Best Document Scanners Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Document Scanners Review Guide For 2022-2023– A document scanner is an essential piece of equipment for any office. Whether you’re working with photos or just need to digitize receipts and documents, there’s a scanner that’ll fit your needs.
We’ve rounded up our top picks, looking at features like portability, workload capacity, and cost to help you choose the right document scanner for your business. To find out even more keep reading our Best Document Scanners Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Canon imageFORMULA R40 Amazon’s Choice
For an office that handles various types of documents (including photos), the Canon imageFORMULA R40 is the perfect fit. It has a 60-sheet capacity automatic feeder tray and can scan up to 40 pages per minute.
It also has automatic double-sided scanning in both color and black-and-white, so employees won’t have to manually flip pages over.
Additionally, it’s able to scan standard-sized sheets of paper, as well as oversized documents and even receipts and business cards. You can scan documents directly to cloud-based software like Google Drive, QuickBooks Online, or Dropbox for easier archiving and organization.
Featuring a plug-and-play set up with a USB cable, this document scanner can be used with both Windows- and Mac-based computers. The front of the scanner also has large and easy-to-use buttons for intuitive controls when scanning documents and photos.
- Stay organized: Easily convert your paper documents into searchable digital formats
- Reliably handles many different document types: Receipts, photos, business cards, reports, contracts, long documents, thick or thin documents, and more
- Fast and efficient: Scans both sides of a document at the same time, in color, at up to 40 pages per minute, with a 60 sheet automatic feeder, and one touch operation
- Broad compatibility: Windows and Mac TWAIN driver included
- Easy Setup: Simply connect to your computer using the supplied USB cable
- Bundled software: Includes easy-to-use Canon CaptureOnTouch scanning software (Win and Mac) plus free licenses for Readiris PDF and OCR software and Cardiris business card software (Win)
- Backed by a one-year and US-based technical support
Epson FastFoto FF-680W
If you work in a creative field or deal with photo archiving, the Epson FastFoto FF-680W is a great option. You can scan both 8 x 10-inch and 4 x 6-inch photos as well as Polaroids, postcards, and panoramic shots individually or together in a single batch.
It comes packaged with Epson’s FastFoto software so you can make simple edits like red-eye reduction, color correction, and cropping without relying on extra programs. You can also use it to upload scans directly to Dropbox and Google Drive for easier archiving and organization.
With a scanning speed of up to one photo per second and document scanning speeds of up to 45 pages per minute, this document scanner lets your employees spend less time archiving and more time completing other work.
If your business handles fragile, old photographs, the scanner has a SafeTouch setting to protect them from damage. It also has a quick and easy plug-and-play set up process for both Windows- and macOS-based computers.
- World’s Fastest Personal Photo Scanner(1) scan thousands of photos as fast as 1 photo per second at 300 dpi(2)
- Preserve your priceless photos safe touch technology for worry free scanning upto 8.5 inches wide, plus postcards, Polaroid photos and panoramas
- Second Generation Epson Fast Foto Software Scan, Restore, Organize and Share precious memories; Offers intelligent file organization tools
- Flexible scanning offers modes for easy sharing (300 dpi), archiving (600 dpi TIFF) and enlarging (1200 dpi(4)); Handles multiple sizes in one batch
- Powerful Document Scanning includes Epson ScanSmart Software with OCR; Scan receipts, tax records, wills and more, upto 45 ppm/90 ipm(5)
- Easy to Connect includes both USB and wireless connectivity for flexible placement; Perfect picture imaging system bring new life to old photos with auto enhancement, color restoration, red eye reduction, de skew, crop, rotate
- Easy Auto Upload and Backup instantly share your memories as you scan via Dropbox and Google Drive
- Single Step Technology capture both the image and any handwritten notes on the back in a single scan; Operating Temperature: 41degree to 95 degree F (5 degree to 35 degree C)
Brother ADS-2700W Amazon’s Choice
The Brother ADS-2700W scanner is ideal for an office that handles large workloads but doesn’t have a dedicated space for printers and scanners. It has a 50-sheet capacity loading tray for tackling large document stacks.
This document scanner has a folding-tray design that’ll help save some room on your desk, too. You can connect it to your Windows-, macOS-, and Linux-based computers via Ethernet, wireless, and USB connection.
It has multi-feed detection, as well as background removal and blank page removal options for document scanning.
You can scan photos and documents directly to a dedicated file, create an image, or scan to an email. With automatic double-sided scanning and speeds of up to 35 pages per minute, the document scanner can easily handle large workloads.
If you’re concerned about authorized access, you can set up user profiles so that only approved users can access the scanner.
- VERSATILE CONNECTIVITY: The Brother Wireless desktop color scanner permits users to connect via Ethernet, wireless, or high speed USB 2.0
- 2.8″ COLOR TOUCHSCREEN: The LCD display offers one touch scanning to preset destinations and device settings to expedite scanning functions. Wireless network security is up 64/128 bit, WPA/psk (tkip/aes) and wpa2 psk aes
- IMAGE OPTIMIZATION FEATURES: This desktop document scanner includes multi feed detection, background removal, blank page removal, and more
- MULTIPLE DRIVER SUPPORT: The Brother ADS2700W desktop color scanner support Windows, Mac, and Linux along with TWAIN, WIA for PC, ICA for Mac, and SANE (1)
- SECURE: The ADS 2700W ensures secure scanner access using individual and specific scanning functions including SSL, TLS, SFTP, and Settings Lock.. Daily Duty Cycle:3000
- Connectivity Technology: WiFi
Epson Perfection V600
For a flatbed-style document scanner, look no further than the Epson Perfection V600. This scanner features LED lights that don’t require a warm-up period, so you won’t have to wait around for it to work.
It also has a scanning area of 8.5 x 11 inches, allowing you to scan regular-sized documents, 4 x 6-inch photos, and 8 x 10-inch photos.
You can create enlargements of photos of up to 17 x 22 inches and make minor edits like color correction with the included Epson Easy Photofix software.
If you’re scanning photos, you can digitally remove the appearance of dust, scratches, creases, and tears for a cleaner, final product.
If you work with photo slides and negatives, the document scanner has a built-in transparency format for checking details and making corrections before printing.
You can also scan documents directly to a file, email, or PDF with the programmable buttons on the front of the unit. With a USB cable for providing power, the scanner can connect to your Windows- or macOS-based computer.
- Create extraordinary enlargements from film: 6400 x 9600 dpi for enlargements up to 17 Inches x 22 Inches. Maximum Scan Area 8.5 x 11.7 inches. TPU 2.7 x 9.5 inches
- Remove the appearance of dust and scratches from film: Digital ICE for Film
- Remove the appearance of tears and creases from photos: Digital ICE for prints
- Restore faded color photos with one touch: Epson easy photo fix included
- Scan slides, negatives and medium format panoramic film: Built in transparency unit
- Achieve greater productivity: Energy efficient Ready Scan LED light source means no warm up time, faster scans and lower power consumption
- Convert scanned documents into editable text: ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus OCR
- Take your photos further: ArcSoft PhotoStudio included, to help edit and enhance your digital images
- Quickly complete any task: Instantly scan, copy, scan to email and create PDFs with four customizable buttons
Brother ADS3000N Amazon’s Choice
Capable of handling a large daily workload, the Brother ADS3000N has a 50-sheet capacity loading tray, can scan up to 50 pages per minute, and has a daily work cycle of 5,000 pages. This document scanner is compatible with Windows-, macOS-, and Linux-based computers as well as iOS and Android mobile devices.
With its automatic double-sided scanning feature, there’s no need to manually flip pages. You can scan photos, documents, receipts, and even plastic ID cards in both color and black-and-white.
You can also add the document scanner to your office network via hardwired Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and a USB connection. The included software suite lets you scan directly to a USB drive or mobile device and convert scans to PDF and Microsoft Office documents.
- QUICK SCANNING: This high-speed document scanner lets you process single- and double-sided materials in a single pass, at up to 50 pages per minute
- FLEXIBLE MEDIA HANDLING: Scan photos, documents, receipts, embossed plastic cards, business cards, and more in color and black and white
- KOVAK VRS CERTIFIED: An image processing software that examines scanned materials and applies the appropriate image corrections for optimal results
- NETWORK SCANNING: Wired Gigabit Ethernet networking scans to destinations including OCR, email, print, FTP/SFTP, USB, Microsoft SharePoint and more
- OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Includes a one-year limited warranty and free phone, email or live chat technical support for the life of the product
Brother ImageCenter ADS-2800W Amazon’s Choice
The Brother ImageCenter ADS-2800W ticks all the boxes for mid-sized offices. This document scanner features both single- and double-sided scanning in both color and black-and-white, while its 3.7-inch color touchscreen gives your employees easy and intuitive controls and can scan to USB drives, network locations, or mobile devices. You can also scan photos, documents, embossed cards, and receipts at up to 40 pages per minute.
The document scanner is compatible with Windows-, macOS-, and Linux-based computers, so there won’t be any compatibility issues at the office. It includes software that allows you to convert your scanned images into PDF or Microsoft Office documents. There’s also built-in security software that lets you set up authorized user profiles to prevent unwanted access to the scanner or your information.
- FAST SCANNING: Scan single and double-sided materials in a single pass, in both black-and-white and color, at speeds of up to 40 pages per minute
- MULTI-PAGE SCANNING FEATURES: Select 2-in-1 mode to capture 11″ × 17″ documents or continuous scan mode to scan unlimited pages into a single file
- FLEXIBLE MEDIA HANDLING: Scan photos, documents, receipts, embossed plastic cards, business cards, and more in color and black and white
- DIRECT SCANNING VIA WIRELESS: The wireless networking with Web Connect allows direct scanning to cloud applications, including Google Drive and more
- Operating system compatibility is windows xp 32-bit only, windows vista, windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1, windows 10, mac OS X v10.8.x and up and linux
- OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Includes a one-year limited warranty and free phone, online and chat technical support for the life of the product
Canon CanoScan Lide 300 Amazon’s Choice
For offices on a tight budget for equipment, opt for the Canon CanoScan Lide 300 flatbed scanner. This document scanner is compatible with both Windows-and macOS-based computers, and it uses a single USB connection for both power and data transfer.
You can scan images and documents in as little as 10 seconds for fast and efficient work. The lid of the scanner can be raised up to 21mm, so you can scan magazines or stacks of documents.
If you scan photos, you can use the bundled software to make minor edits like fade correction and dust reduction. The document scanner features a built-in PDF button that automatically saves scans as a PDF file, which can be easily edited and found.
It also has an automatic scan mode that detects what you’re scanning and suggests optimized actions for both photos and documents like DPI resolutions and saved locations.
- Scan documents quickly and easily with fast scanning up to 10 seconds
- Digitize documents and images thanks to 2400 x 2400 dpi resolution, and with image enhancements, such as fade correction and dust reduction, your photos will continue to look great
- Enjoy ease of use with 4 ‘EZ’ buttons. With auto scan mode, the Scanner automatically detects what you’re scanning; Built in PDF button, easily scans and saves pdf’s that are editable and searchable
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500
If you’d like to invest in a high-end scanner for your business, the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 has features and work speeds that more than justify the price. This document scanner is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux, meaning it’ll work with any networking system your office uses.
Your employees will be able to tackle even the largest workloads quickly and easily, thanks to its 50-sheet capacity automatic document feeder and a working speed of 30 pages per minute.
This scanner features automatic double-sided scanning and comes bundled with software that allows you to automatically crop images and delete blank pages from documents. The 4.3-inch touchscreen lets you choose a save destination for scanned files such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or a network location.
You can connect the document scanner to your computer via a USB cable or Wi-Fi signal. With a Wi-Fi connection, you can send scanned images and documents to compatible mobile devices.
- Large, intuitive 4.3-inch touch screen for easy one-touch scanning
- PC less scanning – Easily scan to your preferred destination, popular cloud services such as Google Drive and Dropbox, your desktop folders, mobile devices and more
- Sharing capabilities with multiple users via one scanner: Create unique user profiles and save information to user-specific folders
- All in one solution to optimize your productivity. Includes ScanSnap Home to capture, organize, manage your business, home, or classroom.
- The LCD Panel, WI-FI, and USB connections makes it easy to setup and start scanning
Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Document Scanners Review Guide For 2022-2023.