Best Garrett ACE 300 Metal Detector Review Guide For 2023-2024
Garrett ACE 300 Metal Detector
Best Garrett ACE 300 Metal Detector Review Guide For 2023-2024. There is a product available here that is perfect for the beginners, if you are looking forward to trying the hobby of metal detecting. Easy to operate and Quality-built, the Garrett ACE 300 Metal Detector is an excellent companion for mid-level detectorist and also for a novice. It’s an affordable yet dependable machine.
The Garrett ACE 300 Metal Detector simplified interface is informative without being overwhelming or intimidating for beginners. While still engaging enough for the more advanced hobbyist. You can get some very rewarding results with this terrific hobby. Especially with the right equipment at hand to make sure you don’t miss any precious find, you’ll never know what you can find on your outings isn’t that exciting.
You’ll probably be looking for an easy to use, but decent quality product also at a reasonable price, if your a beginner. Garrett ACE 300 metal detector combines high quality and affordable price, so if you are looking for a metal detector to start the hobby, Garrett ACE 300 is probably the best choice. This Best Garrett ACE 300 Metal Detector Review Guide For 2023-2024 reveals all details about the Garrett ACE 300 Metal Detector so keep reading.
The Garrett Ace 300 offers an excellent potential detection depth (but depends much on the material being scanned). The Garrett Ace 300 has a hard wearing and sturdy design meaning after a scrape or two this Garrett Ace 300 will remain functional. Very easy to operate and to assemble so even total newbies will be able to get up and running in no time at all. Even tho the cost of the Garrett Ace 300 is absolutely on budget you get all these features.
- Electronic Pinpointing: this allows you to be very precise with your location, which will reduce the digging time and improve the hit rate.
- Accept/Decline Discrimination: allows you to modify the discrimination patterns that the device recognizes.
- 4 Search Modes: All Metal, Jewelry, Custom, Relics, Coins and Pinpoint. Allows you to target certain popular materials in your search; improves accuracy and success rates. These modes give you a varied and diverse search pattern, so no matter what you are looking for, you will find it.
- Continuous Coin Depth Indicator: will allow you to determine your target depth more accurately to aid the recovery.
- Battery Condition Indicator: continuous monitoring of the battery life.
- Interchangeable ACE Series Search Coils: various coils are available depending on the type of search you intend to do.
- Expanded Target ID Legend: this is an easy to read panel above the display screen on the device.
- VDI numbers indication.
- Pushbutton Controls: single touch operation allows to easily change the settings.
- The metal detector can also be disassembled into three easy to manage pieces not longer than 24 inches in length. There is a 0.25 inch audio jack for headphones to be inserted. There is also an adjustable arm cuff for a more comfortable fit.
So, let’s take a deeper look at the Garrett Ace 300 metal detector features. This metal detector is ideal for finding a variety of treasures, including relics, jewelry, and coins. For more quick and accurate target identification it features the coveted digital target ID. The ACE 300 is the upgraded version of the now discontinued ACE 250. Its new features include a larger search coil, better iron resolution, improved audio, higher frequency, and cam locks on the stem for more stability, in addition to the Digital Target ID.
Let’s explore some commonly-asked questions about the Garrett ACE 300.
How deep can the ACE 300 detect?
How deep the detector can detect is influenced by multiple factors, including the size and orientation of the target,ground mineralization, sensitivity level, etc. The ACE 300’s depth meter only displays up to 8” (marked as 8+”); however, depending on conditions and size of the target, the detector can detect to depths of around 8-10”.
Does it have adjustable Ground Balance?
The ground balance settings of the Garrett Ace 300 are factory-set and unchangeable.
Can it be used on the beach?
Because it is a single frequency, VLF machine, the Garrett Ace 300 will perform poorly in wet sand or saltwater. It does, however, perform well on dry sand, and the coil is submersible.
How much does it weigh?
Garrett Ace 300 lists the total weight of the ACE 300 at 2.8 lbs, a manageable weight for most people.
What’s in the box?
The Garrett Ace 300 box contains the detector (unassembled), the 7 x 10” PROformance search coil and cover, a rain and dust cover for control box, the instruction manual, an instructional DVD, and a pair of Garrett’s Ace 300 Clear Sound Easy Stow headphones (the reviews of these particular headphones tend to be underwhelming).
Is it waterproof?
The search coil and poles are waterproof, but the control box is not. As such, the detector should only be used for shallow water detecting.
What batteries does it take?
The unit takes 4 AA batteries, included. According to Garrett, the battery life of the Garrett Ace 300 is anywhere from 20-40 hours, depending on your settings and if you use headphones.
Does it have a warranty?
Yes. Garrett Ace 300 offers a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty from date of purchase.
What We Like:
- Enhanced Iron Resolution
- Large PROformance search coil
- Made in the USA
What We Don’t Like:
- No adjustable ground balance
- No Iron Audio
The Garrett Ace 300 is an excellent entry-level machine with a variety of features seldom seen in such an inexpensive detector. Reliable and efficient, it lives up to Garrett’s high-quality standards and offers a terrific experience for beginner and practiced detectorists alike. Hopefully, you can see that this device is a very high quality, functionally excellent beginner-to-advanced level detection tool. The quality-to-price ratio is literally unique on the market. If you are new to the hobby, this device is a perfect choice for you. We hope you enjoyed this Best Garrett ACE 300 Metal Detector Review Guide For 2023-2024