Best Elchim Classic 2001 Blow Dryer Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Elchim Classic 2001 Blow Dryer Review Guide For 2022-2023 – The Elchim brand is quite popular among hairstylists. It has also won numerous awards for its products. So, to a home user, this is indeed a premier brand and their hair tools do not come cheap. We have below the Elchim 2001 review which is also called the Classic model. According to their website, it is one of the world’s best selling professional hair dryers. Let’s see if the pros and cons justify the price that is to be paid for this unit. To see them keep reading our Best Elchim Classic 2001 Blow Dryer Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Elchim Classic 2001 Blow Dryer
We start off by looking at the features at this hair dryer:
- 1875 watts
- Narrow front section
- 2 fan speeds
- 3 heat settings
- Removable lint filter
- High precision concentrator nozzle
At first glance, the features of the Elchim Classic 2001 is no different from typical hair dryers. It has 1875 watts of power but it also has a high end AC motor that is supposed to be more reliable and efficient. All the other components are definitely of better quality too compared to your discount store hair dryers. This gives it a more solid and quality feel. The overall design is aimed at a perfect balance of heat, airflow and air pressure to dry the hair faster.
The front section is narrower for channelling greater heat and air pressure. You can also attach the high precision concentrator nozzle to further reduce drying time. The nozzle concentrates heat and air on a small section for maximum efficiency.
There are 5 temperatures for this Elchim hair dryer through the 2 fan speeds and 3 heat settings. The heat options are High, Medium and Low. The Low setting is for cool air. According to the product listing on retailers’ websites, the hair dryer is suitable for all hair types.
The Elchim 2001 has a 9-foot cord which is considered long for home use. While it is not marketed as a lightweight dryer, it has a well-balanced design that makes it easy to hold and use.
Should You Buy The Elchim 2001 Classic Hair Dryer?
- Relatively quiet – The high quality AC motor helps in noise reduction. This is why there are more than the usual user comments the touched on the quietness of this hair dryer compared to cheaper brands. A less expensive but also fairly quiet hair dryer would be the Rusk W8less 2000 Watts Professional Dryer.
- High blowing pressure – Many buyers find that they can get their hair dried pretty quickly with the Elchim 2001. They managed to cut down their drying time by as much as half compared to their old hair dryers. This is due to the strong airflow at constant temperatures produced by the high quality components of the hair dryer.
- Choice of colors – Most hair dryers come in only one or two colors. The Elchim classic model gives you a choice of several colors to suit your preference and room decor. Available colors include black, red, white and pink.
- No burning – The hair dryer does not fry your hair like the cheap one does. While it may not be hot enough to a small minority of users, the heat is not so intense that it damages your hair.
- No Cold Shot – There is no Cold Shot button for the Elchim 2001. Although many hair dryers have this feature, it is a surprise that this is missing from this high end model. Some people don’t find it to be a problem because you can always use the Low setting for the same effect. But it is a matter preference. A Cold Shot button may be more convenient if you just need a quick blast of cool air. For a high end hair dryer with this feature, you can also check out the Solano Supersolano 3500 Lite.
- Motor failure – The complaints of failure are not many. But they do appear frequent enough to be a concern for a hair dryer of this price range. Most complaints of this nature noted failure within 2 years of use.
- Expensive – Although comparatively cheaper than the Elchim 3900, this model is still considered a luxury model. It costs about $140 at the time of review (price subject to change). There are many hair dryers that cost considerably less such as the BaByliss Pro Ceramic Xtreme Dryer. This one retails for half the price of the Elchim 2001.
A hair dryer is a very personal appliance. What works for one may not work for another. Generally, the Elchim Classic 2001 is a highly rated hair dryer with positive reviews. If you have fine hair and need bounce and volume, this is a good choice.