Best DIY Home Security System Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best DIY Home Security System Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Do you want to feel more secure while you are away from your home? Whether you are at work or on vacation, securing your home while no one is there is a major concern for most families. A DIY Home security system will provide the peace of mind you are looking for and will give you an extra set of eyes on your home at all times.
Even if you are home, this device will protect your young ones and loved ones. Keep your family and your belongings safer with these security systems. The following reviews provide the best DIY home security systems on the market today that will provide you the best protection and peace of mind. To find out more keep reading our Best DIY Home Security System Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Most Popular DIY Home Security System – SimpliSafe 12 Piece Wireless Home Security System w/HD Camera
Amazon’s Choice:Of the 126 million homes in America, only 20% have home security. At SimpliSafe, we’re changing that. Our goal is simple: to make homes safe for everyone, and not with false security, but with real protection. Our frustration-free DIY home surveillance system bundles have precise sensors to know the difference between a family pet and an unwanted intruder, and are designed with long range sensors for entire home protection.
SimpliSafe is for homes of all sizes and is built with unprecedented safeguards to keep your home protected against power outages, downed Wi-Fi, cut landlines, and physical attacks from hammers, bats, and more. This easy-to-use wireless system is full of surveillance products small enough to disappear into your home and provide blanket protection. Breathe easy with proper protection at a safe and reasonable price.
The 12-piece wireless Security bundle provides 24/7 security with a smash safe keypad that is soft to touch, easy to use during the day and night, and requires no plug (meaning you can place it anywhere), and will alert the police in case of attack. The base station is like your personal security guard: It sends alarm signals to the monitoring center with a built-in cellular connection, 24-hour battery backup, and a 95dB siren. Each entry sensor (5 total) protects your doors and windows and is designed to disappear and blend into the background. The 2 motion sensors are designed for human detection, no pet detection.
The key fob lets you arm and disarm your system with The press of a button – A fantastic addition for anyone who might forget their pin code. The extra 105dB siren can be placed inside or outside the house to scare off burglars and alert neighbors to a break-in. The simplicity gives you flawless HD video and audio streaming as well as a 120° field of vision day and night. Enjoy effective, contract-free 24/7 professional monitoring, and make sure your home is the safest place on earth.
- Ready to protect right out of the box. Just plug in the base station, place your sensors, plug in your Simplicam and start protecting your home in minutes – no tools required.
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring and cloud recording with police, fire & medical dispatch starting at 50c/day – No contracts.
- Sound the alarm. Pioneering signal burst technology that is powerful enough to cover homes of every size, with up to 1000 ft. range — no extender needed.
- The SimpliCam security camera lets you see what’s happening at home anytime from your phone, tablet or computer and comes with a built-in stainless steel shutter for complete control over privacy.
- Includes: Base station with built-in 95dB siren, 5 Entry sensors, 2 Motion sensors, Key Fob, Panic button, SimpliCam, Yard Sign, Window security stickers, and a Free month of monitoring
- Motion sensors detect motion within 30 feet, has a 90 degree field of vision and gets along great with pets under 50lbs. Perfect for full range coverage when placed in a corner.
- Backups for your backups. 24 hour battery and dual WiFI & cellular connections to keep your home secure and protected from the unexpected.
- We’ve got you covered – customize your SimpliSafe security system with additional sensors for whole home protection – up to 100!
- Pair your SimpliSafe security system with your preferred smart home integration platform – Works with Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant
- 3 Year Warranty
- Base Station
- Entry Sensor (4)
- Motion Sensor (2)
- Panic Button
Best Overall DIY Home Security System – Fortress Security Store
The Fortress Security Store ™ GSM-A Wireless Cellular GSM Home Security Alarm System Auto Dial System: DIY Kit is a great security system for an affordable price. This DIY home security system has all the functions of a high-end alarming monitoring system without the monthly fees.
The Fortress Security Store ™ GSM-A Wireless Cellular GSM Home Security Alarm System is totally wireless with a built-in GMS dialer. This DIY home security system activates the siren then dials your phone or sends a text message in case of intrusion. With the remote monitoring you can call the system at any time and check the status, remotely arm, or disarm the alarm and use the intercom function.
This allows you to protect your home and your belongings easily with a simple phone call. The Dual network will allow you to connect the unit to both your landline and GSM simcard in the event that one fails, this provides back up security. The landline protection allows you to be protected if your landline is cut by an intruder with a siren that automatically sounds.
- All the functions of a high-end alarm monitoring system without the monthly fees! NEW GSM 3G/4G Panel for Home and Business Security- Wireless Do-It-Yourself Home and Business Security
- NEW completely wireless system with built-in 3G/4G GSM dialer. Activates siren then dials your phone or sends a text message in case of intrusion
- Remote monitoring. Call the system anytime and check status, remotely arm or disarm the alarm and use the intercom function
- Simply connect the unit to your FREE Pre-installed GSM SIM card (activation required) and enter up to 6 contact numbers into the system
- FREE mobile app for iPhone and Android phones so you can control your system from anywhere with your smartphone
- Functions or a high end alarming monitoring system without monthly fees
- Totally wireless with a built-in GMS dialer
- Activates the siren then dials your phone or sends a text message
- Allows you to connect to the unit of both your landline and GSM simcard
- Landline protection
Best Budget DIY Home Security System – SimpliSafe
The Simplisafe2 Wireless Home Security System 8-piece Plus Package is an affordable security system that will keep you and your belongings safe year after year. This DIY home security system can be installed by you in under an hour for half the cost. You can sign up for monthly monitoring with no commitment or long term contract if you desire the convenience of a monitoring company.
The Simplisafe2 Wireless Home Security System has a monitoring station that is UL Certified offering their services nationally 24/7 allowing you to feel confident that your home will be secure day and night. Every system includes a cellular modem that is built-in making it nearly impossible for a thief to defeat.
You can choose the monthly monitoring and you will receive the highest quality service, and yet save hundreds of dollars over traditional home security systems. When you purchase this DIY home security system batteries will be included and the battery life is 26,280 hours, which will last around 3 years. This home security system has a three year warranty against manufacturer defects.
- Wireless “Do it yourself” home security system
- Monitoring stations are ul-certified with a built in cellular connection
- Unbeatable 24/7 security for just $14.99 each month
- 8-piece Bundle
- Frustration-free packaging
- Installed by you in under an hour for half the cost
- You can sign up for monitoring with no commitment
- Monitoring station is UL certified
- Cellular modem that is built-in
- Battery life is 26,280 hours
Best DIY Home Security System Buyers Guide For 2022-2023
Things to Consider When Buying a DIY Home Security System:
A DIY Home Security System is a popular option for homeowners today. This is because it is easy to install no matter what your skill levelis.It also saves you time and money as it can be done without hiring and waiting for a service provider.
If you are looking for the right security system for your home, you should consider different factors to be able to choose the right one that best fits your preferences.
This Best DIY Home Security System Review Guide For 2022-2023 will provide you with guidelines on what to look for when purchasing a DIY Home Security System.
Basically, there are two types of configurations when it comes to home security systems: hardwired and wireless.
Wireless systems are now beginning to take over the market, but it is not always the best solution for every home. In this guide, you will also learn about the advantages and disadvantages of having wireless over hard wired systems, as well as other tips for getting a truly effective setup based on your needs.
The biggest advantage of a wireless system is the installation cost. You can save hundreds of dollars by going wireless. Most of the DIY systems today are wireless configurations. As mentioned before, it will also save you a lot of time in the process.
If you can a hang a picture on the wall, there is a good chance that you can install a wireless security system yourself. Going wireless means that there are no wires to run except for the electrical plug that will power the control interface. Typically, you only need to be able to screw some cameras or sensors, or in some instances just stick them to the wall via tape adhesion.
That means you don’t have to break, drill, fish, or run wires through your wall, and you could connect to your control box without having costly electrical installations. The larger the house, the bigger is the savings when it comes to wireless configurations.
However, if your home is too large, you might need to go for hard wired to be able to have a more reliable security system. In general, a 2GHz system can keep constant connection with wireless components in about an acre worth of residential area.
One disadvantage of the wireless system is that the components will eventually run out of battery life. It is therefore necessary to invest in a dependable battery backup system not only in case of emptying battery life but also to continue to protect your home even in the event of a power outage or a break in attempt by an intruder.
Also, note that it is better to buy equipment that is powered by rechargeable batteries. They may have a larger upfront cost, but will prove to be more economical in the long run.
Look for a system that notifies you or gives an alarm that can alert you if which batteries are running low. Or if you can, frequently test the components of your system and replace batteries regularly.
Another disadvantage of a wireless configuration is the risk of faulty installation. Even though you don’t need any formal training to set up this system, there’s always the risk that you did not do it properly. When you hire a service provider, you can make sure that everything will be done correctly.
Also, DIY home security systems don’t have the capability to connect to a professional monitoring service. This is a disadvantage when you’re out of town because emergency responders can’t be alerted when your alarm is tripped.
Here are some more tips before buying a DIY Home Security System
- Make a security plan for your home. Write down how many locations or areas you want to protect. These include doors, windows, and other high-risk areas. With a plan, you can best decide on what features to look for in a home security system.
- Research online for the best home security products that suit your needs. You can also ask friends and family members their recommendations. As you gather information from others, take note of the issues they are encountering with their systems. Try to find ways on how to stay away from those problems before purchasing. Hint: Some problems or issues are caused by human error or user-related incidents. Take note of these as well so that you have a better idea on what works or not.
- Look around and compare prices and services from various home security companies. Look for those that give the most value for money and one that gives excellent before and after sales customer service.
- The quality of wireless security systems in the market today considerably varies. If you want to ensure that your purchase will be worthwhile and will last longer, go for well-known manufacturers who have already built an outstanding reputation.
- If you’re a beginner when it comes to home security systems, consider buying a starter kit instead of purchasing separate components. A starter kit usually provides the basic equipment and software needed, as well as detailed instructions on how to install them. Eventually, you may choose to expand your system and add more elements.
- Most home security companies use standard components that are compatible with all major providers in the market, while some offer proprietary equipment. In order to have the flexibility and versatility to buy from different suppliers and the option to expand your system, stay away from companies that only sell proprietary equipment.
- Consider setting up a separate computer to store your CCTV video feeds. Although a common DIY home security system records video only when there is movement in the camera’s field of view, that footage needs to be stored in a computer that is kept on at all times. For better reliability, it’s good to have a standalone computer that is dedicated to this purpose.
- Many DIY security system companies offer free technical support and installation instructions over the phone or online. There are also some that give technical trainings for a price. Examine the fine print to see what support services will be available to you. It is also best to look for warranties before making your final purchase decision.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Best DIY Home Security System Review Guide For 2022-2023.