Best Exercise Equipment for Dogs Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Exercise Equipment for Dogs Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Every dog needs at least some level of exercise, but getting enough can be a problem for man’s best friend. Whether your lifestyle simply doesn’t allow for longer dog walks, your home means they can’t get outside as much as you’d like, or adverse weather conditions get in the way, getting enough exercise for your dog can be a challenge. And making sure your dog moves enough is a vital component of their comfort and their health.
Yet treadmills aren’t cheap, and other exercise equipment can make it difficult to judge exactly how much exercise your dog is getting. And with some of the equipment coming in at four figures, making the right decision is hugely important.
We looked at loads of different options for dog treadmills and other exercise equipment to help up your dog’s routine at a variety of budgets. We’ve considered factors such as size, storage, different dog breeds, online reviews, and other considerations, in order to find the very best. So keep reading our Best Exercise Equipment for Dogs Review Guide For 2022-2023 to find out even more.
Best Exercise Equipment for Dogs Buyers Guide For 2022-2023
Exercise Helps Support Your Dog’s Mental Health:
Laying around all day would make anyone a little mopey, right? Your dog is no different. Simply put, your canine needs to keep his mind engaged to avoid the doggo blues.
Regular exercise not only helps him burn calories, but it keeps his brain buzzing too. For additional brain training, try out a puzzle toy to help flex his brain and his brawn.
Do You Need Exercise Equipment for Your Dog?
In some cases, you may be able to get your dog sufficient exercise by simply running around at the park with him, going on very long walks (while incorporating some walking games), or taking your pooch to swim.
And none of these activities require anything more than minimal equipment.
However, some owners may be limited by time, and others simply may not be able to keep up with the vigorous demands of certain high-energy breeds like huskies, Aussie shepherds, or Malinoises.
Fo these owners, purchasing a bit of equipment may be helpful for ensuring that you get your pup enough exercise.
Some of the reasons exercise equipment may be valuable include:
You Are Elderly or Suffer from Limited Mobility:
Sometimes, physical limitations prevent us from doing the things we once used to, like walking our dogs.
It may be a temporary injury or something more long-term, but investing in the proper tools will make it easier to get your pooch some exercise, keep your dog happy, and create a new way to bond.
You Live in a Place with Long Winters or Inclement Weather:
I don’t know about you, but walking my pooch in two feet of snow simply isn’t possible. In colder climates, investing in a doggy treadmill or other indoor equipment is a game-changer during the winter months.
Even if you live somewhere with fabulous weather, having a backup is ideal for when heat waves or rainy weather strikes.
You Have a Very Busy Schedule:
There are only so many hours in a day, and with the demands of work, school, and family piling up, sometimes you run out of time. This often leads us to neglect our dog’s exercise needs.
But by having tools around that your dog can use himself to burn off energy, you’ll be able to keep you and your canine happy.
Don’t forget: Fitness aside, many types of canine exercise equipment are a blast for your pooch. And that’s always a good thing!
iDig Digging Toy by iFetch
Protect your yard and couch cushions with the iDig Digging Toy by iFetch, a toy that satisfies your dog’s natural digging instincts in a safe, constructive way.
You hide treats, toys, or other goodies between the included layers, and your pup digs until he uncovers each in a fun game of hide-and-go-treats.
- Let the diggers dig! Finally, a positive outlet for your dog’s natural digging behavior.
- Bury the treasure: load the pockets of the idig flaps with your pup’s favorite toys and treats and encourage them to “get it!” or “find it!”.
- Tire them out: the mental energy It takes to figure out how TO uncover the “loot” will tire them out just as much as physically digging.
- Washing machine friendly: The flaps can be removed and thrown into the washing machine. Easy-peasy.
- Customer care: created, owned, and still operated by the Hamill family in Austin, Texas. Call or email us directly with any questions or issues. We specialize in happy human and canine customers.
Resembling a round bed, the iDig encourages your pup to think and best of all — dig! The layered fabric design allows you to hide treats in varying levels of difficulty, keeping your dog engaged in an epic battle of sniff and dig.
The fabric pieces of the iDig are machine-washable, and the popup shell of the iDig Go or base of the iDig Stay can be spot cleaned for ongoing upkeep.
Options: There are two varieties to pick from: the iDig Go and iDig Stay.
The iDig Go is a popup version with thin layers that easily comes and “goes” for quick play and storage, while the iDig Stay is a less compact version with a firm plastic base that doesn’t fold flat.
For blanket burrowers and doggy diggers, this is a dream come true that provides endless fun. It might not be as physically demanding as some toys, but it is a doggy puzzle that keeps your pup’s brain and nose going a mile a minute, making it an excellent pick for older dogs, who can’t run around as much anymore.
Several reviewers found that the material did not stand up to heavy-duty digging. Because of its design, it can be more of a mental workout than a physical one for some pups, so it may not be the best option for every dog, as some may make quick work of it and get bored.
IDOGMATE Ball Launcher
Give your arm a break with the IDOGMATE Ball Launcher, an interactive device that throws your dog’s ball for you!
Designed for big dogs, this ball launcher gets your doggo moving by rocketing balls up to 40 feet.
- Made For Puppies and Small Dogs — iDogmate Small balls are 1.75 inches in diameter. They are felted like tennis balls but made for dogs and non-abrasive on their teeth. PET TENNIS BALLS DO NOT SUPPORT HEAVY CHEWY.(If you have a big dog or small dog with a bigger mouth, pls see “iDog Midi launcher” for mid and large dogs).
- Launches a ball 10,20,30,35 feet.It’s easy to switch between these 4 distances or select the variable setting to keep your pup guessing.
- Runs on AC adapter(included) or rechargeable Li-ion battery(included) which supports up to 250 launches when full charged.Automatic power saver.90 degree adapter connector to prevent accidental removal.
- Large hopper 4.75*4.75 inches.This large hopper makes it easy for your small pet or puppy to recharge the iDogmate launcher with a ball.
- Perfect for indoor or outdoor use.Teach your dog how to play for hours and hours of fun and enjoyment.Play with your dog or let your dog play alone.
The IDOGMATE Launcher is powered by the included rechargeable ion battery or via AC adapter, making it suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
This is a very flexible toy, which your dog can learn to use by himself thanks to the self-loader, or you can trigger it manually with the included remote.
Its plastic design is perfect for spot-cleaning on the go, and its height is suitable for most dogs to load with ease. The machine should only be used with IDOGMATE approved balls to avoid jams.
Owners found the wide hopper to be easy for dogs to learn to load, and its battery life was a hit with most. The noise didn’t seem to bother most dogs, either, which is a common problem among other automatic ball launchers.
Reviews were mixed about the durability of this device, as some experienced power failures rather quickly. Another complaint was the overall design, as brainy pooches were capable of outsmarting it and just snatching the ball before it could be launched.
PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher
The PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher is a device that repeatedly throws your dog tennis balls, freeing up your hands and time.
Loaded by a top hopper, you can train your dog to drop the balls in himself, leading to an adorable game of independent fetch.
- SAFETY: Multiple sensors keep you and your dog safe; a FRONT MOTION SENSOR protects pets and people standing up to 7 feet in front of the launch area and reinforces safely loading balls into the side pocket
- DISTANCE: Launcher throws between 8-30 feet; has 9 distance settings and 6 angle settings; pull out and twist angle knob and distance knob to adjust the launcher’s range; TURN KNOBS LEFT FOR MAX DISTANCE
- PAUSE: The Automatic Ball Launcher features a 15 minute rest interval after 15 minutes of play; the rest period ensures dogs aren’t playing past the point of exhaustion
- OPTIONS: The PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher can be used both indoors and outside to entertain and exercise your dogs; begin use outdoors as an introduction; use the included power cord or 6 D cell batteries (not included); water-resistant
- FLEXIBILITY: The PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher works best with standard size tennis balls 2 5/8” in diameter but can be used with smaller tennis-type balls; up to 3 balls can be loaded at a time
- TRAINING: Audible tones alert you and your dog so you know when the ball is detected and will launch, when 2 second motion detection delay is activated and when 15 minute rest time begins and ends
- TROUBLESHOOTING: Having trouble with your PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher? Call, email or chat with PetSafe’s expert US-based customer care Monday-Saturday; free support is available at 1-800-845-3274
Equipped with a timer to prevent your dog from playing to exhaustion, this is a handy piece of equipment for occupying your pup.
With the ability to set the firing angle and distance from 8 to 30 feet, it can be used indoors or outdoors, and its durable plastic shell is water-resistant and easy to wipe clean of stray drool.
The included front safety sensor prevents the ball from firing when something is right in front of the device. This keeps you or your pup from catching an errant ball in passing. There are two power source options for the toy: a power cord or six D batteries.
Provided your dog is trained to drop the ball directly into the hopper, this is a great hands-free way to keep your pooch busy. Its size is great for both large and small pups, and reviewers report that dogs are quick to adapt to the chimes, allowing for fur-flying fun.
Some dogs may be frightened by the sound of the launcher. Durability seems to be an issue among some reviewers who
found the launch distance shortened over time.
dogPACER LF 3.1 Dog Pacer Treadmill
The dogPACER LF 3.1 Dog Treadmill is a convenient way to raise your dog’s step count and alleviate boredom.
Built like a traditional human treadmill, your dog just has to hop aboard and run or walk to his heart’s content.
- NO BAD WEATHER – Every day is a perfect day for exercise when you are indoors. No issues with rain, sleet, snow or bad weather.
- HEALTHY WEIGHT – A consistent regiment of exercise and diet will lead to a healthier, happier and longer life for your dog.
- TIME – Because of busy and hectic schedules, we often find it a challenge to walk our dogs after a long day spent in the office.
- SAFETY – No worries about walking your dog at dawn or late at night or on a busy street. Exercising your dog indoor eliminates these issues.
- IT FOLDS! – Our patented folding technology makes this the worlds only folding treadmill for dogs!
This heavy-duty machine can handle dogs up to 180 pounds, which covers the vast majority of breeds.
Perfect for conditioning athletic dogs or exercising during inclement weather, the Dog Pacer treadmill can be used for a leisurely stroll or a quick sprint to burn off extra energy.
This device features a pretty compact design for a dog treadmill, so it should fit in most homes.
For safety’s sake, it comes with side rails to keep your pup from falling off. The motor is also made with pups in mind and runs quietly to avoid scaring your fur friend.
Reviews praise the pre-set workout routines that take the guesswork out of conditioning your pooch. The product’s ease of use and quality construction also won over pawrents, with the quiet operation pleasing even the most nervous of pups.
Price is cause for concern for some owners, and the constant motion may not be the best option for dogs with arthritis or other joint problems. Some customers did experience mechanical and tread issues out of the box, though this appears to be a rarity.
The GOPET Treadwheel is a fun and functional exercise machine that lets your dog run at his own pace in a pup-sized “hamster” wheel.
This pup-powered device doesn’t need electricity, making it portable and easy to set up.
- For Dogs up to 25 pounds. Running Area: 40 D X12 W. Easy to clean. GoPet TreadWheels give your dogthe equipment he needs to exercise. The free standing GoPet TreadWheelprovides an unlimited running surface allowing your dog to walk or run for miles – even if you are not home.
- Training Door Included. Running Surface Mat for added comfort. Many dogs will use the treadwheel to relieveboredom and get some exercisewhile their owners are gone. Be sure to check our our Video – If you feel a Treadmill would be a better option please go back to the Dog Treadmills page. A great way to exercise overweight dogs. UV resistant allows for outdoor use.
- Free,off-leash exercise so your dog can run at his ownnatural pace.
- Can be used anytime – even if your dog is home alone. Safe and Stable.
- Provides a physical outlet for high energy dogs. Mildew resistant.
This free-standing piece of equipment lets your dog run on the wild side, literally, within an enclosed wheel.
There’s a door included that allows your pup to use it as he pleases, and the comfort mat base protects his paws while he chases his dreams in the wheel.
This is a versatile piece of equipment that can be used for indoor dog exercise or outdoors, and the smaller version can also be used by fitness-freak felines, too.
Options: The GOPET Treadwheel is available in a small/toy option for dogs up to 25 pounds and a medium/large version for dogs up to 150 pounds.
If you don’t have a fenced-in yard or have a dog that’s prone to zoomies, this treadwheel is excellent for burning off excess energy. It’s a solid pick for high-energy dogs, as they can keep jogging to their heart’s content without running up your electric bill or dragging you along behind them.
There’s no way around it: Some dogs may be too scared to use this treadwheel. This device is also pretty expensive, and the size can be an issue in smaller homes.
We hope you found our Best Exercise Equipment for Dogs Review Guide For 2022-2023 helpful.