This Year Best 4K Monitors Review Guide
This Year Best 4K Monitors Review Guide – To find the best 4K monitor, you’ll need to determine what is most important for you. We recommend 4K monitors with a minimum 3840 X 2160 Resolution (UHD) and 10-bit color depth, which replicates more than one billion colors for a rich, color palette.
Make sure you consider healthy ergonomics as well, with generous tilt, pivot, swivel, and height adjustment as well as a low blue light filter and flicker-free technology to minimize eye strain. To find out even more keep reading our This Year Best 4K Monitors Review Guide.
LG 27UK650-W 4K Monitor Amazon’s Choice
This 4K UHD monitor offers solid specs across the board, starting with an IPS display and 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) for a crisp, lifelike picture. HDR10 high dynamic range offers outstanding contrast optimization and depth.
Kudos for AMD FreeSync technology, which helps optimize refresh rates by eliminating screen tearing and stuttering caused by a clash between the native refresh rate and graphics card.
Other features with this best 4K monitor gaming focus heavily on gaming, Black Stabilizer technology optimizes dark areas for the richer black palette and On-Screen Control allows for easy toggling of menu navigations using your mouse.
All in all, we were very impressed with this 4K monitor’s combination of screen quality and controls. This is a great choice for consumers looking to purchase the best monitor for graphic design.
- 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) 27 inch IPS Display
- HDR10 compatible; Viewing Angle 178/178 (CR≥10) (Typ)
- sRGB 99 percent Color Gamut
- AMD FreeSync technology
- HDCP 2.2 compatible
- 99% sRGB outstanding color depth
- AMD FreeSync technology for smooth no blur motion
- Generous 178° wide viewing angle
- Peak brightness of 350 nits; could be brighter
- Does not include VESA’s HDR400 certification
- No local dimming for higher contrast ratio
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This 4K monitor comes with a super sharp 4K UHD 2160p resolution and 99% sRGB color coverage, an excellent choice as a primary monitor for an office or larger household.
BenQ EW3270U 4K Monitor Amazon’s Choice
This 4K monitor is pretty well rounded. A sharp 4K UHD remains true to color with a 95% DCI-P3 wide color gamut and HDR10 support for outstanding contrast levels, with deeper blacks, purer whites, and improved grayscale performance.
AMD FreeSync technology also works to optimize refresh rates. Combined with BenQ’s proprietary Opt-Clarity for optimized brightness and contrast along with flicker-free technology and low blue light filtering, this 4K monitor is very gentle on the eyes.
In addition to 95% DCI-P3 support, this 4K monitor also covers 100% of the Rec.706 color range for excellent picture quality, ensuring accurate colors from the screen to print, especially useful for photo and video editing. Big points go to its ergonomic options, with VESA compatibility to accommodate aftermarket mounting arms and walls. It’s a contender for the best photo editing monitor on our list.
- High resolution: 31. 5-Inch LED 4K UHD (3840×2160 resolution)
- Hdr support: HDR increases the dynamic range between black and white to showcase incredible clarity and details
- Brightness Intelligence Plus technology: monitor adjusts brightness and color temperature based on on-screen content and ambient light conditions
- Eye-care technology: low Blue light and flicker-free technology reduce eye discomfort.Brightness:300
- Multiple connectivity: HDMI 2. 0, DP1. 4, USB-C (only for video and not for power supply)
- Great color support (100% Rec.706)
- HDR support for excellent clarity
- Includes HDMI 2.0 & DisplayPort 1.4 ports
- So-so peak brightness of 300 nits
- Maximum refresh rate of 60Hz could be better’
- No Adaptive Sync technology
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This 4K monitor comes with LED 4K UHD (3840×2160) resolution and Brightness Intelligence Plus technology, which auto optimizes brightness levels based on ambient lighting conditions – a great choice for people who want to protect their eyes.
BenQ SW321C PhotoVue 4K Monitor Amazon’s Choice
This 4K monitor is a workhorse for photographers. AQColor technology delivers a rich color palette with 99%, Adobe RGB, and 10-bit color depth for a wider color palette and greater calibration options. Integrated Paper Color Sync software also works to maintain on-screen color to match the print to the tee. Kudos for DR10 and HLG formats support which also increase contrast depth and range.
One of our favorite features with this best 4K monitor for designers is how easy it is to use. Along with a shading hood to reduce screen glare, it integrates a HotKey Puck G2, a puck-shaped scroll wheel that makes navigating menus a breeze.
Another photo editor friendly feature, GamutDuo, also allows placing two images side by side with differing color gamuts to make judgments on final output. There is no shortage of photographer-friendly features on this one. If you need a wider screen, the best widescreen monitor is another great option.
- AQCOLOR TECHNOLOGY 99% Adobe RGB coverage uniformity technology and hardware calibration support for accurate color performance
- 32 INCH 16 9 4K RESOLUTION
- HARDWARE CALIBRAITON WITH PALETTER MASTER ELEMENT SOFTWARE
- PAPER COLOR SYNC FOR SCREEN-TO-PRINT COLOR MATCHING
- Intuitive HotKey Puck G2 w/easy scrolling
- AQColor technology for rich color palette
- GamutDuo for side-by-side image comparison between two color gamuts
- No Adaptive Sync tech
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This 4K monitor comes with excellent color reproduction (99% Adobe RGB coverage) and HotKey Puck G2, a dynamic puck-shaped scroll wheel for easy menu navigating – an excellent choice for photo editors who toggle between different preset shortcuts frequently.
Dell Ultrasharp U2718Q 4K Monitor
This 4K monitor is above average to great in most aspects. It uses an IPS display with h 10-bit color support for a rich, 1+ billion color palette, along with 99% sRGB coverage, which is excellent with color reproduction and ensuring on-screen output translates to print.
Its peak 350-nit brightness is serviceable enough for bright rooms, but we generally recommend a peak brightness of 500 nits or higher to notice a true difference.
On the ergonomics front, we are big fans of ComfortView, Dell’s proprietary technology which helps prevent blue lights, which can cause damage to the retina with prolonged exposure.
Kudos for a healthy number of connectivity options including two HDMI 2.0 ports, two USB ports, and two DisplayPorts (most of our research saw monitors with only one DisplayPort). It’s certainly one of the best HDR monitor options on our list.
- Exceptional details, ultimate efficiency — a 27” 4K screen with incredibly thin bezels — ideal for multiple monitor setup
- Hone in on every task with a multi-monitor setup and experience a virtually seamless view thanks to ultrathin bezels
- Dell HDR combines greater depth of colors, remarkable clarity and a high contrast range of shades to create strikingly realistic images. Colour Support:1.07 billion colours
- Connect up to six compatible RF devices or Bluetooth 4.0 through Dell Universal Pairing. Dell Display Manager Compatibility. Operating system supported-Windows 10, 8.1. 7. Tackle multiple tasks at once and stay organized thanks to Easy Arrange, a feature that lets you tile and view applications side by side
- Brightness 350 cd/m².Pixel Pitch:0.1554 mm x 0.1554 mm
- Sleek, near borderless display
- High Adobe RGB coverage for accurate reproduction
- 384-zone one dimming backlighting for improved contrast
- No picture-in-picture modes
- Does not support AMD FreeSync or Nvidia GSync
- Average 60Hz refresh rate
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This 4K monitor comes with HDR10 support for outstanding color depth and a near borderless display, an excellent choice for minimalists who want to maximize screen space.
Dell UltraSharp U2720Q 4K Monitor
This 4K monitor offers solid specs across the board. A 4K UHD 2160p delivers a crisp display with a 99% sRGB color gamut for accurate color reproduction. On the software side, users will enjoy Easy Arrange, a layout feature that allows customization of application tiles in 38 unique layouts. Consider this an excellent monitor for multi-taskers.
Our favorite feature with this 4K monitor is its generous ergonomics with a full 90° pivot to convert from landscape to portrait mode, along with a 45° swivel, 5° to 21° tilt range, and 129mm of height adjustment. Back panel VESA mounting holes with the appropriate spacing are included for easy wall mounting. It’s one of the best vertical monitors on our list.
- Create an efficient workspace with the Dell UltraSharp U2720Q 27 inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) LED Backlit LCD IPS USB-C Monitor (7GZ651)
- Sleek design – 27 inch diagonal 4K UHD IPS screen with vibrant 3840 x 2160 resolution and thin profile that supports virtually seamless multi-display setups
- Exceptional visuals – see consistent, vibrant colors across a wide viewing angle enabled by In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology
- Experience simple, convenient connectivity – work with your most frequently-used devices with DisplayPort, HDMI, USB ports, and Audio Line out
- Display Features: Tilt, Swivel, Pivot, Vesa Mount Compatible, Anti-glare, USB Hub, LED Backlights, In Plane Switching, Security Lock Slot, Energy Star Certified, 99% sRGB color gamut
- Easy Arrange functionality for multitasking
- VESA DisplayHDR 400 certified for excellent color reproduction
- Sleek InfinityEdge bezel for minimalist design
- Refresh rate limited to 60Hz
- Does not support VRR
- The stand may not feel sturdy enough for some people
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This 4K monitor comes with an IPS 3840 x 2160 resolution panel and a full 90° pivot to convert it to Portrait Mode, an excellent option for coders and programmers looking for a vertical view of that lengthy code.
BenQ PD3200U 4K Monitor Amazon’s Choice
This 4K UHD 2160p monitor is pretty well rounded in most aspects. Exclusive AQColor technology delivers a crisp picture with high sRGB and Rec. 709 coverage for excellent color accuracy.
We think this 4K gaming monitor’s biggest strength lies in its ergonomics. A Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) Switch navigates between menus toggle style and enables the viewing of content from two separate computers on one screen.
DualView also allows working in two color modes with easy side-by-side comparison, so we find this especially useful for photo and video editing. If you’re a Mac user, you can also check out our best monitor for mac mini buying guide to explore more options.
- Exclusive AQColor technology covers a wide variety of color spaces such as Adobe RGB, sRGB and Rec. 709 ensuring the colors on your screen are the brightest, boldest and most accurate
- View files side-by-side with DualView. Easily compare photos and videos in specialized CAD/CAM, Darkroom or Animation display modes next to each other on one screen. Pantone Validated
- Ergonomic features allows you to customize your viewing experience with a tilt, twist or turn. Adjust the screen height or rotate to portrait mode for added comfort and workflow efficiency
- Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) Switch allows users to display files, photos or videos from two different computers on a single screen. Easily work on multiple projects at once without worrying about transferring files computer to computer
- Eye care technology prevents eye strain, fatigue and irritation with Low Blue Light technology, Brightness Intelligence and ZeroFlicker filters out harmful blue light, automatically adjust screen brightness based on your surroundings and eliminates annoying flickering.Brightness:350 cd/㎡
- All units purchased from Amazon comes with new firmware update, fixing previous flickering issues
- Includes CAD/CAM mode product design
- Excellent Adobe RGB for color accuracy
- Dual View for viewing artwork in two color modes side-by-side
- No HDR support
- Thick bezels
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This 4K monitor comes with AQColor technology for a vivid color palette and Eye Care technology, a great choice for people looking to minimize eye strain during marathon working sessions.
BenQ PD2700U 4K Monitor Amazon’s Choice
Arguably this 4K monitor’s biggest strength lies in its three professional modes (Darkroom, Animation, and CAD/CAM), great for product designers needing 100% sRGB and Rec. 7609 coverage for a blisteringly accurate picture.
Along with DualView and picture/picture functionality, product designs can create a more accurate spec. AQColor technology delivers a bold and lifelike color palette.
This 4K gaming monitor also performs well from an ergonomic perspective, with a full 90 pivot to convert to Portrait mode, along with 150mm height adjustment, and a 20 tilt. Plus, it is VESA compatible for easy wall mounting.
This 4K monitor’s combination of professional modes and ergonomic design make it a winner across the board. For product managers who spend a lot of time in front of a screen, our best monitor for eyes buying guide will also be useful.
- SEE MORE 27 inch 4K IPS HDR monitor w/wide viewing angles 60Hz
- EXPERIENCE MORE HDR10 support lets you preview video content in HDR during editing for better faster results. Brightness – 350 cd/㎡. Response Time – 5ms(GtG). Refresh Rate – 60Hz. Aspect Ratio – 16:9
- DO MORE improve workflow with CAD/CAM Darkroom Animation and DualView custom view modes PIP/PBP picture in picture/picture by picture
- CREATE MORE access more than a billion colors through 10 bit tech PD2700U covers 100%sRGB and Rec. 709 and has Delta E ≤ 3
- SURPRISE FREE every PD2700U comes pre calibrated with its unique calibration report is Pantone Validated and Verified by CalMAN
- Connectivity technology: hdmi
- 60 hertz
- Automated brightness intelligence
- Intuitive Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) Switch
- Darkroom, CAD/CAM, and Animation display modes
- Average 350 cd/㎡ brightness rating
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This 4K monitor offers dynamic HDR10 support and comes with three preset color modes – CAD/CAM, an excellent choice for technical designers looking for superb color accuracy when designing products.
Dell UltraSharp U3219Q 4K Monitor
This 4K gaming monitor really pops off the screen with 3840×2160 Ultra HD 4K resolution. for a truly sharp and immersive picture. Color reproduction is also solid (99% sRGB coverage ), a workable choice for photo and video editors looking for accurate on-screen to print reproduction.
Our only real knock on this monitor is its 8 ms response time and 60Hz refresh rate, which offers some noticeable blur with high motion scenes.
Consider this 4K monitor a better option for less intensive office tasks such as email, web browsing, and spreadsheet mastering. Looking for a curved option? Check out our best curved monitor buying guide.
- Experience four times more detail than Full HD with 3840×2160 Ultra HD 4K resolution.
- Your images shine the way they were meant to on the world’s first 31.5” 4K Ultra HD monitor with VESA certified DisplayHDR 400i featuring HDR content playback support.
- Your UltraSharp monitor is factory calibrated at 99% sRGB coverage right out of the box. You can trust that your videos reflect lifelike color.
- Response Time – 8 ms (normal) ; 5 ms (Fast) – (gray to gray)
- Pixel Pitch:0.182 mm
- 60 hertz
- VESA certified DisplayHDR w/rich color
- Peak brightness of 400 nits; great for bright rooms
- 99% sRGB coverage for excellent color reproduction
- 8ms response time could be faster
- So-so 60Hz refresh rate
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This 4K monitor comes with VESA certified DisplayHDR 400i support for dynamic HDR support and a peak brightness of 400 nits, an excellent choice as a No. 1 monitor for a home or office space.
Samsung LU28E590DS 4K Monitor Amazon’s Choice
This best 4K monitor for Macbook Pro is well put together. Ultra HD delivers four times the pixel density of Full HD with a 1_billionc color palette for a lifelike and vivid picture. Note, this 4K monitor uses a TN panel, which offers narrower viewing angles and a slightly lesser picture than IPS panels.
Multi-taskers will especially appreciate this best budget 4K monitor’s Picture-in-Picture (PIP) 2.0 technology for side-by-de app and spreadsheet/document management.
Connectivity options include two HDMI 2.0 ports and a DisplayPort. In short, if you are looking for a pure office work/spreadsheet multi-tasker extraordinaire, this TN panel is a solid choice. It’s the best monitor for watching movies on our list.
- With stunning Ultra HD picture quality, PC viewing, gaming and more come alive with incredible lifelike detail
- AMD FreeSync and 1ms response time minimizes input latency and dramatically reduces image tearing and stutter during gaming
- An incredible 1 billion colors delivers detailed, natural looking, and extremely realistic images; Connect multiple Ultra HD devices, like PCs and gaming consoles via two HDMI 2.0 inputs as well as one Display Port input
- Watch your favorite movie or video in one window while simultaneously working on a spreadsheet with Picture in Picture (PIP) 2.0 technology
- Pixel pitch is 0.006 horizontal x 0.006 vertical in inches; Minimum brightness is 310 cd per m2; Tilting the product excessively may cause it to fall and result in personal injury; Vesa mounting interface for use with specialty arm mounting hardware is 3 x 3 inches
- OS Compatibility : Windows, Mac
- 10-bit depth for 1+billion colors
- Peak 370-nit brightness rating
- Sturdy and well built T-stand for stability
- Does not support G Sync or FreeSync
- So-so viewing angles (160° vertical; and 170° horizontal)
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This 4K monitor delivers with a 3840 X 2160 Resolution (UHD) for a 1 billion color palette and a Picture-in-Picture (PIP) 2.0 technology for multitasking – an excellent choice for people who want to watch movies and work in an app at the same time.
HP Z27 4K Monitor
This 4K monitor is pretty well rounded, starting with an IPS panel carrying 3840 x 2160 resolution. One knock is that its Adobe RGB performance is below average (77%), so we don’t recommend it for high-intensity photo and video editing. Consider this a better 4K monitor for emails, web browsing, and spreadsheet tasks.
Ergonomics with this 4K monitor works very well, leads up a 90° swivel, and pivots with a healthy -5 to +23° tilting angle. All of the required ports are on tap, including HDMI 2.0, two USBs, DisplayPort, and Mini DisplayPort. Need something with great sound quality? You might also be interested in the best monitor with speakers for your home or office.
- Experience extraordinary, precise color and see more of your projects at one time on a display with stunning 4K resolution.
- Sleek metallic finish for flair
- Health number of connectivity options (USB, DisplayPort, USB 3.0)
- Solid peak brightness of 350 cd/m²
- Does not support G Sync or FreeSync for improved refresh rates
- Only covers 77% of the Adobe RGB
WHY WE LIKE IT:
This 4K monitor comes with a sleek and minimalist design and healthy 99% sRGB coverage, an excellent choice for people who prefer flair over function.
This Year Best 4K Monitors Buyers Guide
The Most Important Features to Consider
Our recommendation is for 4K monitors to have a minimum 3840 X 2160 Resolution (UHD) and 10-bit color depth, which offers a breathtaking 1+ billion color palette for outstanding color depth and contrast. Kudos for a peak brightness of 400 nits, which works exceptionally well in sunlit rooms or facing open windows.
Before buying a monitor, make sure it fits the space where you want to position it. Also, note how far it will be placed away from you. The industry standard ranges from 27″ to 32,” although 27″ is becoming popular because it has 163 pixels per inch, more than the 90-100 PPI minimum range for viewing on a PC monitor.
Number of Ports:
The greater and more diversified the number of ports, the more external devices could be connected and charged with ease. Look for a minimum built-in USB hub of three ports, along with DisplayPort and HDMI for more intensive applications.
An IPS panel will work best if you’re after color accuracy or color reproduction and better viewing angles instead of fast-paced gaming. A TN panel will be a better pick if you’ll use your monitor for gaming alone.
Outside of health swivel, tilt, pivot, and height adjustment for seating comfort, we look for features that assist with multi-tasking and other project-specific work, such as picture-in-picture and DualView for comparing images using two color scales. Darkroom, CAD/CAM, and Animation display modes also work for project-specific tasks.
Check if your monitor has an HDMI 2.0 port so you can plug into your gaming console, a DisplayPort if you’re plugging into a PC, or a Thunderbolt 3 for laptops such as MacBook Pros.
The best 4K monitors have height adjustments, various mounting options (VESA mounts) as well as movable features such as tilt, swivel, and pivot. Choose monitors with thin bezels as they provide a superior viewing experience over thick-framed units besides offering a more modern look.
Adaptive sync technology:
Gamers need to look for monitors that are compatible with FreeSync and G-Sync drivers for a tear-free experience, especially for multiplayer games.
This refers to the number of times your screen refreshes per second. The higher the refresh rate, the less blur you’ll see on screen, and motions are clearer and smoother. Gamers prefer a refresh rate of at least 144hz, but most 4K monitors have a refresh rate of 60hz.
This is how fast individual pixels change in color. This time, a smaller number is better because that means pixels change fast in a short time. A good response time of 0.5 to 1ms prevents blurring and ghosting when watching videos or playing games.
4K Monitor FAQs
Q: Is 4K worth it on a 27″ monitor?
A: Yes, it’s a wise investment considering that you can now get a new 4K monitor at nearly the same cost as a non-4K monitor. However, you have to check your central processing unit, graphics processor, and internet connection to ensure that you can stream videos and play games at 60hz, which is the most common refresh rate of 4K models.
Q: Is 4K better than 144hz?
A: It depends on how you’ll use your monitor. If you’re more into photo and video editing but also want to use your screen for immersive, slow-paced games, then a 4K monitor will work for you. But a 144hz monitor is better if you’ll mainly use it for playing fast-paced, first-person shooter games. 4K monitors are currently more expensive than 144hz screens at 1080 pixels and require high-end graphics cards.
Q: What is HDR and HDR10?
A: Monitors operating with high dynamic range (HDR) can produce realistic images due to their wider range of luminosity. They can display richer shadows and brighter highlights, making variations in brightness very distinguishable. There are several HDR formats, with Dolby Vision and HDR10 being most commonly used. Dolby Vision requires a Dolby Vision hardware chip, while HDR10 is an open standard that distributors and content producers can use freely.
Q: What is Color Accuracy?
A: Monitors with a high level of color accuracy display images in the colors that match how they look like in the real world. This quality is crucial among users involved in graphics, video editing, and photo retouching as well as businesses that make print catalogs or operate e-commerce. Color accuracy can be achieved by using tools to configure or calibrate your monitor’s hardware and software.
Q: What is the best monitor size?
A: 4K display offers four times the resolution (3,840 x 2,160 pixels as opposed to 1920 x 1080 pixels). This translates to 8 m, million pixels versus 2 million pixels. With 1080p quickly falling by the wayside and 4K at competitive prices, the choice is obvious, regardless of screen size.
Q: Is 4k monitor better for eyes?
A: It is not any more or less better for the eyes than other monitors, regardless of screen size. Look for the best 4K monitors with flicker-free and low blue light filtering technology. Remember to see at a correct distance from the screen as well. A rule of thumb is to sit at least 20 inches away from a screen to reduce squinting and eye strain.
After analyzing hundreds of reviews, we’ve determined that the LG 27UK650-W 4K Monitor is the best 4K monitor you can buy.
Keep reading about this and our other top picks to learn more about the best computer monitors on the market. Thanks for taking the time to read our This Year Best 4K Monitors Review Guide.