Best Electric Grill Review Guide For 2023-2024
Best Electric Grill Review Guide For 2023-2024 – Electric grills are very popular in apartment living and places where open flames are not allowed. You are able to get the great taste of grilled food without the flames or smoke. This means you can grill even on patios and balconies, where grilling is normally prohibited.
We have researched electric grills and narrowed down the list. This means you can spend your time enjoying your new grill rather than spending hours scouring the internet trying to determine which electric grill to purchase. To find out more keep reading our Best Electric Grill Review Guide For 2023-2024.
Most Popular Electric Grill – Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill
The Char Broil 12601578 Bistro Tru Infrared Electric grill is a full size grill designed for small spaces. The patented infrared cooking system creates an even cooking surface. The heat is evenly distributed meaning there are no hot and cold spots on the grate.
This produces a natural radiant heat that prevents food from drying out. The Char Broil 12601578 Bistro Tru Infrared Electric grill has a precision dial which allows you to have complete control over the cooking temperature.
The 1750 watt burner can grill at the specific temperature you desire. The grill has a slim design yet offers 320 square feet of cooking space can accommodate between 8 and 12 burgers. It includes an easy access grease cup and durable wheels for easy portability.
The Char Broil 12601578 Bistro Tru Infrared Electric grill is designed to look like a gas grill, and includes a storage grate and a cool touch handle. The porcelain covered cooking grate ensures that food will keep its delicious taste and texture throughout the cooking process.
About This Item:
- 320 square inches of grilling surface area or 8 to 12 hamburger capacity
- Electric TRU-Infrared cooking system allows you to cook your food evenly with less flare-ups – juicier food, every time
- Porcelain-coated premium cooking grates are rust-resistant and easy-to-clean
- Compact and stylish design with wheels to easily move around your backyard or patio
- Great option if you can’t use gas or charcoal and have a small footprint
- 320 square feet of cooking space
- 1750 watts of cooking power
- Porcelain covered cooking grates and infrared heat for even cooking
- Sleek design great for patios and balconies
- Temperature gauge for accurate grilling temperatures
Best Overall Electric Grill – Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill
Amazon’s Choice:The Weber 526001 Electric Barbeque Grill is a table top portable grill. This all electric grill is safe for cooking in small spaces including balconies and patios. The design has 1560 watts of grilling powering along with 189 square feet of grilling space.
The Weber 526001 Electric Barbeque Grill has a cast aluminum lid and body with a stainless steel cooking grate. The temperature control maintains a steady temperature throughout the grilling surface. It also includes a removable catch pan for easy cleanup.
So if you are looking for a small portable grill for an apartment or a camper this is the perfect grill. There is no messy charcoal to deal with, just plug it in, set the temperature and you are ready to cook.
A rolling cart is sold separately if you want the benefit of a stand, with the convenience of a portable grill. The Weber 526001 Electric Barbeque Grill comes with a 5 year limited warranty.
About This Item:
- 1560-watt electric heating element to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled out of box
- Infinite control burner valve settings
- 6-foot grounded cord
- Dimensions – Lid Closed (inches) – 14.5 H x 27 W x 16.5 D
- 189 square feet of grilling space
- 1560 watts of cooking power
- Cast aluminum lid and body
- Stainless steel cooking grate
- 5 year limited warranty
Best Budget Electric Grill – Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
Amazon’s Choice:Zojirushi EB CC15 Indoor Electric Grill is perfect for those who enjoy grill cooking year around. When it is too cold to cook outdoors, this indoor grill provides the perfect solution for your grilling needs. This indoor electric grill will grill meats and vegetables to perfection.
The nonstick surface allows for low fat grilling. This also provides for easy clean up. The grill surface is 12 ½ X 9 ¼ inches of grill space. There are precise temperature controls that allow you to grill your foods to perfection. Heat ranges from 176 degrees to 410 degrees. The cool touch handles and housing provide for easy mobility.
The drip pan is dishwasher safe for easy clean up. The Zojirushi EB CC15 Indoor Electric Grill has 1300 watts of power which cooks even the thickest steak to perfection. The Zojirushi EB CC15 Indoor Electric Grill design carries fats and cooking oils away from the food for healthier cooking. The detachable power cord provides safety and convenient storage. If you are looking for an indoor cooking grill, we give this one rave reviews.
About This Item:
- Plastic, Aluminum
- Ideal for grilling steaks, chicken, fish, burgers, and vegetables indoors
- Nonstick grill surface measures 12-1/2 by 9-1/4 inches
- Variable heat control; cool-touch handles and housing
- Disassembles easily for cleaning; dishwasher-safe drip tray
- Overall, measures 12-5/8 x 18-3/4 x 3-inches
- 12 ½ X 9 ¼ cooking surface
- 1300 watts of cooking power
- Nonstick grill surface
- Cool touch handles and housing
- Detachable power cord
Best Electric Grill Buyers Guide For 2023-2024
How To Choose The Best Electric Grills:
Grilling has become more convenient when electric grills were finally invented. An electric grill allows you to enjoy the taste of outdoor meals without the need to cook outside. With this excellent cooking machine, you can continue grilling even if it’s snowing. Moreover, you can have an amazing indoor grilling experience if you know the right type of grill to look for.
Different Electric Grill Models:
The first thing that you need to consider is the type of foods that you intend to grill. Below are different electric grill models along with their description that can help you determine the right grill that you should look for.
- Panini Grill:
This grill is created for grilling sandwiches. The cooking grates of Panini grills are either slightly ribbed or flat. Like some other grills, these can cook both sides of the food. Modern Panini grills are now designed to grill steaks and burgers. They are smaller than other electric grills and are perfect for small gatherings and personal use.
- Clamshell-Style Grill:
The clamshell style is a popular design presented by Foreman grill. The ridges of this grill are raised in order to whisk off fats for healthier cooking. The cooking surface is slanted to allow juices and fats to slide directly down to the drip tray. The top and bottom grills produce heat to cook foods faster. These grills come in three sizes: small (good for 2 people), medium (good for 4 people) and large (good for 8 people).
- Outdoor/Indoor Grill:
The outdoor-indoor grill resembles charcoal grills. This is the type of electric grill that can be used in both indoor and outdoor cooking. This is the best choice for people who like to grill outside while enjoying the ease of electric grill.
- Electric Grills with Interchangeable Plates:
This model is similar to the clamshell style. It comes with raised ridged plates, griddle plate and cooking plates for vegetables, waffles, baking, paninis. Other types of plates are also included in different brands. This is the best model to choose if you want to enjoy a variety of cooking experiences.
- Open Flat Surface:
The latest models of electric grills have lids that can be opened into flat surface to provide more cooking space. This can help you save more time in cooking when you intend to cook pancakes and eggs simultaneously. The tightly spaced ridges can prevent the food from falling to the drip tray.
- Single Cooking Surface:
This model is similar to charcoal grills and is great to use for grilling fish and meat. You’ll get better cooking results with single cooking surface than the contact model.
- Dual Heating Surface:
This model allows you to cook your food on both sides without the need to turn it over. This great feature can save half of your time.
Different Electric Grill Models:
Different electric grill models have varying special features. Below is a list of electric grill’s special features that you must consider to check before making your choice.
Electric grills that are designed with floating hinge can evenly grill thin or thick food because the flexible hinge can ‘float’ above the food. The floating hinges can accommodate up to 2 inches of food’s thickness.
Electric grills allow you to control the temperature with ease. You can adjust the temperature easily to provide the exact temperature that your food needs. The best grills have touch-button controls and LCD readout.
The locking latch feature allows you to secure the cover of grill when it is closed. This is useful when there are kids around while you are grilling. It will prevent them from getting burned and from other accidents. The latch also allows you to store the grill upside down.
Nonstick Grates and Plates:
One of the best things about nonstick plates and grates is that you no longer need to scratch off fats and grease. The nonstick feature can also help promote healthy cooking because you don’t need to use excessive oil to cook your foods.
Using electric grills won’t save you from cleaning. But fortunately, they are all designed with removable grates and plates that you can simply pop into your dishwasher after use.
Additional Buying Tips for Electric Grills:
- Choose the grill that comes with at least 1,000 to 1,500 watts. Grills with lesser watts won’t provide enough heat.
- Check the cooking area. The sizes of electric grills’ cooking area ranges from 35 square inches to more than 300 square inches. You may find the best size for you by deciding the amount of cooking that you intend to do.
- Consider your storage space. Some grills are portable and light. You can simply hang them or store them inside a kitchen cabinet when not in use. Smaller grills can save enough space while bigger ones may require a special storage spot.
- Check the floating hinges. See if they can be adjusted to the thickness of food that you are planning to cook.
- If you are careful with your diet, you should also pay a close attention to the grill’s drip pans. Drip pan is designed to collect fats. Look for drip pans that are deep and sturdy. They must be able to stay in place while the cooking takes place and keep the fat away from the hot surface. There are models that are designed with second drip pan, which is useful when you are cooking steaks and burgers.
- Drip pans are also useful to prevent smoke when cooking indoors. Just add water to the drip pan so the falling fats will cool down instantly.
Some electric grills come with bun warmers that allow you to warm your bread while cooking your burger. This is a nice additional feature, but you won’t really need it if you already have an oven toaster at home.
Don’t forget to check the electric cord. Make sure that it is long enough to reach the electric socket otherwise you will need to buy an extra extension cord.
The most important thing that must be considered is the quality of the product. Keep in mind that you will only get a decent cooking experience if the grill is made of quality materials.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Electric Grill Buyers Guide For 2023-2024.