Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate Review Guide For 2022-2023 – A good crate should keep the escape artist dog in your life both safe and comfortable. Enclosures that can be pushed open, warped or bent can prove extremely
dangerous to a dog while he is escaping in the event he becomes trapped while trying to escape. Keep reading our Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate Review Guide For 2022-2023 to find out more.
Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate Buyers Guide For 2022-2023
How to Choose Heavy Duty Dog Crate?
Not every dog crate is created equal. For those with particularly large or stubborn dogs, the average cage just won’t be enough. As such, we will be looking at heavy-duty products only. Although a cage may seem like a very simple device, there are plenty of things that can go wrong.
Consider Your Dog’s Size and Breed:
By considering the size and breed of your dog, you can get a better idea of how hardcore a cage you really need. Obviously, the hardest cases will be the largest dog breeds like Greyhounds, Wolfhounds, Mastiffs, Great Danes, etc. These dogs are capable of muscling their way out of all but the strongest of cages. Dogs with particularly strong jaws, like pit bulls and rottweilers, can also present special problems, as they are capable of breaking thin steel bars.
Dogs like that will require a stronger cage than a small dog with a belligerent attitude. While a feisty little dog requires a stronger cage, you won’t need to get the strongest thing on the market.
Ease of Cleaning:
Of course, you will have to clean this cage from time to time. This is especially true if you are using the crate for potty training purposes. You need to look at any potential buy and determine how difficult it will be to clean. Many kennels have a tray that simply slides out, but this isn’t always as good as it sounds.
Many times, kennels of that sort will make you remove the tray through a thin slot. If there’s a big heaping pile of poo on the tray, you can probably imagine the result. So, since you can’t pull the tray out, you have to get on your hands and knees and lean into the cage to physically remove the offending substance. This is not a good design.
Some of the better cages will instead have a grate for a floor. In these models, the tray is located underneath. This design is ideal for catching urine, but less than ideal for fecal matter since it won’t easily go through the bars. Of course, cleaning up poo will never be a pleasant thing.
Look for Wheels:
If you consider moving this heavy crate from room to room, then you should look for a model that includes caster wheels. They usually come with a locking mechanism to keep it from moving, or you can even remove them for greater stability.
Are These Cages Humane:
It is very unlikely that your dog will be harmed in any way as a result of being kept in a small cage for a short time. The exceptions would be highly neurotic dogs that might throw themselves against the cage repeatedly. A determined chewer could also hurt their teeth on the metal bars. This is why you should do a test and make sure that your dog isn’t claustrophobic.
Claustrophobia can occur in dogs just as it often occurs in humans. To see if your dog has this problem, just do a simple test. Put them in a confined space for a short amount of time and watch them closely. If the dog begins to freak out, immediately release them. A little barking or whining can probably be dismissed, but if it continues non-stop, then you might have a problem. Claustrophobia, also called confinement anxiety, is sometimes an indication of health problems.
Also, please remember that a dog should never be kept in a confined space for more than an hour or two at a time. Not only do they need to take the obvious bathroom breaks, but they also need a chance to stretch their legs a little bit.
Haige Pet Your Pet Nanny Heavy Duty Dog Crate
This one makes me think of a birdcage, and it does present a better aesthetic than a boxy cage. I’m not sure about this kind of roof design for a dog cage, but it does give dogs a little more room to stand. However, I would be concerned with the possibility of a dog bumping their head on a long ride.
The main feature of this carrier is the lock. It takes three steps to unlock the door or to remove the roof, so there is no way that your dog is going to figure a way past this lock. The dark finish on the steel is nice-looking and seems to be thickly applied.
- Heavy duty frame: made from corrosion-resistant steel,strong and durable, hard to be damaged,nontoxic finished surface keep your dog health,nd render excellent anti-rust ability, suitable for most medium and large dogs,two locks with the safety buckles to prevent the dogs from opening the door and escaping.
- One door & locking caster design: The front door is suitable for pet in and out. 360 degree rotated locking casters can help you to move crate anywhere easily and lock the wheels to keep the crate in place.
- Easy to clean:Removable (slide-out) plastic tray helps you to catch the fallen dog food and excrement,and allows you to wipe and clean easily.
- Easy to assemble:All hardware pack included,just need to fit it with four wheels and eight screw bolts, locks were pre-assembled,Just takes 3-5 minutes to complete.
- Overall Dimensions: 40.5″L X 29.5″W X 37.3″H; Internal height of the dog cage (excluding wheels): 33.1″H; Metal pipe spacing:2″; Metal”slat-like” floor spacing:1″ Color: Black. Attention:if you have any product quality problems, please feel free to contact us.We offer a 3 years warranty.
- A little more head room
- 3-Step locking mechanism
- Casters are lockable and removable
- Grate and tray system
- Top bars should be padded for bumpy rides
- Bottom tray is a little too shallow
- Casters aren’t that large
SMONTER Heavy Duty Dog Crate
The best thing about this cage is the fact that its bars are solid steel tubes. This is even better when you consider that this is one of the cheaper options on our list.
Solid bars are much better because thin bars can bend. This means that a dog can stick a part of their body through the bars and get stuck. Dogs have been known to get their jaws or heads stuck in the thin bars of cheap cages. When this happens, they will probably thrash about, until they break the bar. From there, the dog figures out the trick and escape becomes a certainty.
- Upgraded Plug Lock:Instead of a double locking mechanism, we applied the upgraded anti-escape lock of the crate,which will perform better in escape prevention. It can securely lock the door in place and keep your dog safely inside their pet home. Don’t worry about your dog will escape and destroy furniture when you are not at home.
- Escape Proof Design:The special Y-pattern design of the heavy duty dog crate makes a beautiful and bite-proof shape to effectively prevent the dog’s mouth from sticking out. Sturdy metal frame provides optimal ventilation and visibility which offer your dog a comfortable and reliable environment.
- Heavy Duty&Nontoxic:Our indestructible dog crates are made out of well welded steel bar. Sturdy metal frame prevent even the most aggressive canines from escaping. And non-toxic finished surface protect your pet’s health while it licks or chews the metal frame.
- Easy to Install, Clean & Move:Our heavy duty dog kennel is shipped partially assembled. You just need to screw together the parts to install it. Removable (slide-out) plastic tray allows you to wipe and clean easily. The 360-degree rotating wheels helps moving outside, and they are locking casters for better stability.
- Size and Aftersales: 38″L X 26″W X 32″H, Dark Silver. Suitable for most large dogs, perfect for indoor and outdoor use. If any quality problem within 3 years, please contact us. We will provide with the most satisfactory solution!
- Solid tubes for bars
- Available in multiple sizes
- No problematic top door
- Latch is made from high-quality stainless steel
- Attractive design
- Caster wheels are too small
- No warranty
- Plastic tray is too thin and weak
Luckup Heavy Duty Dog Cage
This cage is made from squared steel bars and is coated with a top layer that makes it resistant to rust and corrosion. This coating also improves the appearance and makes this thing look less like a cage for hauling condemned criminals.
One of the real stand-out features of this cage is the locking mechanism. There are three latches in all, and they are made from big, beefy pieces of steel. I think even the largest dog would have a hard time with this one. Another interesting feature is the fact that this cage opens from either the top or the front.
This top door is a double-edged sword. While it does make cleaning easier, it also creates another potential point of escape. While the door has two locks, the roof only has one. Big, strong caster wheels round out the features nicely.
- Heavy duty frame: made from corrosion-resistant steel,strong and durable, hard to be damaged,nontoxic finished surface keep your dog health,suitable for most medium and large dogs,two locks with the safety buckles to prevent the dogs from opening the door and escaping.
- 360 degree rotated locking casters design: 360 degree rotated locking casters can help you to move crate anywhere easily and lock the wheels to keep the crate in place.
- Easy to clean:Removable (slide-out) double tray helps you to catch the fallen dog food and excrement,and allows you to wipe and clean easily.
- Easy to assemble:All hardware pack included,just need to fit it with four wheels and eight screw bolts,then insert slide-bolt latches,Just takes 3-5 minutes to complete.
- Overall Dimensions: 46″L X 32″W X 39″H; Internal height of the dog cage (excluding wheels): 32″H; Metal pipe spacing:2″; Metal”slat-like” floor spacing:1″ color:black.
- Sturdy bars
- Innovative locking mechanism
- Large drip-tray underneath
- Big, sturdy caster wheels
- Top door makes cleaning easier
- unattractive appearance
- Top door creates a potential weak point
- Top door creates a potential choking hazard
ProSelect Empire Dog Cage
This is another one that looks like a jail cell, but this one does look a little nicer. The frame is made from a mix of square and tubular steel, and it’s pretty solid. The 28 gauge bars would be difficult for even a full-grown human.
When buying anything made of steel, it should be remembered that some steel is inferior. In the case of this cage, we see nothing but stainless steel. This is great because stainless steel is the very best when it comes to resisting corrosion. Unseen corrosion has caused many dog cages to fail without warning. This is also coated with a corrosion-resistant plating that is made to look like hammer-forged steel.
This cage has casters, and I like the fact that they are removable. The latches are made in a traditional “deadbolt” style, which is reassuring. However, some dogs will learn how to unlock these latches.
- Dimensions: 33.75″ H x 37″ W x 25.13″ L | Bar Spacing: 2.25”
- 20-Gauge Steel Cage – This ProSelect Empire dog cage is extremely strong with reinforced 0.5-inch diameter steel tubes and 20-gauge steel
- Medium-Sized Cage – (26 – 40 lbs)
- Floor Grate With Tray – Cleanup is easy with this ProSelect dog cage because of its grated floor with tray
- Removable Casters – You can attach casters to the bottom of the cage to allow for easily rolling the cage to other locations or leave the casters off for added stability
- Durable Dog Cage – The Empire cage will stand up to the toughest abuse from the largest dogs with strong latches and thick steel construction
- Strong and weather-resistant
- Grate and tray for easy cleaning
- Removable casters
- None At This Time
Impact Collapsible Aluminum Dog Crate
This is the smallest carrier on our list, and also the most expensive. Its high cost is due to the fact that this carrier can collapse to a very small size within minutes. I can’t help but be reminded of a safe deposit box when I look at this thing.
Another thing that is different here is the fact that the cage is mostly made of aluminum. Right away, we can see that this is not suitable for large dogs or particularly strong dogs. That being said, small dogs would probably be fine. The latches and other connecting pieces are all made of stainless steel, so that should help.
- Collapses in minutes: This heavy-duty all-aluminum crate conveniently collapses in minutes to less than eight inches in height for easy transportation.
- Durable!: Extremely rust-resistant powder-coated .063 aluminum construction, crush-proof corners, marine-grade stainless steel latches, welded “no-rust” rivets, and 3/8″ bars with welded cross-bar for stability.
- Convenient: This crate can be set up or taken down in seconds for easy transport. Handy drain holes allow for easy and quick cleaning. Handles for easy carrying.
- 4-Sided ventilation: Superior flow-through ventilation on all four sides keeps your dog comfortable and safe and the taller height allows more headroom for your pet. Our crate is 100% dog friendly with absolutely no harmful toxins, chemicals, or dyes in any of the materials.
- Safe and Secure: Convenient marine grade stainless steel “Slam Latch” means that there is no need to lock the door behind your dog. More great features: Airline rail storage slots, spring-loaded handles, full-length piano hinge, proudly Made in the USA
- Collapses to less than eight inches in height
- Collapses quickly and easily
- Secure keyed entry for the door
- Not enough ventilation
- Not suitable for large dogs
- Keyed entry is somewhat inconvenient
The ProSelect Empire Dog Cage from Proselect turned out to be the best heavy duty dog crate. There were several reasons for this choice. First, we disqualified the cages that included a top door. A top door creates a potential choking hazard as well as a second potential avenue of escape. This cage also had very large and sturdy wheels as compared to the others.
Finally, there is the fact that this heavy duty dog cage has a standard deadbolt latch, but a very well-made one. “Gimmicky” latches that promise revolutionary results are often a disappointment. We hope this Best Heavy Duty Dog Crate Review Guide For 2022-2023 has been helpful, and that you have found the best crate for your dog.