Best Gun Belt Review Guide For This Year
Best Gun Belt Review Guide For This Year – Most gun enthusiasts will spend time and plenty of money searching for the perfect gun holster, when they should be investing their cash in the best gun belt. Too many people tend to skip looking for a gun belt altogether and will go with a belt they already wear, regardless of whether or not it’s a good match. This is a big mistake for a variety of reasons. If you’re researching belts and holsters and you’re not sure where to start or whether or not you even need a gun belt, then my in-depth buyer’s guide is a must read. It will educate you on exactly why a gun belt is a must, the many benefits it has to offer, and how to pick out the perfect model. I’ve also tested out several of the best-selling belts, and I’ve narrowed it down to four must-have models that every gun enthusiast will love. Keep reading our Best Gun Belt Review Guide For This Year.
Best Gun Belt Buyers Guide For This Year
Even if you have an IWB carry, wearing a belt that’s specifically designed for the purpose of supporting the gun’s weight and storing ammunition, is a must. The right belt will easily be able to store spare ammunition and support the weight of your firearm, keeping it secure and stable. Without using a belt that’s specifically designed for this purpose, your firearm will not be supported properly or kept stabilized. You may also notice that you’re uncomfortable when you wear your firearm. Because of this, it’s important that you do some research to find a model that will work for your specific firearm, one that comes with plenty of storage options, and a model that’s durable and highly adjustable.
But before I dive into the features to look for, first, I’ll go over the many benefits that come with wearing this type of belt whenever you’re carrying.
Benefits of Gun Belts:
- A belt designed for firearm use will keep your gun secure and stable. If you wear your everyday belt in place of this type of belt, then your pants will constantly fall down and your gun will not be in the right position for a fast draw.
- These belts are durable, affordable, and often come with storage compartments that you can use to store any extra ammo.
- A good belt can significantly improve your carrying experience. If you already have a belt that you wear with your holster, then you may wonder why you need to purchase a firearm belt. The reason is that these belts are designed to specifically handle the weight of a handgun.
- A traditional belt consists of just a single layer of leather and some low quality stitching materials. While it may be enough to keep your pants up, it’s not ideal for a handgun and holster. A regular belt will stretch, but a belt designed for firearms will not. A good model will not twist or stretch.
- This type of belt will keep your holster in the proper place, in order for you to make a faster draw.
- This type of belt will also make a great foundation for a personal security carry system, making practice and training more effective.
- These belts last significantly longer than a traditional belt
- Other Important Features
- Now that you know more about the benefits of these belts, let’s take a look at how they work and what features to keep an eye out for.
Internal Belt Stiffener:
This is probably one of the most important features in a gun belt. An internal belt stiffener will significantly increase the belt’s strength, which is one of the many differences it offers when compared to a traditional belt. The internal stiffener not only increases the vertical strength of a belt, it also improves the horizontal strength as well. Most traditional belts will only focus on horizontal strength. Vertical strength is very important since it’s what will support the handgun and the holster.
Search for a model that scored well in terms of durability. These belts are designed to last significantly longer than a regular belt. A model that comes with double stitching, high-quality craftsmanship, and an internal stiffener can easily last ten years or more.
Buying a cheap belt that’s made out of low-quality materials is often the first mistake most new gun owners make. These models are usually made out of nylon, polyester, or leather. Leather models feature a double layer design and are available in a variety of grades. When you’re shopping around online, look for the two highest grades, which are top grain and full grain. The difference between a full grain leather belt is that it features a 3 to 1 ratio of top layer versus bottom layer. With a top grain leather belt, it’s much closer to an equal split. Bottom line, top grain and full grain are the only two grades you should consider if you’ve decided to go with a model that’s made out of leather.
Purchasing a model that comes equipped with poor quality hardware is another common mistake. Avoid buying a model that comes with a soft metal buckle. If the buckle is too weak or it can easily be bent by hand, the belt is not going to last.
A belt can have limited stitching and it will work just fine. Web belts usually come with limited stitching, and they still have a reputation as a durable belt. However, in most cases, more stitching is always a better choice. The belt you buy should feature plenty of stitching that’s strong without any loose frays. Make sure that the belt’s stitching is uniform and if possible, go with a model that features double stitching.
The price of a good belt will depend on many factors, such as material type, stitching, thickness, and brand. Size can also have an impact since a larger model will require the use of more material. In most cases, you’ll find that models that are made out of leather are the most expensive, although, nylon can come in at a close second. You can expect to pay anywhere from $20 to $200 for a top of the line belt.
The Right Way to Use A Gun Belt:
- You may mistakenly believe that just because you’ve purchased a new holster, a belt, and a firearm, that you can just attach everything, and it’ll work out just fine. This is actually something many people do, but if you make this same mistake, you won’t be getting the most out of your carry equipment. Together, your holster and belt should feel comfortable. A holster and belt that are uncomfortable can significantly increase the chance that you’re not going to carry your firearm often. This is actually the most common reason that people tend to stop carrying their weapon or do so randomly. It’s usually the fault of the equipment that was chosen.
- The wrong combination can be a total disaster. As an example, if you use a plastic tactical holster inside your waistband, then the odds are it’s going to get wedged against you and the sharp edges will dig into your skin. A leather holster is more comfortable, until it starts to get hot out, then it can cause excessive sweating. Adding a belt to the mix can eliminate both of these issues, but if you don’t choose the right model, your firearm will sag, making carrying less secure.
- Try switching to an OWB holster and a gun belt. This set up is simple, affordable, and basically foolproof.
- An OWB holster is usually attached using a couple of methods, either via a clip or a belt. A belt slide holster will work using a couple of slots in the holster or a loop that slides the belt through. Plastic and leather loops are both commonly used.
- For a sliding belt holster, you’ll need to remove the belt from the loops, sliding the belt through the loops, then re-thread the belt through the loops on your pants and fasten the belt. Be sure that the holster is positioned where you need it to be before you fasten your belt. If you’ve chosen a good belt, one that’s designed to prevent a holster from sliding, then you’ll need to unfasten your belt in order to adjust the holster’s position.
- An IWB holster is tucked inside the waistband and it requires you to get the placement in the perfect position before you fasten your belt. This is because it can be difficult to adjust after the belt has been pulled taut. I recommend putting the holster on the waistband where you want it positioned, then fasten your pants, followed by fastening the belt.
- Like OWB holster, the IWB holster can be attached through loops or with a clip. Clip models are pretty popular, but they’re not nearly as secure as the loop style.
- In the end, the best choice is wearing a holster and belt combo that will work for your lifestyle needs, the type of environment you live in, and even the season. Using a loop-style holster combined with a gun belt will offer the best level of protection and security, ensuring you’re able to be quick on the draw, while preventing the holster from sliding out of place and preventing it from sagging.
The Ultimate Steel Core Gun Belt
This is a handmade leather belt that comes with a lifetime warranty. It’s earned a reputation as one of the toughest models on the market, thanks to its spring steel core that’s designed to make the belt stiff enough to handle even the heaviest handguns. The manufacturer claims this belt will not sag or stretch out, offering the type of secure and strong platform for your OWB and IWB holsters. This model is one and a half inches thick and made out of genuine leather.
- PROUDLY HANDMADE IN THE USA! LIFETIME WARRANTY! If you are ever unhappy with this belt for any reason just let us know and we will replace it at absolutely no cost to you.
- THE TOUGHEST GUN BELT ON AMAZON JUST GOT TOUGHER! Based on our best selling and top rated Ultimate Gun Belt, we added a Spring Steel Core to make this belt stiff enough to take anything you can throw at it and help elevate your preparedness to a whole new level.
- WON’T STRETCH, BEND OR SAG! A Strong and Secure platform for your IWB or OWB holster, mag pouches, flashlights and any other gear you need! Put it to the test and find out for yourself why it is better than the rest.
- SAY NO TO NYLON BELTS! This 1.5 Inch beautiful USA made Leather Steel Core Belt is strong enough to carry all your gear and stylish enough for discreet everyday use. Tough as nails! Two thick slabs of US Leather reinforced with a steel core combine to make a reliable tool to ensure you are the last man standing.
- CHECK OUT THE SIZING CHART TO EASILY FIND YOUR SIZE! Measure from the middle of the buckle to the middle belt hole to get your belt size. Buy one today! If you want the cheapest then go ahead and buy the competition, but if you want the best buy The Ultimate!
- Eight sizes available
- Genuine leather
- Lifetime warranty
- Works for both OWB and IWB holsters
None At This Time
Built tough, covered by a lifetime warranty, and equipped with a steel core stiffener,
this is a belt that can handle any model of handgun, and without causing your pants to sag or the
holster to protrude. The fact that it’s covered by a lifetime warranty will give every gun enthusiast
incentive to buy. Considering the quality of the leather and the thickness, not only is this model durable,
but it will also significantly improve user comfort.
WOLF TACTICAL EDC Belt
This belt is designed for concealed carry. It’s made out of two-ply nylon webbing and can support IWB and OWB holsters. This model is equipped with a quick release buckle that’s made out of metal and makes adjusting your holster fast and easy. The Velcro loop and hoop secures the running end, ensuring the belt remains tightly cinched and will not sag or slip. The double layer nylon is rip-resistant and measures in at one and a half inches thick. This model is very comfortable to wear, so you’ll find yourself relying on it daily. It’s also highly adjustable, so you can ensure you get the perfect fit. Unfortunately, it’s only available in five size options.
- BUILT FOR CONCEALED CARRY: Featuring stiffened 2-ply nylon webbing to support IWB and OWB holsters without rolling over, our EDC belt provides a safe and reliable foundation for CCW. Firmly attach your holster, mags, and pouches whether you’re at the range or carry every day. NO BEND, NO SAG.
- QUICK-RELEASE BUCKLE: The metal quick-release buckle gives convenient, instant attach-detach capability. Velcro hook and loop secures the running end to make sure your belt stays cinched and will never slip. Our tactical belt is perfect for military, law enforcement, first responders, hunting, wilderness and outdoor survival.
- PREMIUM HEAVY DUTY MATERIALS: Crafted with two layers of rugged, rip-resistant 1.5” nylon webbing reinforced for added rigidity, our gun belt will withstand even the most extreme conditions. Whether you use our belt for everyday carry, tactical training, or outdoor sports, Wolf Tactical ensures that you stay ready.
- COMFORTABLE AND ADJUSTABLE: For an EDC belt, comfort and fit are king. Double-layer nylon webbing makes the perfect combination of rigidity and comfort. No holes in the belt means you can fully adjust for a custom fit according to the firearm, gear, and accessories you’re carrying.
- TRUSTED WOLF TACTICAL QUALITY: Wolf Tactical designs mission-ready tactical gear built to last. We are based in the USA and dedicated to great customer service. Full refund if your expectations aren’t met for any reason. Feel confident with your purchase.
- Double layer design
- Works for concealed carry
- Designed for IWB and OWB holsters
- Only five size options available
This comfortable, thick, durable belt will be able to support the heaviest handguns. It’s a great buy if you’re looking for a comfortable and highly adjustable alternative to leather. It’s also priced affordably so it’s a good option for the gun enthusiast on a budget.
POYOLEE CCW Leather Gun Belt
This model is made out of top grain one hundred percent tanned leather. It’s designed for concealed carry and it’s designed to handle a heavy handgun and any other accessories such as a flashlight, holster, or mag pouch. The heavy-duty buckle allows you to easily and quickly adjust your belt for the perfect fit, without the risk of sagging or the holster sliding. The double layer design is expertly stitched, for improved durability. This model is also covered by a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with this belt, contact the manufacturer for a refund.
- Buckle closure
- Durable Gun Belt:Made from 100% Italian top grain vegetable tanned leather. this concealed carry belt is strong enough to handle your gun and accessories: mag pouches, holster, flashlight, etc.
- Thick & Comfortable:0.2″ thickness and 1.5″ width. No Sag, No Rollover, No Stretching! Two layers of full grain leather expertly stitched with no fillers. Comfortable enough for both CCW and everyday carry.
- Heavy Duty Buckle & Thread:You can easily cinch down your belt with our heavy duty roller buckle. Also, we use heavy gauge, industrial strength, bonded thread to make our leather goods.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee:we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee along with no hassles returns. If there are any quality problems within one year, just contact us and we will replace it at absolutely no cost to you.
- Easy Sizing:Choose 4” larger than your pants size for the IWB and the belt thickness. Example: if your pants size is 36″, please order belt size 40″.
- Three color options
- Ten sizes
- Heavy-duty buckle
- Double layer leather design
None at this time
This belt is available in ten sizes and three color options. It will not stretch or cause your pants to sag and it does an excellent job of keeping your holster and other accessories securely in place. Versatile, top-quality, and designed to support handguns of any size, this model is built tough and a steal for the price.
Hanks Gunner Gun Belt
This belt is durable and thick and comes with a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. It’s made out of one hundred percent full grain leather that’s one and a half inches wide and features a design that will not allow the holster sag. Instead, it will remain securely in place. The buckle is removable and fastened with the help of Chicago screws for top of the line durability. This model is covered by a one-hundred-year warranty, which is pretty impressive, especially considering the low price.
- Made in USA
- THICK & DURABLE GUN BELT – MADE IN THE USA OF USA LEATHER – 100% American – 100% Quality – GUARANTEED NO BREAK BELTS! Made by Skilled Craftsmen our USA made belts are here to stay. When you need a tough belt for CCW wear, that won’t break the bank, this is it, the Hanks Gunner Gun Belt. Our solid leather belts will anchor your holster improving your ability to access your firearm.
- 100% FULL GRAIN LEATHER -ONE PIECE – NO FILLERS- These ccw belts will never split like some cheaper belts will – Made from 100% Full-Grain leather, the Gunner can take anything you throw its way and will continue to look great with age. Full Grain leather is the top layer of the hide which is the toughest part, making this concealed carry belt indestructible
- 14OZ LEATHER – 1.5″ WIDE – Vegetable Tanned leather. Approximately .22-.23 thick No Sag, No Rollover, No Stretching we guarantee it! So add that extra ammo, your mag light and whatever else you might need for everyday carry. These belts are built to last and last they will. Removable buckle is fastened with removable Chicago Screws instead of snaps so the buckle can easily be changed,the last thing you will have to worry about is a snap that could break, because there are none!
- 100 YEAR WARRANTY – yep that’s right we are so confident in our shooting belts we have your back for 100 years! This belt will not break and if it does, send it back, we’ll get you another one, for free! The quality of our belts are unsurpassed.
- 100% FREE EXCHANGES IF NEEDED! If you have any questions please contact us. We are here to help
- One hundred year warranty
- Removable buckle
- Made out of full grain leather
- Lack of stitching on top and bottom edge
The belt is also available in five color options, so you’re sure to find the perfect belt that will match your holster. It’s also available in nineteen size options, features a highly adjustable design, and it comes with a one-hundred-year warranty, so you know you’re buying a belt that’s designed to last. However, the top and bottom edge of the belt lacks any stitching, which can make many users question whether or not this model will sag under the weight of a heavier handgun. However, most buyer’s have had no complaints regarding that type of issue, and instead, claim this belt is one of the most comfortable on the market.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Thick Should a Gun Belt Be?
This is a heavily debated question, the answer of which can depend on the type of firearm you carry. However, in most cases, gun enthusiasts can agree that the belt should be at least an inch and a half thick, in order to properly support a firearm and improve user comfort.
Do Gun Belts Make a Difference?
Yes. These belts are designed to support the weight of your firearm and keep it in position. The heavier a firearm, the thicker the belt should be. A belt will prevent the holster and gun from sagging or protruding, which can expose your firearm. A holster that sags can also catch or twist when you sit down, especially when you’re driving.
What’s the Difference Between a Gun Belt and a Regular Belt?
The gun belt is specifically designed to support a holster and the weight of a gun, preventing your holster from sagging, while improving the user’s comfort. a regular belt consists of material that’s significantly thinner and usually only consists of a single layer. Traditional belts are meant to hold up your pants, they’re not designed to support any added weight.
What Makes a Good Gun Belt?
This can depend on the type of material the belt is made out of. Leather is often the go-to choice since it’s so durable and also looks attractive and matches well with most types of holsters. In terms of a leather model, you’ll want to pay attention to how thick it is. A thicker piece of leather offers more holding power compared to a thinner once, and all without needing to be cinched even tighter. This type of thickness will allow the belt to provide a tighter hold since the thickness will create more friction once the belt has been secured.
Using the best gun belt is essential. It’s a must if you’re using a concealed carry and need to conceal your firearm inside your waistband. A regular belt will not work well since it isn’t designed to support the weight of a firearm. This is exactly why you need to use a belt that’s specifically designed for this purpose. Not only will it make wearing your firearm more comfortable, but it will also keep your firearm supported and secure, which will allow you to easily and quickly draw your gun. This Best Gun Belt Review Guide For This Yearand my top four product recommendations are designed to help you choose the best possible model based on the type of firearm you carry, your comfort needs, and your budget. The products I’ve tested all scored well in a variety of areas, so you should have no trouble choosing the perfect model from my lineup. We hope you enjoyed our Best Gun Belt Review Guide For This Year.