!
Andily Space Heater Electric
- SMALL HEATER MEASURES: 6.2″ X 4.74″ x 8.3″ . Manual controls. Fully Assembled. Carrying handle for easy transport. Adjustable thermostat for comfortable warmth—ideal for home or office
- THREE MODES HEATER WITH FAN: 1.High Heat (1500-watt), 2. Low Heat(750-watt ), 3. Fan Only. Power indicator light lets you know when it’s plugged in
- CERAMIC HEATER ELEMENTS: Ceramic space heaters are fast to heat, produce abundant heat without open coils, and are long lasting
- SPACE HEATER WITH THERMOSTAT: The thermostat system can according to the thermostat setting let your room remain at a comfortable temperature.This heater can be used in small area (such as warming your feet),meanwhile warms up your surroundings
- FOR SAFETY: 1.Automatic overheat system will shuts the unit off when the parts of the heater overheat. 2.TIP-OVER SWITCH will shut off unite when tipped forward or backward.3. Power indicate light can lets you know at a glance that it’s plugged in. 4.ETL certified
First of all the Andily looks very much like a normal convection space heater. Effectively it’s just a very much smaller version of them. You’ll see it has the usual control options, one switch to turn it on and select
your heat option. You’ll get two different ones to choose from a 750 watt and a 1500 watts.
This unit takes no time at all to heat, up in just a few seconds it’s heating. By using the thermostat control you can adjust temperatures up or down. Finding a heat level that is the most comfortable for you. Best of all there is a third option which is to have the fan only running without any heat. So if you get one of these it can also cool you down in summer.
The andily is very portable and can be used in just about any room in your home when you need some personal, close-up heating.
- Things We Like
- Adjustable Thermostat
- Two Heat Settings
- Safety Cut-Offs
- Fan Only Option
- Small, efficient but a bit noisy
VersionTech Personal Mini Space Heater
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE: Three modes: 1. strong warm air:950W; 2. comfortable warm air:450W; 3. natural wind:5W. Adjust to your desired temperature, warm your cold winter. ★NOTE: red light means warm air, blue light means natural wind with a bar light display.
- PTC CERAMIC AND QUICK HEATING: The heating body adopts PTC ceramics, The fuselage adopts imported ABS flame retardant material, reaching V0 grade flame retardant, fast heating within 2s but not too high temperature with antisuperheating system.★NOTE: It will continue to work for about 20 seconds after turning off the power.
- SECURE & GUARANTEE: This product has overheating protection and tip-over protection, it will automatically shut off when over heat or tip-over.It provides forceful safety guarantee for users. ★NOTE: No hesitate to contact us for within 24 hours assistance for any problem.
- PORTABLE MINI HEATER: The heater is mini size (LWH: 220.127.116.11in, weight: 2.4lb) Easy to carry though the back carrying handle, allows you to use the product at anytime and in anywhere.★NOTE: When you pick up the product, please gently put him down.
- HUMANIZED DESIGN FOR WIDE USE: The warmer works quietly, no more than 45 decibels, no affect your sleep or work wherever in bedroom/ living room/ office. It is also especially suitable for infants / children or elder. As a gift for relatives and friends in a cold winter, and full of love in the warm air.
VersionTech Personal Mini Space Heater This is a very modern looking mini space heater. To me it looks more like a music speaker than a heater. It’s very portable with its handles and low weight and best of all it’s small size. Fits on bedside tables, kitchen countertops or office desks. Or simply placed on the floor next to you when you want to give your feet and legs some heat.
Don’t let the size fool you. It might be smaller than most heaters. But it has as many if not more functions than a lot of them. Let’s look at the heat settings. You can have it on a low or high heat. Simply by pressing
the ‘Soft / Strong’ button. Don’t want heat no problem just hit fan only as this is available on this model. To show the current heat setting a useful indicator light changes color. This heater will oscillate on both heat and fan only settings.
- Choice of Heat Settings
- Oscillation Feature
- Fan-Only Option
- Modern Styling
- cord a little short
Puraflame Clara Portable Mini Space Heater
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 9″ L X 5.7″ W X 12″ H; Three colors to choose from: red, black, white
- Portable mini fireplace heater; 100% LED lit coal flame effect; Flame effect can be used with or without heat
- Adjustable thermostat; Safety “Tip-Over” and Overheating Protection
- Supplies supplemental heat for up to 400 sq. ft.; Back handle design, easy to move and transport
- Ideal for use in cottage, trailer, home, office, dorm, or anywhere an extra temporary heat source is needed;
- Only 120V in the USA use; One year warranty
Puraflame Clara Portable Mini Space Heater Maybe you love imitation flames adding to the atmosphere of your room. If so then this might be for you. The imitation flame effect can be left on. Giving you the feeling of warmth. Even after you have switched off the heater.
I found this heater has three options. Flame Only that I already went over. Heat and Flame, this is used to replicate sitting in front of a real fire and keep warm. The third option allows you to keep the heater on, and to switch off the flame effect, which may be useful if you are using it in an office. Now let’s take a look at it’s safety features. Comes with an overheat cut-off and a tip-over cut-off
Safety features include an overheat cut-off, and there is a tip-over cut-off in case this mini space heater gets accidentally knocked over, which given how lightweight and diminutive it is, could easily happen.
- Overheat and Tip-Over Safety Features
- 1500 Watt Maximum Heat Output
- Imitation Flames Effect
- Adjustable Thermostat
- Fan Only Is Quite Noisy
- Thermostat Switch Is Fragile
FitFirst Portable Mini Space Heater
- PERSONAL SPACE HEATER: PTC heating material, 600 watts heat setting, warm air quickly within 2 seconds around you without overheating the entire house. Mini size provides effective, consistent warmth and won’t get in the way, powerful but quiet heater, It’s a must-have product in winter.
- TIP-OVER&OVERHEAT PROTECTION: This ceramic heater can be used by all without any safety concerns. Automatically shut off if the space heater tips over or overheated inside the heater, bring you conveniences and peace of mind while reading, working, sleeping or watching TV.
- AUTO OSCILLATION: SHOULD NOT be used in a wet or damp locations like bathroom. This heater can be set oscillate 45-degree right and left, covering 90 degree angles for multiple directions heating dispersal, Press the SWING button to heat a space more uniformly.
- VERSATILE FOR ALL SEASONS: Simply choose the modes by smart touching, firstly press will start up the 600w heating function, red light will turn on. Second press blows natural wind, blue LED will be on, simply one more press for powering off. Meet you need to cooling and warmth.
- PORTABLE HEATER WITH HANDLE: This portable personal heater offers a convenient carry handle that making it the perfect heater for taking with you wherever you go. Portable carrying handle behind the heater, easy to take it from the floor to the table or wherever it is needed the most.
FitFirst Portable Mini Space Heater Here is a very modern look mini space heater. Complete with LED function indicator lights and touch buttons. Confirming that it is certainly a present-day design. I can think of plenty of places you could use this heater. An office or study being the most obvious. Other suggestions are lounge, kitchen or bedroom.
You operate it using a modern switch. And its main control button is a one-touch operation. Press it once for heat, twice for fan only and then you press 3 times to turn it off real simple. Complemented by an LED light which turns red when the heat is on. And blue when it’s running as a fan only.
You can turn on the oscillation function using the second button on top. This allows you to distribute the heat and air across a larger area. For carrying purposes there is a handle. Safety is addressed by tip over and overheat cut off functions.
- Colored LED Function Indicator
- One-Touch Button Controls
- Oscillation Option
- Modern Design
- Doesn’t blow a lot of air, but heats up a small area very well!
Lasko My Heat Personal Mini Space Heater
- Quick Heat with Fan Delivery: makes this space heater perfect for the desktop, kitchen, or counter. The compact, ceramic heating element heats up and the built-in fan quietly distributes the warm air.
- Small, Compact Size: makes this space heater perfect for the desktop, kitchen, or counter. Measuring just over 6″ tall this handy heater is great around the house or home office.
- 200 Watts of Warmth – provides energy efficient warmth in a mini package. Thanks to the power of ceramic heat and fan powered delivery.
- Built-in Safety Features: overheat protection ensures the space heater does not overheat even if left on for an extended amount of time. The space heater also features a cool-touch exterior.
- Fully Assembled: allows you to take the heater out of the box and have it working it minutes. Simply plug the heater into a wall outlet, turn on the switch, and enjoy the warmth from your new Lasko space heater.
- Lower Power Usage: saves on your energy bill and helps to eliminate tripping the circuit breaker if multiple heaters are used in an office setting.
While this little heater from Lasko is the mini space heater category, it is so small I would put it in a ‘minuscule’ category. Your not going to find any mini space heater smaller than this. For this reason it makes it ideal for a side table in your lounge, kitchen worktops, bedside tables, and office cubicles.
It is not only small but it is one of the simplest to operate. It only has a off and on button that it. This can be a mixed blessing because those who hate complicated appliances will love it, those that like a bit more control may not. It may be small but it more than makes up for in terms of popularity and satisfied customers. As there have been literally thousands of them.
- Extremely Quiet When Running
- Ideal for Desks and Worktops
- Low Energy Usage (200 W)
- Very Simple to Use
- No Heat or Fan Only Options
- No Tip Over Protection
Having assessed all five of them, I personally like the VersionTech Personal Mini Space Heater the best.
The reason I like this one better than the others is two main reasons. First I just love how it looks. It’s very modern looking in its rectangular block shape. With its black color your able to use it in a both workplace and domestic environment also. My second reason is plain and simple. It has every feature you would want in any space heater. Let alone a mini one.
Heat options, fan only, safety cutoffs and oscillation are all there. Making it not only very desirable but great value for money too. So as this is my choice I highly recommend it. I hope you enjoyed this Best Mini Space Heater Review Guide For 2023-2024