Best Indoor Dog Potties Review Plus Buying Guide For 2022-2023
Best Indoor Dog Potties Review Plus Buying Guide For 2022-2023 – Indoor potty areas are great for older dogs who have trouble holding their bladders through the night. This allows them to be able to use the bathroom without disrupting your sleep.”
If you spend your days at work worrying about whether your doggie friend can hold it until you get back home, then perhaps an indoor dog potty could make your life a little easier and put your mind at ease?
Placing an artificial grass patch for dogs (or another type of pet loo) somewhere in the house gives your dog an assigned space to go if they need to do their business without needing any supervision.
While it might take some time training your dog to use indoor potties, dogs are intelligent animals, and they will get the hang of it if you are patient.
Indoor dog bathroom solutions are also great for rainy days, and especially for those dogs that refuse to set foot outside when it is wet or cold.
There are a few different dog potties to choose from, which makes it easy to find only the best indoor dog potties for dogs in your household to see my picks keep reading my Best Indoor Dog Potties Review Plus Buying Guide For 2022-2023.
Best Overall: PETMAKER Artificial Grass Puppy Pad Amazon’s #1 Best Seller
For almost the same price as the Fresh Patch and the DoggieLawn, the PETMAKER Puppy Potty Trainer The Indoor Restroom for Pets has one very distinct advantage: you will only need to buy it once as it is completely reusable, not disposable.
Unfortunately, synthetic grass doesn’t really ‘feel’ like the real thing, although it does ‘look’ like real grass. The synthetic grass has antimicrobial properties, nonetheless.
Composed of three layers with the synthetic grass forming the top and a urine collection bottom tray separated by a plastic insert, the PETMAKER provides a more practical and easy-to-use solution to address your pet’s indoor toileting needs.
All 3 layers can also be easily washed with warm soapy water. While it is practical, you’d really have to spend some time cleaning it.
- Triple layer design
- Made with antimicrobial and odor-resistant synthetic grass
- With durable bottom collection tray
- Easy to clean
- Brand: PETMAKER
- Model: 80-ST2025
- Weight: 4.1 pounds
- DOG TRAINING PADS – Fake grass pee pads are essential dog housebreaking supplies that help to make potty training your puppy or small pet, a bit easier
- ARTIFICIAL GRASS PUPPY PAD – Puppy pads are also perfect for owners that work long hours or live in apartments by providing a spot for your pets to relieve themselves indoors
- THREE LAYER SYSTEM – This pet pad encompasses a three-layer system that makes clean up effortless; The mat sits on top of the plastic insert that locks in and allows liquid to drain into the durable collection tray
- EASY CLEAN-UP – Cleaning the pet bathroom mat is quick and easy. Clean-up consists only of rinsing the three layers with soapy water
- PRODUCT DETAILS – Materials: Synthetic Plastic (Grass Mat) and Hard Plastic (Tray and Insert). Dimensions: 20” x 25” x 1.25”
- Anti-microbial grass helps the indoor potty to keep dog safe
- Highly durable and suitable for large dogs
- Easily washed potty system
- Takes up more space for an indoor potty area
- Takes more time to clean
Best Natural: Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty With Real Grass
One of the best things about the Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty is that it comes with hydroponically-grown grass that dogs and puppies will be naturally attracted to.
This can simplify the process of housetraining while also giving your already-trained hounds a more natural mini environment that they are more familiar with. This makes it a lot easier to ‘go’.
Because the design is disposable, there’s no need to clean and worry about messes as your pet’s urine will instantly be collected at the basement layer of the container.
Unfortunately, it can be a very expensive proposition as you’ll need more of these once the natural grass have died out or have already worn out.
- Includes hydroponically-grown natural grass
- Natural odor neutralizer
- Fully disposable design
- Brand: Fresh Patch
- Model: 001
- Weight: 9 pounds
- PET-TRAINING MADE EASY: Fresh sod mat helps dogs learn faster not to urinate and poop inside.
- CONVENIENT: Great potty option for indoor or older dogs; perfect for an apartment, balcony or porch.
- EXTRA-ABSORBENT: Doggy mat soaks up liquids and odors so your space stays clean and smelling nice.
- STRESS-FREE MAINTENANCE: Sod pad is dirt-free and fully disposable to enable easy cleaning.
- 100% NATURAL: Made in the USA from real grass, these mats are completely safe to use inside the home.
- Practical and easy to use for dog owners
- Uses an artificial grass pad
- Disposable pee pads are
- High level of waste due to potty pads
- Requires regular cleaning
Best For Small Dogs: Blyss Pets Klean Paws Indoor Dog Potty
The design of the Klean Paws Indoor Dog Potty is quite simple. As a matter of fact it is so simple that you can technically make one yourself. Simply get a durable plastic grate or screen, lay it across a frame, and provide a shallow pan upon which to drain and collect the urine.
But the great thing with the Klean Paws is that all these three elements are ingeniously crafted for easier setup and cleaning.
It is not grass, of course, but the grate won’t really hurt your pet’s paws. Additionally, since the holes of the grate are large enough, urine and other wastes can easily pass through and into the bottom pan.
There’s no worrying about it slipping across your floor, too as the Klean Paws comes with rubberized pads at the bottom to prevent slipping.
- Durable easy snap-on grate design
- Deep bottom collection tray
- With anti-slip rubberized pads
- Very easy to clean
- Brand: Blyss Pets
- Weight: 2 pounds
- ♥ KEEPS PAWS DRY ♥ – high quality perforated grate will allow pee to flow directly below your pets feet into the training pad or newspaper underneath keeping your pets feet dry and clean. Forget the mop or wet vac!
- ♥ NO MORE TORN PUPPY PADS ♥ – easy snap on/off grate system will prevent teething puppies from getting to training pads or newspaper in the pee pad holder. You have to buy them a real chew toy now!
- ♥ SAVE MONEY ON PADS ♥ – since your puppies paws will be dry and they can’t chew them up, you can use pads longer. You can even use old newspapers to save even more money! Your wallet will be happier!
- ♥ PROTECT FLOORS FROM ACCIDENTS ♥ – unprotected puppy pads can be tossed around or bunched up leaving your precious floors exposed to your puppies wrath. This training pad holder is on your floors #1 wish list!
- ♥ PERFECT FOR PUPPIES, SMALL BREEDS & CATS ♥ – this is perfect for brand new puppies that have to stay home until their vaccination rounds are done or small breed adult dogs. Also, its great for old cats that can’t jump into their litter box anymore.
- Middle layer pee pad works in combination with the bottom tray
- Low level of waste as it collects your dog’s pee
- Easy to use and ensures clean paws
- Takes more time than those with floor pads
- May be harder to train dogs to use, due to lack of artificial turf
Best For Large Dogs: PetSafe Pet Loo Portable Dog Potty
The PetSafe Pet Loo Dog Potty is suitable for homes and apartments that have no yard. Its portable design sets it up for both indoor and outdoor usage, so even if you are on the road with your dog, this Pet Loo Dog Potty would come in very handy. It features a unique waste collection system that solves spillage and odor problems that are common with other pet toilet products.
If you are looking to avoid those early morning toilet runs or having stains on your carpet, consider the PetSafe Pet Loo Dog Potty.
As a brand committed to ensuring the strengthening of the bond of companionship between pets and their owners, the PetSafe Dog Potty would help in creating moments together with your dog. The Pet Loo Dog Potty gives your dog the backyard it needs without space.
- Removable collection bin
- Pee-pod liner
- Wee Sponge absorber
- Synthetic grass mat
- Brand: Pet Loo
- Model: PWM00-14499
- Weight: 12 pounds
- PEACE OF MIND: Great for working pet parents or those that live in apartments and want to train the dog to use the restroom indoor
- LESS ODOR: The covered waste bin and Wee Sponge powder work together to trap smells and help keep the potty odor-free. Made of PET- Polyethylene Terephthalate plastic.
- CONVENIENT CLEAN-UP: The Pee-Pod slides out of the base and the Wee Sponge powder turns the urine into a gel on contact to easily dispose of the waste
- EASY-TO-CLEAN GRASS MAT: Synthetic grass mat can be easily cleaned with water; Simply remove from the base and rinse
- PERFECT FOR SMALL SPACES: The Pet Loo is great for smaller spaces such as RV’s, campers, apartments and patios
- FOR LARGE DOGS: Labrador, Golden Retriever, Australian Shepard, Husky, Boxer, etc.
- PRODUCT SUPPORT: PetSafe brand’s U.S.-based Customer Care experts are happy to help
- EXPERIENCE: PetSafe brand has been an industry leading U.S. manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
- Works as multiple litter boxes around the house or to create a large area
- Removable sections for easier cleaning
- Stops your dog from getting wet paws
- Takes up more space than others
- Needs a thorough clean after a while, to ensure there’s no rot
Best For Potty Training: Downtown Pet Supply Pee Turf Portable Dog Potty
The Downtown Pet Supply’s Dog Pee Potty Pad is a synthetic grass pee turf that is easy to clean, non-toxic, and has been treated with anti-microbial odor control. It is lightweight and mimics grass rather well.
This feature of mimicking grass is rather essential because dogs mostly prefer to perform their potty business on grass. The Dog Pee Potty Pad by Downtown Pet Supply will, therefore, have your dog using it with little to no training.
Because it has been designed to be weatherproof and portable, the Dog Pee Potty Pad can be used both indoor and outdoor; in porches and patios and balconies. It also has a drawer system that allows for easy cleanup and waste disposal.
And with a replaceable turf, Downtown Pet Supply has designed the Dog Pee Potty Pad in such a way that you will never run out of turf.
- Easy to use
- Drawer system
- Brand: Downtown Pet Supply
- Model: DG-CLN-PEE-25-DRW
- Weight: 5.6 pounds
- Easy to Use: Pet potty is lightweight, convenient, and mimics grass
- Clean & Convenient: Contains odor control technology, easy to clean
- Quality: Soft grass, Drawer System for Easy Clean Up and Disposal. Protects your Flooring.
- Indoor or Outdoors: Portable and weatherproof. Use indoor, porches, patios, balconies. Replacement turfs available
- Brand: Downtown Pet Supply
- Great odor control
- Anti-microbial to keep your dog safe
- Easy to train dogs to use this potty system
- Smaller than other choices
Best For Puppies: STARROAD-TIM Artificial Grass Rug Turf For Dogs
The STARROAD-TIM’s Artificial Grass Rug Turf is an artificial grass rug turf for dogs that promises excellent value. It is the perfect size for puppies and small dogs and has been designed to be weatherproof. This means it can be used both outdoor and indoor.
The Artificial Grass Rug Turf is easy to setup, with no assembling required; emphasizing simplicity and portability. With an eye on environmental protection, the Artificial Grass Rug Turf is made to be non-toxic and easy to clean – you just have to rinse it with water and soap.
- No assembly
- Perfect size
- Easy to clean
- Brand: STARROAD-TIM
- Weight: 2.1 pounds
- PERFECT SIZE: 39.3 inches by 31.5 inches. Make it ideal for puppies and small dogs, portable almost indoors, outdoors, terraces, sunrooms, balconies, and especially apartments. It’s easy to break into the dogs and puppies, giving you the advantages you need to train your dog and make your dog training easier. This artificial lawn is equipped with a convenient rubber pad. Therefore, it will remain in place while the children are playing or the dog is exploring. Patches can also be easily trimmed
- THE BEST TOOL: for potty training in the apartment, keeping your pet comfortable and your floor and carpet clean with the puppy dog,potty patch to make it easier for the home. Ideal for training as a pet puppy or dog. It also helps a dog who may not be able to go outside the bathroom.Tips :Our fake grass does not have a tray. For indoor potty training, an additional tray is required.
- EASY TO INSTALL AND CLEAN:weatherproof, no assembly. Settings are instant, simple, fast and simple. easy to clean.Just rinse with soap and water. Weatherproof design and materials allow you to place pet potty on the terrace, porch or balcony. Use friendly around your pet.
- HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT: the highest quality authentic lawn, 100% weather resistant synthetic yarn. – Green health. -rubber gaskets. – Tested completely lead free. Inspired by green Our indoor and outdoor synthetic grasses have been carefully designed to blend aesthetics and functionality. Instantly retouch any space for a green touch.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT: We strive to provide the best satisfaction for all our customers. If you are not satisfied with Artificial Grass Rug, please feel free to contact us and we will send you a replacement or give you a full refund.
- Easy to set up, due to no assembly required
- Weatherproof and suitable for use in an outdoor space
- Great size for large and medium-sized dogs
- Requires use with disposable pads to reduce the risk of leaks
Best For Senior Dogs: Richell Paw Trax Mesh Training Tray
If you are looking for the perfect potty training equipment for both puppies and older dogs, the Paw Trax Mesh Training Tray by Richell is a good one to consider.
Available in three different colors, with trays that have been specially designed to be used with the Paw Trax Super Absorbent Doggy Pads. With a snap-in frame engineered in the design, the doggy pad will be held firmly.
The snap-in frame also stops your pup chewing on the pads. When used with a doggy pad, the training tray provides valuable protection to your floor surfaces.
- Designed to be used with a doggy pad
- Available in three colors
- Snap-in frame for added security
- Brand: Richell
- Model: 94553
- Weight: 2.9 pounds
- The snap-in frame holds the doggy pad firmly in place and keeps dogs from chewing the pads
- The tray provides superior protection to floor surfaces when used with doggy pad
- Comes in three colors to fit your dog’s personality; choose from brown, green and pink
- Easy to assemble
- Highly portable and suitable for indoors and in an outdoor space
- Easy to clean, with reusable pads
- Requires the use of puppy pads in combination
Sonnyridge Easy Dog Potty
Almost twice the price of the PETMAKER, you’d think that the Sonnyridge Easy Dog Potty Training has more features to offer than the other brand of fully reusable indoor dog potty.
Having technically the same design principles including a three-layer system with the synthetic grass forming the top, a middle liner, and a bottom drip or drain and collecting pan, it is quite mind-boggling why the Sonnyridge is priced so differently from competition.
Both are very easy to clean and are made of exceptionally durable materials, too. Both also feature antimicrobial finishing in their synthetic grass mats. Perhaps the only difference is that the Sonnyridge synthetic grass looks more like the real deal than that of the PETMAKER. Still, it shouldn’t be enough reason to warrant almost doubling the price of your nearest competitor.
- Triple layer design
- Made with fully reusable and durable synthetic grass
- Antimicrobial-treated synthetic grass
- Comes with an impermeable bottom layer
- Brand: Sonnyridge
- Model: 1
- Weight: 4.6 pounds
- ?【DOG TRAINING】Artificial grass helps train your dog faster. This artificial grass is very similar to real grass.
- ?【CLEANLINESS】Artificial grass that’s been treated to absorb odors. Eco friendly and pet-friendly with a natural and realistic appearance.
- ?【EASY TO CLEAN】Rinse with soapy water and you’re ready to use again. Engineered to be durable and long-lasting.
- ?【3 LAYER SYSTEM】Outer layer synthetic grass, middle layer, a porous tray that separates the upper and bottom layers, bottom layer – a durable self-contained tray that holds the urine.
- ?【MONEY BACK GUARANTEE】We have the best warranty in the industry. If for any reason you don’t believe this is the best quality grooming kit, you will receive 100% of your money back, no questions asked for one year.
- Highly durable and rugged
- The bottom layer ensures there are no leaks when your dog uses the bathroom indoors
- Requires frequent cleaning
DoggieLawn Real Grass Dog Potty
Just like the Fresh Patch, the DoggieLawn Disposable Dog Potty can be a very expensive way to potty train your puppy or even address the accidents of your dog while pursuing housetraining.
However, if you don’t mind the price tag the DoggieLawn can be a very viable alternative since it also features real grass that has natural odor-fighting capabilities.
There is also no need to worry about cleaning it up since it works more like a disposable diaper which you can get rid of once it has completed its purpose.
The great thing about the DoggieLawn is that, like the Fresh Patch, dogs definitely will love the feel and smell of natural grass on their paws.
- Made of real grass
- Odor-free grass
- Requires no cleaning as it can be disposed of in an instant
- Brand: DoggieLawn
- Model: 8MRW
- Weight: 10 pounds
- 24 x 20 inch size of real grass (25% larger than the others!)
- Real grass helps neutralize odors
- Ideal for apartments, puppies, and busy pet parents
- Easy to use – Just throw away in a few weeks and replace with a new unit every couple weeks
- FREE dog training assistance if needed!
- The cleaning process is quick and easy
- Great for a young pup who is used to using real grass
- The best indoor dog toilet with natural grass
- Expensive compared to others
- High level of waste due to the pet pad
IRIS Training Pad Holder
If you’ve got a smaller dog and want the convenience of reusable pads with their indoor potty, this indoor potty system works brilliantly for your needs.
The sides latch down, so that the indoor potty can hold onto the pee pad without moving, making it perfectly safe for your dog to use at any point. This, plus the non-slip base, ensure the indoor potties are solid and suitable for your dogs.
The indoor dog potty reviews for this option are filled with happy customers who love how well it suits small dogs. This is a great choice for those who live in smaller apartments or have older dogs who sometimes struggle with other indoor potty options.
- Works with pee pads
- Suitable for small-medium dogs
- Drainage hole for pee
- Brand: IRIS USA
- Model: 301661
- Weight: 2.46 Pounds
- Secured latches hold pet training pads in place and prevent slippage.
- 4 non-skid rubber feet protect floor from scratches and hold tray in place.
- Dog potty pad holder has a high polish finish for easy cleaning.
- Designed to hold regular IRIS Neat ’n Dry pet training pads.
- Dimensions: 25.55″L x 18.90″W x 1.75″H
- Secure and fitted, with a non-slip base
- Latches hold puppy pads in place
- High polish makes it easy to clean
- Designed to work with the same brand potty pads only
Best Indoor Dog Potties Buying Guide For 2022-2023
Why You Might Need to Consider an Indoor Dog Potty:
There are many reasons why you may want to consider buying an indoor dog potty just for your pet. Let us try to look at some of the more common ones.
Your Dog Simply Isn’t Housetrained Yet:
Housebreaking is not only for puppies. Let’s get that straight. There are a lot of adult dogs that have never fully mastered their potty training indoors. That is why they still have ‘accidents’ every now and then.
It is for this reason that housebreaking is an essential aspect of pet ownership. You can still use an indoor dog potty to help with housetraining your dog so that, in the event that you’re away and they need to ‘go’, your pet will know exactly what to do.
Your Pet Has a Condition That Makes it Quite Difficult to Control the ‘Urge’ to ‘Go’
Elderly dogs will typically present with urinary and even bowel incontinence or the inability to control the urge to urinate or defecate, respectively. This is not so much as they really don’t like to control it, but rather because of the problems associated with aging whereby there is a reduced overall functioning of the nervous system.
Senior dogs are not the only ones affected, though. Even otherwise healthy dogs can still have issues with incontinence. What happens is that dogs tend to lose control over their eliminative processes because of a problem in their neuromuscular apparatuses.
This can be brought about by diseases, injuries, and even stress. At the very least, an indoor dog potty will allow your dog to have faster and easier access to their ‘eliminative zones’.
Your Hound is Really Afraid to Go Out:
There are dogs that simply refuse to go out because of a fear or phobia. For instance, not many dogs display a liking to the boom of thunder or even the crack of gunfire or fireworks.
There are also dogs that don’t really like the rain. In these instances, dogs can still control their ‘urges’. Unfortunately, they simply don’t want to go out because of these phobia-triggering events.
Now, you really have to help your pet eliminate. And one of the best ways to do it is by training them to use the indoor dog potty when the weather or any fearful circumstance outside is not really cooperating.
You Live in a Home That Has Very Limited Access to a Yard:
Apartment-dwellers typically don’t have the luxury of a lawn or even a backyard upon which their dogs can go to relieve themselves. These pets can only rely on the occasional after-office or early morning or late evening walks that their pet parents will make. Just imagine trying to hold off urinating and defecating for several hours for the simple fact that you don’t have a toilet to use.
Now, for the dog, it’s not really a problem since there is always the couch, the bed, the carpet, or on the floor. You don’t want this, of course. That is why you may really want to have an indoor dog potty.
You Don’t Have Time to Walk Them out Because of Busy Work Schedule:
We already mentioned this above. Most of the time, pet parents are so busy with work that they even work extra hours.
If your dog has already been accustomed to being brought out at 7 or 8 in the evening to defecate and urinate yet you are still in the office because of an all-important meeting or project, just imagine the difficulty of having to hold the urge.
If this continues over a long period of time your pet will be developing some real serious problems soon.
The Dog Lives With a Pet Parent with Physical Limitations:
There are dogs that provide companionship to elderly folks as well as individuals with limitations in their physical mobility.
They simply cannot afford to go in and out of the house just to let their pets defecate or urinate outside. In such cases, an indoor dog potty is a very handy solution.
Types of Indoor Dog Potties:
Currently, there are 5 different types of indoor dog potties. These are as follows:
Traditional Litter Box:
If you’re familiar with a cat litter box, a canine litter box is essentially the same. You need a box with high-enough walls to prevent scattering the litter substrate that you will be placed inside. Most recommend using recycled paper pellets as litter.
Dog Pee Pads:
These are nothing more than large sheets of fabric or even paper or a combination of both which you can place inside a shallow yet big-enough box for your pet to go in and urinate and/or defecate. These are commonly used in housebreaking. The major issue, of course, is that it can be messy for your dog the next time it goes into its ‘toilet’.
This effectively addresses the shortcomings of dog pee pads because it provides an elevated platform upon which dogs can step on, keeping their paws dry, while draining urine through the large holes of the screen. The grate also serves as a screen, making it easy to scoop your dog’s poop because it has been separated from your dog’s urine.
One of the advantages of real grass is that dogs love them as these resemble the very same materials that they defecate and urinate on outdoors. These have natural odor-neutralizing properties, too.
The downside, of course, is that they tend to be costly propositions since you will not be able to reuse them. On the other hand, there’s no need to clean them as they go straight to your garbage bin after the grass has died out.
The drawback of real grass is the strength of synthetic grass. They’re cheaper and have excellent odor-neutralizing properties, too. Unfortunately, you’d have to devote some time to cleaning them up.
Moreover, most dogs will need to be trained into accepting faux grass because, while it does look like the real deal, it simply doesn’t feel the same.
The Advantage of Grass Indoor Dog Potties:
Based on what we have presented so far, grass indoor potties are preferred over any other type of indoor dog potty especially when it comes to housetraining. It provides a host of advantages over the other types such as the following.
- Provides a natural environment which dogs are more familiar with. Since this is almost the same material that they are eliminating on outdoors, it makes it super-easy for them to accept the grass indoor dog potty as a natural extension of their outdoor toilet.
- Natural grass is known to have phytochemicals that can aid in neutralizing odor-causing germs. This helps eliminate the need for spraying the dog potty with artificial deodorizers.
- Grass indoor dog potties are also more comfortable for your pet. Plastic or synthetic grass is usually stiffer that it can actually hurt your pet’s paws. On the other hand, natural grass has a softer, downier feel to it.
- They are completely disposable, eliminating the need for cleaning.
- These give you a more eco-friendly solution for your dog’s elimination needs. It can also add to the beauty of your home interior.
- The Importance of Proper Indoor Dog Potty Sanitation
- Regardless of the type of indoor dog potty that you are going to choose, it is very important to observe proper sanitation. Remember that both dog urine and dog feces contain microorganisms that can bring a host of health problems not only to you but also other pets in your household. Keeping the canine litter box as clean and sanitary as possible should help prevent the transmission of disease-causing germs. Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on how to properly clean their products, especially the non-natural grass types.
Tips for Training Your Dog to Use an Indoor Dog Potty
Getting the right indoor dog potty is one thing. Training your dog to use it is a different matter. Here are some tips on how you can be more successful in housetraining your dog.
Always Start Them Early:
If you have a puppy, then make sure to train them while they are still young. That being said, if you have a new dog brought in from the shelter always make housebreaking as one of your top priorities, including a quick introduction to its new indoor dog potty.
Learn Your Dog’s Elimination Patterns:
Typically, dogs will want to defecate about 30 to 60 minutes after a meal. Puppies, on the other hand, have a much faster elimination pattern, typically between 5 and 30 minutes after a meal. So take note of your dog’s pattern so you can guide it towards its indoor dog potty accordingly.
Set Routines and Make Sure to Be Consistent With What You Have Initially Established:
If you are training your dog to defecate at 6 or 7 in the morning, then it is imperative that you do this on a daily basis. If you cap the night with a late evening stroll for a last-minute chance to ‘go’ just before bed, then make sure to observe this every single evening.
Mind Your Energy, Especially Your Anxieties:
You see, if you’re comfortable about housetraining your dog, it’ll be easier for them to learn routines. Don’t rush them or punish them if they don’t defecate or urinate when you go outside. The key here is for them to get accustomed to the routine.
Always Think About Positive Reinforcement:
Every time your dog is able to ‘go’ as expected, praise it. Give it a good hug or simply acknowledge its behavior. It will mean a lot to your dog.
An indoor dog potty is a great tool for addressing your pets’ need to eliminate, especially when faced with circumstances that prevent them from taking their business outside. With these indoor dog potties, you are now one step closer to bringing home an indoor toilet just for your dog.
Q: What is the best artificial grass for dogs?
A: You can either get a fake grass indoor potty dogs are sure to love, and which can be cleaned using soapy water. This variety is reusable, and the artificial grass pad resembles real grass. The other option is real grass dog potty pads (often praised in indoor dog potty reviews), grown in a cardboard box. These are replaced after a certain time; and since the product is environment-friendly and biodegradable, you won’t have to worry about harming mother earth.
The best artificial grass for dog potty in the market right now is the MTBRO Artificial Grass, Professional Outdoor Grass Mat for Dogs. What’s great about this product is that the grass is very durable and looks just like natural grass. It’s made out of high-quality material suitable for extreme hot and cold weather. Now you can make your training with your puppy easier and comfortable as the grass is very soft and paw-friendly. Also, the product has drainage holes for your dog’s pee that you can wash away quickly using a hose.
What is an indoor dog potty?
An indoor potty is designed to encourage your pup to go indoors in the same way as cats use litter boxes. However, they have a different set-up, which is better suited to dogs. This doggy litter box can feature real grass, or an artificial grass pad, to simulate an outdoor environment, which is appealing to your dog. However, they can also come as plain options, which are often easier to clean.
Q: Do indoor dog potties work?
A: Absolutely. Naturally, of course, they do require training, patience, and consistency when it comes to first using the indoor potty. However, once they’re all set up and comfortable with their new indoor potty, you’ll be amazed at how quickly your dog will take to their new potty arrangements.
Q: Where should I place an indoor dog potty?
A: In the same manner as you place a litter box, you need to pop your indoor potty in an area with low traffic. You should also try to use a corner, with some space surrounding this, so that your dog can feel safe and secure as they use the best indoor dog potty.
Q: Do indoor dog potties smell?
A: It’s important to keep your indoor potty clean and to empty it or remove waste straight after use. This will stop the build-up of bacteria and therefore stop the smell of dog waste before the indoor dog potty systems become malodorous. However, without regular cleaning, an indoor potty can absolutely begin to smell.
Q: How often should pee pads be changed?
A: If the dog does not go outside at all, then you’ll need to change the dog pee pads at least three times a day. However, if your dog is mixing indoor and outdoor dog potty trips, then you can change the pee pads as and when. So, when they look soiled, smell or simply have been sat around for a while, as you’ll need to consider the smell.
Q: How do I train my dog to use an indoor dog potty?
A: If training a puppy, you want to be moving your tiny friend to the pad every time it seems like he or she might want to pee. You can see this if the puppy starts sniffing around; especially after meals, sleep, and playtime, and you then simply place them on their pad, and if they pee – you give them plenty of verbal praise and encouragement.
Another trick is to let the pad soak up some misguided pee (if, for example, your puppy pees on the floor) so that the pad will smell like their own urine for the next bathroom break. Dogs tend to pee where they have peed before, so it is a smart way to speed up the learning process. Just remember to be patient, and to never punish your dog for making a mistake. Instead, praise them when they get it right.
Q: What different types of indoor dog potties are there?
A: There are so many different types of indoor dog potty systems, and you will have to decide what you think could be right for you. There are disposable pee pads, reusable paddings, pad holders, artificial grass paddings, and real-grass paddings, and you can read more about them in the Buyers guide above.
Prepare yourself to be patient when teaching your pooch to engage with grass indoor potties, since it can take a while for some dogs to learn.
Did You Know?
Many dogs are surrendered to shelters due to problems with housetraining, where the real issue is that the pet parents weren’t prepared for a dog, or that they didn’t have the patience that raising a dog requires.
A properly used indoor dog potty can help with a difficult stage in a pup’s life, and continue to be useful throughout the life of the dog.
Providing your dog with an indoor dog potty is helpful for you as an owner; since it takes the pressure off when being out running errands or on rainy days since you know your pup has somewhere to pee, but it is also immensely helpful for a dog.
Many dogs feel terrible when having to pee inside, especially when housetrained, so for a dog to be left alone for too long without an assigned place where they know they can do their business can be close to cruel.
With a pet loo for dog family members living under your roof, you no longer have to worry about your pup peeing where he is not supposed to, or about him suffering because you didn’t make it home in time.
Thanks for taking the time to read my Best Indoor Dog Potties Review Plus Buying Guide For 2022-2023.