Best Action Camcorder Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Action Camcorder Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Are you an adventurer? For those who climb mountaintops, snorkel in the deep, bike through the woods, and snow down the most powdery slopes, there’s an answer to your desire to capture everything, and later share with friends an family. Action camcorders allow you to document these amazing sporting accomplishments with good quality and smooth motion.
This type of camera is immensely popular, because it’s totally waterproof, and can take a serious beating on the slopes or in the hills, without showing signs of wear. There are even some camcorders that allow you to swim underwater with them, for perfect scuba and snorkeling footage. The most basic action cameras are going to give you a wide angle view, but many are not able to zoom or focus.
Some newer models from GoPro, Sony Action Cam, and Drift HD Ghost do have these features. Finding the right camcorder for you really depends upon just how extreme your sporting habit is. To find out more keep reading our Best Action Camcorder Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Most Popular Action Camcorder – GoPro Hero 7 Silver
GoPro is by far one of the best manufacturers of action camcorders, and the HERO3+ Silver edition is one of their best. Thanks to its compact size (it’s 15% smaller than earlier models) it’s incredibly easy to carry while you’re sporting, and it also happens to be 2x more powerful than the previous generations.
What you get here is the most advanced Silver edition to date, easily wearable, waterproof, and gear-mounted. Most action cameras are seriously durable, but the HERO3+ also delivers tremendous, professional-grade picture quality, even when it’s seriously moving at high speeds. The amazing resolution goes up to 1080p60 and 10MP, which is at 10 frames per second.
Not only that, but you’re getting built-in WiFi that is faster than ever, 30% longer battery life, and great low-light performance. GoPro has simply taken action filming to a whole new level with this little device.
About This Item:
- 4K30 Video: get stunning 4K video that’s as amazing as the moment itself; you can also shoot time lapse videos to turn longer events into short, shareable moments
- Rugged + Waterproof: Share experiences you can’t capture with your phone; HERO7 Silver is tough, tiny, totally waterproof and up for any adventure
- Intuitive: Touch screen with a touch screen and simple, streamlined capture modes, it’s easy to jump right in and get great shots; just swipe and tap
- Voice Control: Stay in the moment; control your HERO7 Silver hands free with voice commands like “GoPro, take a photo” and “GoPro, start recording
- 10MP photos with WDR HERO7 Silver takes beautiful, vibrant 10MP photos even in challenging shots that mix bright light and shadows; and with burst mode, you can get 15 photos in one second
- Video stabilization adios shaky footage; HERO7 Silver records smooth, steady video whether you’re skiing, snorkeling or chasing your dog around the yard
- Shoot vertically capture photos and videos in portrait orientation, perfect for snapchat and Instagram stories
- Photo timer jump in there; a photo timer makes it easy to grab a GoPro selfie or group shot with your whole crew in the frame
- GPS Performance Stickers: Track your speed, distance and more; add stickers to your videos in the GoPro app to show off how fast, far and high you went as the action unfolds
- GoPro warranty included
- Small and lightweight, beyond any previous Silver
- 2x more Powerful for extreme picture quality
- 30% longer battery life
- Hi-resolution, hi-frame rate
Best Overall Action Camcorder – Veho VCC-005-MUVI-NPNG MUVI HD Mini Handsfree Action Cam with Waterproof Case and 8 GB Memory
Veho made a smart decision when they decided to partner-up with action media partner No Proof No Glory. Together, they’ve released an exceptional action camcorder: the MUVI HD Special edition No Proof No Glory.
With the newly designed waterproof case, you can take your camera as deep as 60 meters into the ocean, with no sign of strain. Are you going to be doing some extreme skiing soon? With the helmet front mount, you can capture some of the most exciting POV shots with your hands entirely free.
Images are smooth and clear, even when you’re going at a serious speed. With a continuous 3 hours of recording time at your fingertips, you’re going to be able to keep the camcorder on the slopes, on a mountaintop, in the ocean; for a very long stretch of time.
The 1.5″ LCD is bright and easy to read, and it also comes with remote, Time Lapse setting, exposure control, and so much more.
About This Item:
- 170 degree wide angle lens to capture all of the footage all of the time
- 5 MP HD video image resolution up to 1920 x 1080 at 30fps
- Universal mounting options inclosing flat mount, helmet side mount, body clip, Helmet strap, Velcro fixings; Up to 8 MP Stills with continuous photos to allow time-lapse videos
- Standard tripod Mount to use with VCC-A019-MP monopod and tripod; Works with all standard MUVI Mounting options (Helmet Mount VCC-A014-HM,Flat Board Mount VCC-A015-FBM,Harness Mount VCC-A016-HSM,Universal pole mount VCC-A017-UPM,Suction Mount VCC-A020-USM)
- No Proof No Glory Edition includes Waterproof Case (VCC-A010-WPC), Helmet Front (VCC-A018-HFM), Remote Control and 8 Gb Memory
- 170 degree wide angle lens
- 5MP HD image resolution
- Numerous mounting options to choose from
- 8MP stills with continuous photos for Time-Lapse videos
Best Budget Action Camcorder – Campark V30 Native 4K Action Camera
When you’re carrying around an action camera, trying to catch extreme sporting moments or POV shots, the last thing you want is something big. That’s why there are models like the Mini Action Camera from WCI. Think of it more like an accessory than a camcorder, because this device is seriously compact.
It easily attaches to things with the included straps and mounts, and records in real time. It’s a snap to instantly upload your video file to your computer with the USB cable, and share these memories with friends and family, as well as on social media sites. This is a really great alternative to the more expensive models on the market, so if you’re new to action video, this might be just the right thing to start with.
Thanks to the handy LCD screen, you’re able to see exactly what you’re filming, making sure the picture and focus are just right. For literally a 1/3 of the price of other action camcorders, you can have fantastic quality footage and durability with the Mini Action Camera.
About This Item:
- TOP 4K VIDEO ACTION CAMERA: Featuring native 4K(3840×2160)/30fps, 2.7k/30fps, 2k/60fps, 1080P/90fps resolution and 20MP image.The sports camera takes incredible photos and videos, recording the beauty and wonders in your life!
- SUPER ANTI-SHAKE FUNCTION: Built-in advanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) with 6-axis gyroscope detects position and motion changes, producing steady and smooth videos even when shooting fast-moving objectives.
- INTUITIVE TOUCH SCREEN AND WIFI: Equipped with 2.0 inch high-sensitive IPS touch screen, it shows everything clearly and brightly, easy to change settings, switch shooting modes, preview and playback footage. Built-in WIFI enables you to share wonderful moment on social media instantly.
- 100FT WATERPROOF CAMERA WITH OPTIONAL VIEW ANGLE: This underwater camera can dive up to 30 meters with the included waterproof case, a great choice for underwater recording. The lens angle is adjustable among 170°, 140°, 110°, 70°.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: 2 Rechargeable 1350mAh batteries are included for long time recording. Other accessories like waterproof case, mounting kit meet all your need for daily recording. (Most accessories are compatible with GoPro) Campark service team provides professional after-sale services with 30 days payment back and 12-month quality support.
- Includes 2.0 touch screen
- SD Card slot
- Incredibly lightweight and durable
- USB plug and mic included
- Mounting gear provides a number of attachment options
Best Action Camcorder Buyers Guide For 2022-2023
Perhaps you are looking for a camcorder that will help you to successfully record all of the details of a sporting event or any situation that involves objects in motion. Not just any camcorder can provide the detailed results that you may be looking for. Action camcorders are designed to capture the details that some other types may not when subjects are in motion.
There are several different brands, types and sizes of action camcorders on the market, which can further complicate the task of finding the right one to meet your needs. This guide is designed to give you the facts about camcorders that are created specifically for capturing situations that involve movement and how to narrow your search to include only the units that have the features that you will find useful for your intended purpose. By following the tips and recommendations we’ve provided, you’ll be able to more quickly and easily identify the right action camcorder to satisfy your requirements.
Figure Out What You Will Be Using the Action Camcorder For:
The type of events that will be recorded, the weather conditions and the length of continuous recording time that is estimated are prime considerations when choosing an action camcorder. This will help you to select a unit that has all of the necessary features that will be important to successfully capture high quality video footage. Another consideration is the location and environmental conditions. Provisions for weather events such as rain, snow, heat, cold or even underwater filming sessions are made by the selection of units having the features designed to accommodate these types of environments.
Types of Action Camcorders:
Action cams are designed for capturing footage of people who are involved in outdoor sporting activities such as skiing, biking, cycling, ATV riding, surfing and many other activities of this type. They are generally compact in size and offer features such as waterproofing, mounting brackets for attachment to a helmet or other area and removable cases. They are often used by the athletes or participants themselves to film what is occurring from their perspective.
The other type of action camcorder is called a pocket camcorder. These are also more compact and lightweight. Some of these action camcorders also have features that make them durable and weatherproof. These are the least popular models of action camcorder and production of new technology for this type has been limited in the past few years.
Features To Look For In an Action Camcorder:
Action camcorders are usually subjected to some type of jolting and abuse, so it is wise to select a model that is designed be rugged, weather resistant and can stand up to the rigors of the activity. Another consideration is how the camera will be used. Will you be standing on the sidelines and shooting footage or must the cam be mounted to a helmet, machine or other location? The features must allow for proper mounting of the camera in a location that will provide the desired view for recording the footage.
They come in a variety of recommended mounting angles such as helmet, chest, wrist and other locations. Another popular feature for those who enjoy filming wildlife is the motion sensing technology found in trail cams.
This helps to conserve battery power for multiple recordings day and night.
If the activity is taking place during evening or night time hours with dim to no lighting, a night vision may also be required. Although less common, this is an option for some models.
Stability of the video is another vital aspect for capturing quality videos that are not blurred or distorted.
Look for a camcorder that stipulates image stabilization technology as this will help to provide you with better action scenes that capture more detail with less distortion.
Look for a camcorder that offers the highest possible battery life. Lithium-ion batteries are reputed for being the longest lasting. One way to gauge the length of the battery when making comparisons is to read the mAh numbers. Higher numbers mean a longer battery life.
If you plan on using the camcorder for extended periods of time, you may want to consider having a spare on hand for swapping out the batteries.
The storage options are another vital feature that can either make or break a great recording session. There is nothing more frustrating than running out of storage space in the middle of an exciting or important event.
Make sure that the storage options provide an adequate amount of space to capture all of the intended footage. You may want to consider a cam that has the capacity for onboard storage and the addition of flash or SD capabilities in any combination.
If your cam will be underwater then make sure that the model you select is not only waterproof, but that it is also rated for use in the maximum expected depth you will be diving into.
Several of the better action cams feature Wi-Fi capability that allows for camera control via a smartphone application. This option also offers a convenient and fast way of uploading the footage to social media and other locations as desired.
Time lapse mode is a feature that is offered in some of the action cams which provides for taking shots at set intervals in time, which are set by you.
Finding the right action camcorder can seem like a tough task with the large variety of offerings on the market. If you are unprepared it most likely will be difficult to make the best decision. It is when you take a few moments to analyze your real needs based upon the ways in which the camcorder will be used, that you can begin narrowing your choices in the right direction.
Considerations for storage space, image quality and stability and battery life can help you to avoid common frustrations. When you predetermine what you will need, you can identify the features that you require in an action camcorder and limit the choices to a few brands and models. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Action Camcorder Buyers Guide For 2022-2023.