Best Dehumidifiers Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Dehumidifiers Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Join the millions that have trusted BestReviewsThisYear.com to help them make smarter buying decisions.
Let our independent expert reviews and data-driven shopping recommendations help you find the Best Dehumidifier that’s right for you.
Remove dampness from every part of your home, from closets to basements. When it’s humid, unfortunately, that stickiness doesn’t always stay outside.
It can creep into your home and make already wet spaces like the bathroom and laundry room even damper. For most, a home between 30% to 50% humidity is ideal (higher in the summer and lower in the winter).
When humidity creeps above 50%, the space can become a breeding ground for mold, mildew, dust mites and other critters.
Everyday activities such as showering, cleaning clothes and dishes, sweating, and many others can cause excess moisture in the air.
Also, there are some places where the air is naturally humid due to existing climatic conditions. As a result, there has been a high demand for the top dehumidifiers this year.
That’s where a dehumidifier comes in. Unlike a humidifier, which adds moisture to the air, a dehumidifier removes excess water from your environment, preventing mold, mildew and other issues that can harm your health — or your home.
Most dehumidifiers draw humid air in through an inlet using an internal compressor and fan. The air goes through cool coils that pull out excess moisture and condense it into the reservoir. Dry air is then propelled back into the room.
Dehumidifiers are electric-powered machines that function to eliminate excess moisture or odor in the air. These appliances are commonly used in households and offices. Besides, there are also bigger versions of them which can be used in large buildings.
While looking for a household dehumidifier, portability is quite essential. Nevertheless, you shouldn’t settle for an item that doesn’t have a high performance.
If that is what you are looking for, this review contains all the information that you need. So, let’s dive in and see our choices inside our Best Dehumidifiers Review Guide For 2022-2023.
VAVSEA Dehumidifier – Top Pick
Energy-saving tools such as the vavsea dehumidifier are the best because they help reduce your monthly bill on power. It consumes only 0.552W in 24 hours and has a high-level nozzle that promises a more comfortable environment.
Besides, it has an auto shut-off feature that automatically powers off this tool when the appropriate water levels are attained in the air.
It has a lightweight and compact design for portability and also to occupy a small surface area of your room. Also, due to its highly silent functionality, it makes the best dehumidifier for offices.
- Brand VAVSEA
- Color 17oz
- Capacity 1.1 Pounds
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 6.06 x 5.11 x 8.58 inches
- Item Weight 17 Ounces
- Operation Mode Standard
- Floor Area 215 Square Feet
- Upper Temperature Rating 50 Degrees Celsius
- Product Dimensions 5.11″D x 6″W x 8.5″H
About this item:
- High-Efficiency Dehumify: VAVSEA Electric Small dehumidifier with 17oz capacity tank, and dehumidification feature better than ordinary electric dehumidifier. Fits for area about 215 sq·ft apartment, working at RH85% condition has a significant effect. The small dehumidifier for home helps you improve air quality and create a comfortable and health living environment for you.
- Energy Saving-Healthy: This mini dehumidifier is effective and energy saving with a power only 23W/hour which means using only 0.552kW of electricity after running for 24 hours. This dehumidifier air conditioner environmentally friendly and more affordable than traditional chemical absorbents.
- Ultra-Quiet: Dehumidifiers for home take excessive water out of the air with super quite design. Utilising thermoelectric (peltier) cooling that is whisper quiet and energy efficient with a low power consumption. Noise is below 30dB, runs quiet with no annoying sound, without disturbing your sleep, work or study, perfect for space like bedroom.
- Smart Auto-Shutoff Function: The dehumidifier small shut-off automatically when full water. The indicator light would turn Red when the water tank needs draining. Easily removal and back into the air dehumidifier. Note: air filter optimal operating temperature is 41°F-122°F, below 41°F the effect of dehumidification is not obvious. Perfect for Environment Over 15°C, over 40%RH.
- Easy to Operate and Portable: Our portable dehumidifier is mini-size and will automatically shut-off. Perfect for use in home,kitchen,bathroom, bedroom, caravan, garage, closet. And you can easy to move it into bedrooms, bathrooms, RV and offices.
- It is super easy to operate
- Quiet functioning dehumidifier for offices and bedrooms
- It helps in conserving energy because of its low power consumption and the automatic shut off feature
- Its tank is relatively small. Hence, it requires frequent emptying
Pro Breeze Dehumidifier – Best Coverage
With a coverage capacity of 3000 – 3250 square feet, this Pro Breeze Large Dehumidifier is ideal for any space, particularly of large size. A 24-hour timer is also included, allowing you to program when the appliance should turn on or off.
It works effectively for drying laundry or keeping any home space dry and includes an energy-saving auto-off feature that shuts the unit off automatically when the huge 10-pint water tank is full.
Using the provided drainage hose, you may dehumidify day and night with no breaks. Additionally, the big dehumidifier includes a humidity sensor that allows you to select your ideal room humidity from 30% and 80%.
- Size: 50 Pint Dehumidifier
- Brand Pro Breeze
- Capacity 20 Liters
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 7.87 x 12.6 x 22.83 inches
- Item Weight 13.8 Kilograms
- Operation Mode Continuous
- Product Dimensions 7.87″D x 12.6″W x 22.8″H
About this item:
- POWERFUL DEHUMIDIFIER: Our dehumidifiers can extract up to 50 pints of moisture a day (86°F and 80% atmospheric humidity), protecting your walls, furniture, and appliances. Perfect for home office, large rooms, basements, cellars, and storage rooms.
- 3250 SQUARE FOOT COVERED! With an extra large 3000 – 3250 sq ft coverage capacity, the Pro Breeze 50 Pint/Day Dehumidifier is the ideal dehumidifier for home or commercial dehumidifier. It also has a built-in 24-hour timer which lets you set a time for the appliance to turn on or turn off. Ideal for drying clothes or keeping your basement dry.
- DRAINAGE HOSE INCLUDED: This dehumidifier has an energy-saving auto-off function that automatically shuts off the dehumidifier once it reaches the water tank’s large 10 pint capacity. For continuous drainage, you can use the included drainage hose which lets you dehumidify all day and all night! No need to empty the tank, and no overflows.
- INTELLIGENT HUMIDITY SENSOR: The Pro Breeze large dehumidifier has a built-in humidity sensor, which allows you to set your desired room humidity between 30%-80%. Once this level is reached, the unit will turn off to conserve energy. It also displays your current room humidity with a color indicator.
- PORTABLE AND STYLISH: With a stylish, slimline exterior, this dehumidifer is unobtrusive and smartly designed – ideal for your home office, basement or bedroom. It has a set of convenient wheels and a carry handle. It measures at 22.8″ x 12.6″ x 7.87″ and weighs a manageable 31 lbs.
- Larger coverage capacity for bigger spaces
- Manual shut-off setting
- Energy-saving auto-off conserves energy
- A little heavier
Eva-Dry Dehumidifier – Runner Up
If you are looking for a non-toxic dehumidifier for a kid’s room, the Eva dry dehumidifier is likely to meet your expectations. It is a spill and mess-free machine that incorporates a wireless design.
Also, it has a small, sleek design that significantly improves its portability to allow your kid to change its location without any struggles.
Nevertheless, this humidifier, with a room capacity of 333 cubic feet, is quite cost-saving. How? First, regardless of its wireless design, you will not incur the cost of purchasing batteries. Secondly, it has a longer run time and drains its power slowly.
- Brand Eva-Dry
- Color White Sand
- Capacity 6 Ounces
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 9 x 8.25 x 2.88 inches
- Item Weight 1.2 Pounds
- Operation Mode Continuous
- Floor Area 333 Cubic Feet
- Upper Temperature Rating 105 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Product Dimensions 8.25″D x 9″W x 2.88″H
About this item:
- EASY TO USE: This mini dehumidifier is spill and mess free. Just hang and go! Non-toxic, child and pet safe! Your small rooms will be dry and odor free. Works for areas up to 333 cubic feet
- MINI DEHUMIDIFIER GOES A LONG WAY: Super dry dehumidifier unit lasts 20-30 days before recharging the silica gel beads. Absorbing capacity up to 6oz
- SMALL, SLEEK DESIGN: This portable small design lets you hang or conveniently place the dehumidifier anywhere to fight pesky humidity! Cars, closets, boats, cabinets, gun safes, and even gym bags! A very convenient cool gift for everyone!
- 100% CORDLESS DEHUMIDIFIER: Moisture out: Cords out! No cables or batteries required. Just charge your device and say bye-bye humidity! Renewable and rechargeable moisture absorber. Lasts up to 4 weeks before recharge
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: SUPER DRY ODOR-FREE LIFE! Our dehumidifiers are top quality! Super durable and reliable. Comes with an industry-leading 5 year warranty guarantee so you can get rid of moisture and not worry about mold or leaks!
- Because of its portable design, you can place it anywhere
- It has a high absorbing capacity of over 5oz. Hence, it will perfectly remove excess moisture
- It doesn’t require frequent recharging and emptying
- It takes many hours to recharge fully
Vremi Dehumidifier – Honorable Mention
Dehumidifiers have varying room capacities, which determine the size of the room they can work in efficiently. The vremi dehumidifier has a vast room capacity of 4500square feet, making it efficient for big-sized spaces.
Regardless of its big room capacity, this machine has a small size. Thus, it is portable and occupies only a small size of your room.
Nevertheless, it has an automatic power-off functionality that helps save on power and, above all, a continuous running cycle of 24-hours to remove all excess water perfectly.
- Brand Vremi
- Color White
- Capacity 50 Pints
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 16.6 x 11 x 24.3 inches
- Item Weight 41.6 Pounds
- Operation Mode Continuous
- Floor Area 4500 Square Feet
- Upper Temperature Rating 95 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Product Dimensions 11.8″D x 16.7″W x 24.3″H
About this item:
- Our Vremi dehumidifier is rated to remove 50 pints (70 Pint 2012 DOE Rating Standard) of moisture per day, and is ideal for medium to large spaces from 3,000 square feet up to 4,500 square feet
- We designed our dehumidifier with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that does its job without too much noise
- It’s a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship, and our user-friendly features reflect this. Simply adjust the appliance to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, and it’ll then shut-off automatically. For added convenience, there’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining (Note: Drain hose is not included with purchase of product)
- Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they work). This model measures 16.6 x 11 x 24.3 inches, with a 1.8 gallon water tank capacity
- Our portable dehumidifier also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed for maximum moisture removal. This product effectively reduces humidity and maintains a level of dryer air that can help you feel more comfortable
- It is super easy to clean and operate
- A sleek designed device that provides portability
- Due to its big tank size, it doesn’t require frequent emptying
- Its operations are a bit noisy
Pohl Schmitt Dehumidifier
In addition, we have this fanciful dehumidifier which incorporates a lightweight and quiet design.
It has a tank capacity of 17 ounces and a sleek design to help in the portability of this tool. Also, its fan has a brilliant construction which significantly reduces the level of noise generated.
Besides, this dehumidifier has compelling and efficient functionalities. How? It has a powerful motor and an excellent fan that extracts moisture even beneath the carpet.
Also, it has Peltier technology which significantly facilitates its smooth and silent operations.
- Brand POHL SCHMITT
- Color White
- Capacity 1.1 Pounds
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 11.18 x 6.3 x 5.12 inches
- Item Weight 17 Ounces
- Operation Mode Continuous
- Floor Area 225 Square Feet
- Product Dimensions 5.1″D x 6.1″W x 8.7″H
About this item:
- Powerful with High Efficiency – The Pohl + Schmitt Dehumidifier effectively covers up to 2200 cubic feet to remove up to 10 ounces of water per day in spaces up to 225 square feet (2200 cu ft)
- Breathe Easy with Full Lungs – Problems with air humidity are common in almost every household. Our compact dehumidifier is designed to reduce and maintain the level of humidity in the air, creating an environment with an ideal moisture setting
- Lightweight and Quiet – With its 17 ounce (500 ml) water tank, our mini dehumidifier is easily transferable from one room to another, taking that damp feeling out of any basement, laundry room, cellar, bathroom, kitchen, small room or any poorly ventilated area. Features Peltier technology (without a compressor) to run quietly and smoothly
- Multiple Benefits for Your Home – The Pohl + Schmitt dehumidifier features many benefits for humid spaces around the house. It can help to keep clothes, furniture and other fabrics fresh. Breads and cereals can be preserved for longer. It can also prevent damage to wood walls and furniture
- Made in China
- It has a powerful motor that helps to extract moisture on clothes, woods, or even beneath the carpet
- Its high strength construction promises durability, while the sleek design gives it an eye-appealing appearance
- It is quite portable and has silent operations
- It is corded; hence you can only use it where there is a power source
Made of high-quality materials, the Waykar dehumidifier has high-level features to maximally remove all the humidity in a room of 2000square feet.
It has a 0.66-gallon tank that allows humidification of up to 34pints per day. Consequently, this machine is best for rooms that are too humid, such as kitchens.
Moreover, it has intelligent moisture controls. So, you will only have to set the desired humidity levels, and this tool will work to achieve that.
Also, to give you the best user experience, it has a compact design and 360 degrees rotating wheels for mobility.
- Brand Waykar
- Color White
- Capacity 0.66 Gallons
- Operation Mode Sleep
- Floor Area 2000 Square Feet
- Upper Temperature Rating 35 Degrees Celsius
- Product Dimensions 9″D x 12.2″W x 20.9″H
About this item:
- Dehumidifier for Space Up to 2000 Sq. Ft: Our dehumidifiers are able to remove up to 34 pints (under 95°F,90%RH condition) of moisture per day. (Please note: under 95°F,90%RH condition,the max dehumidification capacity up to 34 pints) in areas up to 2000 Sq. Ft and adjust humidity from 30% to 85%.It is a dehumidifier ideal for any basements, office, home, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, stockroom, living room, laundry room, cellars, crawlspace, etc..
- Unique Design for The Modern Home: The Waykar dehumidifiers designed with modern look. With 360° rotatable wheels and ergonomically lift up handles, you can move around this dehumidifier easily. A quiet fan that won’t disturb you when you sleep or at work, adjustable fan speeds for multiple choices. 24-hour Timer Setting for preset operation and reduced energy consumption
- Intelligent Control: After you set your desired humidity, the dehumidifier will run intelligently. Humidity Auto Control-Simply adjust to your desire humidity, it will work smartly, when it reached its designated humidity, it will automatically stop working and then automatically restart to dehumidify when the humidity above target is sensed. Automatic Shut Off/On-Shuts off automatically when the bucket is full and switch it on again after the bucket emptied. Power Outage Automatic Restart
- Easy To Use: Auto Drain – The unit comes with a 6.56 feet drain hose that you can attached to the drain pipe hole to continually drain water that is dehumidified. Manual Drain – The water tank is 0.66 gallon/2.5 L,when it reaches maximum capacity, the “Full Tank “indicator will light up, the dehumidifier will automatically switch off until the tank has been emptied. Meanwhile, a reusable and washable filter preserves fresh and clean air quality
- Support: All of Waykar Dehumidifiers are covered with 30-Days Money Back if you are not satisfied with the product, 1 year warranty, 2nd year warranty extension and lifetime expert tech support. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if there is any question, we will reply to you within 24 hours and help you solve the problems. Waykar customer support team is always just one-email away
- Its 6.56 drain house makes it easy to empty the tank
- As a result of the vast tank capacity, it does not need regular draining
- It can remove over 35 pints of moisture in a day. Thus it is the best for highly humid rooms
- It has a heavyweight design, but its wheels make it easy to transport.
Best Dehumidifiers Buying Guide For 2022-2023
According to many researchers, moisture in the air beyond 50% can cause breathing problems. Moreover, high humidity can cause a foul odor, mildew growth, and decrease the durability of wooden and metallic surfaces.
Therefore, it is essential to have the best dehumidifiers to remove moisture from the air. The good thing is that there are portable dehumidifiers that you can use even in your bedroom or office.
Not to forget, there are also powerful dehumidifiers made for large buildings. Nonetheless, you are not guaranteed an easy time while purchasing a dehumidifier. That is why we have compiled this buying guide for you.
What Are The Features To Look For In An Efficient Dehumidifier?
The first thing to look for in a humidifier is its pint capacity. Pint capacity denotes the amount of water the device can remove within 24 hours. However, it is affected by some factors, such as the size of the room and its initial humidity level.
A pint capacity of 20 to 70 pints is recommended for a residential house. On the other hand, a dehumidifier for a commercial basement should have a print capacity of over 70 pints.
Dehumidifiers have a tank or bucket that collects the water from the air. You will have to empty this tank regularly, depending on its capacity. Consequently, a dehumidifier whose tank has a higher capacity would be the best.
Moreover, some humidifiers have a shut-off feature that powers off the device when the tank is full. That’s quite brilliant because you will not have to manually and regularly check the tank levels.
Manual Or Automatic Operations?
In the past, you had to manually power on and off the dehumidifier. Today, some dehumidifiers have sensors to sense the humidity levels and automatically power on and off the device.
As you could easily guess, automatic dehumidifiers are the best, although they are more expensive than manual dehumidifiers.
Corded Or Wireless?
Some dehumidifiers have a power cable that connects directly to the power source for it to run. Such devices are very powerful and recommended for areas with extreme humidity.
The problem with this design is that you have to place the device close to a power source that can limit areas with no power source outlet.
On the other side, we have wireless dehumidifiers, which as the name suggests have no power cord and use batteries as their source of power.
These tools are less powerful than corded dehumidifiers, and you will incur an extra expense to purchase the batteries. However, they give you the freedom to place them in rooms without an electricity connection.
Portability is essential, especially if you need a home dehumidifier. You should pay for a device that has a compact and lightweight design to deliver portability.
On the other hand, dehumidifiers for commercial uses are likely to be heavy and oversized, hindering portability. In such a case, you may look for a tool with wheels for easy transportation.
If you live in the same room where you will be placing your dehumidifier, you better look at the noise level of the device. Else you will have to bear the continuous buzzing sound from the equipment.
Generally, dehumidifiers are noisier, but it is possible to get a bearable dehumidifier to allow you to have a peaceful sleep. Usually, the noise levels of a dehumidifier are rated in decibels, denoted as dB. A noise rating of below 49db is recommended for residential use.
Since you will have to empty the tank regularly look for a non-messy spill-free device. Otherwise, you will face troubles while emptying, which will cause more mess.
Some devices are equipped with a built-in drain system and a hose, making it a good choice if you continuously run the dehumidifier. You will have to purchase a drain pump and a hose to empty the tank in other cases manually.
Capacity in a humidifier is measured in squares per foot of a room and its pint capacity
So how do you choose an appropriate dehumidifier?
First, calculate the sizing of your room. A 10-pint capacity dehumidifier is for a 500 square feet room. Then add 4 pints for every other 500 square feet.
For instance, 1000 square feet room will need a 14-pint capacity dehumidifier
Since dehumidifiers are power devices, they need the power to function. If you purchase a tool with high power consumption, you will suffer high monthly electricity bills.
However, some of the dehumidifiers have features to help in conserving energy. For instance, they may have an automatic shut-off feature that shuts off the tool when the appropriate humidity levels are attained to save on power.
Likewise, some of the devices have low voltage and current consumption that saves energy considerably.
If you live in humid areas, you will need a dehumidifier. These devices help remove excess moisture in the air to have clean breathing air and prevent foul odors.
Having gone through the review of the best dehumidifiers, you may have a list of the items you need.
Moreover, with our buying guide, we assume that you will have an easy time selecting the best dehumidifier for residential or commercial use. We wish you the best of luck!
Q: Can one dehumidifier be suitable for a whole house?
A: Dehumidifiers have varying capacities. Thus, to serve the whole house, its capacity must be equivalent to the house area.
However, there are whole-house dehumidifiers that can serve buildings of up to 5000square feet.
Q: What is the best place to put a dehumidifier?
A: Place the dehumidifier in the room that you stay in most of the time. Even in bedrooms, there are dehumidifiers with lesser noise levels for them.
Q: Can a dehumidifier kill mold?
A: Dehumidifiers do not kill mold. However, they remove excess water in the room, which causes the growth of mold.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Dehumidifiers Review Guide For 2022-2023.