Best Crepe Maker Review Guide For This Year
Best Crepe Maker Review Guide For This Year – Some types of specialty foods are easier to make it you have a specific type of small kitchen appliance. Crepes are one of those foods. While you can make crepes in a traditional pan on your stove, having a crepe maker is ideal if you prefer to make your favorite foods at home with less effort. Crepes are very versatile and can be sweet or savory. They can be eaten at any time of day as a meal or a snack. Making crepes at home can be a fun way to experiment with flavors or use traditional crepe recipes. These extremely thin pancake-like foods are traditionally made for breakfast but they are easy to customize based on your favorite flavors. When choosing a crepe make it’s important to choose one with a non-stick surface so your crepes come out perfect each time. The following is a list of the best crepe makers based on reviews by consumer guides and put into our Best Crepe Maker Review Guide For This Year.
Best Crepe Maker Buyers Guide For This Year
Crepe makers have a variety of different specialized features that make them attractive to cooks and that all buyers should bear in mind. Since not all crepe makers are the same, many of these features will differ from model to model, meaning that buyers should form a good idea of what it is that they want most in a crepe maker before they decide on which one to purchase. There are also a number of important questions about how crepe makers work and what they can do that we know may naturally occur to you if you’re shopping around for one of these machines.
Below, we will go through a number of these salient features and answer some of these questions.
Why Actually Use a Crepe Maker?
This is an obvious but very important question. After all, as long as you have eggs, flour, milk and water with which to make the batter, as well as some sort of flat cooking surface on which you can spread out that batter, you essentially have all that you need to make crepes. Strictly speaking, an ordinary pan or skillet would suffice as a flat cooking surface, so why get a special crepe maker at all?
Simply put, the reason why is that the ingredients mentioned above comprise only the very barest minimum of what is ideally needed to make a good crepe.
First of all, crepe makers are specifically designed to ensure the even cooking of batter, something that isn’t always guaranteed with an ordinary skillet. They also often come with thin edges that allow you to spread evenly your batter over the surface of your crepe pan or flip the crepe as needed. Crepe makers also have non-stick surfaces, which are godsends to cooks because they relieve cooks of the trouble of having to always scrape and possibly damage the surfaces of their pans when making large quantities of crepes. Some crepe makers even come with special tools to assist in spreading your batter or flipping your crepes.
These are all considerable advantages for crepe makers over ordinary pans.
Electric vs. Stovetop Crepe Makers:
Since the crepe makers that we’ve considered here have been all-electric ones, in the interest of giving you the fullest and the most well-rounded picture of your available options as a buyer, we think it is best to include some discussion of how electric crepe makers compare with the other major type of crepe maker, the top stove crepe maker.
Which of these two types will turn out to be best for you will ultimately depend on a number of factors? For this reason, a crucial component to know what kind of crepe maker is best for you means that you should know everything about you by yourself. Fortunately, we have a breakdown below of some of the relevant differences between electric and stovetop crepe makers to help you come to the best and most informed decision.
If you desire simplicity, speed, and accuracy, or if you aren’t an especially skilled or experienced cook, an electric crepe maker may be the best choice for you. In electric crepe makers, most functions are automated. Many of them even have to flash or blinking lights meant to indicate to you when the crepe is done cooking. Also, electric crepe makers tend to be rather versatile devices, suitable for cooking not only crepes but other things like pancakes and puzzles.
Of course, with these advantages come a number of drawbacks that it is wise to also take account of. For one, you must remember that electric crepe makers are electric appliances, meaning that after using them, proper cleanup is essential. If certain key areas are not cleaned thoroughly and if batter, fat, sugar or anything else are allowed to creep in, the device may function improperly or not at all. There also tends, unfortunately, to be some significant variation in the quality of the non-stick surfaces of electric crepe makers. Some are just fine, well-built and easy to clean, whereas others are prone to creating messes and may give you a headache when cleaning.
A stovetop crepe maker, on the other hand, is in simplest terms, a kind of specially-designed frying pan.
Non-electric stovetop pans are generally quite easy to clean. If you want to get brown the edges of your crepes and make them crispy, this generally is much easier to do with a stovetop crepe maker than with an electric one. Stovetop models also typically have excellent and reliable non-stick surfaces, specially designed as they are for making crepes or similar pastries. Certain stovetop models also come with an enameled surface that makes even for heating, though such models are generally on the more expensive side.
With stovetop crepe makers, the responsibility for heating and cooking the batter evenly mainly lies with the cook. If you’re not confident enough in your own cooking skills to be able to ensure manually that this happens, you might want to consider an electric model instead.
If you opt for a cast iron pan or one with some other kind of special surface like blue steel, remember that though these surfaces offer some great advantages – mainly in the form of durability and resistance to scratching – cleaning them is also usually significantly more difficult. Blue steel pans in particular even require some prior seasoning to prepare them for use.
MasterChef Cordless Crepe Maker
The MasterChef cordless crepe maker has a simple on/off switch and an indicator light to let you know when the cooking surface is ready for use. The electric base has a cord wrap for easy storage.
This crepe maker from MasterChef comes with a recipe book to help get you started. It also has a dipper plate and batter spreader to help you achieve the thinnest crepes.
- Crepe Maker – On/off switch has a ready light to indicate when the surface is hot enough to begin cooking
- Electric Crepe Pan – Dipping plate and a batter spreader are included to help you create the thinnest crepes
- Electric base is cordless, so no need to worry about wrapped up cords getting in the way. Makes a great gift for birthday or holidays!
- Instruction/recipe booklet included which takes the guesswork out of use and crepe preparation. Please ensure that the heating indicator light is on before attempting to pour batter and cook crepes in order to ensure that the crepe maker is properly heated
- Measures: 15″-L x 7.5″-W. Please ensure that the batter you are using is thin enough to produce a proper crepe; otherwise, sticking may occur
- Great value
- Wonderful, Medium-sized
- Good for the money
Crepe Maker and Non-Stick 12″ Griddle
This 12″ griddle and crepe maker from CucinaPro allows you to make blintzes, crepes, and more. It has rubber feet on the bottom of the base for stability. The on/off switch also has a light to let you know when the plate is heated up.
This crepe maker features 5 different temperature settings. It comes with a batter spreader to help you make super thin crepes. The non-stick surface wipes clean easily after use.
- Delicate crepes and blintzes are made quickly and easily on this 12″ non-stick crepe maker and griddle.
- Five different temperature settings, you’ll have precise control for perfect results.
- The batter spreader, which is an important part of making super-thin crepes, is included.
- The aluminum plate is also ideal for using as a griddle, perfect for making stacks of pancakes, bacon and other breakfast favorites.
- The On/Off ready light lets you know when the plate is hot enough.
- Rubber feet for extra stability.
- Includes recipes for basic crepe batter, fresh mushroom crepes, and blueberry blintzes.
- Wipe clean
- Make perfect easy crepes in minutes
- I love this crepe maker! I’ve had it for over six months and I’ve made all sorts of crepes on it.
- Excellent for making Dosa (Indian savory crepe).
- I’ve tried several of these and I love this one
Health and Home Crepe Maker
The Health and Home crepe maker has 1000 watts of power. It features a 13″ cooking surface with an aluminum non-stick cooking plate so you can remove your crepes or blintzes easily.
This crepe maker has an indicator light that tells you when it has reached the desired temperature. It comes with a batter spreader and a 12″ spatula.
- Powerful 1000 watt heating element help heat fast and make crepes quickly.
- Moderate 13 inches non-stick coating plate for convenient cleaning and suitable for pancakes and crepe makers and the options are endless!
- Three temperature control knob work very well to make sure your don’t burn your crepes.
- Red and green indicator light tell you when cooking plate has reached desired temperature.
- Add free Spreader and 12-inch Spatula on this item to help spread batter.
- I love the item, there nothing that i dislike about the item.
- Good product, would recommend
- Works great for making our breakfast strawberry cheese blintzes
- Even, fully adjustable heat.
CucinaPro Cordless Crepe Maker
The CucinaPro cordless crepe maker has an on/off switch with ready indicator light. The electric base of this crepe maker has a cord wrap so you can store it neatly.
This crepe maker form CucinaPro includes a batter spreader and dipping plate that makes it easy to use, even for beginners. It also comes with an instruction book with recipes to help you get started.
- On/off switch has a ready light to indicate when the surface is hot enough to begin cooking.
- Dipping plate and a batter spreader are included to help you create the thinnest crepes.
- Electric base has a cord wrap for neat and easy storage
- Instruction/recipe booklet included which takes the guesswork out of use and crepe preparation.
- Measures: 15″-L x 7.5″-W
- This is such a great product, easy to use and very convenient.
- Easy for students to use!
- love it! easy to clean and use.
- Great cordless crepe maker
- Without a doubt the easiest crepe maker made.
Waring Commercial WSC160 Heavy-Duty Commercial Electric Crepe Maker
The Waring Commercial heavy-duty commercial electric crepe maker has a durable stainless steel base. The carrying handles on the side of the unit are heat resistant for safety.
This 16″ crepe maker from Waring has a cast iron cooking surface to help you make perfect crepes with each use. It has an indicator light that lets you know when it’s ready for use.
- Commercial electric crepe maker features durable stainless steel base with heat-resistant carrying handles
- Heavy-duty cast-iron cooking surface becomes completely nonstick once properly seasoned with easy to use and easy to clean feature
- Adjustable thermostat to 570 degree Fahrenheit makes it cook all types of batters quickly and evenly
- Includes power on and ready indicator lights that will alert you when cooking surface has reached set temperature
- Designed with large 16-inch cast-iron cooking surface built for heat retention and even distribution
- If you want to be a pro Crepe Maker, this will make you happy.
- Cooks really evenly and does a great job.
- Pro Crepe Maker
- Awesome crepe maker.
- Love that it’s cast iron!
- Cooks crepes perfect!!!
- Don’t listen to the naysayers
All of the electric crepe makers that we have been discussing have been designed to do one thing: make it as easy as possible for you to reliably and evenly cook crepes so that you can then sit back and enjoy them.
Non-electric stovetop crepe makers and pans certainly have advantages of their own, particularly for more experienced cooks. The electric crepe makers are all built with efficiency and ease of use in mind. So, if you’re looking to bring in a bit of the taste of a Paris cafe into your own home, they offer you a simple way to do precisely that. We hope you found our Best Crepe Maker Review Guide For This Year helpful.